METS-PHILLIES GAME THREAD

Asher vs. Gilmartin

Thor ded edition

jesus christ

That was a sexy ass camera angle on SNY

>Tfw you're sick as the same time as syndergaard

Kill yourself Gilmartin.

Seriously, go in the clubhouse and hang yourself.

>first inning
>already 3-0
t-thanks

Wilmer's wrist is dead and he's probably done for the season

FUCK OFF

>cardinals won today
fug

>3-0 after 5 batters
>Montero warming up
FUCK

>Already 3-0
JUST

6-3 vs cubs at wrigley too

i would rather play giants unless they get to start madbum

they'll almost certainly work it out so madbum starts
plus assuming we can start thor, cardinals steal a lot fewer bases

>gilmartin
get him off the team

metsbros, are >we gonna win?

Mad Bum isn't that good

Did you not see him vs. Kershaw?

He threw like a man possessed, 10 ks one 1 hit threw 7 innings. Also he's a lefty

FUCK GILSHIT

HOW CAN YOU BE THIS BAD?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's gonna be one of those games I see

Why didn't Terry just have Montero start the game in the first place?

>it's an early bullpen episode

it feels like every day now

>gilmartin
how can anyone be this bad at pitching?

So, do we have to cheer for the Padres now?

I see they're playing...

Well, its nice to be tied for 2nd WC.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU METS HAHAAHAHAHAA

NOW YOU GUYS CAN STOP JERKING EACHOTHER OFF IN YOUR GAMETHREADS BECAUSE YOU FUCKING SUCK

YOU FUCKING SUCK

AWFUL

TRASH

TEAM

FUCK YOU ALL AND YOU'LL MISS THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR SO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING LOSERS

nig you have to realize how bad the phillies are. this is far from over.

are we gonna win this or what?

metsfag here

right now we've got a one game lead on both teams, so even if the giants win we'll all be tied again

i know ur a philliesfag m8, i remember u from last year's thraeds

PHILLIES ARE BTFO ING THE METS 5-0 IN THE FIRST INNING

THE FIRST FUCKING INNING

THE METS HAVEN'T EVEN GOT A CHANCE TO BAT AND THEY'VE LOST THE GAME

HOW CAN ONE TEAM BE SO SHIT?

>going to the bullpen in the 1st
>mfw even if the mets win the WC spot their entire pitching staff will be too tired to play well and will get BTFO by the Giants or some other scrub piece of shit team

NEW YORKERS DESERVE THE WORST PAIN

simmer down there, trash

no if the Giants win then the Mets and Giants will be tied for first and the Cards will be half a game down

huh? no i'm honestly a metsfag. only started supporting an MLB team this year. was just a neutral last year

>we
>not on the team at all
>that flag
>we

Reminder that the British gave up a 3-1 lead in the Revolutionary War

GO PHILS FUCK YOU

>tfw at the game as a Mets fan
God ducking damnit

this ">we" meme is insufferable, come on dude

>his team is getting BTFO before half of the fans got in their seat
>his team lost the game before they even got to bat
>calls other people (people who are fans of superior teams) trash

This is what i live for.

Embarrassing city and fans.

>autocorrect
brb killing self

shhh, fans of a real team are talking

how about you connect with actual humans instead of posting in a Nicaraguan Wood Carving Convention you autistic howling monkey

GO PHILS FUCK YOU

>people don't believe the mets will score more than five runs against the illies with the best lineup of the season

>mets
>real team
more like meme team

GO PHILLIES FUCK THE METS

Also how about your """"""players"""""" stop hitting those pop flies pussyboi

I do, i don't get it.

Pessissmists don't realize this Phillies team has no real pitchers at all, just unearned hype.

what's that? sorry, i couldn't hear you from the bottom of the division
maybe try talking to the braves fans?

>best lineup of the season
are all mets fans this deluded?

good luck with your bullpen lasting 8 more innings

When was your last championship?

>this Phillies team has no real pitchers at all
looks like someone doesn't know anything about teams other than his own

Mets fans think they have knowledge of baseball as a whole, but they tend to sorely overrate their own players and put down others'.

>being up 5 runs at the end of the first inning is a successful season for the philadelphia phillies
what a joke team

Phillies fan here.It was 2008.And I was alive for it too!

Could you imagine fans of a team counting championships even thought the last won that their team won was before they were even born or not old enough to remember?That would be so sad!

When did the mets win their last WS?I think the year began with a "19"

also HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH FUCKING METS ALLOWED A LEADOFF TRIPLE TO OPOOPUL HERRERA

Franco is gonna be the new Mets killer for years to come.

>Mets fans getting so defensive just because 2 fans arrived in the gamethreads they like to swallow eachothers semen in
wow mets fans sure are sensative pussies

also HAHAAHAHAHAH 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0 6-0

>being up 6-0 at the end of the second inning is a successful season for the philadelphia phillies
what a joke team

>mets fans right now
all smiles over here btw

>being up 6-0 in 2 innings is considered a successful season for the filthashittia filthies

The only thing you have on us is your booth.

it's easily the best lineup of the mets' season. show me a better one.
good luck with your rebuild with 0 prospects

also about 12 wins and the possibility of going to the playoffs lmao

but hey, enjoy your regular season championship, i'm not gonna take that away from you :)

keep crying meme team

How does it feel that the Mets will be in the same place as the Phillies 2 years from now but the Mets won't even be rebuilding, they'll just be old pieces of shit like every other new york team

and farm system
and fanbase
and lineup
and rotation
and bullpen

How does it feel being the 3rd most popular team in New York after the Yankees and Red Sox?

>hypothetical future scenarios coming true is a successful regular season for the philadelphia phillies
what a joke team

Free wins they said
Easy schedule they said

how does it feel being irrelevant even in philidelphia? mets are new york's team atm.

>0 prospects
Exposing the fact that you don't have baseball knowledge that easily?Let me guess, Mets fan since october last year?Phillies have one of the Best farm systems this year.Their minor league system had the best winning % of any MLB team this year.Future is brighter than ever.

>Utley

In the playoffs with the Dodgers

>Hamels

In the playoffs with the Rangers

>Phillies

90 years from making a postseason berth

>farm system

Oh yeah that campbell guy is pretty impressive with his .134 average

>fanbase

New yorkers are just a fleeting as any. They come around when the team is winning.

>rotation
>bullpen

Ya got me there, 8 straight winning seasons was rough on us, so we had to rebuild for a bit and now we're already challenging for the divisoin as of next season. You guys have 2 years at most in your 'window', then your guys will leave or possibly just retire from all the injuries they deal with being overworked by your manager.

>old pieces of shit like every other new york team
Around half of the world series have had teams based in New York at the time and around 1/3 of total world series have been won by teams based in New York at the time

>and farm system
lol Mets farm system isn't even ranked top ten.Where are you getting this from?
>and fanbase
lol no.Mets fans are fairweather as fuck and idolize their shittiest players such as all other NY fans
>and rotation
you might be right there, for now.The phillies best pitchers are very young and have a lot to learn and improve on.The Mets have veterans who only have a few serviceable years left.
>and lineup
yeah probably
>bullpen
probably but also still a lot of the bullpen is rookies for the phillies

>now we're already challenging for the divisoin as of next season
ahahahahahaha this delusion
you're the second worst team in the delusion, gl with that

Asher been pretty good so far since being called up. Really waiting on Phil Klein though, he's gonna be fucking nasty

kek delusion=division

reminder that mets WILL win this.. easily..

>using success from other NY teams to defend NYs worst team
Are mets fans cucks with no knowledge of their sport?

the answer is yes

You must be new to baseball friend. A Mets late season collapse is all but eminent. You should really google '2007 mets season' if you get a chance.

idk about that terry, if KJ had a better tag maybe

your top prospects are struggling, the ones that aren't are multiple years from the bigs, and for a team that has sucked since 2011, you'd expect better. and using winning % of any ***MiLB team justifies nothing. and mets fan since birth.
What does eric fucking campell have anything to do with farm system? he's a meme player in the org anyways. just proving philly stupidity

>New yorkers are just a fleeting as any. They come around when the team is winning.
Thats the yankees newfriend.
>2 year window
harvey is the earliest to go and is controlled for 4 more years. conforto has a bright future, rosario is #7 prospect, etc etc. please dont speak of which you know not.

>challenging for the division
how? are philly fans really this retarded and deluded? holy hell

also captcha gave me a storefront with schmidt on it.

>you're the second worst team in the delusion, gl with that
>Teams that are bad now have no chance of being good in the future
This thread has really shown me a lot about what Mets fans really are and how much they really know about other teams

>newtrip fairweather calling someone else new
o i am laffin

who are you talking to?Yourself?You fucking schizo freak piece of garbage.Kill yourself you freak

lol who cares

>>>>>as of next season
PLEASE learn to read my retarded friend

you really think a team is going to go from 90+ losses to 90+ wins in a competitive division(assuming they are a 90+ win team) in a year?

>newtrip

Newfriend. I used to make phillies threads back in 2013-2014. And i've been with this team since i got my first ryan howard rookie card in 2004.

How does it feel being the Walgreens bitches, faggots?

Yes maybe winning % of minors may not always matter but it's an indicator of progress at the developmental levels.Also if the winning% doesn't mean much to you than look at ranking of MLB farm systems.Phillies are top 10 while Mets are farm from any recognition.

you called all NY teams shitty which is objectively incorrect

If you want to go by the success of the mets then they have gotten 2 World Series since they were created, same as the Phillies but the Phillies were created around 80 years beforehand, back when an Emperor still ruled China.

I see Nats falling off. Marlins too, they're gonna sell Fernandez.

Barves will do better, Mets depends how many more pitchers need tommy john, and Philies will be over .500 next year and we'll see what that means for the div.

>Thats the yankees newfriend.
no it's mets too

you have only 2 years before you go from veteran players to old piece of shits who should retire.Then you'll start rebuilding and phillies fans can laugh at you.Karma is a bitch fuccboi

>and for a team that has sucked since 2011

Also what a retard, we were literally contending for the divison in 2013 until very late in the season, it's only been 3 seasons of sucking. Mets went like 5-6 years of losing seasons iirc.

>le swing for the fences and pop up team

it's happened before.Look at the '93 Phillies.Worst to First.Not saying the Phils will win the division or anything.But they could really compete next year if they want to.

>they have gotten 2 World Series since they were created
how many were you alive for, bud?

You see the nats falling off? as a mets fan i disagree. harper, turner, giolito, etc. they're memeing right now but i don't see them just falling off the face of the earth.
>Phillies over .500
what magically transforms the phillies? what makes them different from this season? honestly deluded.

Freddy Galvis has really improved this year.It's a shame he'll be replaced by J.P. Crawford by the AS break next season but I hope the Phillies can get a lot for him in a trade.

mets gonna win this or nah :-\

they're gonna get at least 8 more wins this year than last year m8.Whose to say they can't get 8 or more next season?

Velasquez is seriously special, glad Gary acknowelged him

Remember when the Royals owned the Mets in the World Series? Good times.

Velasquez, Nola and Eickhoff are going to be very exciting to watch progress if they can stay healthy

>Royals owned the Mets
No.The Royals RAPED the Mets.

Nah. The offense has been over-performing the last two games. I don't see it continuing for three.

Terry fucked up that series for them. I don't buy the idea that Royals were that much better of a team, besides the outfielding ofc

>mfw remembering when Ryan Howard was a hopeful prospect in Reading
>now we're talking about his last days as a phillie

i hope the mets honour him for donking 50 homers on their team over the course of 11 years

the mets roster's average age is 28.6. i find it hard to believe with them dumping some of the 30+ scrubs this offseason and young prospects coming in that they go from young new rebuilt org to yankees in 2 years. philly is so deluded and jealous.
ok, not sucking then. not making the postseason(not contending) since 2012, and tanking since 13'. still next to nothing to show for it besides struggling and 19 year olds.
they made a ton of trades and swaps. you think the phillies have anything to trade besides prospects?
why tho
remember when murphy familia and terry gave the royals the world series? but even better, remember when ryan howard didn't hit around the mendoza line? good times

the factor that really put the Royals over the Mets was the chip on their shoulder.They were 90 feet away from a title in 2014 and now had the chance to redeem themselves.They just wanted it more than the Mets did.Also teh Mets memed their way to that WS

Galvis, Herrera and Altherr could all be traded for good return

THE RAPE'INING CONTINUES

RUN IT UP

nah they had a legendary rotation. And you could say Murphy played like a fucking god among men, but look at how he's playing on the Nats now. Clearly no fluke.

>10-0
>mfw its only the 4th inning

HOLY SHIT FUCK THE METS HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THE RAPE IS REAL

mets fans show ur faces

i got some leftover cheesesteaks for ya

I THOUGHT RAPE WAS ILLEGAL IN THE STATE OF NEW YORK

I GUESS NOT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

mets fan not seeming to jerk eachother off that much in this thread.Why not?

would they do it though

This game will be henceforth known as the Rapening

possibly with Herrera and Altherr.

someone needs to make a picture for this so I can shitpost it all over /mlb/ for the next 2 years

>illy fans still talking shit when their team loses 90 games

It needs to be at least a 10+ run win but i know our bullpen is gonna fuck it up

Wew what placement

KEK

The Rapening

New York in RUINS

>WAAAH WHY ARE PEOPLE TALKING SHIT ABOUT MY TEAM EVEN THOUGH WE LOST BEFORE THE 1ST INNING WAS OVER WAAAAAAH MOMMY

grow a pair, pussy

>Odubel has a 3 hit game by the 5th inning

RAPENING CONTINUES

Someone make a fake movie poster of this game like that old Eagles poster for the Dallas game in 2013.

>I Will Fight Every Nigger Here
oh the days

beating Sale was more impressive but this feels better because FUCK NEW YORK

im not complaining just making an observation that philly phaggots get a hard on that they can beat a AA(montero was demoted to AA b4 callup) team when they're losing 90 games and the mets are making the postseason. whatever makes you losers happy. also, what does growing a pair have anything to do with this game? insecurity about how shit philly is?()

yes, new york is in ruins because a .400 team is beating them. too bad philly was already in ruins from mets winning the series. also 2(two) errors in the inning lul

What was that..

Are we, dare I say it, making a comeback?

the essence of the phillies

i'm really looking foward to that phillies bullpen senpai
2-0 with 1 out senpai yessiree

It's honestly possible, we have the worst bullpen fucking ever.

I'm done reading your walls of text fuccboi

3-0

it's happening. also im putting on a trip for this game so when it gets capped i can sa i told you so
that's that phillidelphia public education

>we

(You)

4-10 with 4 innings boi

Don't do this to me.

Its going to happen because of the chronic Shilly shitposting earlier

this isn't even your bullpen yet.
gg

Fucking umpball

how... now philly is resorting to "muh umpball"

try a nice cool cup of bleach

How was there any umpball in that

it didn't matter anyway, fuck off namefag

Graduate to tripfag or get lost

There was a pitch inside that could have been strike 2

it's just for the game and he didn't get on base so what does it matter

That pitch was clearly a ball

Are you saying you wanted umpball to happen in your favor?

I posted it before he got the hit you giga-retard

>14th hit
>it's only the fucking 6th inning

>paying $3000 for an apartment

paying money for an apartment in the best and most relevant city in america vs living in a shithole. ill pay the 3 grand
>85 losses
>it's only september

You are an idiot if you made this post unironically, just rent in the suburbs and commute so you deal with less cancer

that wasn't what he said though. plus commuting by bus is aids and trains run by the hour and are dirty

Do you not know how to drive my family

ump not calling anything even remotely outside

cars are expensive
ill give you that

finally we get a call

>Holding Duda with 2 outs

10-5

ceccini goat prospect

lol mest

Chip away, chip away

yep teuffel needs to go asap. screwed mets over a handful of times

10-6
comeback boiiisss
>mests
>laughing at us
>phillies fan

what the fuck am i watching

Are the lillies really gonna blow this

>the Phillies fan grows increasingly nervous

Less expensive than living in most parts of NYC

>all the metsfags come back

like pottery

i know...
i've been here the whole time but yeah i noticed

this ump is AWFUL

>blow this
If your moms name is "lillies". Yes.

>literally having 7 of the last 10 posts

We didn't leave you just stopped shitposting so the parity of posts has returned to normal

10-6 with 3 more innings against one of the worst bullpens in the league boys lets go #lgm

We deal with this every day, and yet everyone feels sympathy for the Giants and Tigers.

mets bullpen is shit besides reed and familia. i sympathize famalam

We just need one more long donger and that'll put the crowd to sleep

mest

MEST

DFA Travis already

holy fuck i could have thrown ellis out

>Getting BTFO by Ty Kelly of all players

i thought they took cespedes out of the game

i don't even know what we're doing. it's like we're trying to lose

Hahah how the fuck did lillies not score

How did you give up 16 hits to the worst offense in the NL?

those are the questions we ask ourselves at night

>dat horrible angle to the ball
>dat 10 mph rainbow throw

Filthydelphia sucks.

by starting a shit reliever and AA starter

Ty Kelly looks like a nervous little school boy.

ty kelly is a god

>all these sub-.240 averages

KEK

>sillies started a pitcher with a 6.70 ERA
>still shit on the mesticles

both these teams are shit desu

>farm system
nigga what? phillies have better pitching an hitting prospects than the mets

>.176
>every day starter

KEK

6 more outs then i can go to bed

on paper they do but their top prospects are struggling while the rest are lower tier and are 19 and 20. the mets have a #7 rated 19 year old shortstop in AA already. also i'm not so sure that giving up 4 runs over 5 innings is shitting on a team.
he's not you dumbass, they put up the white flag by taking out all their starters. he hasnt even gotten a hit since may before this series.

d'arnaud double again plz

>m-muh rosario
literally where jp was last year, and after him and dominic there is no one in the mest system that can even compare to williams, thompson or alfaro. you'd have to be mentally handicapped to actually believe the mets have the more promising farm system

this fucking at-bat

this is the game

:^)

Tyb zucchini

if that went over i would have fucking punched myself

Don't tell me they're gonna come back

Don't play with my heart

rosario is hitting .300+ with speed and 100+ runs. by the way, mets r gonna win lololo

Pitchers these days, as Keith is saying. Never in the fuckin zone.

i love how we're finally getting calls, based ump wants to go home early tonight

that's umpball

oh my lord that was close

neat catch

Will they do it?

NEVER
EVER

Wow Bruce actually did something.

>giving up a homer to Bruce

>Unironically giving up a dinger to Bruce in a Mets uniform

oh my

I WANT A BAT FLIP

its funny because he was a top 5 hitter in the NL until you ruined him

thanks for reminding us

I WANT TO BELIEVE

It's the curse of the uniform. Just look at what happened with Murph

Pls

omg

HABBEDING INTENSIFIES

Jesus stop playing with my emotions

I love how amused Keith is with all this

No.

He is so obviously in disbelief

poor guy is literally choking on the field as we speak.

Please give him more respect.

fug

>TDA up

Game blouses

:^)

"There can be no true despair without hope"

- Mr. Met

I'll riot if TDA is on this roster next year

>mest babsel

thanks nerds ahaha

So Washington clinches

that win doesn't even feel good