To what extent is he to blame for that portion of Americans today who find baseball "boring" and don't watch the World...

To what extent is he to blame for that portion of Americans today who find baseball "boring" and don't watch the World Series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CLY16wmHdUk
youtube.com/watch?v=w-35ghwAw90
youtube.com/watch?v=UEEOZpdp9bo
youtube.com/watch?v=T1vDF0hSfoA
broadcastingcable.com/blog/bc-beat/guest-blog-baseballs-coming-media-revenue-crisis/154667
foxsports.com/buzzer/story/baseball-is-dying-proclamations-031215
forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?/sites/maurybrown/2014/10/08/baseball-is-dying-dont-be-stupid/&toURL=http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2014/10/08/baseball-is-dying-dont-be-stupid/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/
sportsworld.nbcsports.com/baseball-is-not-dying/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eli throws it... annnnnd caught.

That's all you need to know. His Dad has been dead for years but this idiot is still riding his coat tails.

millennials find baseball boring because they were raised in the NFL era and they can't get into a sport where you have to pay attention to the ball rather than the players themselves.

None. Most casual plebs are Wankee fans. When they git gud again, the ratings will go up.

its not buck's fault that baseball is boring as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=CLY16wmHdUk
youtube.com/watch?v=w-35ghwAw90
youtube.com/watch?v=UEEOZpdp9bo
youtube.com/watch?v=T1vDF0hSfoA
Quite literally the worst commentator in the history of sports

This.

It's an archaic game of scripted individual play. It's not a dynamic free-flowing team sport.

It just needs to die. It had a good run.

Do they still have that annoying black guy on during the WS as an analyst? The dude who called Venezuela an """island"""?

I actually muted the tv during the series after that.

ADD
A
PITCH
CLOCK

>not a team sports

u what m8? The Angels are one of the worst teams in Baseball, despite having easily the best player in all of baseball.

collection of individuals ≠ team

i thought baseball was boring before i even heard of him.
going to the ballpark with your friends and drinking for 4 hours is fun.
watching it on tv by myself will put me into a hard coma.

for

So Basketball isn't a team sport either? Basketball also makes millions of dollars less per year than Baseball does, so does that mean that Basketball should die too?

In basketball you actually run plays and team chemistry is a key element.

Baseball is literally sit in the dugout and wait for your turn to bat.

>its a fat fuck Cred Forumslerge in charge of sports identities episode

>i don't like it, so it needs to die
millennials in a nutshell.

>Pass the ball to Lebron
>make sure the other team doesn't score
>repeat

What a great team effort. All you need is one god player for a team to be good.

Except lebron lost like 3 titles

>avg boreball fan

On extremely flawed teams that wouldn't have made it anywhere remotely close to the finals without Lebron.

>Miami heat
>Cavs
>"""extremely flawed"""
LMAO at (You)

So what is it then? Lebron has 4 championship losses. Use a better example.

Joe Buck is quality but unfortunately for him, he's the only voice people under the age 25 have heard. E!SPN highlight shows always include the announcer call and people are just sick of his voice and delivery.

Baseball is steadily declining
with or without Joe

Yet Baseball's revenues have continued to grow.

People only watch their regional teams when it comes to Baseball, which is why Baseball's regional ratings blow it's national ratings out of the water. This also explains why the World Series doesn't have much viewership. People don't watch it if their team isn't in it.

Bring back steroids

>Yet Baseball's revenues have continued to grow

just wait until that juicy cable money from the regional network deals dries up

it won't be pretty for baseball. when the boomers stop watching, it's going to be a plummet out of the big 4

Nice meme.

Too bad mlb.tv is already the biggest sports streaming service on the market right now. And the average user age for that is 27.

This. Fucking McGwire-Sosa-Bonds era was insane, we actually were hyped for boreball in elementary school. I used to wake up early to watch sportscenter before school.

Do children even like baseball anymore?

>meme

broadcastingcable.com/blog/bc-beat/guest-blog-baseballs-coming-media-revenue-crisis/154667

lol baseball fans are so delusional about the state of their game.. it's sad really.

"Eli Manning, stays on his feet... airs it out down field... and it is caught by Tyree." Notice there are no exclamation points in that sentence.

Wow, you mean to say older people don't watch shit on their computer? Well fuck, that's revealing.

Meanwhile, the average age of World Series TV viewers is 60 and rises by one every year.

>being this senseless about football
I mean, if you are gonna bash football just at least have some knowledge about the game desu

>completely ignoring streaming services

lol ok.

NFL has some of the worst TV ratings that it's had in decades across the board. The average viewer age is only 3 years younger than Baseball too. Using your own logic, NFL is also a dying sport.

you can't be this dense

You do realize that the average football viewer age is 49 compared to baseball's 52, correct? Those ages are based off cable ownership, which is an extremely flawed method of getting an average age.

I'm not even a baseball fan, I just don't understand you guys that are hellbent on wanting baseball to die.

foxsports.com/buzzer/story/baseball-is-dying-proclamations-031215

forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?/sites/maurybrown/2014/10/08/baseball-is-dying-dont-be-stupid/&toURL=http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2014/10/08/baseball-is-dying-dont-be-stupid/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/

sportsworld.nbcsports.com/baseball-is-not-dying/

Maybe if you keep saying it, it'll start to become true though

but i do have knowledge about football, which is why i was able to make that comparison in my post.

get off the computer, gramps

I just wanted to reply that i don't care much about american sports but still watch this guy channel and his rants about his shitty team.

it's saturday afternoon, get off the computer and go chase some girls, you fucking loser.

Baseball isnt boring, the problem with baseball is that there are so many games they dont have much meaning until sept or oct. if there were only 20-25 games a year the pressure would make each moment more exciting exactly like what happens in football. also the stadiums would actually fill up and the atmosphere would be more lively.

>getting mad on 4chink

can someone fill me in? how can one guy be responsible of the downfall of such a big sport?

i would gladly google it myself but I dont think "how Joe Buck ruined baseball" give any results

its a meme boreball fans use to "explain" why the regular american sports fan doesnt like basebore

This.

Atleast Handegg has some entertainment value to it, whether it be the nigger kneeling or someone getting trucked or something.

>a sport where you have to pay attention to the ball

Why not remove the players, the bat. and everyone else and have the cameras just point at a normal ball being pushed in the wind. It'd probably be more entertaining than baseball.

You aren't even refuting his evidence and points.

Look at all these teams within a game or two of a playoff spot. Tell me games in the first 3 months don't matter, please.

And soon those baby boomers will die off and the sport can finally die with them.

>evidence and points

as if "he's" provided any of that this entire thread, mr samefag

why so defensive?

>I don't like it and find it boring so it must die
kys, if you actually left your basement you'd realize that a quarter of the population have it as their favorite sport and a third watch it.

bro lebron is literally the only basketball superstar who passes well. you literally could have picked ANYBODY else

fucking baseball fans are confirmed retarded

MITCHELL
MITCHELL
MITCHELL!

What I said has nothing to do with whether I like it or not.

It was addressing why it's no longer America's favorite sport. It's fundamentally inferior to the other big sports in this country. That's a simple fact.

It's more of a game than a sport.

Is that forehead shooped?

probably very little because most people couldn't care less about the national TV games when their local team plays almost very day

For one thing it is the second most popular sport by a fucking huge margin so no it is not inferior by that metric

Second of all:
>It's more of a game than a sport
What did he mean by this?

0%

>Joe Buck's voice is forever ingrained in calls for historic baseball and football games

Idk about baseball popularity but his calls of SB 42 are downright criminal.

I honestly dont get why people find Baseball boring.

What is the reasoning behind this meme?

>popularity == quality

top kej

It's like how some people find psychological thrillers or suspense driven horror movies boring but enjoy cheap slasher films

Baseball can be boring at times, but then shit explodes out of nowhere and changes the whole game. I love baseball. It is a team game but there's a lot of individual games within the game. Pitcher vs the batter, pitcher vs the runners on base, the cat and mouse between the catcher and runners on base. Each pitch is a mini game within an at bat and there's so many different situations that can happen with different combinations of players that shape the game

Honestly, people have been saying that baseball is"dying" the past two decades.

If its truly dying, this is the longest death scene in film history.

he looks like he wants to sell me cell phone accessories

it's slowed down, but thanks to cable deals and now internet streaming, it will pretty much never die. Also especially as long as you can buy a ticket for a couple bucks on any random day of the week

Why is this faggot in literally every single world series? Don't you burgers have other people to comment the games?

He works for Fox and Fox always has the World Series rights
It's like the baseball version of NBC and the Olympics
we have to suffer thanks to shit networks having exclusive rights

One of the dumbest posts I've seen

At least we don't have to listen to Bob Costas call the 'eries.

Too many Americans have the attention span of a goldfish so they need football where each play lasts 3 seconds and then it's a break.

but Costas is actually a decent baseball announcer

NBA is by far the worst. Repetitive, boring, too many super teams despite the fact Basketball is the team sport where a single player has the most impact in and it has by far the worst and least valuable postseason.

matt vasgersian should be the broadcaster. He's decent

baseball was boring long before whoever that faggot is came to being

six hour old post and I'm still going to call you a retard

>In basketball you actually run plays and team chemistry is a key element.

>Pass ball
>Pass it again
>Pass it again
>Pass it again
>Pass it again
>Again
>Again
>Again
>Again
>Shoot

Wow.

mehh ill play devils advocate and say i honestly enjoy his blow by blow calls. At first he was certainly rather bland and boring but for some reason he grew on me : /

I honestly, legitimately like Joe Buck. First off, I love his dry as fuck, almost British-level humor. Also I like that he basically just announces the game. He doesn't get extremely excited like that guy Gus Johnson who belongs on college games where that level of unprofessionalism is okay.

The guy is the number one announcer for one of the biggest networks for the biggest sports. He's supposed to be in the background and not make the game about him, and that's what he does. What's the big deal?

At least he isn't a complete sniveling retard who ruins the game like Phil Simms

>literally every other sport you are allowed to criticize for a multitude of reasons
>if you dare criticize baseball, then you get DURRR THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE HATE BASEBALL IS BECAUSE THEY ARE LOW ATTENTION SPAN AUTISTIC MILLENNIALS

kill this fucking sport and fanbase

>People only watch their regional teams when it comes to Baseball, which is why Baseball's regional ratings blow it's national ratings out of the water. This also explains why the World Series doesn't have much viewership. People don't watch it if their team isn't in it.

This makes plenty of sense, and it's exactly what I do with baseball. When my team (A's) are good, I watch a ton of their games. If they suck, I watch no baseball at all except I watch all the playoff games

There is LITERALLY NO REASON TO WATCH NATIONAL BASEBALL GAMES OR TEAMS THAT AREN'T YOURS when every game counts so little towards the regular season

mad as fuck

You know what is to blame for Americans finding baseball to be boring and not watching the World Series?

It's the fact that baseball is boring.

The funniest response I get when I say it's boring is how "you can have the game on on TV in the background and not have to pay much attention to it"

That's the selling point for their sport, that you don't have to pay full attention to it all the time lmfao

and we'll be back after these messages.

t. low attention span millenial

>boreball blames an announcer for their sport being boring and not watched
>a day after an announcer literally had a life celebration and parade just for announcing baseball games lmfao

Not even what I said though

any sport is boring to watch if you can't appreciate the competition involved

if you dont understand the battle between the pitcher and batter, if you dont understand whats going on in the mind of the pitcher, then of course there's no reason for you to watch the game

its honestly pretty weird that watching sports is as popular as it is in the first place, seeing as so few people seem to play or understand sports these days

the idea of somebody who never played a sport growing up to be watching that sport on tv is mindboggling to me

This.

I played soccer, baseball and football as a kid. Naturally, I enjoy watching those three sports but couldn't give less of a shit about basketball or hockey.