Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KwMDfKXUNFY
youtube.com/watch?v=zP_5QhKnt1k
youtube.com/watch?v=XDBB5rrJtf0
youtube.com/watch?v=BCnnNSAP8sU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i actually find slippy g really fucking funny

t. self-deprecating ethnic scouser

Should he have signed with Chelsea when he had the chance?

>>>>Could have gone down as the greatest English player of all time
>one CL and potentially 1 (one) league title

Compared to

>Scholes
>11 league titles
>2 CL

>Lampard
>3 league titles
>1 CL

And even with the trophies it wouldn't have mattered because none of them were as good as Gascoigne.

He's the greatest Liverpool player of all time. Who the fuck cares about England?

His loyalty, the thing that we admire the the most about him, is also unironically his biggest curse

He stuck it out with some pretty shite teams, which sold him quite short in terms of career accolades, even though individually he is up there with the best

If anything he is wildly underrated desu

>tfw he comes back on loan in January and makes up for it this time

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

Country is more important than club

WHEN I DIE LEAVE A 40 IN MY CASKET

>He's the greatest Liverpool player of all time
He wasnt even the best player on his squad like never.

>this does not fucking slip
>he fucking slips

You either have very short memories or started watching football in 2010

Gerrard from 2004-2009 was one of the very best players in the world. He was one of those rare players who could win big games single-handedly.

>Gerrard from 2004-2009 was one of the very best players in the world.
I love brittish humour lads

Even Zidane agrees m8. I think his opinion has more weight than some random spic on a chinese cartoons image board.

Some worried mancs and blues here lads

What a terrible opinion

He wasn't even thebest midfielder at Liverpool when he played let alone the best player in the squad

This desu la

Yeah, you're right mate; Danny Murphy, Vladimir Smicer and Dietmar Hamann really carried that midfield.

Just stop you fuckwit, you have literally no idea what you're talking about. Even when Liverpool had their god-tier midfield under Rafa, Alonso was still shit/injured for two and half of his five seasons.

inb4 you claim otherwise despite clearly knowing fuck all about Liverpool.

>Gerrard was better than Alonso

>he rates Scholes

Fuck off. Lampard is and will always be the English GOAT.

>Steven Gerrard isn't one of the greatest English players of all time

>the epitome of British football is literally a guy best described as "decent lad"

Howling.

oh he went down alright

>scouser
>96

>THIS DUZ NOT f0CKIN' SLIP LA
>It fucking slipped

>his loyalty
He wanted to leave, but some scouse mafia boss banged his wife and threatened him into staying.

why can't people just admit Rooney is the greatest, despite his decline?

youtube.com/watch?v=KwMDfKXUNFY

Everygame I watched I remember thinking "oh he did something world class again."

it's a team sport you absolute faggot, Anderson also has multiple premier league titles, would you rate him above Xabi Alonso?

fucking American tier retardation

>Lampard doesn't exist

>le pass it sideways to people that are better than actually make the goals man

meanwhile gerrard had to do all the work himself

Lampard played in the most stacked and plastic English team of the decade

Gerrard played with Djimi fucking Traore and Dirk Kuyt

You're probably one of the same cunts that don't rate Totti

I do rate Totti. Lampard is still without question better than Gerrard, Paddy.

Question: Could Lampard carry that shit Liverpool team to top 4 finishes consistently?

Answer: No...

Lampard alone was better than Gerrard x10. Gerrard was absolute wank and even my liverpool fan mates agree. Probably the most overhyped player in the last 20 years because of muh blooters and muh loyalty.

No because Lampard wasn't shit and forced to play for a shit side like Liverpool because of his lack of ability.

Ginger > Lamps > Slippy G

Lampard still banged in 15 league goals in a season with Mikel as his partner

>15 league goals in a season

He scored more than that a season

>australia

nice try faggot

Of course you get a post ending in 96

Chelsea was literally begging Liverpool to sell Gerrard though.

Gerrard did play average in a Rafa side that was amazing... Whereas lamps played brilliant when Chelsea stuttered and got the over the line.

Gerrard... Top 4 was non existent. He could not carry like Lampard.

Also everyone's talking about paddys passing ability. Lampard to Ramires 2012 CL semi final, that's the best example I can see from recent memory of his passing.

So lamps could defend, pass and score. Whereas paddy could only pass but his passing was of the highest quality.

>So lamps could defend

kek

He also played with Torres and Suarez and Kuyt.

youtube.com/watch?v=zP_5QhKnt1k

>golden generation of english footballers
how the fuck did this team not make a WC final is beyond me. but in all fairness that was when national teams were stacked to the ceiling

>tfw Gerrard is relaxing now in LA with his family, kids and bros after a successful career with Liverpool
>tfw he now has the time to mess around and play pranks on his teammates and style on a bunch of schoolkids

youtube.com/watch?v=XDBB5rrJtf0

youtube.com/watch?v=BCnnNSAP8sU

>how the fuck did this team not make a WC final is beyond me. but in all fairness that was when national teams were stacked to the ceiling
Because they weren't either a golden generation or good. They were just a bunch of overhyped memes.No english player with the exception of Rooney would have made it to any decent NT

>Spain has 1 good generation in thier history and suddenly pretends they've been eternally relevant in NT discussions

Even if he had won it, you morons would have ignored his 13 goals and 13 assists (playing as a defensive midfielder) and just said Suarez won the league, not Gerrard or Liverpool

You already dismiss that season as "b-but Suarez"

as if Suarez scored all 101 goals in 38 games

Xabi Alonso also won La Liga, and Bundesliga twice. As well as an additional CL when Madrid won the Decima.

He also won a World Cup with Spain and two Euros.

So yes, I would say he is better than Anderson.

>it's a underage kids think Lampard and Scholes are better than Stevie episode

God damn these ones suck

In their primes:

Gerrard>>>Lampard>>>Scholes

Overall carreers:

Lampard>=Gerrard>Scholes

t. objective lfc fan

Alan Shearer or Bendtner?

>carrer
are you stupid, high or A FUCKING LEAF?

Lmao

Shearer won the PL with Blackburn. Bendtner, in fact, never won the PL with Arsenal. Great players have a way of ending up on winning teams, for example by driving their teams to victory.

>le keep away and win 1-0 man thinking he's relevant

Lamo

>tfw £15m in 1996 got you a proven PL goal scorer, top PL goalscorer and the top Euros goalscorer
>tfw adjusted for inflation it's £26m
>tfw clubs now unironically pay £26m for players who've had half a good season in 7 years and will do nothing but warm the bench
>tfw a world record transfer will get you a meme player who's completely unproven, completely out of his depth, "French" and is le silly haircut man
>tfw football isn't totally shit now they said

It's been dead for an absolute minimum of 10 years. I can't wait until this false economy they've built completely collapses, I mean it's not like it's corrupt a total transfer outlay of more than £100m for a defender like Luiz who can't defend proves that surely.

Is he, dare I say it, a piece of shit?

1 is bigger than 0 though

Ashley Cole?

>being this retarded

"Steve Gerrard, Gerrard,
he's better than Frank Lampard,
he's scouse and he's fucking hard,
Steve Gerrard, Gerrard."

He could tho.... Go sit back in you're armchair and watch more MOTD highlights.

Yes. Prime Gerrard, Prime Lampard and Ballack would've destroyed

He could defend as well as you can spell.

>96
wheyyy

t. fellow scouser

Our NTs were trash before 2008.That doesn't make your """golden"""" generation any good

Maybe.I forgot about him

Gerrard and Lampard never worked. Everyone knows that

When playing for England. What has ever worked?

This...just look at their English squad when they played together. Tragedy

I don't understand why you find it so difficult to comprehend the fact that if teams make more revenue they can afford to spend more on players

Dirk Kuyt was a good player

>Xavi Alonso, Javier Mascherano, Luis Suarez, Fernando Torres didn't exist

>Lampard 105 more games 57 more goals
Trying to make a point quoting stats still BTFO himself. When will leafs learn

>le scouse mafia meme

Where was the scouse mafia when Owen, Mascherano, Torres, Alonso, Suarez, and Sterling left?

>He could not carry like Lampard.

Except in the 2005 Champions League or 2006 FA Cup.

Gerrard did fine that season, but he was not and has never been a defensive midfielder. When Liverpool played the midfield trio of Coutinho/Henderson/Gerrard (like against Arsenal at home), they essentially had no defensive midfielder.

Kane, Alli, and Dier don't work for England either, but they do just fine for Spurs.

Am I the only one who gets a tingly feeling In the testicles looking at lilly?

>adjusted for inflation £15m in 1996 is now £26m

That's adjusted for inflation relative to a developed economy. Football has gone through huge growth in the last 20 years.

In 1996 the Premier League TV rights cost around £170m a season. In 2016 it's nearly £2bn, or 11x more.

/thread

Gerrard at his absolute best was probably the most complete player I have ever seen. Could literally play every position on the field and perform well.

Obvious troll is obvious. Nobody is this retarded.

>Ballack, Lampard, Gerrard
Fucking hell on earth, good fucking luck against that. Although, I'd argue that Ballack was just past his peak at Chelsea.

Ian Rush is the greatest Liverpool player of all time. Realistically, Slippen is not even in Top 15.

One of those is not like the others

Why do these two always bring out the autism in PL fans?

Gerrard and other English players like Rooney should have moved to Europe, either Italy or Spain for a few seasons to really improve their game. Macmanaman did, Waddle and Platt and Gascoigne and Bale has and they really improved.
Gerrard should have come to Europe and he would have been much better, but he prefers to stay at Liverpool which is admirable but limited.

>dat flag
They have internet in Nepal?

proxy

Steven Gerrard, Gerrard
He slipped on his fucking arse
He gave it to Demba Ba
Steven Gerrard, Gerrard

Yeah when he played with them people recognised him as the 3rd best player on the planet you dumb cunt