Could have gone down as literally THE GREATEST WR TO EVER PUT ON CLEATS

>could have gone down as literally THE GREATEST WR TO EVER PUT ON CLEATS
>naaaah, I don't feel like it

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12496480/san-francisco-49ers-linebacker-chris-borland-retires-head-injury-concerns
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

playing for the lions can crush anyone's competitive spirit, look at barry sanders

>made a gorillion dollars
>you can retire while young with you brain still intact
>or stick it out 8 more years and kill yourself at 55

Fucking this!
>I love the game so much
>Stays longer than you should
>Gets hurt then cut
>end up like Tim tebow
>Sounding like a fag and begging for attention

Nick Chubb will get drafted low(last) and cut early or never drafted. He defines glass cannon.

aint his mom a doctor or some shit? I bet she got him to quit

>murder yourself to continue playing a game
How about no?

he knew there was no ring in sight. I don't blame him. He made his money and will probably be a lot mentally healthier now.

>could have gone down as literally THE GREATEST WR TO EVER PUT ON CLEATS
>gets drafted by the lions

>always gets triple teamed and consequently injured
>dude why is he such a pussy and doesn't play lmao

Damn niggers. You would never see a white man quit like that.

maybe in bizarro world, he was 27th all-time when he retired

unless he left the Lions and joined a competent team and then proceeded to put 5+ years of otherworldly stats, nah, his chances of GOAThood were 0 to begin with.

espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12496480/san-francisco-49ers-linebacker-chris-borland-retires-head-injury-concerns

what's the point of being rich when you're in your 40s if you're brain dead.

This also megatron is actually pretty intelligent compared to most star NFL players

Megatron on top of being an all time great WR is a smart dude. He kept his head low and never drew attention to himself like drama queen Dez Bryant. His only downfall was being drafted by the the Loins. Good for him for making loot then leaving before any serious damage is done.

t. Lions Fan

delete this

I guess

>He didn't end his career with a season on the Pats
sad desu

If he hadn't been drafted by the Loins he could have been GOAT, but still made his case as an all time great anyway. Same with Barry.
But Megatron's smart. He got paid well, and anyone with a brain could see that the fucking Loins weren't getting anywhere near the Super Bowl. So rather than beat his body up more chasing an unattainable goal, he retired.

He could of gotten paid and just got lazy on the last few years of his contract. I think he did the Lions a favor by retirieing, instead of staying on the payroll.

>Spend another second playing for Detroit
>Retire
he made the right choice desu

This desu and add that he is a lion and it adds the cherry on top.

You can't be this stupid. He was on pace to beat out Jerry Rice and every other top receiver you idiot. It wasn't a matter IF he could land 1, but WHEN. Unfortunately now we'll never know since he decided to retire early, just like that fuckboi Willis.

He could have easily chased a ring and left the loins, just like Revis did joining the pats

/thread

Got to get out of the game while you're still ahead... CTE is a real thing

>Have one of the greatest RBs of all time
>Break his competitive spirit and he retires
>Have one of the most gifted WRs of all time
>Break his competitive spirit and he retires

Noticing a pattern here? The Lions are an absolute shitshow of a franchise.

He was on his downswing it was clear last season when he missed like 4 games with ankle injuries, but they hardly threw the ball his way because the lions offensive staff is fucking retarded
>reggie bush

Bobby layne man.

I never get why retiring greats without rings don't do this more or less automatically. Take a sweetheart deal, get a ring, ride off into the sunset.

fuck off he is a total class act

>loyal during 0-16 days
>never bitched about contract
>GOAT WR, though stats won't show it
>never show-boated
>never celebrated TDs
>got out before he ruined his knees/brain

t. loins fan

>He was on pace to beat out Jerry Rice and every other top receiver

The pace at which he gained receiving yards is certain to fall as he gets older. Johnson's body was starting to fail him and it's questionable if he would have managed to beat Rice's records even in a watered-down NFL.

Rice played over 13 seasons without suffering any real injury. It wasn't until Warren Sapp tackled Rice by the face mask that Rice suffered the only significant injury of his career.

I think it's very doubtful that Johnson would have had the longevity that Rice did. In particular, look at some of the statistics that Rice put up once he was past 35 years old and compare those numbers with WRs who are just past 30 years old. Rice is the only receiver in NFL history to put up the numbers he did at that advanced an age.

He said he would have kept playing if the Lions were contenders. I think that hail mary in motown was what killed him.

actually you would because it's exactly what Chris Borland did, only an idiot would continue to kill himself the way NFL players do just for more money and or fame.