"Noh-ter Daym"

>"Noh-ter Daym"
>"Boston Sell-tics"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IuBOvzXqPoY?t=16s
youtu.be/Qoh3YkxuwVo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you pronounce Notre Dame or Celtics in a sports context the same way you would in a historic context you have autism. Not understanding this also means you have autism.

>"Noh-ter Daym"
you guys can't pronounce french names for shit, not just this one

>So the Boston Keltics were...
You mean the Celtics?
>pfffffffftttttttttttttt

How is Celtics supposed to be pronounced? People here pronounce Notre Dame in the French way

Is funny how Americans pronounce Spanish names like "San Diego", "Monterrey" or "Los Ángeles"

> he pronounces American words in a foreign country' accent
> he's so cucked he doesn't demand the same of them

libtard

>notra dom

>How is Celtics supposed to be pronounced?

nice meme, you get meme points.

why the fuck would you pronouce 2% of the foreign words here in USA as in the foreign coutry?

Honestly please say why.

And then do you get the same respect from foreign citizens? Fuck no, they just say it in whatever accent or local word makes sense.

Stop being a retard.

>"Noh-ter Daym"
kek, this one always makes me laugh

>neuter damn

top kek

You didn't answer

Celtic, from the Irish Celtics football club is in English too. The Irish speak English...

Why do they pronounce it okay here but fuck up the university name?

youtu.be/IuBOvzXqPoY?t=16s

why wouldn't you? it's literally just 2%. why are you so triggered by this? honestly please say why

>I could care less that I'm in my Speedo but i'm going to go order a Chinese and ask for direction to the mall so I can buy a scissor

The Boston Celtics pronounce it "Sell-ticks".

So does CFC.

Same for Celtic FC

So do the Irish...

>illinoise

>looey-vil

KEK

Cuck OP BTFO

>woo-ster

Not the OP, also don't follow soccer. The more you know.

Notruh Dum

It's funny when Americans spergout over "Maryland" but then pronounce "Notre Dame" incorrectly.

because you are making it seem like a big deal that people don't follow your try hard lifestyle. Shitting on you using the only form of language you understand, direct, isn't the same as being triggered.

how do they pronounce maryland?

sort of like a quick version of "marra-lund"

they get really triggered when someone says "mary-land"

Mair-uh-lind

I've never heard someone say Mary-land because that's just plain wrong

If'n yew don't lack thuh way we pronance are werds, you kin getttt atttt.

Yeah I prefer "Ir-rel-e-vant-since-1990" for both.

Wait. Do other non-french countries pronounce Notre Dame in a faux-French accent and say "no-tra dam"? Are you fucking serious

Notre Dame and the University of Notre Dame (no-terr daim) aren't pronounced the same way. I don't there's any context where the university is pronounced like the monument.

Whoops, this is what i meant. The college and the church have two different pronunciations here. And also like other people have pointed out, the Scottish team pronounces "celtic" the same way. So fuck off retards

>Mair-uh-lind
how the fuck did you come up with that pronunciation?

It's ok that isn't as bad as
>Lenoir

Un-emphasized vowels are often reduced to the schwa. The empahsis in "Maryland" is on the first "a"

>"due-pin men-tall"

>Lenoir (pronounced lah-NORE)
hmm

I go to Notre Dame in Australia and we sa not-re daym

>"Noh-ter Daym"
You're kidding right

This isn't a thing

It's how they say it in America Tbh

That's beyond retarded

About a minute in: youtu.be/Qoh3YkxuwVo

What do you even expect anymore when someone mentions America? I mean, there should be no more illusions left to shatter.

You're overreacting. European thing to do

We pronounce the church the right way, we just say the university that way. Its a bit like you saying echofriendly to describe a Prius

at least we aren't being swarmed with mudslimes

yet

>Kansas
>Can-sas

>Arkansas
>Are-cun-saw

I literally and unironically prefer muslims to americans

and to be fair, it's a long and storied history of bastardizing french words that america inherited from the english
>sinclair
>st. john
>all those co-opted french words
etc.

t. Muhammad al-Khalif

saved to my american banter folder

>"loss ann-gel-less"

the brits don't butcher french words/names as often as americans though

What the fuck did we ever do to you, dude? When Trump's elected i propose we bomb your country next.

>, dude
kys

>Autism
>Cuck
>Triggered