Alright...

alright, as a european ive always been a die hard supporter of my football club (soccer as americans call it) and ill always will be. that said, about a year and a half ago something popped up on my facebook (a friend liking some post so it shows up on my feed) about an american football game somewhere near me. at this point i didnt even knew we had teams in my country (belgium) it was a sunday morning, we had nothing else to do so i asked some friends if they were down to go watching. they agreed and we went watching. I WAS FUCKING SOLD INSTANTLY! the game intrigued me so much. i now watch almost every NFL game and i wish i lived in the states so i could go watch games. dont get it twisted, i still love (our) football but i am fucking hooked on american football. i think it should get bigger here in europe to. any other europeans here who love american football?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-37453762?SThisFB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

Yeah I like it.

However, who do you support? Please don't say who I think you're going to say...

Anderlecht man, only team in belgium :)

Can't stand soccer anymore, if you aren't emotionally attached to either team is the most boring crap ever, 22 manlets in short shorts passing the ball sideways and flopping at the slightest contact for 80 minutes a game, fuck that shit.

Ameriburger football is fast paced, something is happening all the time, lotsa opportunities to turn the tides even with a few seconds left on the clock, the atmosphere is amazing (less games per season turns them into events), the tradition mind blowing (no UAE royalties or drunk Russian tycoons buying the league overnight), you can appreciate the action even if you don't know shit about the game but there's also tons of layers of meta to delve into and no relegation/draft system evens out the playing field, unlike in yuropoor soccer where the same 3-4 teams win 98% of the time cause they're allowed to spend 50x as much as the competition and attract all the talents into ultra stacked teams.

your team is a bunch of cheats.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-37453762?SThisFB

>fast paced
>11 minutes of playtime

Also, commercials are kinda funny and you can get up/socialize during the breaks unlike with soccer where you've got to go full autism for 90+ mins or else you might miss the 45 seconds of relevant plays you get per game on average.

Google, skipe.

It's a show and there's much more to it than the 11 mins of actual ball movement, whereas soccer is watching other ppl having fun

Also, subtract from soccer the time tha ball is going sideways or backwards abd let's see how much playtime you end up with.

My level of progression of my favorite sport
baseball-->soccer(football)-->football-->ice hockey

i love american football, i have seen 90% of the Raiders' games since 2008

used to like NFL a couple of years ago
watched it every sunday from 2007-2011 but i just lost interest
its hard to keep interest in something that happens on the other side of the world

You kidding me, really are you fucking kidding me!? Name one team were there havent been scandals or rumors... plus ancient history man...

Well thats sums it up. 100 procent true but the thing is ive been a loyal supporter all these years it has come a habbit and more of a social thing. Still love football (soccer) but its not the primary reason i still go watch it.

I've watched the super bowl a few times and I enjoyed it
but tried watching a regular game (patriots-dolphins) last week and I was bored out of my god damn mind.
I think I'll try again this week though.
any suggestions as to which team I should watch?

>Not watching rugby.

What's wrong with you OP?

This is some kind of weird propaganda advertising thread.

I'm not falling for it.

Gotten into nfl a couple of years ago and never regretted it. Same as you I still watch soccer but I find that I'm enjoying it less and less. Still love my favorite team tho.

Patriots

APOLOGISE AHMED

BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Dolphins are always boring af no matter who they play. Watch the Cardinals senpai :3 >we are a meme team that might go far or might get half the team injured and fail miserably. Entertaining either way.

Unless you have a favorite team a lot of games are fucking boring as shit, usually the game of the week is the best game or sunday night football, they try to handpick the best matchups intentionally. I think this week is Eagles-Steelers. A random one tomorrow is going to be Browns-Dolphins, and it's probably going to be terrible. Also, playoff football is always a step above regular season football. DO NOT watch SNF tomorrow though because cowboys-bears is a shitty matchup, they're just big market teams, neither are good.

Wel ik volg persoonlijk de cowboys (spelen vanacht geloof ik) altijd actie. Alhoewel ik het niet zo heb op de patriots spelen ze goed en volg ik hun matchen ook omdat het gewoon een schitterend team is om naar te kijken. Broncos ook altijd goed.

I like watching cowboys tough. From what i understand they are team everybody loves to hate? I like that tough.

I've tried it but it's so fucking slow and it's constantly abrupted by a studio with some boring people desperately trying to find some things to discuss while the americans have commercials

You poor soul

thanks for the suggestions
unfortunately sunday night in america is like 3 am here
I'll try watching the cardinals tonight

Hey, things are looking up now though

Carr, Mack, Cooper all amazing talent

Management actually signing good players for positions 'we' need in Crabtree, Osemele, Hudson, Irvin

I'm enjoying watching them

I like the sport and tactics involved.
Not so much there's so little playtime compared to stoppages rest periods ads.

Watch the eagles, we're going to win the Owl.

Literally our year la

2bh I only noticed it after I read people memjng about it on here, most of us just naturally tune commericals out and ignore them to the point of not processing that they are there unless we have some compelling reason to pay attention to one specific commercial.

I'm a 5th year Lions fan now, got Gamepass and barely watch soccer anymore.

There is a very big hurdle to get into the game, and pretty much by the end of the first season I kinda understood the positions etc. Once you get to Xs and Os, there's just so much depth to this game. Love it.

Question, met zo een pas, kan je de wedstrijden later bekijken of moet het live zijn en kan je alle teams volgen of maar 1 team?

What made me understand the game was playing Madden.

Same here

same, madden 06

Je kunt alles live zien, achteraf terugkijken, elk team, voorseizoen, seizoen, playoffs en superbowl. In plaats van de hele wedstrijd van 3 uur kun je ook condensed kijken, dat je alleen de echte actie ziet à 40-45 minuten.

Geen console =(

fuck, ik zou dat beter ook doen dan! volgend jaar dan want nu niet de moeite om nog de volle pot te betalen denk ik. ik heb wel geen visa of paypal... hmm

Just go to /r/nflstreams and pick a Redzone stream

Ik vind het zelf echt wel wat toevoegen. De wedstrijden op primetime beginnen toch pas na middernacht en dan kan ik maandag als ik thuiskom in 45 minuten de beste wedstrijden kijken.

Oh ja, je hebt ook redzone en een aantal andere NFLprogramma's (zoals Hard Knocks, maar dat komt er wel pas een paar dagen vertraagd op)

Lions spelen vaak toch 7 uur zondagavond.

What league do Euros watch

Ik kan de meeste westrijden zien via kabel maar het kost me teveel. Je kan die kanalen enkel krijgen in een sport combi pakket en dat kost 40 per maand.... ik koop me zo een game pass, klinkt voordeliger en praktisher. Thx man

Dat is ook gewoon 360 euro ongeveer.

For soccer, mostly our respective country's leagues + some occasional Bundesliga, La Liga and EPL. Also Champions' League

For the rest, I know some watch F1, some watch rugby union and rugby league (mostly in UK, Ireland, France and Italy). For basketball, baseball and ice hockey >we watch the NBA, MLB and NHL.

Nee hoor 180 dollar stond er op nfl.com

>tfw I have a local amateur team
>flirted with the idea of trying out for them last year
>tryouts happening next month
>too aspie to convince myself to go even though I'm 6'3 and work out

Weet niet precies of je het over Gamepass hebt, maar dat was 180 €

This was the most elaborate way to completely answer everything but my question

I meant what American football league

for me, I just watch the BBC highlights show until it gets to the playoffs and then the games are at least tense even if they're not great, and there's great Cred Forums banter throughout.

NFL, I thought that was pretty obvious

Just do it.
All of it.

>getting into NFL now
>5 years down the road it'll be abandoned in America for being too dangerous

>Paying to watch what can be seen for free with a quick google search

Ja 180 euro maar over welke 360euro heb jij het dan?

Was ik niet, was

Okaaaay fout eventjes

I did to, i actually got accepted but my father passed away and my mind wasnt in it. Ill retry soon since im in the shape of my life for the moment. You should just do it

Rugby is the most boring shit ever, even more than calcio

The ball goes sideways, the ball goes sideways , the ball goes sideways, the ball carrier gets tackled, sometimes the players form two groups, hug eachothers and smash together, sometimes someone get's trown in the air, sometimes somebody tries to kick the ball thru the goalposts

Anfd that's just Union, League is even more ridiculous

I tried it briefly
>too many breaks in play so game lasts forever and is mostly posturing
>too many subs
>players rewarded for being fat
>helmets mean you can't recognise any players unless you know their number and have a good HD stream
>padding and lycra are a bit gay
>ridiculous number of rules so when a ref calls something you have zero idea what the infringement was
>has depth tactically but a beginner has no idea what is going on
>essentially a long series of set pieces
>boringly attritional
>everyone involved is american i.e. cheesy as fuck

rugby sevens might be a meme but it was the most fun thing to watch in the olympics

> you can get up/socialize during the breaks unlike with soccer where you've got to go full autism for 90+ mins

> pre match drinks
> half time smoke and chat
> post match drinks

I don't see what the problem is.

Amerifatball has pre and post match and half time as well

Have fun watching a dying sport I guess

I just watch NFL for the commercials 2bh. The sport itself is boring as fuck, but American commercials are pretty interesting.

You're lucky you can watch all the first set of NFL games at a reasonable time of day. A lot of soccer games happen way too early for me to wake up and watch. Like Roma playing at 5:30 AM for me today. I do like the fact that Serie A will start games at like 9 PM local time. Pretty based.

Divegrass and handegg are the two greatest sports on the planet, they're all I need.

How do you watch? Livestreams?

>dive grass and hand egg the two greatest sports

Sorry user after watching ice hockey I have to say that it's superior to dive grass, I still watch all three though