Tyson Fury: Eddie Hearn does not think heavyweight champion will fight again

World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury will never fight again, leading British promoter Eddie Hearn has said.

Fury, 28, has withdrawn from his rematch with Wladimir Klitschko, scheduled for 29 October, because of reported mental health issues.

The Englishman, who has not fought since beating Klitschko last November, postponed the original rematch in June.

"Fury will be stripped of his titles and, after a legal battle, he'll say: 'No more, I'm done'," said Hearn.

"It's going to be really messy and it might take a year to resolve. I know there are sensitivities around mental health issues but this is a business.

"The governing bodies have had enough. The world heavyweight title is a huge part of their business and they've not made any money from it for a year."

Fury beat Klitschko on points in Germany - the Ukrainian's first loss since 2004 - to pick up the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO titles, with American Deontay Wilder holding the WBC belt.

Within two weeks Fury was stripped of the IBF title because he was unable to fight mandatory challenger Vyacheslav Glazkov - and that belt is now held by Fury's fellow Briton Anthony Joshua.

bbc.com/sport/boxing/37465746

Thoughts?

(((mental health issues)))

pikey faggot knows his win against klitschko was a fluke

He knows he's done. He knows he'll never beat a good fighter ever again. Cutting his losses and retiring is smart.

>Obvious fluke is obvious

Why do we care so much about the rematch? The first match was miserable.

Eddie Hearn is a faggot. And as for that last Fury Klitschko fight being shit, all heavyweight fights are terrible.

It could be improved if they allowed wrestling get CM Punk involved.

They weren't before.

>All these clinchko faggots mad their slav looked like a punching bag against the brave Tyson Fury

What's honesty the biggest problem facing boxing today?

>haven't fought in over a year
>July fight postponed
>October fight postponed
>he used to rag on Haye for postponing fights

What a piece of shit.

This just allows for history revisionists to act like Bitchko was at all competitive in his defeat

canelo being a pussy and not fighting englands brave gerald golovkin

Its not MMA

Watch any interview with him. He's a textbook case of borderline personality disorder.

>tfw no AJ v Fury black/white north/south babyface/heel rivalry

It's all a bit strange and
>"Fury will be stripped of his titles and, after a legal battle, he'll say: 'No more, I'm done'," said Hearn.
>"It's going to be really messy and it might take a year to resolve.
makes it sound even stranger

Plenty of boxers with mental issues, I wonder wtf has happened there and if his 'mental health' is really behind all this. Can't understand it unless he's developed a full blown schizophrenia since his last fight and can no longer function in any way

shouldn't be a big deal for a boxer,much less one that has already made a career and managed to be a champion. The sport is full with all kinds of mental problems

>He said: ‘If this is what boxing’s doing, I don’t want it.’”
It's not what boxing's going, but being a famous man and having opinions on homosexuality and women. nothing to do with boxing.

>giving a shit about (((boxing))) in 2016

Promoters

Way too many orgs

There should be 1 main belt for each weight rather than 4

Defeats are too costly for fighters these days, so all of the biggest names avoid each other for as long as they possibly can.

Hearn is just trying to goad Fury into fighting again, by calling him weak in the media.

>GGG vs. Jacobs have a legit chance of happening on December 10th
>Jacobs is going to get paid $3M

Jesus. HBO is going to be losing so much money. Even if GGG is fighting for free.

Not true at all, Klitschko was out boxed and didn't know how to deal with a bigger man working the jab and controlling the range. Fury exposed him and if he had just got himself in shape I would of had no problem backing him again. Fury is a fool though this fight was for £5 million, if he can't get his head in the game for £5 million then he probably won't fight again

Why does this get brought up in every boxing thread? Boxing is actually doing pretty good at the moment, you never see MMA threads being plagued with 'why is UFC so bad?'

Yeah Eddie had the AJ mega fight planned so Fury quitting fucks him over on a big pay day

Why does Fury always have to ruin everything?

To many associations. Shit needs to be condensed into one overall body.

Isn't Fury a gypsy?

because MMA is actually expanding and gaining new fans and respect in the realm of sport

>fighters chase money above all else
>the best never fight the best

posting a KO that happened in MMA

that's not mma

le ruse
i am replying to your post

what a bum

too bad mma peaked in 2009-2010

Hos family are gypsies but he's about as much of a gypsy as the queen. He grew up in a gated community in cheshire and went to private school.

>I know there are sensitivities around health issues but this is a business.

He meant the WBA and WBO are going to want to strip him if he can't fight so they can get their sanctioning fees.

He may also get banned for nandrolone next month so his lack of motivation might be partly a cover story.

>the best never fight the best

Usual casual bollocks. Carl Frampton vs Leo Santa Cruz is the best fighting the best, Anthony Crolla vs Jorge Linares is the best fighting the best, James DeGale vs Badou Jack (scheduled for late November) is the best fighting the best.

Not all of boxing is GGG vs Canelo.

>''''retires'''
>Gayjay unifies the division destroying hughie along the way
>fury forced to come out of retirement to win his belts back and stop the aj wankfest
>whole world is against him and everybody thinks he's just some memeing gyppo
>huge fight at Wembley

Put your money on a fury redemption story

He'll come out of retirement because he's going to piss away all his money over the next 3 years, get to 30 and think what a wally should of took the £10 million that was on the table. The only question is if he gets a drug ban forcing him out until then.