>Bitterness
>Statwhoring
>Corporate
>"Female" fans are either shemales or middle aged moms
>"""""Love""""""" wins
>Players do it for the money

Why do you resist the better sport Cred Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/sciencebiz/2011/02/15/get-football-out-of-our-universities/#6dff81027c64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

could Alabama beat the Cleveland Browns on a neutral field?

>amateur sports

The college game has an element of complete unpredictability where miracles, or near miracles happen every year. It's very fun......pretty much every major school gets a signature moment where the nation is paying attention to them and they deliver.....at least once every 20 years.

I didn't go to a college with a good football program

No

>there's no "bandwagoning" in college football

NDSU could beat the Browns in Cleveland

and also Alabama

op you're from a flyover state

There are thousands of Americans each year who decide to go 5 figures into debt to attend a school with a good football team.

college football fucking sucks, the NFL is much better

college basketball on the other hand...

>Younger athletes with slim frames
>Inferior defenses
>Meme offenses and meme QBs
>They do it for free
It's fine to like college football if your city and state are too backwater and irrelevant to have a pro team, though.

120 teams.

Teams are "ranked" by a POLL.

Season ends in meaningless exhibition corporate bowl games.

Wins and CHAMPIONSHIPS can be vacated.

90% of games have absolutely no championship implications and only determine which team will play in which random meaningless corporate bowl exhibition game at end of season.

Every team does not have equal chance at beginning of season.

Team can go undefeated but not win or even have a shot at championship.

There can be TWO (lol) national champions. (eg: 2003)

Horrible school band music. Inferior TV graphics, commentators, music and overall presentation.

Horrible OT system, played like backyard football.

Only 3% of players will go pro and the majority of them won't be good.

Bad players can dominate. (eg: JaMarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf, Vernon Gholston)

Coaches treated like Gods and allow children to be raped, dindusr/meatheads to get unearned degrees

LOL

seriously this
in the northeastern states where no one gives a fuck about college football we instead mostly attend comfy div 3 schools.

>rooting for a college he didn't get a degree from

The atmosphere and random end of game spaghetti moments are the only good parts about college ball. The actual on field play sucks dick and usually comes down to who has the biggest niggers or random super nig. Not to mention how most games are a powerhouse school beating up some cupcake. It's shit

> enjoying a watered-down, inferior game

this

>rooting for a college he didn't get a degree from
This
>usually comes down to who has the biggest niggers or random super nig
This
>a powerhouse school beating up some cupcake
This
>I didn't go to a college with a good football program
And this

>only needing one foot in for a """""catch""""

>read option dindu QBs and Tim Tebow able to ball

>xD soOOO random Omg UPSET!!!! every other game, to the point it's not even "random" or "surprising" anymore

college basketball still sucks, dont be delusional

>People actually pull for one generic franchise over another generic franchise
Why?

>Coaches treated like Gods and allow children to be raped, dindusr/meatheads to get unearned degrees

this. fuck college football desu. schools are for learning

>unearned degrees
How? They took the classes, how is it unearned?

They put in the effort and stepped their game up to get a free ride through college, how is it unearned?

false. there are just LOADS more college games so they happen more frequently

yeah but the nba is worse with respect to college basketball than the nfl is with respect to college football

who cares, a random NBA game is still miles better than a random college basketball game

>amateur sports

because their hands are held and they are spoon fed their way through the easiest courses to get their degrees

don't kid yourself into thinking college athletes are treated the same as regular students in the class room, the sports programs bring in a fuck ton of money for the universities so their coaches can basically strongarm any teacher into doing what they want

>college
>parity

really lol?

Because I live in Ohio and OSU is for douchebags

Not gonna root for a college I didn't go to

I don't mind College Football as a thing, like pop music it's easily avoidable even if it's obnoxious 90% of the time. Most of that is opinion, but parity is wrong.

What is undisputed is that College Football is one of the largest drains on society.

forbes.com/sites/sciencebiz/2011/02/15/get-football-out-of-our-universities/#6dff81027c64

If you really believe that college football fans are so "passionate" and "loyal", then why not privatize it away from a university system?

Reasons why I don't care about college sports:

>talent is diluted into 120+ teams so you get a lot of shit players
>too many bowl games, trying to make false champions
>teams in weak power conferences are gifted playoff berths
>pep bands are fucking annoying
>great plays are more luck based than skill based
>better schools can horde talent

College is so badly played, famalam. I can't even watch it.

No.

And you can watch the boring ass vanilla the NFL has?

College players are noticeably worse at the sport.

>too many bowl games, trying to make false champions
You miss the point of bowl games

But much more interesting than the one offense they run in the NFL

How the fuck is the NFL vanilla? You never see defensive schemes like what Zim was throwing at camp or pure mind fuckery like what Belichick did to Houston. Nfl is way above college in terms of how the game is played

There's way more variety in college

waht the fuck is the point of bowl games?

should a team be happy because they won the Walmart Bowl?

They're just games
Some shitty programs might be happy but it's just a celebration of the season and a spectacle during a boring part of the year
Kinda like the pro bowl
And like the pro bowl you don't have to watch the ones you don't care about

College handegg should work with promotion and relegation system

Between "variety" and execution, I'd pick execution every day.

NDSU should be in a big conference doing big things

There are more gimmicks in college that usually get btfo when they run into decent coaching or more often superior talent. It's an ocean wide but a puddle deep which is fine if you're a casual football fan I guess

>Passion
No.
>Tradition
Irrelevant compared to profiteering off of idiots who can't pass college without getting Auto Cs/Auto As.
>Loyalty
Literally filled with players who are there for a free education who want to stepping stone to the NFL
>Qts
You can fuck cuties when you're rich, too.
>Bangin parties
See above
>Happiness
Not being paid, so you're basically poor as fuck even though your college is being paid for. Here's hoping mommy is shelling out for you.
>Parity
What
>Players play for love of the sport
Literally to stepping stone to the NFL/to get free college. No one plays College Sports for the love of it.

>Horrible school band music.
>Horrible OT system, played like backyard football
other points have varying degrees of truth but these are objectively wrong

It wouldn't even be close. I don't think you understand the true skill gap between college and pro.

I think the better question would be if the 2017 senior bowl roster could compete with the 2008 lions.

I'd still say absolutely no way the lions lose but it's up for debate.

Both aren't true.

>Passion
If you mean from the fans, yes. Not the players.
>Tradition
Undeniable.
>Loyalty
From the fans? Yes. Players change colleges if they don't get the jersey number they want.
>Qts
True.
>Bangin' Parties
More like retard parties
>Happiness
You can be happy with anything
>Parity
NFL is pretty balanced
>Player's play for the love of the sport
Literally to stepping stone to the NFL/to get free college. No one plays College Sports for the love of it.

I know it's a troll but parity is one reason that I don't watch NCAA. There is none.

Northwest Missouri State should, too

Then you don't watch the Pac 12

Checkit

fuck off marching bands are cancer and any OT that isn't just extra time is retarded

Yes.

the only thing amateur basketball has over the NBA is their much shorter schedule making each game much more meaningful

How's your college doing right now?
>marist
Currently 0-3 in a pushover conference but our rowing team is probably going to take another championship

>College
>parity
pick one
other than that you're completely right

>go to sec school
>all the qts have boyfriends or are in sorority block sections

how do i get a football watching qt

Its so you can give fans someplace to go in the south to take a vacation. Literally an event to drive tourism.

Fucking idiot kids that cant afford to go would think theyre meaningless. Yeah its meaningless for the team, but like i said, thats not the point.

Look at where the granddaddy bowls are held. California, florida, georgia, louisiana, texas... all warmer in january than fucking ohio and michigan.

The main problem with college football is the quality of play is way too low.

I'm trying to get into NFL, found the streams on leddit with high quality and the ads I'm kinda used to now, gives time to shitpost

should I keep watching NFL to try and find a team I like and follow them or just watch college?

Always loved the american highschool and college football movies

Just stick to Superb Owl and one or 2 playoff games.

It's a fucking overrated sport but it has it's moments.

alright
I watched eagles yesterday and liked it, too bad the games either start late or end too late
is there any way to watch just the highlights of the matches?

Seems like a sport thats more fun to play than watch desu
would join my local team if I didnt already lift and box

Can you root for a college if your parents are both Alum? What if you went to a better school but it doesn't have a D1 football program and so naturally you root for your parents Alma mater in cfb

College football is entertaining but fuck retards like OP that use the same tired arguments.

They are amateurs. People like it so much because defenses are trash so high scoring games happen.

Not to mention everything that's been mentioned in the thread.

Also it literally is the same schools just recruiting giga niggas to get championships. See why Army and Navy are so bad. They can't recruit retarded cadets that are good at foot all but wouldn't be able to pass the normal curriculum without help. Fuck these schools letting in idiots just because they play ball well

>Horrible school band music
please kill yourself. Even the worst college bands make the atmosphere 100x better than any NFL game

that's a damn lie

>parity
>LOLBAMA WINS

NFL literally just pumps the same generic pop/rap music year in and year out. Bands change the music, apart from fight songs, from year to year, and often game to game. Theres no chants or things likethat at NFL games, You hear them all the time at cfb games. The atmosphere at NFL games is completely plastic and the fans are ridiculous. Fights happen at NFL games all the time. I've been to a ton of cfb games and never seen anything more than name calling and maybe a thrown soda bottle or two.

Superbowl in two matches (home and away) with aggregate scoring and away point rule

>Team A blows out team B
>Team A gets blown out but not by quite as much
>Team A is crowned champion in the final game of the season
>American sports audiences ever accepting this

I like and watch college football but it is indisputably inferior on the field to the NFL. 90% of college teams have joke defenses. Sometimes it doesn't even feel like football. Pac12 and Big XII especially. There's also far less parity in CFB. In the NFL any team can win any week.
That said, the atmosphere and presentation of college is way better. NFL tv coverage sucks ass, it feels corporate and cold. And the feel of a big regular season game in college far surpasses that of regular season NFL games.

>something has to be good for me to watch it