If you had a kid, would you agree for him to play American football?

If you had a kid, would you agree for him to play American football?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kałuszyn
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mokra
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bzOoE0Wicf8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tOCtUFwxsFU
pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/new-87-deceased-nfl-players-test-positive-for-brain-disease/
ibtimes.co.uk/nearly-all-american-football-players-nfl-could-have-rare-brain-disease-1520430
blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/is-football-to-blame-for-players-suicides/
newscientist.com/article/dn24420-brain-damage-in-american-football-linked-to-head-trauma/
theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/09/researchers-find-brain-damage-in-96-percent-of-former-nfl-players/406462/
newyorker.com/tech/elements/how-damaged-are-n-f-l-players-brains
journalistsresource.org/studies/society/public-health/sports-related-concussions-head-injuries-what-does-research-say
mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/expert-answers/sitting/faq-20058005
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. Not because I'm scared of cte but because it's a shit sport

this

its only 11 minuets a week so why not

I would allow my wife's son D'Shawn to play but not my own son.

kek

>11 minuets

can you get a cuntcushion from ballroom dancing?

>I want to watch my son commit suicide in his 30s
>I want to watch my son give his all to go pro in a sport less than 1% of people go pro in
>I want to watch my son blow out his knee and spend the rest of his life with a cane
>I want to watch my son get screamed at in the middle of summer by an obese ex-backup-QB who never amounted to anything

>2016
>having kids

sure. why not?

no.
Football coaches for kids are the absolute worst people you will ever meet. They give favoritism to their own kids and usually have anger issues, which seeps into the game.
I played football for a year and was a wide receiver and a linebacker, only because the coaches sons couldn't throw for shit to me.
The sport is full of reckless people who think letting children tackle each other in pads is an alright thing.
It didn't used to be this way, but sadly it is.

If you want your kid to play a sport, pick something like hockey.

If the parents won't let their kids play football, is the sport, dare I say, actually dying?

there's really no point to play it until 9th grade

yeah just not some retarded position like running back

sounds like you want your kid to be a never was like you

I have two sons. One wants to play baseball and the other wants to box and play baseball.

this

Ziggy Ansah didn't even play until college. Playing before 9th grade just ensures that you'll injure yourself out of ever getting a spot on a team.

Fuck that. It's infiltrated with dumb niggers at every level at this point. The dumb google parents are even worse. If my kid wants to play a contact sport, it's going to be either hockey or lacrosse, but mainly lacrosse since I'm also not going to drop thousands of dollars on orthodontics just for some goon to knock his teeth out.

>Put kid in concussionball
>Hit so hard he becomes retarded
>Scoop up twice the autism bux from the government
>?????
>Profit

>The sport is full of reckless people who think letting children tackle each other in pads is an alright thing.
My god millenials are pussies. When I was a kid we played full tackle w/o pads or helmets.

PUHleeze. Most NFL players are fighting there way out of poverty. For lots of them it's football, low paying wage slaving, or incarceration. They know this. Their mother's do too.

All of this made up (((media))) nonsense to try snd get their clamps into the NFL to influence them politically. (see bogus national anthem debate. See bogus Redskins debate etc.)

once he gets to high school then yeah

>When I was a kid we played full tackle w/o pads or helmets.
William Taft pls go

Sorry millennial baby. Have your mommy go on her Facebook group and see if she can set up a divegrass play-date for you.

whats it like using gas lamps and telegraphs

I'd let my wifes son but not my own.

What's it like to grow up like a pussy who can't play unsupervised sports with your friends?

>b-but muh e-sports

Dude have respect for your ancestors. It's already nice we have an old timer here, don't freak him out

>muh millienials
Your football days are over gramps get over it youre just average joe worker 1000

Oldheads like you are why People are turning to soccer

your projections are as brittle as your bones, old man

No, he will play normal football, like everyone else. Then, in the winter, he can go cross-country skiing.

When I was a kid your slut mom would've been dragged out and lynched for sucking nigger cocks every day.

Why don't you go waddle over to your computers and 'play' FIFA. Wouldn't want to take a chance of getting her.

Oh that's right they're banning headers from your beloved divegrass.

Wake up youngsters. Your generation is run by women and fags.

when i was a kid we made footballs out of injun scalps, nails and spare brass .45-70 casings

who's fault is that, should of raised us better you fucking cucks

Women and fags are legitmately a better option than misogynist internet virgins and old white men that havent had a new or forward thinking thought in 30 years

OLD MEN AND WHITES ARE OVER, GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEAD GRAMPS

This guy has erectile dysfunction and male pattern baldness.

>who's
>should of
Wow, you're incredibly stupid.

didnt you get occupied in like 48 hours in 1940

No me and his daddy #2 would only allow him to play safe and mentally stimulating sports like soccer as long as we live in an open minded and progressive town like Seattle.

The Battle of Narvik was the first battle that Hitler lost in the war. Read a history book.

I'm gen x not baby boomer.

Honestly though it's sad. When I was a kid we'd meet up with friends in the neighborhood and play unsupervised full contact football all day. No pads. No helmets. Everyone was fine.

Stop buying into media bullshit.

>grow up playing euroball
>go up for a header and get smashed in the head by dudes foot going for an overhead clearance
>get concussion
>get brain damage
>be legitimate retard

all sports can be dangerous play whatever you want to play

Do you have a tumblr I could check out?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kałuszyn

first battle the Germans lost happened on September 11th, read a history book you fuckwit yuro

Spelt September 1st wrong

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mokra

How do millenials even divide up teams for their divegrass play-dates now that gender is a spectrum?

Fat kid still plays in goal. That is non-negotiable

by seeing who can put the most boomers in retirement homes

But like 3/4 of you are fat.

>play basketball
>get enlarged heart

>play divegrass
>get concussions from headers or banging heads competing for one

>play baseball
>get a line drive to the face, blow out your elbow, or get beaned enough times to break a few bones

>play football
>get CTE

>play hockey
>get a puck to the face or CTE from all the checks and fights

your only safe option is golf desu

>walk around open fields
>carry larger metal rod
>get struck by lightning

Yeah, real safe sport you've got there, Champ

There's always knitting. Probably a more suitable past time for millennial 'men'.

top notch bantz, bongbro

Kids today can't even ride a fucking scooter without putting on a helmet. Shits ridiculous.

This, golf is comfy as fuck. I wish I would have started playing it earlier in life.

It's not that long ago. Shit, used play like that all the time in jr high (1998).

You do know kids playing without pads is better than them playing with pads, right? Less cushion means people don't tackle as hard.

You're just made because people poked holes in your retarded sports equipment. People get long term damage from any sport, but the thing about children is that their brains are developing still, and can be really fucked by concussions.

yes because I played and my little brother played and it was an essential part of our upbringing

Plz. The odds of a kid developing serious brain issues from contact sports is minuscule.

If they buy into the media bullshit, the odds of turning into a timid pussy with shit social skills is pretty high.

The equipment isn't the issue. It's the hours spent playing. Lots of young men CRAVE the physicality. It's natural.

god you're such a fucking pussy

Can confirm golf as fucking comfy. What other game can you play while also making money doing business, smoking cigars, drinking, AND have bantz with your friends?

I played throughout high school and college and you get to play some fucking nice courses, and the clothes make you look pretty sharp too.

No, you can't get a puck to the face in hockey. Cages are enforced very heavily and not wearing one in some circumstances is illegal (under 16 I think).Checking really depends on the age group, younger kids are discouraged from doing checks from behind. Also, fights in nearly every circumstance get you suspended in most leagues.
Just because they do it in the NHL does not mean they do it in other leagues.

>sure

>minuscule
Where's your source on that?

Only position I'd want them to play is kicker/punter, anything else is bad juju

How cucked by the (((media)))) are you exactly?

Jesus fucking christ.

This is pure media created nonsense. The ailments you'rwe referenceing happen mostly to profesional players who've been playing for years.

Most NFL players are fighting their way out of poverty. (like every violent sport ever).

They are facing issues far more serious than muh CTE boogeyman.

i don't get it

No because I am repulsed by everything related to advertisements.

And I'm filling a conditioning google captcha right now :^)

supposedly actual action time of n NFL game is 11 minutes.

LOL

if he wanted to

If you have a stopwatch and watch an American Handegg game, if you start and stop the clock when the ball is snapped and when the play ends (actual gameplay), it only averages out to about 11 minutes of action. Everything else is just commercials, replays, huddling up, halftime, clock running, pre-snap routines, etc.

Right? If it's a physical outgoing kid who wants to, let him play.

If it's a timid or disinterested kid, don't force him.

It's really not that hard once you dismiss the media's agenda.

nice vpn canacuck

parents who force their kids to do anything other than get decent to good grades at school are top pieces of shit, imo

>other than get decent to good grades at school
Even that is of questionable value. It teaches obedience and servitude.

im not talking about freaking out if they dont get all a's, just to be like 'do your homework and study for your test'.

A lot of us played tackle without pads in college. Shit was fun. Most of us played in high school too so people knew how to seriously do some damage.

This was in 2001.

If my kid wants to play football im sure as fuck going to teach him how to tackle properly. So sick of seeing arm tackles and people just launching themselves at ball carriers in college. Its ruining the game.

I'm coaching 1st grade football now. It's a lot of fun and a lot of laughs.

Biggest positive I see for it, is the kids get to learn to socialize and make friends and learn to play together.

I don't care how many games I win, as long as they have fun.

Fuck no

Football is fun to watch but from personal experience it'll wear on you if you're striving to be a pro

I rather have my kid play baseball or train in wrestling

This, but parents should also thrive their kids to have an active social life (invite friends), play a music instrument (which is a cool skill to have), and do a sport (to have them stay fit)

Hello NFL shill

Pic related/white team

Only equestrian dressage for my little rascals

Yeah, have fun raising losers.

How to save american football
1. Ban helmets and padding
2. Implement rugby tackling rules

cringe, yeah it's my fault your life sucks

sort your fucking life out

I am a fan of the NFL but even I know the sport is devoid of any athleticism. I want more for my children than needing an oxygen mask every time they need to jog more than 50 feet

This is how we teach tackling

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bzOoE0Wicf8

Hello millennial pussy who doesn't realize that the media has an agenda and is conditioning your beliefs.

Oh and also I teach this

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tOCtUFwxsFU

Kek. The A students wind up working for the C students.

>I am a fan of the NFL but even I know the sport is devoid of any athleticism.
The fuck are you talking about? WRs, DBs, LBs, TBs, TEs are some of the finest athletes in the world.

Doesn't seem to filter through, did you see that shit tackle attempt on Brissett when he rushed for that TD?

Yes football is the best sport ever

No way. He could be greatest talent ever but no way he touches a football. Try baseball, golf, anything safe.

I see a lot of shit tackles this week in college and pros. Packers linebacker thought just using his shoulder would bring down the rb.

Headers are only banned for 8 years old and younger if I remember correctly.
Most good coaches don't even bother teaching kids headers, it's not necessary at that age.

Anyways, why put your kid in a dangerous and dying sport when he could be hopping on the soccer bandwagon in America.

By what process do you think this happens? If you get C's in school, you're pretty much consigned to your state university at best.

There is no such thing as complete safety. What if your kid is pitching and takes a line drive to the head off an aluminum bat? Completely safe huh?

And golf isn't really a sport, and doesn't offer much in the way of exercise or bonding with peers.

People actually believe the media's bullshit? Unbelievable.

>me and fiance are th over 6 foot. So son should be really tall
>force him to become left handed
>train him in baseball
>even if he's mediocre can be picked up for being left handed
>make as much as a NFL starter even if he never starts
>.......profit

>Headers are only banned for 8 years old and younger if I remember correctly.
for now.

Smh. people have actually let the media, lawyers and women hijack sports.

I didn't make it up. It is an old adage.

IRL, the biggest success aren't employed, they do the employing.

Schools/degrees are not the be all and end all. A lot of smart masculine men who are very successful don't do well in school.

this has been true for a long time.

?
Just because one park league in America banned it did it doesn't mean it is banned

>Anyways, why put your kid in a dangerous and dying sport when he could be hopping on the soccer bandwagon in America.
People actually believe this? It's media bullshit.

Why are millenials so feminine?

No because peewee football is a money pit. Most, if not all youth sports are rackets.

>My god millenials are pussies. When I was a kid we played full tackle w/o pads or helmets.

That's bullshit unless you only mean informal backyard-style games. Any organized league was loaded up with equipment.

>>Anyways, why put your kid in a dangerous and dying sport when he could be hopping on the soccer bandwagon in America.

>American discovers the young generation is the next dominant one, and there is nothing he can do about it

>That's bullshit unless you only mean informal backyard-style games.
Yes. Duh.

Give me a break. Take a look at F500 management, banking, law firms, etc. Management/partners overwhelmingly went to good schools. Maybe your local whatever bullshit business owner went to some shitty school, but that's not true at the top.

Good luck getting headers before 10. Kids literally don't know how to do aerial balls at this age.

>dominant
kek. I mean I guess that's true by default. But I'm not sure I'd call a bunch of fat, media addicted, socially autistic, hen-pecked, feminized numales 'dominant'.

Agreed

Bingo.

Masculinity is dangerous goy.

>>Oldheads like you are why People are turning to soccer

>The United States finally turning to a relevant sport

How is this a bad thing?

The guys who own the business aren't good students though. A lot of innovators aren't either.

Many fields that have clear quantifiable results, don't follow that paradigm either. (good trial attorneys, successful traders, top sales people, tech innovators etc.)

But keep following orders. Have fun in your cubicle.

Like it or not, their values will be their society values, they'll raise their kids their ways, and we both will be old bitter conservatives whining about their ancient ways.

It's not one league, it's the governing body for USA soccer making this decision for youth soccer.

Back to your containment board

You're honestly surprised that not all successful people respond 'how high' when told to jump?

Successful traders and good trial attorneys all overwhelmingly went to good schools. Look at where Susman or Boies lawyers went to school. Look at where Goldman partners went. Most tech innovators also went to Stanford, Caltech, MIT, etc. You are objectively wrong. Not following orders is fine, but you can just as easily not follow orders with a Harvard degree.

Sure thing cuck. And they'll do away with gender and the patriarchy and white privlage too.

>t-the media!
>t-shirt agenda!

Christ are you going to say the same two things over and over and over again?

Look Grandpa, HANDEGG's death will arrive in full force. Especially when you old fucks croak. And thank God, now this country can actually focus on being relevant on a sport that EVERYONE watches instead of one that no one outside the United States watches.

Somewhat true. Not always. Look at the guys who have their own hedge funds. Look at guys who have successful tech start-ups. Look at the BOSSES, not the high-ranking employees.

Is this for real? Do heterosexual millennial men have the personalty of middle aged soccer moms?

>NFL won't comply to globalist bank controlled media's political agenda
>media declares war against football (and really masculinity in general)

The only question I have is if Cred Forums is filled with shills or just freelance gullible pussies.

>masculine

How is this being like a "soccer mom" ? If I'm going to force my kid to play any sport, it will probably be football(You know, the one played with your feet?) Because he will atleast be more athletic than most HANDEGG players.

I don't understand you old hags. If you get straight A's you're a loser, if you don't play the anthem as your wake up alarm thing you're un-American (Not destroying the flag, that is unacceptable) , and if you don't play HANDEGG your automatically a pussy why do you have the same mentality from 1955?

If you go to a top 20 college maybe.

For the other 95% of the populkation, paying 6 figures for a useless degree isn't really the best idea.

lot's of successful people don't go the college/degree route. it's antiquated.

>And thank God, now this country can actually focus on being relevant on a sport that EVERYONE watches instead of one that no one outside the United States watches.
kek. Mexico City and London franchises coming soon.

Are they going to try the whole "HANDEGG Europa" thing again? Because that is just the NFL signing off on a loss.

>Because he will atleast be more athletic than most HANDEGG players.
hahahaha.....PUHleeze. Maybe the linemen.

>If you get straight A's you're a loser,

more like mindlesy paying tuition for what have become overvalued to straight up useless degrees might not be the best idea.

>if you don't play the anthem as your wake up alarm thing you're un-American (Not destroying the flag, that is unacceptable)

This is a made up media issue. No one gives a fuck. it's a way to inject their political agenda into sports during the election.

>b-but it's the current year!

They're playing in London on Sunday. It will be sold out.

Nope. I doubt he'd see or hear much about it in my house anyway.

No hockey either. Too expensive.

You go take a look at top hedge funds and tell me where those guys went to school. Take a look at Dan Och or Ray Dalio. Sure, not everybody went to an Ivy or equivalent, but mostly, they did.

I don't believe these are real posters. How is it that everyone itt is like football is too dangerous, and yesterday there where literally thousands and thousands of posts about the NFL games?

really makes you think.

Yep. There will be thousands more tonight too.

Shills are real. The war against football is real. It's not a crazy conspiracy theory.

>Shills are real. The war against football is real. It's not a crazy conspiracy theory.
Agreed. What I see ITT is not what I see IRL. AT ALL.

In my case, it's not that it's dangerous. Any sport can be dangerous. I just don't care for it.

Fair enough. But what if you had say a 14 year old who was into it and wanted to play?

It's because of decentralized media. The NFL is now one of the most important media platforms in the world.

They (globalists) want control and influence. Hence all the anti-football bullshit.

I have zero doubt that legit shills posted in this thread.

>I have zero doubt that legit shills posted in this thread.

Soccer is shit and the ramped up shilling through sports media (E!spn is the biggest offender) and advertising (I can't go 30 minutes without seeing a soccer-related ad anymore) just make me dislike the sport even more.

I'd let him play whatever he wanted desu.

Just being curious, did you ever watch a soccer game?

>the ramped up shilling through sports media (E!spn is the biggest offender)
ESPN aka Disney is out of control.

Football isn't dying. TV and centralized media are dying.

What? You are French? Why not put your kids to rugby instead?

London
Tokyo
Mexico City
Sao Paulo
Hong Kong/Shanghai
Paris
Sydney

These are the countries the NFL is interested on having an International division created before 2030 or 2035.

Yes. I watched parts of the 2014 world cup. Not even the US could pull me in.

Those aren't countries, those are cities. Also two divisions with those cities would be a logistical nightmare.

London and Mexico City would be easy.

The rest I don't see happening anytime soon.

Everyone I know who praticed rugby was injured. At amateur level it's just an excuse to hurt ppl.

Also the sport doesn't appeal to me.

I'd be disappointed as hell he didn't choose Soccer, but whatever keeps him from becoming a fucking a thug or a druggie or a baby daddy I suppose. Plus, if he is good enough he could pay his own college tuition.

Tokyo could get an NFL team very soon after the Olympics. The NFL definitely needs the eastern market before anything changes.

Tokyo is easy too.

Didn't they scrap a game in China? What was that about?

The game is slated next year but I'm not too sure.

Meh you get injuries in every sport: football, handball, athletics etc. But if you're willing to put your kid to play american football but not rugby, you're not really logic at all.

they're STILL shilling. Scary.

It's fucked up, and I know it's not all jews, but this isn't that far from the truth.

Of course. But I'm also putting him in wrestling and boxing when he's real young.

But likely I'll never have kids. Kind of a bummer 2bh lads.

I didn't say I'd stop the kid from playing. If it keeps him off the streets and becoming a low-light thug then whatever. Bonus points if he can pay for his college.

I only said that I would be disappointed if he didn't choose Soccer. How is this shilling?

media/banks/globalists want the eyeballs on a platform THEY control/influence.

They've been trying to get their claws in the NFL for years (Redskins, domestic abuse, CTE, the anthem etc.)

Stop! Too much sense in this post!

Rugby, atleast from what observed, is too complicated for Americans. In HANDEGG the rules are simple

>No Helmet to Helmet
>Four tries to get more tries.
>No passing the ball back after 5 Yards.

Etc.

Is this the opinion thread on whether inwould let my kid play handegg, or am I in the /conspiracy/ board?

>No passing the ball back after 5 Yards

This isn't a rule

It's not a conspiracy. NFL coaches have referenced the media's war against football.

Yep. At this point is not even debatable. It's deliberate and concentrated propaganda.

My bad, I was thinking forward but typed the opposite.

wouldn't let him play

Sorry I don't understand your greentext. What do you mean by "four tries to get more tries"? A try is just a simple try. Some championships have this bonus point rule, that if you score three or more tries more than your opponent, you get one point "offense bonus" from the win, in the league table.

Still, USA would make a great rugby nation if it was more popular: doing great as a Top 20 ranked team and a regular quest at world cups, even though the popularity lags behind a dozen other sports.

no prob. 5 yards has nothing to do with it. the rule is you can't pass the ball forward beyond the line of scrimmage.

>.05 cents have been deposited into your account

Look, both my cousin played rugby. One got face smashed (also broken nose), and the other got shin injury.

there are injuries in EVERY sport.

I knocked a kids front teeth out hitting a line drive back to pitcher which hit him in the face.

I broke my ankle playing soccer.

I broke a kids nose wrestling.

it's not the end of the world. NO sport is 100% safe. It's media created nonsense.

I means down. You get four downs to get passed 10 yards to get 4 more downs

Is the NFL popular in Japan?

Waste of time and health.

I'd encourage them to play soccer or basketball, I say this as a big football fan, I've just come to realize the futility of it

I play rugby myself, so I'm aware of the dangers. But in addition I've played football and basketball. One gets injuries in every sport, my biggest problem is an old knee injury from football. In rugby I've got some broken fingers and a shoulder injury.

You can't play a sport without the danger of being injured. My sister plays handball (not the toughest of sports), and her knee got literally smashed two years ago, and the doctors operated a new tendon for her.

Of course you get mugged in rugby, but don't suppose that American Football is any safer: there are basically no rules in tackling there, but in rugby you are not allowed to tackle the head.

If you want a relatively injury and contact-free sport for your kid, I recommend volleyball, swimming or athletics.

>I say this as a big football fan, I've just come to realize the futility of it

I'm going to have to agree with this guy

Yes, Japan loves American sports

Let me shed a little perspective:

My D3 high school team went to the state championship, riddled with kids you'd considered really athletic. They'd spent so much time playing growing up, hurt themselves often, and finally reached the pinnacle. And what did they get for their efforts?

A couple of them got low-tier D1 offers, the rest got a smattering of D2 offers. Most fizzled out in college and none even got remotely close to professional play. That for hours upon hours and days and days of practice for 10 years, neglecting school.

Now as a parent, I personally want my child to be successful for life, not for a bunch of old fucks on a few Friday nights for a small window of their life. 0.0001% make the pros, if anything the real Jewish conspiracy is getting all of these kids to devote 50% of their life to grade school ball for nothing in the long run

>swimming
tore my rotator cuff swimming.

I agree though.

there is no guarantee of safety in ANYTHING. not even walking down the street.

typing on the computer can cause carpal tunnel, and the sedentary lifestyle leads to obesity.

You could do this w/ literally anything.

>You could land awkwardly in volleyball
>You could pull a hammy and drown in swimming.
>You could Fuck up a leg in Athletics.

Every sport is prone to injuries like you said.

This is news to me.

I played American Football for 2 seasons at university and tbqh I think the sport is fine if you play it for a few years and move on, the trouble comes when you have been playing for 10+ years. When the sport was created it was never intended to be professional, it was something you did once in a while and maybe played for your college team and that was it.

I would let my kids play it but I would try and sway them off any ideas of becoming a professional player, the same goes with Rugby.

Agreed.

If you want to have any success in the sport in the US it will be your religion

but its similar to Europe where if you want to be a pro soccer player you're going to have to go to some academy

These are both wastes of time for your average kid

What the fuck are you babbling about?

Your D3 (kek) high school team didn't have players riddled with injuries,and certainly not CTE or whatever bullshit they're pushing.

that any of them got a college scholarship is a tremendous accomplishment.

And let's be real, the kids who play professional and serious college football aren't the types, nor are they from the socioeconomic classes, who are going to sit quietly in a classroom all day, or write java code, or study for the CPA test or whatever. You're creating a false dichotomy.

Just you average Cred Forums user.

Smh. The amount of nonsense shilling in this thread, shows you just how popular/important the NFL is.

I would be disappointed if he didn't.

Yes it did. You pick up tons of injuries playing from elementary through college. They heal, but only to certain degrees, and it's shit you'll carry with you. Especially the CTE, it's not as pronounced as the pros since it's less time but developing brains smashing against each other hundreds of times isn't healthy in the long run.

And even if you get a scholarship, you won't have time for a decent degree. Half of your life will still be practice.

>And let's be real, the kids who play professional and serious college football aren't the types, nor are they from the socioeconomic classes, who are going to sit quietly in a classroom all day, or write java code, or study for the CPA test or whatever. You're creating a false dichotomy.

Personally my family is that kind, I'm an engineer and my sister is a doctor. And there are still plenty of smart and able kids who waste a lot of their life obsessed over football, I got close to it but fell off after tearing my hamstring in high school. That gave me more time and energy to focus on an engineering degree.

Kids are susceptible to getting too obsessed with a sport you know, it's a matter of distraction, you don't have to be dumb to do it

>the trouble comes when you have been playing for 10+ years.
At that point, it's adults making their own choices, and literally being paid millions of dollars.

>Football coaches for kids are the absolute worst people you will ever meet. They give favoritism to their own kids and usually have anger issues, which seeps into the game.
>pretending this isn't true of literally every sport

Many college will probably have played longer than 10 years by the end of their careers.

>hockey players lose teeth meme

hockey players wear full cages until they reach the NHL

>Yes it did. You pick up tons of injuries playing from elementary through college. They heal, but only to certain degrees, and it's shit you'll carry with you. Especially the CTE, it's not as pronounced as the pros since it's less time but developing brains smashing against each other hundreds of times isn't healthy in the long run.
>And even if you get a scholarship, you won't have time for a decent degree. Half of your life will still be practice.
Nigga plz. I played Div 1 college football.

Why don't you just say you don't like sports?

I don't believe you are on the level becuase if you where (and actually played any sort of serious football), you'd know that a lot of young males CRAVE the physicality. They need it. there is a reason they used to (and still do) take juvenile delinquents and get them in the boxing gym.

Nah. Serious organized football in the US, usually starts around the 9th grade. Most non-pros are only going to play 4-8 years of organized football.

> Baseball
> Highest fatality rate of any youth sport

pls no user

Football needs to evolve. I don't think I'd let my kid play beyond peewee levels. Far too much risk for head injury among other long term health issues.

>Football needs to evolve.
keep shilling

>Shilling

Nice buzzword. Try an argument next time.

> Too much risk for head injury
> I don't think I'd let my kid play beyond peewee levels

user, I have some bad news for you...

I'd make him try golf or tennis. Best connections there.

If he doesn't like it, swimming or something that makes him fit.

take your pussy shit elsewhere stooge.

You think? My middle school had a team. Maybe it's different in different parts of the country.

If I had some kids, I'd probably discourage them from playing any sport that involved repeated violent head impacts for no payoff. I played soccer since I was able, though I stopped in college. Maybe headers killed my brain cells, and in retrospect, I don't know if I got anything from soccer that I wouldn't have from some sport without head impacts.

>inb4 someone calls me a huge pussy

>golf or tennis.
>swimming
individual sports.

being a part of teams sports is important for kid's development.

>Still no argument

I don't believe you are on the level.

How have you convinced yourself that someone is actually paid to show up to a Turkmeni pedophile bazaar and shill against football?

>Football is dangerous. Let me just have my kids spend 10 hours on the computer all day eating garbage.

Danger is relative, and exists in anything.

You really do sound like a shill.

What pray tell should football 'evolve' into? Flag football?

Fuck off.

>STILL no argument

Abso-fucking-loutly.

Yes. I wanted to when I was young because it seemed a lot more fun than baseball. My mother wouldn't let me and I hated baseball so much I stopped playing after 2 years. After that I became a fucking nerd until college when I rediscovered my love for sports. Too late for me to play though. I've got a bad knee and ankles now.

Even straight A students are starting to attend state universities or even community colleges rather than fancy private colleges that rape you in the ass with tuition fees.

What's YOUR argument? Football is dangerous and needs to 'evolve'?

Wow, mind blowing.

>Driving a car is dangerous and needs to evolve.

her dee durrr
FUCK OFF SHILL.

This is literally every sport below the college level you idiot.

I never said my kids couldn't play Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, Swimming... You are projecting your preconceived thoughts into my argument.

Sure danger exists in everything, doesn't mean some sports are safer than others.

Football could evolve is some way where less emphasis is put into sudden start then stop impacts. They are already flagging and fining for hits on defenseless players.

Those aren't the only options. Sure, danger exists in in anything. But there's a difference between bashing your head into the opposing player play after play and maybe getting hit with a baseball every once in a while.

I had a vision of one time having a daughter that played qb for my high school and was Peyton Manning tier at knowing the game and that made up for her lack of testosterone and physical ability and she becomes a famous hero and I'm the one who nurtured her to perfection
But this will probably never happen and an attempt to do so will end in her being railed by the entire wr corps

The internet is dangerous. Computers are dangerous.

Sedentary lifestyles and obesity kill more people than CTE does.

Why risk it? A little internet could get your kid hooked and he could become an addict. Don't even get me started on video games.

(You see how easy it is to do what you disingenuous dickheads are doing)

In football you are either playing against athlete freaks in full contact and at lower levels you play against severely undisciplined players who only care about delivering big hits. Football, in admittedly rare occurrences, can lead to paralysis but far more often can lead to concussions and lingering mental health issues.

No. He'll play lacrosse instead. Much more fast paced, and the majority of people playing it are white. Still get to hit each other and it encourages all the same muscles football does, but without the intentional bashing of heads against one another.

you have to wear a fullcage until major junior and most youth leagues even make kids wear mouth guards. there is no real fighting in minor hokkei.

The internet is dangerous. Computers are dangerous. But you can't achieve their benefits any other way. Every benefit of football, you can get somewhere else. I don't care about football evolving into anything, and I don't care if people want to play full-contact immediately after they learn to walk. I just don't think it's a bright idea.

>lingering mental health issues.
bwhahahahaha.....4chinz is worse for your mental health than football. Facebook and twitter too.

You shills are too fucking much.

You're seriously trying to argue that fat fucks die from being fat fucks so it's perfectly fine to bash your head full force into another person over and over again.

You're willing to play football, or have your kid(s) play football, why don't you let them try [insert extremely dangerous stunt/event]? I mean danger is everywhere, right?

Video games are dangerous.

You can get all the same benefits from board games.

>>Driving a car is dangerous and needs to evolve.
driving a car has evolved a lot over the past 20+ years. you arent very likely to die in a racing accident nowadays like you were in the 70s/80s.

Jesus (((they))) are really going full force.

I don't disagree that video games are dumb, and in a perfect world, people wouldn't waste their time.

It's a good sport for little kids because they aren't on steroids. It'll teach my kid to take a hit and gain mental toughness so yes. Now when we get to highschool and college, I'm not forcing anything. They can make their choice and I'm not going to force them to risk CTE taking on remorseless roidmonkeys and having to balance a serious academic schedule. If they have the talent though, I will encourage them to at least try to handle it.

OMG. Auto racing is too dangerous. People have died in actual races. Only one player has died during an NFL game.

jk-it's not a big enough media platform in the US for the globalists to care about.

Not dumb, DANGEROUS.

The carpal tunnel, the sedentary lifestyle, the alienation leading to mental health issues.

DANGEROUS.

Why would there be a /conspiracy/ against football?

afaik it's the most profitable entertainment in the US. It takes literally nothing to make the product (the players) because every youth wants to be a football star.

Traditional medias (TV) are dying against internet. It would be pretty counterproductive for them to kill the last exclusive product they have.

That's why we see former football players committing suicide and donating their brains to science or former players being degraded to a puddle of soup by the time they are 60.

>No counter argument

Not media nonsense. Injuries are big in college too. College is basically pro ball right now with all the players on hgh and getting injured every week. Highschool is like this too in leagues which are competitive and pumping out all American talent. Kids are getting nerve damage, concussions, fucked up knees, etc.

One well time chop block from a 300lb OL can leave your kid wearing a knee brace foe the rest of his life. The fact that kids are taking on 300lb behemoths on high school and college regularly is ridiculous. We shouldn't be breeding 17 year olds to bash heads against 5 300lbers and tackling 230lb running backs moving at high speeds

not football. maybe hockey, track and field, or something else physically demanding. I refuse to let my own kid become obese because American modern society tells them its okay to eat shitty food and play videogames all day long.

>lacrosse
>without the intentional bashing of heads against one another.

lol, you've clearly never played a ghetto school. Those guys go helmet-to-helmet whenever they can.

>It would be pretty counterproductive for them to kill the last exclusive product they have.
They don't have it. The NFL is phasing them out. They already have the NFL network, and they're streaming some games on Twitter this year.

That's WHY they are trying to get the NFL under their heel. Because media is no longer centralized, the NFL has become maybe the biggest and most powerful platform in the US.

It's not a conspiracy. This has been happening for years.

No one is saying football is the most dangerous sport but rather that it is too dangerous. Auto racing has a higher fatality rate for sure but that doesn't make football in itself a safe option.

>former football players committing suicide and donating their brains to science
One player. ONE.

99% of them do not.

Want to ban boxing too? How about MMA? NASCAR?

I remember reading that the most popular program in the country is Monday Night Football. The second most popular is Sunday Night Football.

don't forget to put the blame on vaccination

fuck off. young men are physical by nature.

Yep. It's a POWERFUL platform.

And the NFL doesn't/won't need old guard media much longer.

pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/new-87-deceased-nfl-players-test-positive-for-brain-disease/

True, but how many old men in general test positive for brain disease? There's no doubt that football players, especially players from the era before precautions about concussions, are more likely to have brain disease, but it's not like they're all going to become Junior Seau.

people dont die in indy/f1/turnleft/rally as much anymore.

That's thanks to massive improvement is vehicle and track safety but in the lower leagues they don't have such luxuries.

Far more from the football population than the general population. That much can't be ignored. Everyone is different and their brain starts to go at a different time but for former football players they go MUCH sooner. Not fair to compare some 90 year old guy to a 60 year old former NFL player.

Yeah that's just crazy. Why would there be shills on this wildly influential Turkmeni pedophile bazaar that the two people running for POTUS have directly referenced?

How far-fetched.

nigga plz. The (statistically miniscule amount of) suicides could just as easily be attributed to famous people no longer being in the spotlight.

It's a made up issue. Like the Redskins 'controversy'. Like the National Anthem 'controversy'.

Pure bullshit.

only up to college

Then Id tell him about the imminent dangers of concussions and head trauma, and try to have him go after an actual career, but if he really wanted to, he could

First they'll come for football. Then they'll come for Cred Forums/twitter/Facebook etc.

really anything they don't or can't control.

Don't be naive.

>It's a made up issue

This denial man. Do you have ANY facts to back up those claims?

do you tools ever stop spinning and shilling?

>t-that's not an argument

FUCK OFF SHILL

Yes
My dad played in the CFL and I almost resent him for letting me "do what I wanted to" instead of pushing me to do something worthwhile when I was young
I eventually played football in Grade 9, and my biggest regret was not starting earlier

>No facts
>Just call him a shill

Bold tactic.

>Do you have ANY facts to back up those claims?
How about 99.9% of the people who've played in the NFL don't commit suicide.

Good enough for you, you intellectually dishonest huckster?

Fact. 99.9% of the people who have played in the NFL haven't committed suicide.

Kill yourself globalist pig.

I never played a ghetto school because I wasn't poor. Never had to.

>Hanging onto the suicide line

The overall arching theme of the discussion is lasting mental and physical issues from football. I'm sorry I expected Cred Forums kiddies to stay on topic.

That link explains in good detail the lasting mental affects.

This is no joke. ESPN/Disney et al. are literally engaged in a war against the NFL.

The 'it's dangerous', 'parents aren't letting their kids play football' are some of the weapons they're using.

And like other here have said. It has nothing to do with football. It has to do with media and control.

TinFoilHat.png

>I'm sorry I expected Cred Forums kiddies
You shouldn't break character. It makes it much harder to believe you're an actual poster here.

SHILL

>Using SHILL again

It's like you think name calling refutes facts or something. You are obsessed with combating my posting style and choice of words rather than the argument at hand. You'd be laughed out of any debate room. I have yet to see one single link to anything saying football is safe or the health risks are negligible.

Yep.

Nice reation image. You've really mastered the style here. Do you have a rare pepe folder yet?

>I'm just a regular Cred Forums poster who likes the sports. But not the footzball, that's dangerous and leads to super serial brian problemz.

Nigga I don't believe anything thj media says at this point.

Your old ways don't work anymore

>b-but muh PBS article

Let me guess Obama killed Bin Laden who orchestrated 9-11 too right?

Sure thing buddy.

ibtimes.co.uk/nearly-all-american-football-players-nfl-could-have-rare-brain-disease-1520430

blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/is-football-to-blame-for-players-suicides/

newscientist.com/article/dn24420-brain-damage-in-american-football-linked-to-head-trauma/

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/09/researchers-find-brain-damage-in-96-percent-of-former-nfl-players/406462/

newyorker.com/tech/elements/how-damaged-are-n-f-l-players-brains

>Hurr durr the media is never right and always tells lies

I can be skeptic of the media too but you can only argue about opinion pieces, not scientific fact.

>-b-but you'd be laughed out of any debate room

Check out this article on CNN goy.

What part of I don't trust anything the media says anymore don't you get shill?

No fucking shit you dumb asshole. We've known for instance that boxing causes brain damage for a hundred fucking years.

We just called it 'punch drunk' instead of 'CTE'.

So fucking what?

Would these mostly poor young men be in better circumstances w/o football?

Doubt it.

All right, here is a round up of scientific research papers on the issue, NOT the "media"

journalistsresource.org/studies/society/public-health/sports-related-concussions-head-injuries-what-does-research-say

Football is too dangerous. That's why I enjoy it. People are killing each other in the arena for my entertainment.

Finally. A legitimate Cred Forums poster.

Wife wouldn't agree to letting our son play football for 4 years. This year after attending some seminar put on by the league about "heads up" tackling that was being taught by all the coaches in the league, she relented. I attend practice 2 or 3 times a week and they practice what they preach as far as that part of it goes.

That being said, 2 of the boys are out for the season with concussions and one with a broken foot. It's a rough sport and injuries happen.

Exactly. Go to the coal mines or oil rigs for 50k a year, but stay away from the evil NFL which will make you a millionaire.

Shills gonna shill, and the globalists want control of the NFL.

>Go to the coal mines or oil rigs
Yeah, but I'm not sure it's even that drastic.

I think playing in the NFL might be safer for you than sitting at a desk for 10 hours a day.

mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/expert-answers/sitting/faq-20058005

Either way, this 'football is dangerous' bullshit is propaganda and it's alarming seeing the obvious shilling on this board.

>I think playing in the NFL might be safer for you than sitting at a desk for 10 hours a day.
If you had a kid, would you agree for him to work a desk job?

Right? You could do what they are doing for almost anything.

For instance, medical doctors have the highest suicide rate of any profession

>If you had a kid, would you agree for him study medicine?

Corporate fascism is what it is.

Lol please keep going

I'd take 5 years in the NFL over 50 hours a week in a cubicle for 40 years any fucking day. Almost everyone would.

The average career is like 2 or 3 years iirc. Still not bad, I think the league minimum is about $500k so in theory you could be set for life, assuming that you were smart about how you managed your money and lived modestly.

Exactly. There are far worse professions than the NFL.

This is just a narrative that is being framed and pushed.

Roosevelt Grier was a millenial?

Having worked as an admissions consultant and being a UChicago alumnus, I can guarentee you that 90% of those kids that get into the "good schools" (in reality a college is a college) are legacy applicants of above average donors, and they're often not even legacies...nor academically high achieving.

Sure,why not

Why? I'd rather he try to be a basketball player and make millions on a guaranteed contract.

>parents signed me up for football when I was 9
>Didn't know anything about the sport yet
>just running around and pushing people when the play began
>Did drills that I didn't even know what they were for
>hated having to practice 4 times a week in the hot summer in our black practice jerseys
>quit after 2 weeks
>if only I waited a few years I would've had fun and understood
fuck this world

And you get a pension and have a union.

NFL > globalist cuck corporate job

I would love to let my son play Gridiron Football because it's an awesome sport.

hell no. dumb sport for dumb-dumbs.

Top kek, whats even better is there less then 2 minutes of "action" in soccer.

>OMG Pele passed it to Jose
>Back to Pele!!!
>Back to Jose!!!!!!!!!!
>Jose passes it back to Fernando
>OMG he passes it back
The mad man

>4 players lying on the ground
>o-line just standing there like a free kick in soccer
>that one confused kid staring the other way

I find this photo way funnier than it should be

I wasn't one of those posters. I was watching the Mets score 17 runs.

Not guy your responding to, I agree with you.

But isn't one of the key things highschool sports creates and teams create is that bro-ship with people. How to make friends and communicate. Helping one another out and Growing and pushing your limits.

That's the type of stuff you can't teach in a classroom

>I'll just let my kid sit in his grandparents basement, because I still haven't moved out 30 years later, and shit post on the internet just like his old man

I'm the OP, best part is our 2nd best lineman is a girl

Right? It's so much better to be a soft fat agenered sedimentary pussy? That's dangerous. Not football. The shills on this board are ridiculous and obvious.

not until high school

i'll only have my kids play sports if they're interested in it. i'm not going to force them into sports if it isn't their thing, but they are going to have to take up some kind of hobby. they're not going to sit inside playing video games and surfing the internet all day.

>Without football there's literally no reason to go outside ever.