Memphis (3-0) @ (16) Ole Miss
(3) Louisville @ (5) Clemson

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tEIx_kzQArU
espn.com/ncf/conferences/statistics/team/_/stat/total/year/2016/id/151
tiptop25.com/howtorate_record.html
youtube.com/watch?v=C_TfBbR6L0M
underdogdynasty.com/conference-usa/2016/9/25/13048956/three-things-we-learned-week-four-of-conference-usa-football-mtsu-la-tech-brent-utep-unt-rice-utsa
youtube.com/watch?v=OVRh4QpXDko
discord.gg/ZnGjYAu
espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/09/college-football-no-3-louisville-no-5-clemson-highlights-three-top-10-throwdowns-espnabcs-historic-week-5-schedule/
youtube.com/watch?v=uq-v1TTUyhM
nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-map.html#9,38.988,-84.394
sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/09/27/osus-boone-pickens-suggests-time-ou-president-david-boren-retire
sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/2/5571774/texas-texas-a-m-non-rivalry-timeline
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

agree full-heartedly about Memphis at Ole Miss, that will be a bloodbath

Should Wisconsin and Auburn form a broship? >we are responsible for ending Les Miles' career.

Publix needs to sponsor a bowl game

That Outback Bowl was pretty fucking good desu

Fat kicker wanted his coconut shrimp.

Not sure what you're >implying, but while Ole Miss did indeed come close to knocking off Bama, they also got their shit slapped by pass-happy FSU.

Proceed with caution.

The ooga booga gets you every time.

But such is life. I'm a Southern Miss fan. Hearing the refrain of "But you don't play anybody, of course you win." from Ole Miss or State fans whose teams are losing year in year out to the same 4-5 teams in their conference is as predictable as the sun rising.

Maybe true, but those fucktards got a rude awakening from A&M and Mizzou left for the SEC. The TCU and WVU additions were meant to stabilize the conference and keep it from bleeding out. Now that the dust from those realignments has settled, the Big 12 can afford to take its time and really go over resumes from schools who want in. If they just rushed and made bad choices, then the SEC would win.

>if they rushed and made bad choices

Then explain WVU

I root for Houston so I actually want Memphis to get some hype surrounding them...that way the Memphis / Houston game is as crazy as last year's

youtube.com/watch?v=tEIx_kzQArU

Ole Miss's secondary has looked a lot better since the FSU game. Moving Derrick Jones to CB really helped. The issue in the FSU game was that they had a walk-on with a lack of experience suddenly playing in place of their best CB. He got beat to hell and back. That, and like all of the secondary is either true freshmen or sophomores. Except Conner and Bridges, but Bridges sucks and Conner had multiple surgeries on his leg.

Did you not read the post? They and TCU were the adrenaline shot to keep the conference from bleeding out. The Big 12 would not have survived at 8 members. Now that they've survived a few years at 10 with TCU and WVU, they can take their time and get better choices for the move to 12.

Also, at worst they picked up the whole state of West Virginia, plus some minor media coverage in B1G and ACC territory. So I don't get your point.

As an Ole Miss fan, I think you guys deserve more respect. State, however, needs to start planning who they want to replace Dan Mullen with. They look AWFUL without Dak, and the worst offense in the FBS just dropped 35 points on them.

What is G5/G6? What does the "G" stand for?

>the conferrence would not have survive with 8

Well, yes. With less than ten the NCAA will not certify your conference and you're forced to disband. So they rushed and took TCU (a very good team which hurt their recruiting base), and WVU (a meme team, good for about three seasons).

The Big 12 could still save itself by making good choices from here on out.

The Big 12 has proven itself not smart enough to do so.

By the way, 3-0 WVU is currently ranked behind North Dakota State.

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Washington
4. Houston

Its the group of the shitty conferences. shitting up D1 football. Basically the Group of Shit

I'm still convinced Oklahoma is purposely trying to tank the conference so they have an easy out to leave for the SEC without having to pay fees.

Gangster.

>he thinks UW can beat Stanford

You got sand, kid, I like you.

I mean, you're completely ass-backwards wrong, but you got sand, dammit.

Jesus. Either Houston had no defense in that game or Memphis suddenly learned how to play football. They were not that good in C-USA.

Most of the smack talk comes from State fans anyway. They have little brother syndrome already so they pick on us to feel superior. They're coming apart at the seams without their dream QB and they'll slip into obscurity in the SEC for5 years or so. So how about an invite to the Egg Bowl in the meantime? :^)

You don't seem to be understand. WVU was a clutch decision. Like eating potentially poisonous berries when you're starving to death. Sure it's a gamble, but otherwise you'd starve to death. Not that the Big 12 is isn't on life support, they can make a better choice on expansion.

This is from my favorite crazy rival fan site I read whenever their team looks like shit.

Ranking SEC West coach hot seats:

1. Saban - King of the mountain - 0% chance of getting fired

2. Mullen - MSU, Arkansas, & Ole Miss don't demand what others demand. If Mullen win more than 4 games, he's safe. Just my opinion - 30% chance

3. Bert - Similar situation as Mullen, but hasn't had Mullen's success in the SEC. If Mullen has a 30% chance of getting fired, Bert has a 35% chance

4. Sumlin - Is saving his job right now, but we've seen this before. Sumlin is getting blown out by Alabama, Ole Miss, & losing to MSU, LSU, etc from his seat being red hot - 40% chance

5. Malzahn - Similar situation as Sumlin. Big win last night, be he ain't out of the woods. 55% chance

6. Freeze - Would be 7th, but since his show cause isn't as automatic as Orgeron not getting the SEC job, we'll put him at 6th. He gone though - 95% chance

7. Orgeron - Automatically getting fired. 100% chance

I feel like this man might be insane.

I could believe that, but Texas would have to be in on it. I don't think Stoops is that smart. And Texas wants the Big 12 to survive, even if they don't always show it.

>7. Orgeron - Automatically getting fired. 100% chance

Poor bastard hasn't even had 1 game yet.

I'd really rather see OM play Southern in the Egg Bowl this year. You guys would actually put up a fight. Ah well, I'll have to settle for watching us drop 60 on them before the end of third. Not looking forward to the dumbass State fans trying to come into our student section with cowbells though

I don't think they'd have to be in on it. Oklahoma would just serve their own interests and Texas would inevitably make dumb moves because of it, making it easier for OU to crash the conference with no survivors and UT not having a clue until it was already all over.

>shitting up D1 football

Then where would you get your free non-conference wins, user?

I do understand. WVU was like their fifth choice after being repeatedly turned down.

It's like avoiding potentially poisonous berries by eating the maggot-infested turd on the ground next to them.

There is literally nothing wrong with what he said. Every coach in the SEC not named Saban is perpetually on the hot seat. Ever since ~le seven in a row~ every SEC team believes that it needs to be a national power now and anything less than the CFB playoff is a disaster. The problem is everyone shares the conference with Alabama, which just so happens to be the best team in the country by a massive margin. No one is beating Bama. Bama will continue to win the SEC and humiliate it's opponents. And because of this SEC coaches will always be on the brink of being canned.

After this season, Orgeron will be gone. Gus will be gone. Sumlin will be gone. Freeze might be gone. It's nature's way.

If USM got invited to the Egg Bowl, any year, all of Mississippi would shit bricks and the fucking IHL and state government would get involved to somehow block it. I truly believe this. We'd put Texas/Big 12 politics to shame.

That being said, I would LOVE to see that game happen.

Ole Miss isn't firing Freeze unless Briles levels of stupidity show up. They know they were absolute shit before him, and he's doing a solid job keeping them relevant, albeit inconsistent.

26 undefeated teams left

Thursday, September 29
Connecticut at #6 Houston 8:00 PM ESPN
Friday, September 30
#7 Stanford at #10 Washington 9:00 PM ESPN
Toledo at BYU 10:15 PM ESPN2
Saturday, October 1
#13 Baylor at Iowa State 12:00 PM FS1
Rutgers at #2 Ohio State 12:00 PM
#14 Miami at Georgia Tech 12:00 PM ESPN2
Navy at Air Force 3:30 PM CBSSN
#11 Tennessee at #25 Georgia 3:30 PM CBS
Wake Forest at NC State 3:30 PM ACCN
Purdue at Maryland 3:30 PM
#8 Wisconsin at #4 Michigan 3:30 PM ABC
Illinois at #15 Nebraska 3:30 PM ESPN2
Minnesota at Penn State 3:30 PM
Kansas State at West Virginia 3:30 PM ESPNU
#9 Texas A&M at South Carolina 4:00 PM SECN
#18 Utah at California 6:00 PM PAC12
Memphis at #16 Ole Miss 7:00 PM
Kentucky at #1 Alabama 7:00 PM ESPN
Western Michigan at Central Michigan 7:00 PM CBSSN
#19 San Diego State at South Alabama 8:00 PM ESPNN
#3 Louisville at #5 Clemson 8:00 PM ABC
Arizona State at USC 8:30 PM FOX
Utah State at #24 Boise State 10:15 PM ESPN2

REMOVE COWBELL

Pretty much this
Ole Miss finishes 9-3 and Freeze gets better next season. He's young, Saban's old. When Saban retires, Freeze will be the next power coach in the SEC.

The recruiting violations are eventually going to catch up with him. The university will have to either sacrifice him or face the death penalty.

>death penalty
Now there's a meme. This will never happen again and you know it.

Before agreeing or disagreeing, I'm going to see if the reinvigorated investigation actually led to something. I'm sure something's going on, but if the NCAA can't prove it, nothing will come of it. The current NoA isn't nearly as damning as people seem to think it should be. Freeze's most egregious offense was having a coach misunderstand that a Christian athletics volunteer who was an alum couldn't help give rides to a couple of extremely poor recruits, despite being someone who has openly said that he has previously helped other kids get to visits with other SEC schools without a problem.

There's no pay to play allegations or anything actually damning under Freeze. Nutt's fuckups will hurt, but will be minimized due to the school cleaning house and self-reporting everything upon discovery.

Fixed that for you, chum.

Also Freeze is never getting closer to Bama than those five points.

You're talking out of your ass and your Big 12 bias is showing. Either provide legitimate sources to substantiate that fifth choice comment or shut the fuck up. Bleacher Report and gossip rags don't count.

>someone got triggered

>Also Freeze is never getting closer to Bama than those five points.

>Literally beat them two years in a row and was a bad ref call away from being able to tie the game at 48 instead of trying to go for 2

>prove to me WVU wasn't the first choice

Dude. "They're WVU" isn't good enough for you?

They're a meme team, not in the conference footprint, Air Force AND Louisville turned them down. I shouldn't have to google shit for you.

I'm sorry, how many National Championships does Ole Miss have, again?

>Dude. "They're WVU" isn't good enough for you?
No, it's not.

>They're a meme team,
You have no argument and no facts to back up your outrageous claims so you resort to calling them a meme team.

But... they are a meme team.

They were a shitty nothing team, finishing behind Miami, Boston College and VTech in the Big East every year, then those teams left and suddenly "oh, you're the best of the shit that's left" made them seem prestigious when they are very clearly not.

Damn glad the BIg 12 locked down that precious MORGANTOWN MEDIA MARKET tho, they're set for life, good job.

No facts? No sources? We're done talking.

apex kek

>he wants me to post the Big East standings from 1995-2006

I'm not going to do that, but if your internet is broken I could lend you twenty bucks to get it going. Judging by your lack of education or reading comprehension, you seem like you reside in a poor area.

This guy seems mad.

>arguing in support of a team that's currently 3-0 but still ranked behind an FCS team

This guy doesn't know anything. WVU is garbage.

Let's dispense with this fantasy that the Big 12 doesn't know what it's doing. It knows exactly what it's doing, it gave itself the shot in the arm it needed!

>shot in the arm
>misses playoff first year
>gets BTFO in first round 2nd year
>already eliminated from playoff contention by week four in 3rd year

What a dumbass.

Ole Miss and Southern Miss should have been playing the Egg Bowl from the late 80's to the mid 2000's, when Mississippi State had like 13 losing seasons. Southern Miss was clearly the superior in-state team, especially at a time when they were playing Florida State, Louisville, and other SEC and Power 5 teams on the regular.

Why did that series end anyway?

don't forget about this

And last year Houston flew up to Connecticut and lost there, too.

As long as Ward stays healthy, the hardest game remaining on their schedule this year is Louisville.

Stay tuned.

>W-we had some good times together, didn't we Houston-sama?

they have to get through undefeated navy first lol

houston
washington
byu
baylor
ohio state
GT
AF
UGA
Wake
Purdue
Michigan
Nebraska
Minne
WVU
TAMU
Utah
Miss
Bama
WM
SDSU
Clemson
USC
Boise

Since joining the AAC, Houston's record is 29-11 as of the end of last season.

They're fine.

In the original post, I meant to say Memphis wasn't good in C-USA. Houston was always a contender.

>they have to get through Navy
>lowest total offensive yards of any AAC team so far this season

They'll be fine.

Source:
espn.com/ncf/conferences/statistics/team/_/stat/total/year/2016/id/151

Since joining the AAC, Memphis' record is currently 22-7 as of last week.

The AAC has money C-USA does not, the AAC is a fucking scary-ass conference. Every team in it is currently .500 or better.

last season was awesome =(

RESPECT FOOL WHAT

>2-6 against Marshall
>9-15 against Houston
>6-15 against ECU
>fucking 22-40 against Southern Miss

I'm going to argue that Memphis suddenly learned to play football around the time they joined the AAC.

and they just lost their head coach last year
he's took over at VT
I was so upset that Tennessee won...couldn't see the came cuz I was at work =(

Both of their losses are better than any win Nebraska has.

They didn't "learn," they just got that AAC money.

I'm down. I ain't even mad about the Outbackb Owl.

>Washington
This is the type of team of team that's going to get wrecked by some middling team, like how Utah did Oregon last year.

>Like eating potentially poisonous berries when you're starving to death.
Nice
>WVU was like their fifth choice after being repeatedly turned down.
Who else did they want?

>tfw Southern Miss
>historical giant killer
>original mid-major
>regional G5 powerhouse
>dominated all 3 phases of C-USA membership
>dedicated fan base
>left behind by conference realignment

Can we just get some respect please?

>0% chance of getting fired
I'm not sure he would get fired if he did what Briles did

Art Briles next LSU coach when?

Both of those flags represent states that were once perfectly okay with slavery.

Green Day albums Power Ranking

1- Kerplunk
2- Dookie/1039 Smoothed out slappy hours
3- American Idiot

POWER
O
W
E
R

GAP
A
P

9000- Warning
900000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000004- Uno/Dos/Tre

Not an argument.

fucking trolls

least you got that beefy husbando coach bro

not with those academics

Was I just wrong that Briles is the forbidden fruit no team would dare touch?

We have a higher percentage of black students than Ole Miss or MSU. They come here, flunk every class, and drop out by sophomore year when their free money runs out. There's nothing we can do, short of burning crosses in Shoemaker Square.

JUST

Holy fuck. I'm never felt so little animosity towards a Mexican in my entire life. These are perfect. I'll complete them though.

4-Insomniac
5-Nimrod
900000000000-21st Century Breakdown

>Ole Piss is 2-2
>ranked

I don't give a fuck about who-beat-who, that shit shouldn't be allowed.

>he rates uno/dos/tre

>segregation will never be legal again
I'm just glad they can't do shit about economic segregation. Well, I suppose Julian Castro is trying with section 8, but they'll never win.

tiptop25.com/howtorate_record.html

They and Oklahoma were also ranked last week at 1-2.

Suburban Chicago has pockets of wealth
Unfortunately places like Arlington Heights and Schaumburg also have a ton of foreclosures, and there are even more in poorer cities
The city governments are afraid they won't meet their budgetary requirements, so they agree to take in families from Chicago public housing and put them in their own public housing in the safe ritzy burbs
My mom is a school nurse where this happens; if the families are full of hoodlums they get arrested and cps takes the kids; win win
If they're all cool and start acting like regular functioning members of society (by the time they get to high school they're pretty much sjw honkies who are afraid of leaving their safe comfy burb), they usually drown in scholarship offers cuz they're minorities and become Huffington post approved success stories
It's actually a pretty good system. And there was a cover article from the Atlantic that talked about this in more detail, but it's been happening there for a long time

Grew up in a white flight burb in Birmingham. I suppose this explains where all the blacks and spics in school come from despite the city demographics being quite different. Mountain Brook of course has enough money not to need this; this would also explain how there are no minorities there.

>Schaumburg
>70% white
>20% Asian

Jesus, Asians are better at white flight than white people are.

vegas has michigan a 9 point favorite over wisconsin.

is michigan overrated? or was colorado actually pretty good? were MSU and LSU not very good wins for Wisconsin in retrospect? is wisconsin way more battle tested? what kind of factor is home field advantage for michigan? is Michigan built to beat a team like Wisconsin? will Wisconsin's young QB be able to deal with Michigan's elite D line and blitz happy coach? How will Michigan's QB do when finally tested against a good defense? how much will we see Peppers on offense?

big advantage for Michigan imo is that they haven't shown much of their playbook.

this matchup seems like the most interesting of the week for me. should be a good old fashioned B1G battle.

discuss pls

>form a broship?

>Memphis v Ole Miss
>Better than UNC v FSU

>is michigan overrated?
yeah
>or was colorado actually pretty good?
nah
>were MSU and LSU not very good wins for Wisconsin in retrospect?
somewhat
>is wisconsin way more battle tested?
yeah
>what kind of factor is home field advantage for michigan?
pretty big
>is Michigan built to beat a team like Wisconsin?
we'll find out
>will Wisconsin's young QB be able to deal with Michigan's elite D line and blitz happy coach?
he did well against MSU who also has an elite D-line but the jury is still out
>How will Michigan's QB do when finally tested against a good defense?
No way to know right now
>how much will we see Peppers on offense?
probably 5-8 touches

>Hear about LSU contacting Big Art
>go there to see all the nu-male cucks chimping out
>just as I suspected every LSU reddit cuck was saying they would disown the program/cancel their season tickets etc.
>even worse 80% of reddit has 2 different favorite teams
>the state of nu-male cucks

>that nose

>Memphis is 3-0
>Just hung up 70+ points and their offense hasn't been stopped yet
>Beat the Rebs last year
>Ole Miss finally clicking
or
>A team that lost to the team that Ole Miss was beating 45-0
>A team that got 60+ hung up on them

hmmmm

FSU buttfucked Ole Miss

learn to quote chink

stop being a homer for a bit
FSU beat Ole Miss by 11 (hardly buttfucking them)
UGA beat UNC
If 11 points is buttfucking I'd love to know your term for beating a team by 31 (Ole Miss > UGA)

One game is an undefeated Memphis team that was ranked top 20 last year and beat Ole Miss, one of this year's most interesting teams (2 close loses to top 15 programs and destroying a top 25 team) also a regional rivalry
The other game is a trash ACC team in UNC versus an FSU team that got slaughtered by L'ville (what's your word for losing by 53?) and was trailing and tied with USF for a lot of the game
Ez choice

Gangster 5ives

seriously good football teams that you do NOT want to mess with

>is michigan overrated?
They're one of about five teams not to have had a close game so far. While they shouldn't be patted too hard on the back for drubbing weak competition, it would be weird to focus on they, who have not had a close game yet, and look past Clemson, who struggled with Troy, or Wisconsin, who struggled with Georgia State. They are certainly not overranked, and it would be strange to call them overrated and not overranked.

holy shit it's terrible
>80% of reddit has 2 different favorite teams
this, every ACC/AAC fan also has bama in their flair

So your argument is that other P5 teams, teams who were not available to take, were better than WVU for a 10 year stretch? I don't think you have a good handle on how college football works.

>Freeze getting fired
>from Ole Fucking Mississippi
Lol. That school is garbage tier and he made them relevant. No way he gets fired unless NCAA forces it due to violations

>a bad ref call away from overtime with the number 1 team
>absolutely ass blasted Gawgia, clearly putting the best performance of the week

Lol k. Idiots like you that only see in W's and L's shouldn't have a say in rankings.

no u

Publix Tendie Sandwich Bowl

LSU fan here.

I'm sad it had to end this way for Les, he's a hell of a human being and was a great ambassador for the school. That being said the game of football passed him by half a decade ago and it was time.

For the first time in a while I'm excited about what the future holds, until Alleva and F King Alexander inevitably fuck it up.

Who do you think they will hire? Is Art Briles a serious candidate? I feel like the way he was forced out of Baylor, he shouldn't be allowed to immediately step back in a HC job the next year. Also, I don't think Jimbo will leave FSU, nor will Herman leave Houston, especially if they go p5. Are they going to go full damage control and hire some guy that will put in a meme offense? Deep down I have this feeling that they will end up taking Kiffin, which would just be hilarious.

>Is Art Briles a serious candidate?
If reddit is any measure of how the normies will take this, there's no way he is.

Also how is LSU even a better job than FSU? At the very most it's the same tier. And god knows what amount of money you'd have to pay someone making $5 million in Florida to take a job in fucking Baton Rouge.

Why do I have a bad feeling that our awful AD is going to throw money at Les Miles because of his name alone.

I keep seeing everyone here saying Mitch has already been in contact with him, but that's so ridiculous. If Les couldn't win with top 5 talent every single year, how the fuck would he win with mediocre talent at Kentucky. We need Petrino....or Herman.

That was what I was trying to argue. I just have heard Jimbo was speculated to go to LSU last year when Miles was on the hit seat. There's no way LSU would be a better job than FSU

>I just have heard Jimbo was speculated to go to LSU last year
i don't believe it

That's what everyone was saying last year.

"I ain't going to those gumbo fucking inbreds" - Jimbo Fisher

Well son of a bitch.

Can someone explain what is supposed to draw Fisher away from a modern blooblod in Florida to a second tier team in Louisiana?

thank fuck i thought we were going to go a thread without you posting this picture

DEY IN DA ESSSEEEESEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to win a natty there literally isn't a better place than FSU though. SEC tier recruiting, conference USA tier competition until the postseason.

1- Kerplunk
2- Dookie/1039 Smoothed out slappy hours
3-Insomniac
4-Nimrod (where the thread title actually comes from, genius)
--POWER GAP--
4999-Warning
5000-American Idiot

Yea dude, pretty much what this guy said:
>unranked UNC
Literally fuck off.

I too like to pretend that American Idiot was their last album.

One of the flags was like, "Okay, let's stop this."

The other one went to war to defend it, and is still cranky about that 150 years later.

>So your argument is that other P5 teams, teams who were not available to take, were better than WVU for a 10 year stretch?

No.

Nah, I just never got around to buying the Uno/Dos/Tres combo pack.

American Idiot was the only album I sold back though, it's no fun to listen to. the U/D/T tracks I've pulled up on YouTube are fun tho.

Still mad?

WE POWER SIX NOW

So? Let the country without sin cast the first stone.

Mountain melt from ale house?

nice

>it's no fun to listen to
Interesting. I mean I agree now but I've heard it 30 times.

>Mountain melt from ale house

Yeah sir! Good stuff

I miss it being a power 6 tbqh

Why did the Big East die again? Obviously it hemorrhaged its best teams but what caused that?

Well yeah, I mean, all of their albums are like 11 pop-punk tracks and one slow boring ballad. Then the ballad gets released to the radio/streaming stations and I end up hearing it 9000 times. American Idiot was an entire album of that (except for the title track, which was great). Happens when artists get old, I guess.

Also gave us this
youtube.com/watch?v=C_TfBbR6L0M

Towards the end there I think the BE was up to 48 teams. You can't sustain everyone's best interests with that.

Nah, it was more like 18, the basketball teams wanted special treatment and the conference higher-ups wanted to be a real Power Five. They wanted to add teams like Boise State for the BCS, and the basketball schools lost their shit. It's better the way it is now, basketball schools can fuck awf.

>Canada throws a rock at that guy

>Tfw making america great again

sayonara, vandals

Under France and England slavery was legal in Canada. In fact, the slave trade wasn't limited to any effect until 1793 and wasn't abolished until 1807. Slavery itself remained legal until 1834. Fuck off.

>under France and England

Well there's your problem.

I want Southern Miss in that conference so fucking bad.

>All those C-USA and Sunbelt schools in "major market areas" that turned out to be flops

nah, you guys got exposed just like I said
I also said it had nothing to do with you being good, but with us being horrible.. we (seemed to have) fixed our mistakes but what about you guys?

If you really think FSU / UNC is better than Memphis / Ole Miss you're crazy

>If you really think FSU / UNC is better than Memphis / Ole Miss you're crazy

I think most people would rather watch two good teams with a decent shot at getting into a good bowl game go at it.

Personally I'll probably watch the 4th quarter of the Memphis game just to watch the rebels lose to Memphis yet again.

>I think most people would rather watch two good teams with a decent shot at getting into a good bowl game go at it.
So Memphis and Ole Miss?

UNC plays in one of the weakest divisions in CFB, obviously their record is going to be bloated
FSU is a top 15 team this year but mostly because you only played three teams that could beat you (Ole Miss, L'ville Clemson) so at most you should have 2 losses this year

Is LSU gonna regret firing Les Miles?
Feels so

>UNC plays in one of the weakest divisions in CFB, obviously their record is going to be bloated
>FSU is a top 15 team this year but mostly because you only played three teams that could beat you (Ole Miss, L'ville Clemson) so at most you should have 2 losses this year

Well, we could compare Memphis' football schedule to UNC's and Ole Miss' to FSU's but I'm sure you're intelligent enough to know that we'd be wasting our time.

There is no comparison

Yeah I don't much like September for that reason, but also the title track for the same reason. Boulevard is probably their second best song, behind At the Library, and the rest of it is great except Extraordinary Girl.

Canada is basically a non-country.

>my team got BTFO by UCF 53-14 on Saturday
>head coach gets fired on Sunday

FIU's football team has always and will always be shit. What other Florida team should I bandwagon? UF, FSU, UM, or UCF? FAU is not an option.

So who is the stronger G5 conference, Mountain West or the MAC? The MAC West division is unreal right now, they have 2 undefeated teams and 3 teams that are 3-1, all in out-of-conference play. MAC East is almost polar opposite.

why do you attend or support the university of cuba anyway

Do you live near any of those schools or have any ties with them?

I'm currently enrolled here because they have a good construction program and offered me a full ride. And no, I don't have any ties with any other schools in Florida. I guess UM makes the most sense geographically but even down here I see more Gators and Seminoles fans. Shit, there may be even more UCF fans here than UM fans.

If you want to keep some G5 street cred, bandwagon UCF. They're not horrible (2015 not withstanding) and if pigs fly, they might be considered for Big 12 expansion. If you want a team that will actually win a championship, bandwagon FSU.

Anyone seen Dubstonio?

Overall, I'd have to say it's the AAC. MW and MAC seem to have one-two good programs with only one viable each season. The AAC is in its 3rd year and had UCF win the fiesta bowl in its first year with a final top 10 ranking. In its second year, Memphis, Navy, and Houston were frequently in the top 25 and Houston won the Peach Bowl. This year Houston is in the top 10, USF looks pretty good, and UCF, Memphis, and Cincinnati seem to be rebuilding well. The AAC just has more depth in my opinion.

After which shitty performance does Gus get fired?

>at Mississippi State
>vs Arkansas
>at Ole Miss?

Sure, our 5 hardest teams head to head vs yours
Ole Miss vs FSU
Bama > L'ville
TAMU > Clemson
(FSU > Ole Miss)**
Arky = Miami
Auburn < Florida
UGA > UNC

**Ignore this one cause it's pretty cheeky

Memphis vs UNC
Houston > FSU
Ole Miss > Miami
USF < UGA
Cinnci < VT
Navy < Pitt

No shit. I was asking between the MWC and MAC. The AAC borders the line between a G5 conference and a Power 5 conference, if only because of media attention.

It might come earlier vs Louisiana Monroe if he doesn't completely blow them the fuck out. If LSU snapped the ball on time or had a timeout to set up the last play, Auburn would have lost. The team has regressed massively and it's only a matter of when he's fired.

They are going to lose to Alabama, Florida, and A&M this year and they'll end up beating Penn State in the Hotpockets.comb Owl

He just needs a new offensive coordinator. The recruiting, defense, and special teams is all there.

If you want to compare by current teams up to this point

Ole Miss vs FSU
Bama > L'ville
(FSU > Ole Miss)**
UGA > USF
Wofford = CHSO

Memphis vs UNC
Kansas < UGA
Bowling Green < Pitt
SEMS < Illinois

Memphis is undefeated though and has beaten all of their shitty opponents handily

If he can beat Alabama, he can lose all three of those games.

>mfw WHYoming lost to EMU

Lol, if you compare it that way of course you're right but considering the fact that Louisville and Clemson are better than anyone of your schedule(not named alabama) you can throw those comparisons out the window.

Hell Miami and Florida could even go toe to toe with you guys.

As far as UNC goes, they have a tougher schedule than Memphis but may not necessarily be better than them.

Wisconsin here.

Be straight with me. Do we have a chance against Michigan this week?

LSU will beat Florida.

Because Ole Miss refuses to play in Hattiesburg. They think its beneath them.

Absolutely. You have to be able to run the ball though. You need ball control offense because they will pass all over you and score at least 21-24pts.

>Michigan doesn't play a single away game until week 6

What a meme.

are you allowed to bandwagon Alabama if your favorite color as a child was red?

>50+ red teams in CFB
>picks Alabama out of the lot

Cuck

Bandwagon the Badgers mate.

this la

lol

I already have a Packers friend who does that.

You should bandwagon a team from a state that has Swedish roots. Minnesota, Michigan, and Wisconsin are heavily Swedish.

>Wisconsin
>Michigan
>Michigan State
>Minnesota
>Notre Dame (if you're Catholic)

>(if you're Catholic)
My fedora is fully tipped in your direction friend

Perhaps Michigan, since that's Tom Brady's college (I mean since I'm not NFL bandwagoner I support the team closest to me New England)

Allow a long time fan to rank these for you.
1. Kerplunk
2. American Idiot
3. Dookie
4. Imsoniac
5. 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
5. 21st Century Breakdown
6. Nimrod

POWER GAP

9001. Warning
900001. Shenanigans
90000001. Uno
9000000001. Tre
90000000002. Dos

If I was allowed to rate an album just based off three songs, i'd put Revolution Radio somewhere between 5 and 8.

>American Idiot that high
>Insomniac not #1
>1,039/SOSH not #2

Don't tell me you like New Found Glory...

Never heard of them.

It wouldn't be Stoops or even Castiglione doing that. It's Boren all the way. Think about it. He's a career politician. He's the current chairman of the Big 12 Board of Directors. Everything he says is either noncommittal or coated in legalese and every time he opens his mouth the conference appears a little less stable. His end game is getting Oklahoma an out and he's probably in a pretty good position to do that. If they don't expand the conference appears weak and circling the drain. If they expand without extending the Grant of Rights everyone views it as delaying the inevitable because Oklahoma and Texas have zero incentive to stay past 2025 assuming they don't weasel their way out sooner. Expand and try to extend the Grant of Rights and Oklahoma and Texas may walk right then and there because there's no way they'd ever agree to staying longer than they have to when they can basically take their pick of a larger, more stable, and more prestigious conference.

>WVU was a clutch decision. Like eating potentially poisonous berries when you're starving to death.

While being completely blind to the fact there was a much safer and more sustaining food source nearby in the form of Louisville all but BEGGING the Big 12 for an invite at the time.

you have to go back

Anyone watching >pawl right now?

Vols vs Dawgs. 3:30

Who wins Cred Forums?

Dawgs the dawgs lose to flurda. 3 way tie of suckage in the SECE

>Dubstonio
>mfw literally btfo this weekend by one state

>mfw Michigan State fans actually thought they weren't going to regress by a lot this year

fuck you

fuck you

fuck you too

Is LSU supposedly a better coaching job than Florida St? I don't understand why LSU seems to believe that they can lure Jimbo Fisher.

upset?

we can only hope

no u

189th for Gators rock

They don't and LSU isn't a better coaching job that FSU. Only LSU fans think LSU can lure Jimbo. They'll wind up with one of Saban's many HC-tier assistants or someone from out west who's looking for their first big name head coaching job.

Dammit ALL CAPS weekly recap user, where are you? I check cfb every time I shit and I still don't see you

Northwestern fan here
Should I root for wake forest?
This season sucks

Who has that Penn State screen grab where the guy is saying the rape victims were like 12 so it was ok?

yes
>tfw Harvard fan
>tfw root for Northwestern & Wake Forrest as FBS schools
both are comfy campuses

Thank you ivy pal
Wake is the smallest P5
That is pretty cool

They can beat Bama with offense and no defense but defense and no offense is another story. There is figuratively no way they win.

underdogdynasty.com/conference-usa/2016/9/25/13048956/three-things-we-learned-week-four-of-conference-usa-football-mtsu-la-tech-brent-utep-unt-rice-utsa

UTSA lost to Old Dominion, UNT had to go to double overtime to beat a 0-3 Rice, and UTEP...well let's just say the Golden Eagles are good this year.

In a state so rich with football talent, why do the Texas schools in C-USA consistently suck? What's the deal?

Remember when homosexual fans of the shanty University of Texas Austin that thought their football program was back because they beat Notre Dame and lost close to Cal.

>Notre Dame gets beat by Duke and their BACK UP FUCKING QB
>Cal gets upended by a random Arizona team

Your team is shit. You're delusional. Oklahoma is going to rape you guys until you bleed in the Cotton Bowl.

1. 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
2. Kerplunk
3. Dookie
POWER GAP
4. American Idiot
5. Insomniac
6. Nimrod
7. Warning
GRAND CANYON POWER GAP
99. 21st Century Breakdown
INTERSTELLAR SPACE GAP
9999999999999999^99999999999999. Uno/Dos/Tre

(top 3 may be rearranged as needed)

Because the good football players don't go to shit tier G5 schools. Texas is recruited by the entire Big 12, most of the Pac 12 and most of the SEC.

Didn't seem to phase TCU in their pre-Big 12 days. Or SMU most of the time.

who /FunBelt/ here?

TCU has a really good coach and the only time SMU was ever relevant they cheated their ass off (plus they were in a major conference when they were at their best). Also, TCU wasn't a midmajor for that long. They have been in the SWC or Big 12 for most of their history.

Here.

the Sun Belt is 6-9 against other G5 conferences so far.

>¯\_(ツ)_/¯

when did Arkansas State turn to such shit? What a fall from grace.

wtaf

We know it's possible for non-Big 12 Texas teams to succeed, because Houston.

As for the rest, man, I dunno. It may have to do with prestige, SMU is still tainted and the rest are incredibly remote....... except for Rice (you need a really high SAT score to get in), and UNT which is coming off like 9 losing seasons out of the last 10.

So much this.

WVU is hot garbage, it'd be like if the Pac-12 passed on Utah and went with Fresno State instead.

This is the thing I'm pondering on. Like, without exception, each of the 4 Texas schools in Conference USA are horrible. Consistently horrible. I thought UTEP was the outlier, because they scored 7 on Texas early in the game, and played against a very good Army team, but nope. Southern Miss ran all over them.

>Oklahoma State
>2011
>Never been relevant again
>Got close last year but got overshadowed by a big brother who got btfo by a team who got btfo by bama
>tulsa has a better record than us and ou this year

YOU COULD'VE AVOIDED THIS, BUT YOU LOST TO CYKEKS

Mark Dantonio does his best impression of his team this last week

youtube.com/watch?v=OVRh4QpXDko

its not fun being on the losing end of a game :/

God Ole Miss fans are fucking insufferable.

>win two Egg Bowls in a row
>Losing series overall for past 25 years

"Yeah bro they like don't even deserve to play us, they've got no shot"

Kill yourself, CuckOle Miss

how is lsu even an improvement over fsu

here it is in webm form

if they're smart they'd acquire herman at any cost

Even better, now I can shitpost Sharty fans with ease.

Vegas says your chance of getting btfo is about the same as your chance of winning. it's still early in the season though. i know it seems like people say this every week, but we will really know a lot more about who is really elite and who is just good after this week.

but I don't think it's a great situation for you guys. big house is gonna be rockin. Harbaugh hasn't shown much of the playbook against cupcakes, and Jabrill will probably be heavily involved on offense. your team might be due for a letdown at some point during this insane run of games you have. also I'm not sure your offense has shown a lot, considering about half your points against MSU came from the fumble recovery and then great field position off the botched punt (iirc).

if you guys can find a way to put up 20+ points I like your guys' chances. I just don't think you'll put many points on the board. last year Michigan feasted on inexperienced pro style QBs.

and those third down conversions you had against MSU? don't expect it against Michigan. I believe Michigan is best in the country on 3rd down D. and they were playing without Jourdan Lewis and Taco Charlton for the first few games.

underrated post

Who here is on the SDSU hype train?

If Colorado can put up 28 points on Michigan, so can Wisconsin. Colorado would have won that game if their special teams wasn't complete garbage.

>Going back 25 years like it's relevant at all
>Ignoring that State is absolutely imploding in real time right in front of you

If you believe at all that State has a chance without Dak, you need checked into an institution. Ole Miss and State are on entirely different levels right now. One can compete with Bama, the other isn't even sure it'll be bowl eligible.

Colorado has fast receivers and a senior QB, and they didn't put up 28 on offense. Wisconsin's receivers are slow as shit. Their most credible threat through the air is their tight end. Their qb is a true freshman. In all seriousness, go watch what CU's backup qb did to oregon on Saturday and compare it to against Michigan. Wisc can win it because they're tough up front, but so is Michigan soI wouldn't hold my breath. Michigan has a lot more play makers in all three phases.

delet

Who /Zips/ here?

Good call. UM even has a similar color scheme to your flag and Scandinavia even has some wolverines running around in your woods.

Full disclosure, I haven't watched any Washington games this year. But just looking at box scores and stats, I don't see the hype. Why are they getting ranked so high every week?

>Tulsa
>notable

>fanbase is as much of cucks as the swedes
perfect fit

>tfw seeing this webm if he leaves

he's a lifer

>Dan Marktonio doing his best impression of MSU's offense

I really hope OU finds comfort in Texas losing to Cal, because in two weeks when Texas walks into the Cotton Bowl. OU's in for a rude awakening.

this comment is ill-informed to say the least.

first of all there was a strip sack TD, so Colorado's O only accounted for 21 points.

Colorado runs an uptempo, spread offense. and it was a senior QB who was making things happen. Wisconsin does not have that kind of offense, and their QB is inexperienced.

also remember that Wisconsin couldn't even score 28 against Georgia State.

and instead of doing the transitive thing, let's just look at the over/under and spread. 10 point spread, 44 o/u.

so vegas thinks Michigan will win a 27-17 type of game.

Wisconsin will have a lot of trouble getting anything going on offense. mark my words :)

>first of all there was a strip sack TD, so Colorado's O only accounted for 21 points.

correction regarding this comment: not really sure it was relevant. I don't think we were discussing just points put up my Colorado's offense or just points in general. either way Colorado got some help from their defense, and I believe Wisconsin will have to do the same to get anywhere near 28.

btw I don't think Michigan will light it up either. it will be the best defense Michigan has faced.

Our rude awakening happened in Houston and to Ohio State. Are you saying that you're better than those teams? That you're better competition? The team that let Notre Dame score 47 points and Cal 50 points? Our rude awakening is gonna come from that team.

Texas couldn't hold the jock strap of either Ohio State or Houston.

>we're good because we lost to 2 really good teams
kek

You sound like an average SEC fan.

Oklahoma is better than the filth in this port-a-poty of a conference because we kept scores relatively low in even the Ohio State blown out. All 3 of our games combined we have only allowed 84 points.

In the Notre Dame and Cal game alone Texas allowed 97 points. Beat a team that lost to Duke's back up by 3 points. Congratulations you might be as good as Duke with a backup QB. Cal beat you and they lost to Arizona.

We're both garbage, but I'd love to see Texas play Ohio State and Houston and try and contain them to under 70 points.

Why the fuck is Alabama still number one? They beat a USC team that we now know is objectively shit, they BARELY beat Ole Piss, and thrash two literally whos. Why does this make Bama some unstoppable titan?

Why do you know the AP polls?

USC may be shit but it's definitely not from a lack of talent, and Alabama still beat the everloving shit out of them. We all know Alabama has supreme talent, so it proves that their coaching is at least above average.

>tfw A&M has an actual run game and more importantly a run defense
we'll lose to ole miss and tennessee, but maybe there is a chance against bama this year

>they BARELY beat Ole Piss

How does Freeze compete with Bama when the talent levels are obviously lopsided in favor of Bama? Is Saban just a mediocre coach with god-tier recruiting skills?

Ole Miss trades a what the fuck loss to a team like Memphis in exchange for meme magic against Bama

Southern Miss is exceptional.

UTEP is typically trash, but their coaching staff is almost respectable this year (props for getting ANYONE to come live in El Paso).

UNT has the tools for success and had huge success 2001-04, they just hired a new AD so may be about to turn the corner.

RIce/SMU are a bit too elite, but UNT, Texas State and maybe even UTEP can change hearts and minds.

>lose against Tennessee
>think you have a chance against bama
????? wut?

I needed a 12th to make it even.

Right, it's not like the last team to beat Alabama had any horrible losses.

Might as we have done Indiana

There's so much fear in you faggots, LSU about to hire Herman and then go in dry in the rest of the country.

You niggers are on notice

You should totally support the Minnesota Vikings in NFL and Minnesota Gophers in college.

Did you even use a great circle distance to see which is actually closer? The Earth's not flat, sona straight line on most maps isn't the closest distance between 2 points

you're going to get lane kiffin and you're going to like it

Hey, when am I ever going to get another chance to put Tulsa on this list?

If Les Miles got fired despite 1 natty, 2 SEC titles, and another natty appearance, is Bob Stoops next?

Les' biggest problems were 1) playing in the same division as Saban and 2) they have been meh every year since 2011. Stoops doesn't have to deal with anyone of Saban's caliber in the Big 12 and while this year is disappointing he isn't riding a five year streak of disappointment. If OU thinks they can get Herman though, all bets are off.

Last 3 years have been very disappointing though

Oklahoma is one of 7 teams to participate in the playoff, there are over a hundred teams that would to have that kind of disappointment.

Yeah but surely they seem it that way
Look at Nebraska

That Natty was a goddamn sham, GTFO of here with that shit.

>they barely beat Ole Piss

Yes, but unfortunately for all of us, Ole Piss was ranked at the time, so that barely moved the needle. If they don't beat Kentucky this week by at least 21, that might do it.

Yeah, USA beat an SEC team and hasn't done great since.

Arky State is just having a bad year, it HAS to be a fluke. The top of the conference is still good enough to not totally embarrass the entire organization though (App State, Georgia Southern, and oh shit, here comes Troy).

07 or 11?
07 they were the only team to win their conference and not lose to a team that would go 4-8

The one pre-BCS, when they finished ahead of USC in one poll and behind in another. If we'd had the BCS they'd have played each other. But they did not, so LSU claims some bullshit.

>pre-BCS,
You're talking about 04, which was during the BCS. (OU played Saban's LSU and lost.) And yes, it was a joke. OU got annihilated in their conference championship game by Kansas St. by like 4 td's and somehow still got to play for a natty. I think USC would have beaten LSU too.

WE'RE IN AGREEMENT THEN.

WHY AM I SHOUTING.

Probably all the meth bruh

>SOON

>meth

No, not me, I distinctly implied I am NOT in Louisiana.

That one wasn't Les Miles

LSU STILL SUCKS, IS MY POINT

>hurrr we lost against a team that struggles for 3 quarters against JuCos
>hurrr we lost to a team that beat us as bad as they beat their cupcakes
>hurrr we'll still win the BIG XII
OU is scrambling together excuses and they won't have enough when the Cotton Bowl comes around.
>we already had our rude awakening
Oh no. No no no. That was just a mild realization that OU will never beat anyone outside of the BIG XII.

The rude awakening will be when OU learns they will struggle against most BIG XII teams and get beat by at least 3 of them. Most likely Texas, Baylor, and Okie State.

Can we keep herman after this season?

With all the HC positions who will be open I doubt it.
The real question is : Where will he land? USC? ND? Texas?

I'd say LSU would be a decent fit for him

According to some sources they made contact with his agent.

Herm seems really happy at Houston. If they join the Big 12 and he gets another pay raise theyll keep him for sure

I will go to the grave believing International Superhits is the best fucking album to listen to

if they get the big 12 invite before december

>These week 5 pick em games
Holy shit.

>mfw Tom herman leaves and UH becomes irrelevant again

Texas would be the best place for him to go

Mark my digits /cfb/. Kentucky will beat Alabama this Saturday.

try to not douse your coach in gatorade prematurely this time

what are you basing that on? have you seen kentucky play?

Sweden is so non-religious it's importing hundreds of thousands of Muslims by the year. You would be much better off if you were Catholic.

Well 2011 should've been theirs so it evens out. Their resume that year before the title game was better than most national champions after the title game.

>#4 Oregon
>#1 Alabama
>#5 Arkansas
>#17 WVU
>#20 Georgia
>Auburn (who beat top 10 SCAR), Mississippi State, and Florida, all ranked when they played them

They were the best choice in 2007 though. No losses before triple overtime, beat the #3 conference champion team, and other nice wins. Oklahoma was admittedly close, but their bowl result tells us LSU was the right call.

>we will never see Saban's tigers play prime Pete Carrol

why live

That contract would be hard to buy out.

official /cfb/ discord channel

discord.gg/ZnGjYAu

Just talked to a USC booster....

..This program is in shambles and they don't really have a contingent plan to fix it anytime soon. They are throwing all their chips in for Gruden or Herman, with Briles as a safety net.

Helton will probably finish the year out, then he's done.

what the fuck went wrong

also how do you fire a coach after four games

also why did they hire Helton anyway

JON GRUDEN GOAT

Helton should have never been handed the reins of the team. He's not a competent head coach. The team has no discipline, leadership, or unity. Injured players show up to practice in street clothes, allowed to wear huge piece of jewelry. The booster even told me they can't even line-up to do sprints correctly. Half of the team will get in three-point, half won't. Everyone on the team thinks they're a fucking superstar.

Also, he most likely won't get fired until after the season ends, but make no mistake USC is running a quiet coaching search to replace Helton.

They went with Helton because of the AD switch and he was a cheaper choice, considering they are still paying Kiffin and Sark and are about to get into a legal battle with Sark.

Gruden is their top choice but I think it's risky. He has virtually no college experience and it takes a totally different skill set to be a college HC rather than an NFL HC. Look at what happened with Callahan at Nebraska.

Predictions:

Dantonio to LSU (likely within this week)
Gus fired from Auburn; Tom Herman replaces him
Sumlin fired from A&M; Kiffin replaces him
Butch Jones fired from Tennessee; Art Briles replaces him
Les Miles to Oregon

That was the biggest fuck up of the BCS era. It's a damn shame we never got to see a championship game between Carroll's USC and a SEC champion. 2008 USC had a ridiculous defense and a very underrated offense. They would have beat Tebow and Florida in the title game pretty handily. It would have played out just like the 2009 SEC CCG when Bama crushed Florida.

>Muh SEC

Fuck Briles, I want nothing to do with him. I want Helton replaced today but I would rather keep him than hire Briles. I can't see USC seriously considering him.

Herman would obviously be a grand slam. Gruden is a meme candidate who will never coach again.

>Dantonio to LSU (likely within this week)

>SEC fans believe this is the greatest game of football ever played

This is the pinnacle of SEC football

>m-muh elite defenses
Yeah nice job not having an offense guys. This is as bad as "Big" "12" "defense".

>mfw the acc does sec football better

If you're looking strictly at football capability, Briles would be a nightmare at USC. The recruits he could pull in, coupled with his /meme/ offense would see USC immediately back in the top 10 consistently. One would hope he would hire a competent D Coordinator to complement his offense, though.

But Briles does have a lot of baggage and seeing as how USC already has enough issues, both presently and in the past, I think it's risky.

Gruden is an idiotic choice IMO. Great NFL coach, but no experience in CFB is alarming. Plus his pricetag will be astronomical. Herman would be ideal but I think he ends up in the SEC somewhere.

Cal lost to Arizona state you fucking dipshit

Tulsa is beating Houston this year

>USC hires Briles
>The year is 2020: USC received first death penalty since SMU
book it

I don't hate Briles for his coaching ability, I'm certain he would have USC playing at a top 10 level immediately. As you said, it's all the off-field shit he brings with him and I've had enough of that to last a lifetime.

I think USC has a chance with Herman. He grew up in Southern California and played college ball at a small school in the area. The job's expectations are high but not quite as high as LSU, plus he would instantly be the best coach in the division (and maybe the conference).

>He grew up in Southern California
Why is this relevant? Know who else grew up in Southern California, and even went to USC? Sark

They would never put the death penalty on USC because MUH BLOOBLUD

Kek if Penn State can get away with it, a blue blood like USC will be safe.

And Sark has worked for USC on multiple occasions (though he never will again) so I'm not sure what your point is.

That growing up in southern california means literally nothing

So you decided to prove this point by using an example of a Southern Californian who used to be the head coach of the University of Southern California?

Yeah because it ended up being an absolutely god awful decision. How are you not getting this? They ignored the obvious flaws and documented alcoholism of Sarkisian and hired him anyway because >muh heritage

>Herman is also an alcoholic who has never been that successful as a head coach
Tell me Herman's major flaws and how that would be an awful hire, beyond "hurr they're both from Southern California"

Jesus fuck

You said he's from Southern California. I then said that has no bar whatsoever on coaching ability and USC shouldn't even think about the California connection when evaluating coaches because the last time they did it bit them in the ass. If there is a better coach/fit available you take them over Herman, but knowing USC they may ignore that and go for the California connection because they have done exactly that in the past.

Make sense?

I said he's from Southern California to >imply he may be open to returning to the area because the other poster was saying he will probably end up in the SEC, not because I think USC should have "Hire a Southern Californian" at the top of their coaching search checklist. USC's main coaching hire problem is hiring from the Carroll coaching tree, which Herman is not descended from.

Alright there we go now you're making sense.

>Gus fired from Auburn; Tom Herman replaces him

>fearposting
This isn't TigerDroppings

post yfw the great white hope loses the Heisman to a black guy again

Memphis is out, that's been reported. The Big 12 might actually be making a smart choice this time. They aren't looking for just any team or "muh TV market". They're looking for a broad fan base, a competitive football program, and a team that can actually carry their market. Houston fills all those spots, and possibly Cincinnati too. Taking any school in Florida not named UF or FSU is a risk, one that I'm not sure the Big 12 will take.

Every one knows that BYU is the really smart choice, with a nationally known brand, a national fan base, competitive football program, and good academics. But fucking liberals care more about their goddamn secular ethics than they do about revenue and keeping the conference alive.

I'd love to see Gruden back on the sidelines, but he makes about as much money as Nick Saban by broadcasting on ESPN, where he is undoubtably the best personality they have.

The only way he's going back on the field is if he really, really wanted to.

Jackson actually deserves it though

>four games

I know being depressed about the outcome of a cfb game is ridiculous but I still am.

I think being an MSU fan is my highest form of autism.

I hate quarterbacks.

They should have to split their yardage and passing TDs withthe WRs.

None of this will happen. Cap this post.

>Butch Jones fired

lmao the only way he gets fired is if it gets leaked that he's getting infinite blowjobs from qt coeds right now for beating florida

Quarterbacks influence the offense more than anyone other one player

Ill never have gf how do you even get a gf

espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/09/college-football-no-3-louisville-no-5-clemson-highlights-three-top-10-throwdowns-espnabcs-historic-week-5-schedule/

>the female commentator does the 10pm game
RIP Pac-12 after dark

youtube.com/watch?v=uq-v1TTUyhM

"Memphis is out" is the only factual thing in this entire post.

>The Big 12 will only take established teams that are already successful.
Unless you know of a way for the Big 12 to take teams from the SEC, then by definition they have to take G5 teams, you fucking imbecile.

>Everyone knows that BYU is the really smart choice
No, nobody knows this. Because it's false. Because you define "smart" as "WVU needs a travel partner. Utah is near West Virginia, right?"

>A BLOO BLOO, MUH SECULAR ETHICS
You're really going to accuse a conference based in TEXAS of being anti-religious? Even retarded people think you're retarded. Drink bleach.

Did you just not watch football last weekend?

>female commentator
>after dark

Um, I'm good with it. Just gotta stock up on hand lotion before Saturday.

Shower, lift, eat good, socialize, and join clubs to meet like minded people. Also if you browse Cred Forums (especially other boards like pol or b) on a regular basis you're not going to make it. Too much toxicity and abnormal thought processes developed by being here. get away mate

Poor ol' Ed. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

kek someone got fucking triggered

>They aren't looking for just any team or "muh TV market". They're looking for a broad fan base, a competitive football program, and a team that can actually carry their market. Houston fills all those spots, and possibly Cincinnati too. Taking any school in Florida not named UF or FSU is a risk, one that I'm not sure the Big 12 will take.
He was clearly talking about G5 teams. But only the best of G5 teams.

>tfw JoePa's conference never became reality
Only thing that could have kept NE football relevant desu

Does Cincinnati carry their market?
It's probably just aOSU fans

I do that shit but I dunno how to actually move to the next step of having gf. Thats issue.

Pretty much exactly like you said.

nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-map.html#9,38.988,-84.394

Now who knows, maybe with a higher profile conference schedule and more media money they could do a lot better. But as of now, they don't carry Cincinnati or even any sizeable portion of anywhere in Ohio.

But the record shows that WVU does carry their market. The Big 12 picked up every TV set in West Virginia and about a 1/5th of Maryland. Not a bad choice, given the choices available to the Big 12 at the time.

just be yourself man

>best of G5 teams
Unless he's cutting the list after the top 2, he's still a gibbering fucktard.

USF is 3-1 and gonna crush Cincy this weekend.

daniel "GOAT" carlson has been quoted as saying that anything from 65 yards in is easy for him
how can anyone even compete

>implying Wisconsin isn't about to run the table and win the natty

well fuck

Buffs.

RBs should split yards with Qbs on option plays and passes

Why is Washington so highly rated this year? I swear they're becoming the next Oregon. Stanford however is a legit team with great players.

Oklahoma isn't going to lose 1 more game this year

So, hypothetically, in the event that the ACC loses Notre Dame's cooperative schedule deal and they are back to 14 teams but seeking to expand to 16 to get in on the super conference meme, who is a prospective candidate for expansion?

Do they try to pick up more northern schools that no one cares about?
>UMass?
>UConn?
>Try to steal Maryland or some other bottom tier schools away from the B1G?

Or do they move south, deeper into SEC territory and try to bolster the already dominant Atlantic division? Would such a plan even work? And who would they pick up?
>Memphis?
>Southern Miss?

The last 5 years have been pretty damn disappointing, the worst 5 consecutive period under stoops...

Don't lose faith m8

We lost to fucking Nebraska last year who's worse than Wiscy and still made the playoffs

We're down but not out

You forgot Ohio State is a thing senpai. Even if Bama is better potentially, it's certainly not by a wide margin.

It's not like it matters anymore. Herbie is the only worthwhile commentator left. McDonough is gone, Spielman is gone, Nessler is gone, Musberger is demoted to SEC network. It's almost like they don't want us to enjoy any of the games. Fuck E!SPN

WOW You're retarded, it was clear what he was saying the WHOLE TIME

Yeah but you didn't get B T F O by Nebraska last year. Your team is looking like a poop nigga. I predict 8-4.

>Houston
>a broad fan base
They can't fill there own stadium 95% of the time.
>a competitive football program
ok
>and a team that can actually carry their market
they aren't though

Texas and Texas Tech

who are some players with cool names that didn't live up to the sound of their name?

johnny mccrary

As a representative of a B1G team fan, I propose a trade to the ACC. We will give you Maryland and Rutgers in exchange for Pitt. With some space cleared up on the East coast, hopefully the Big 12 can successfully poach Houston, BYU, and Memphis. With the westward expansion of the Big 12, there is less of a need for West Virginia, who can be placed in the B1G, restoring the Backyard Brawl with Pitt.

kek

I came into the conversation halfway through dumbass

>my face when people actually think the team with the best defense and a top 10 offense in the country will miss the playoffs next season

>Brandon Peters (objectively and statistically the best QB in the 2016 recruiting class, it isn't even debatable)
>Ty Isaac (best RB in the game who will be 100% healthy, unlike the entirety of last year. he will put up 1200+YDs/10+TDs/5.0YPC)
>Jake Butt (a top 3 TE already going into this season, 1000+YDs/7+TDs)
>Sean McKeon (literally a Jake Butt-clone)
>Amara Darboh (top 10 WR, 900+YDs/5+TDs)
>Jabril Peppers (a black guy trapped in a black's body, one of the smartest players in football, elite measurables, incredible upside)
>Kareem Walker (one of the fastest and most explosive players in football)
>Joe Beneducci (best blocking FB in country)

>Best pass rush in the B1G
>Best LB corp in the B1G
>Best secondary in the country
>Top 5 D-Line

Barring major injuries to key players, there is literally no way the Wolverines are missing the playoffs this season

The Michigan B1G championship drought ends in 2016-2017

You can't prove me wrong

Cap it

>Implying the SEC wouldn't pick up Texas
>Implying the ACC would be able to snag Texas Tech away from the PAC or whatever far western super conference would emerge in that scenario

Under Brian Kelly, Cincinnati developed a huge fan base considering it was in Ohio. Many even ended up liking UC over tOSU. Cincinnati imho is a smart choice with a power conference. Cincinnati can recruit if given a bigger conference. They did well considering they were part of the Meme East

And that's precisely why your rude awakening is on its way

Why isn't the Big 12 trying to liberate Clemson and Florida State from that basketball conference?

Doubt and no

Give reasons other than "no".
Cincinnati generated a lot of buzz under Kelly. Cincinnati is fertile recruiting grounds.

Because they're being bullied by the SEC and the media into believing the lie that their conference is disintegrating. They don't think they have the pull to draw teams away from another P5 conference the way the SEC and B1G do.

No one near where say Houston is now
Plus Ohio State still looms large

If Wisconsin can beat Michigan it may be a possibility. I see no way they beat Ohio State, but the rest of the schedule is quite doable. An 11 - 1 finish with a Big Ten championship would be a lock for the playoff.

They would, however, have to somehow get past Ohio State in the Big Ten championship game.

Tbh, the Big 12 doesn't have many options. As much as I want Cinci in a power conference, even I'm aware it's not an ideal choice. Thing is, there is none. Unless they somehow pry Notre Dame from the ACC.

True, true. I just don't have faith in O'Connor. I kind of hope he throws like 3 INTs in the first half this weekend, gets pulled but we still win.

We look fine other than at QB and a couple DBs.

We got BTFO by Iowa in 2010 and ND/Nebraska in 2011. 11 win seasons.

>tfw Southern Miss dropped Old Gold from their school colors because they didn't want to be confused with the nearby New Orleans Saints

Fucking piece of shit NFL team ruining my cfb aesthetics.

Notre Dame needs to drop the fucking act and just join the Big Ten already. Nebraska could go back to the Big 12, and along with BYU, the Big 12 would be in a much more powerful position in regards to its future.

it doesnt even look good in the first place, pipe down about your fcs-tier program

The problem with Notre Dame in the Big Ten is which division do you put them in? All of their meaningful B1G rivalries are in the East but that division is already overloaded with strong programs. It would be fucking retarded having Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Penn State in the same division while the other division is Nebraska, Wisconsin...crickets....

Notre Dame would never join a conference it couldn't be competitive in. The Big 12 is in enough of a mess that they could run the table early on. If Notre Dame joined the Big 10, they'd be middle/low tier. Like Minnesota tier. Whereas in the Big 12 they'd be.. Maybe below Oklahoma. They're too much of a pansy to join anything else. Plus muh network deals.

Nebraska would be unlikely to go back. They all hate Texas. I predict the Big 12 will dissolve and Texas goes independent.

U mad fambroni?

>tfw your winless alma mater beats your undefeated hometown school
Is there a more multifaceted feel in sports?

>implying Texas won't join the SEC and renew it's rivalry with A&M

literally who

Feels like they're more likely to be confused with Iowa, especially with that bird head logo.

Leaders and Legends 2.0

>I predict the Big 12 will dissolve and Texas goes independent.

Texas will not go independent. I wish this meme would die. Being indy post-1990s means you get ignored, your schedule ridiculed by poll voters, and you don't have a conference championship to pad your record.

Also the Big 12 isn't going anywhere. I don't know why you faggots place so much faith in obviously top heavy conferences like the PAC 12 and the B1G, and in the dogshit teams that make up over 50% of the SEC, but totally ignore a reinvented Baylor, a newly P5 TCU, a upset-maker in Texas Tech, a modern day blue blood in Kansas State under Bill Snyder, and a Okie State team that was in the running for a national championship* in 2011.

*(We all know Alabama didn't deserve to be in that game. Stop lying to yourselves.)

How's it feel to know that when Drew Brees retires, you team will be irrelevant for another 40 years?

REMOVE HAWKEYE

Losing to Iowa State results in automatic disqualification

Big fan of the Meme 12 eh? I don't have anything against them, I just see them as a shell of their former self. Yes Baylor has reinvented itself and TCU is pretty relevant... but ask yourself, has the Big 12 been very good outside of it's own conference these few years? Even the ACC looks better.

Big 12 lacks enough teams for a conference championship, suffers because of Texas and has lost 4 large school teams. TCU is a good addition I agree, but...

>WVU

Can you honestly say the Big12 can be saved at this point? And how do you do it? By robbing Conference USA of 2 more teams or just remaining 10 and praying to God you get a spot in the CFP every.. 5 years.

No divisions
Just a rotating carousel of opponents

Losing your division and conference results in automatic disqualification

See this is my problem with all the doom and gloom talk of the Big 12. It's all shortsighted. The Big 12 has missed the CFP so far? Who the fuck cares? There's only been 2 so far. In the past 6 years two Big 12 teams have competed for or been considered for a national championship.
>Texas, 2010 BCS game
>OSU, 2011 #3 final ranking, 12-1 record

Oh how quick /cfb/ is to forget.

In short run the SEC looks great because of Saban and expansion. But what happens when Saban retires and the expansion teams fail to deliver, as they're currently doing? LSU, Georgia, MSU, Auburn, and Florida are all underwhelming to the say very least. Unless Ole Miss somehow becomes the new Bama after Saban retires, the SEC is set to become pretty damn boring in the years to come.

And in regards to how to "save" the Big 12, they just need the right expansion teams and for Texas to regain its national contender status. Just like Alabama in low spells makes the SEC look weak, so does a weak Texas for the Big 12. And C-USA is a no-go. Apart from Marshall and Southern Miss, there's nothing worth stealing from that conference anymore.

that Oklahoma State team lost to an awful Iowa State team and needed refball to beat K State

It's not so shortsighted when you think about it. The CFP system heavily favors teams that play 13 games.

I understand Texas is in a down stretch, but all things considered they've been disappointing for almost a decade. The B1G had the same issues, but expansion surely helped. Plus there always seemed to be a team to fall back on, even if they're overrated (MSU). It doesn't matter whose better at this point, the Big12 needs to expand and needs at least 1 blue blood to make up for Texas.

that Alabama team lost to LSU in the worst offensive showing in the history of college football and padded their schedule with wins against an FCS team and a Kent State team that would finish 5-7 that year

Beating FCS teams and Kent State > Losing to Iowa State

Losing Nebraska and Colorado was a blow, no one is arguing that. Losing A&M and Mizzou would not have been that bad, had they not come immediately after the first 2-team exodus.

Oklahoma meets that criteria for the team to fall back on. Oklahoma is consistently pre-season ranked, and every year people pin their hopes for the Big 12 on the Sooners.

>SECSECSEC

>Army has as many wins as OU, ND, and USC combined

Can I pay one of you guys to kneecap Tyler O'Connor and save MSU's season?

It would be great if he ran off after getting crushed by Michigan this year.

>how will you feel when your team will be irrelevant
probably the same as your fans do

>any of this
kys and your retarded predictions

It's getting tougher and tougher

Post yfw Butch Jones now has a better record over 30 games than his mentor Brian Kelly

>people think Louisville is better than Clemson

Lol

UL leads in every statistical category. Also Clemson nearly lost to Troy.

Let's watch the game Saturday and find out.

One of our teams is going to win a championship this year. (hint: the buzzards)

Who /Zips/ here?

Big 12 took WVU because they're a historically decent/good program. They're top 20 all time in wins and rank 3rd in all time win percentage in the Big 12 behind Texas and Oklahoma.

They took them because of Oli Luck

>"I've known David forever. He likes to talk. He gets a little bit confused sometimes," Pickens told the Statesman."

sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/09/27/osus-boone-pickens-suggests-time-ou-president-david-boren-retire

Boren confirmed for alzheimers. Donors give him the boot within a year, OU gets a president who wants to play ball, and the Big 12 finally expands in earnest. Cap it.

How will Lamar do against Clemson? Is he just going to be another one of those September memes?

I see that user who gets buttfrustrated by the sight of WV is back, anyway, how you all feeling about your games this week?
>Cautiously optimistic for playing smoo

>cautious
>playing SMU

Hey Templefag, how do you feel about potentially losing Houston to the Big 12? Who would you like to see the AAC expand with?

Simple solution:

>16 teams into 8 conferences
>two divisions per conference
>each team must play everyone in their conference (7 games) plus at least two from the opposing conference
>3 open dates to play whoever they want (traditional rivals from other conferences, etc)

>8 team playoff
>top 4 ranked conference champs are seeded
>next top 4 ranked teams not already seeded are seeded

Why arent we doing this?

Should have read "16 teams per conference across 8 conferences"

Hang on wait i fucked up

>16 teams per conference into 8 conferences
>two divisions per conference
>each team must play everyone in their DIVISION (7 games) plus at least two from the opposing DIVISION in the same conference

There we go.

I don't think the issue is that Boren is senile or anything. I think Oklahoma actively wants to find a new home (the fans and regents both aren't exactly fond of the Big 12) and anything that makes the conference look more dysfunctional helps on that front. Boren flip flopping and sending mixed messages about expansion that could even turn off potential candidates makes the conference look less stable and potentially gives Oklahoma an excuse to shop itself.

Because the SEC would never be satisfied with 8 conferences. They want 4. And having 4 super conferences would leave a lot of G5 and a couple P5 teams out of the spotlight and out of the playoffs conversation.

This would would have worked in the pre-digital age where one one could put 2 & 2 together, but now every cfb fan, AD, coach, and school president is on the internet where they can see Boren's every documented move and word. He can't bluff the Big 12 into dissolving when the Texas schools and OSU want to keep it around for as long as possible.

here
That and, really, Okie Lite might be wise to muzzle Pickens or make some sort of apology or something. If your contingency plan for if the shit hits the fan is to ride big brother's coattails to another major conference it's not all that smart to piss them off or take shots at their leadership.

The whole state law thing might be murky, but you can bet your ass every politician in Oklahoma and OSU alum nationwide would fight up to the Supreme Court to keep the two schools in the same conference.

its about money and tradition, not finding the most satisfying way to claim a national champion

I don't know if they're actually bound by state law. There's nothing I'm aware of that REQUIRES them to be in the same conference even though they've been together for about 60 years now. There's nothing in the state constitution that binds them and they're completely separate systems with no overlap in regents. From what I can tell the only stumbling blocks are that the governor does have the ability to shoot down a move if they think it's not in the state's "best interests" and there's a lot of overlap between the two schools (e.g. Boren founded OSU's veterinary school, which is still named after him, while governor and while Hargis, OSU's President, got his JD from OU) so they may be hesitant to separate. So while they'd probably prefer to stay together and the governor could step in if thought necessary, there's nothing that would require Oklahoma to say no or try to make room for Oklahoma State if they were in a hypothetical situation where there was only one seat left on the last lifeboat out.

How come Texas-aTm and Mizzou-Kansas aren't yearly rivalry games?

Because Texas said fuck you to A&M after they left for supposedly greener pastures as another schedule filler in the SEC West.

Exactly. They may not have a binding restriction from the OK state government preventing them, but there would be lawsuits if OU tried to break up the family.

Kansas said it would be an easy win for Mizzou football so they don't want to continue it

Lamao will be known as the biggest September meme of all time. Clemson will expose Louisville hard.

>but there would be lawsuits if OU tried to break up the family.

I don't know. I just can't see the grounds on which a suit would have a chance of succeeding unless there are circumstances where you can show Oklahoma was dealing with Oklahoma State in bad faith and even then it would be tough as, apart from a conference-wide Grant of Rights, there is no contractual link keeping the schools together (even then the contract in question would be between Oklahoma and the Big 12, not Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, so there could be standing issues regardless). There's no statutory requirement keeping them in the same conference either.

Then there's the fact that litigation is a complete relationship killer. If Oklahoma State sues because Oklahoma tried to go elsewhere and they lose in court there's a good chance the Bedlam series could end... permanently. Even if the governor and legislature managed to smooth things over that's a process that would take years as you'd have to rebuild that bridge from the ground up. A fan or a booster couldn't bring suit because, from a legal standpoint, they don't have standing.

I think the whole thing would be a moot point though. Oklahoma has shown that even they view joining another conference without Oklahoma State as something of a last resort. When Texas A&M went to the SEC there was a lot of talk that Oklahoma would go with them but they lost that opportunity because they dragged their feet too long trying to find a way to bring Oklahoma State with them, so Missouri got the invite instead. In a situation where Oklahoma tried to get a spot for them both but it's apparent their only way in was by themselves and they ultimately went I can't see a lawsuit. If that happened I'd be more concerned about the governor trying to step in and block Oklahoma from going by themselves as THAT could lead to a suit because letting both sink instead of one getting a lifeboat isn't in the schools' collective "best interests."

>your
im not an oklahoma fan

Thats your fault you fuckin retard

>Big 12 lacks enough teams for a conference championship
the rules have changed now, big 12 gets a conference championship game with 10
I don't know why you people think the Big 12 is going to expand for sure. They are literally only doing it to get more money from ESPN. If every big 12 school doesn't benefit it won't happen this time around.

These have been slightly above average in accuracy

>Implying Clempshit won't get 100 scored on them

Oh I like where this is going.

Fuck score, how accurate has the sim been in deciding the winner?

I think it I had done straight up I would lead Cred Forums
But like I went 4-6 last week but only got 15 points

That 8 minute quarter lasted 13 minutes
Btw this game is notorious for hating the run
McCaffrey 9 rushes for 13 yards

McCaffrey is now 12 carries for 26 yards

McCaffrey now has 20 carries for 76 yards

Washington now down only by a touchdown

Ballgame right here

But that's wrong. Texas would murder a coon to get A&M back on their schedule, especially recently since they've sucked ass. A&M has never wanted to renew the rivalry since Texas tried to fuck them when the Longhorns tried to bolt the first time.

They manage to score, but can they get the ball back?

They can't
McCaffrey after a very poor first half ends up with 116 yards off of 27 carries and 1 TD

I live in Ohio and the MAC is garbage-tier. Tied with the Sunbelt for worst conference in my opinion. I assume Mountain West schools actually have fans. Thats not true for MAC schools. The MAC should just move down to FCS already

Texas doesn't even consider A&M a rivalry. And they haven't for a long time. That's why the Red River Shootout is so hyped and why its played at a neutral site. That's Texas' real rivalry. A&M was just another conference game against a podunk team whose fans ritually jack off in a jar.

2 Texas AD's have declared from 2011 on that they have no interest in scheduling or playing Texas A&M again. Mack Brown stayed silent on the issue and Charlie Strong is only in favor of the game because beating A&M would boost his popularity.

sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/2/5571774/texas-texas-a-m-non-rivalry-timeline

Don't blabber on about things you know nothing about.

Alabama's backup redshirt freshman qb, Blake Barnett, is transferring. Where will he go and when can he be eligible to play if he goes out of conference?

First from the pick'em

>loses quarterback battle
>transfers
poosie niggas scared of competition

It's only been 4 weeks. Pathetic.

>Where will he go and when can he be eligible to play if he goes out of conference?
when you transfer you're ineligible for the next season, so he's gonna have to sit out his junior year and comeback as a senior and hopefully start.

should just go JUCO instead of wasting a year on the bench doing nothing, he'll still have a year of eligibility left anyways

Is there even any point in playing out the rest of the season when it's obvious that Louisville is going to win it all with ease?

Im genuinely curious, do you think they can beat an Alabama, Ohio State, etc caliber team?

Barnett is a RS FR now, meaning he would have to sit out his RS SO year (2017) and be eligible again his RS JR year so he could play in 2018 and 2019.

Anyways, going to a juco would be pointless. It would be better for him to spend a year studying the offense his next school runs and working as the scout QB against their first string defense instead of fucking around at some juco while risking injury.

oh my bad i thought he was a sophomore
>leaving me in charge of not being retarded

Not him but I think Louisville could beat Alabama or Ohio State. I'm not saying they would BTFO those teams or that they have 100% chance of winning but it isn't a mismatch. Lamar Jackson is a better version of Johnny Manziel, a player who rekt Saban's defense twice.

He's going to Florida

I imagine he's going to want to go back home out West. I think his fiancee is out there too. Good thing he wifed her up now, shes way out of his league. I give it a couple years.

Barnett will go to Cal or some shit and be a Cal offense baby

>missed a week in pick'em
>still probably wouldn't be in the top 50%
just kill me

yes

do we not have an eliminator league for college football? or does that thing just not exist

A what?

I think they're also called survivor leagues? you make just one pick each week but you can't pick the same team again for the rest of the season, so it's more strategic.

That seems unfair given cupcakes

it would probably only work if you only had so many teams you were allowed to pick during the whole season, not from all of FBS

You could still pick cupcakes

you can do the same thing in the NFL eliminator, but doing it for every week without being wrong or using the same team twice, it's still hard to get a perfect score.

nice sock bruh

what do you mean too elite?

Forgot to add
>having letters as logos

Still worse for college

>rektxas

Would Harbaugh go for a 4th and inches at the opponent's 3?
This game says nah

what if you had to make multiple picks per week since there's more FBS teams than the NFL, and you still can't reuse any of them?

Looks like a pretty exciting game so far lad.

You're still avoiding the biggest problem
Teams scheduling wins (doesn't just mean FCs teams)

even if there's more of a talent disparity in games it still going to punish you in the end if you dont pick smart and look ahead to make sure you save everyone for the right week. having a perfect season in eliminator is not uncommon it just means you have to think well and know football.

What is the best name in college football currently and why is it Darius Slayton?

I don't see how Okie States defense could hold Texas to 17 points. Not realistic whatsoever

does wisconsin stand a chance?

Didn't realize this hadn't been posted

Or you know where the cupcakes are

Iowa State blanked them last year
Granted new offense but it could switch off easily

Harbaugh is regretting not going for it on 4th & inches

Having said that, here's the ballgame

It's over
Michigan hangs on

Iowa State blanked them out because Texas was plagued with injury. Worse than any FCS team

Butch Jones just led tennessee to victory against arch rival florida for the first time in like a dozen years, his job is safe for at least a year or two just for that.

Les is going to USC

no he isn't you dumb faggot

Yes

I'm a tripfag and i said so

I'm from the past and Texas Tech will lose to Arizona State

cap this

i'm from the further past
mike leach gets fired before the bowl game
tuberville replaces him

No way, it's not like he'd ever piss off ESPN THAT bad.

I'm from even further past, 2008 to be exact, and bullshit Mike Leach is iconic. He is texas tech they would never fire him. If it weren't for those illiterate faggot refs we would've just beaten pississippi in the cotton bowl

>499

NEW THREAD:

>500

GOOD ONE, TODD

>being happy with 8 wins a year every year, forever

Not at this level. GTFO.

Lived in Austin several years, you longhorns are laughably delusional.
>give up 97 points in 2 games to mediocre teams this year
>threatening anyone

Top kek

Really? You found a way to blame "fucking liberals" for religions secularism in the big 12? Do you know where the big 12 is? Goddammit you're a retard son