What makes him a "system babby?" What's this so-called "system" that you fellas harp on about?

What makes him a "system babby?" What's this so-called "system" that you fellas harp on about?
I just dont believe it

in the brady era bellichick is 13-5 with backups

You didn't answer the question though lol

When a goat coach and GOAT QB align 4 superbowls, 6 trips to the owl and an undefeated season come about. This "system" that you are talking about is the product of a great GM. This team is years in the making. Put brissett on one of those 2010s squads and he wouldn't win shit.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if another 2 Super Bowl wins come from it

You see, the system can win you regular season games, but you need Brady to win you playoff games.

11 of those came from the best roster in NFL history. And he still managed to miss the playoffs.

System wins you games. Brady wins you superbowls.

In all honesty Peyton held back a lot of those mid 2000 colt teams. I think pey pet is more of an actual system baby than ana one else. They managed to go to the AFC game with fricking team tebow.

you have to be in a great system to win what brady has, brady has the x-factor that still puts him ahead of actual system babbies like dilfer or alex smith

peyton on the other hand has taken 4 different coaches to superbowls and has basically done it by himself, yeah his record isn't as good as brady, but he has had more chaos in his career than brady, though I'll admit he's had a drained team from time to time but always had bellichick to compensate

belichick went 5-11 his first year as pats head coach though

yeah, with the roster he completely blew up in the offseason, not that any pat fan would know

so wait... you're saying it takes talented players for bill belichick to win??? what about 'muh system'????

Brady would have won at least 2 superbowls if he was on the colts though. And at least four more on the broncos. As for Peyton with bellichick I can see a max of one. Prime Peyton would have crumbled in super bowl 49.

Peyton has always had a ridiculously good offense to work with. Just take a look at Brady and Peyton's receivers throughout their careers. bradys first receivers wouldn't even be number 3 for Peyton's stacked cor

Peyton literally jumped from system to system. Stacked team to another

Yeah guess what else happened that season... Tom Fucking Brady happened

I'm not saying Brady is a system player or even a bad one, but Bellichick is the best football mind and it's not even close. He needs some talent obviously or the pats would win every year but Bellichick is as much responsible for New England's success as Brady is and would have won at least won owl without Brady imo.

yeah i'm not debating that, but people on here like to act like matt cassel or drew bledsoe would have had even half the fucking success that brady did in NE just because cassel won 5 fewer games and missed the playoffs with a roster that went 16-0 the year before
BB maybe wins a super bowl without brady, but he'd need to build the defense up a lot better, any of those teams they faced in their owls would have beaten a bradyless patriots

He would have won 2 on his own and Brady would have 2 as well on his own.

The best part about these 2 is the fact that bellichick is tailoring mediocre receivers to work with Brady and carry an offense so they can spend more on special team and defense. No other quarterback can do what Brady has done with what he has had at WR.

I would argue that Elway pre-shanahan dragged shittier teams to the owl than brady did.

As a Pats fan, I would say that's a fair argument. I don't know that I completely agree, but it certainly can be argued.

Is there a bigger systembabby ever

I would somewhat agree but then again that was more of the product of the rest of the AFC sucking. Meanwhile his owl stats even in his wins have all looked average whereas Brady has 3 of the greatest and most clutch owl wins of all time.

to the owl maybe. the 2012 pats team brady dragged kicking and screaming into the afccg was seriously bad though

If a team can beat professional NFL teams with its #2 and #3 QBs and not miss a beat like the NE Patriots have, it's clear you have a system babby on your hands.

Pats fans have a lot to celebrate because BB will keep them great for a long time, but Brady's abilities are suspect.

The Manning comparisons are done to death, but think about Manning's situation. Five head coaches (and numerous OCs), two teams, holds season records for both teams. He just made it work no matter who was in charge of the game. His last season with the Broncos was shit, but he shined everywhere else.

Contrast with brady. One team, one coach his whole career. Never had to learn a new system. When he disappears, the system works without him just fine.

Reminder that Brady will go down as better than Montana and there is nothing any of you can do about it.

>Pretending the Patriots have only had 1 OC, and have run the same offense for Brady's entire career

You could argue that Manning succeeded with the Broncos because he walked into a team where the one major flaw was QB. Let's not forget that Tim Tebow succeeded with that team the year before Manning joined them. Tim Tebow. TEBOW. Of course Manning succeeded on that team.

People who say this obviously know nothing about football.

Do you think the Pats have been running the same offensive "system" in Brady's absence? The answer is no, they haven't. Their offense has been completely different. You wouldn't know that, though, because you know nothing about football. You see only the big picture, with no understanding of the details within.

Manning had no need for coaches since he just audibled out of every play.

That's not true though, drew brees could and did win a super bowl with less of a receiving core

so manning ran his own system
that's more impressive than being a system babby for the greatest coach ever

>manning invented audibles
>mannings audibles are somehow better than any other qbs
>implying he hasn't fucked his teams over with shit audibles

Literally what redditors believe.

Easy. TB has played his entire career in one organization for one coach. That's the system retard.

>still not answering the question
No, John, the retard is you.

Manning jumped from being an o-line, wide receiver, and running back systembabby to an even bigger offense baby with the broncos. He only won an owl with them because they realized manning was a choker and built a world class defense to pair with his 2 elite receivers.

Being a system quarterback implies that you need to set up certain parameters for success though. Like keeping the play calling simple, safe, that sort of thing. But the patriots have one of the most complicated, intricate offenses in the league. And look at the different styles over the years. Run N Gun, spread shot gun, Twin TE, no huddle, etc. Brady ran them all with crazy success.

Exactly, he's been in multiple systems

have you guys even watched the first 3 superbowl wins by Brady? or those playoff runs?

No being given a systembabby means that you played in a system that just needs someone who can chuck a ball forward and everyone else actually makes the play happen

Simple question guys, if Brady is a system babby and the Patriots can win with any QB then why does Belichick (the greatest football mind in the world) continue to pay him ~$15m a year instead of grabbing a scrap heap QB?

He accomplished relatively nothing until he came into his own if you will

I know it is cliche but let's take Peyton Manning in comparison

Peyton was Gatorade High School Player of the Year when he was 17
He was a 5 star recruit
He was an all SEC player his first year
He was a constant Heisman threat and Maxwell Award winning qb in college.
He was to be a #1 overall in 2 years and chose to go back to school for one of then
He was rookie of the year

Peyton Manning has been the best quarterback, possibly player, at every level since he couldn't even buy scratch off tickets.

In comparison Brady accomplished nothing of note until he was made the starter due to injury.
When he was injured the Patriots stepped up and in many ways overcame his loss with hardly a blink

This is why people believe that Tom Brady is in very much benefit of his surroundings, whatever that may be.

I'm at work, not looking to argue but that is the answer

>led numerous comebacks at Michigan
>beat Alabama in the orange owl

Lol "nothing of note"

lol terrible justification

remember when Cassel went 11-5, when Brady took the exact same group to 16-0 and the statistically best offense in the history of the NFL?

You heard it here folks, tebow, and Ryan leaf are better than tom Brady. College career is what matters when deciding a better NFL quarterback

This. I've always personally thought Brees was better than Manning or Brady, and other than a great line he's never had the talent on either side those two have had.

The best imo is Marino despite never winning a ring. Fair or unfair, in most eyes since he never won the big game, so he won't be regarded as the best.

Not that guy, and Manning certainly didn't invent audibles, but it's safe to say even if Manning isn't the GOAT, he is certainly the smartest player to play the game, football IQ wise

Based on his ability to throw interceptions at exactly the wrong moments and lose you games? Most of his audibles were pretentious, defiant nonsense. Peyton can't work with another head coach and listen to directions because Of his hubris. He is exactly the kind of player that wouldn't fit in bellichicks system.

The idea that Peyton is somehow a "greatest mind in football" is such an outrageous and unfounded claim.

In terms of x's and o's and strategizing is what I mean. He's not terribly great at adapting to changes when a wrench is thrown into his plans

The only idiots who call Brady a system baby are faggots on this board. Any real football expert knows hes goat and its not even up for debate.

The way I see it is imo he is a system qb, but you have to execute in the system, it doesn't do it for you, you still have to make the reads and throw the ball, and check out of bad plays.

>remember when Cassel went 11-5, when Brady took the exact same group that was already old and was a year older with Cassel and looked fatigued after playing 19 games the prior season and buckled under the pressure of going undefeated, to 16-0 and the statistically best offense in the history of the NFL?
Fixed

This doesn't make much sense tho. Every quarterback is in a system and requires teammates to do their job.

Brady rarely makes a bad decision. When a deep throw is required he will throw it deep. (See lafell ravens game). If he needs to dunk and dunk then he is patient and takes what he gets. Brady's "system" is basically "win the game".

Bellichick is also in a system. His system is Let McDaniels and Brady do their thing while he controls the defense and general game decisions.

You see the system is in a system. We are all in a system. The system is also simultaneously not a system because if everyone is ina system then no one truly is.

NE still looks good with backups. Would Brady look as good as he does with almost any other team? Not a chance.

a lot of people call him a system qb, not just on here. because we've never seen him play for anyone other than the very best coach in the league, and he's probably going to retire before bill does, so we'll never truly know what he is.

Manning has played in one system his entire career you retards. Even when he went to Denver they copied Moore's entire offense from Indy because he didn't want to change anything.

His one year he switched offensive systems with Kubiak he completely shit the bed and they had to use some fucking pistol bullshit because PeyPey couldn't take snaps under center.

>this flag
>this post

Go back to faggot football you faggot

Youre right. Billy gets on the field and executes in the clutch on a regular basis

brady doesn't draw up the plays. the patriots as a whole are a well oiled machine, very disciplined, rarely do his receivers make mistakes, and rarely is there a defense that the coaches can't figure out.

>Manning has played in one system his entire career you retards.
Because he basically was the system and ran his own offense.

Easily. Any team in this league would cream themselves at a chance with Brady. If you traded Brady to the broncos right now they would win the next 2 Super Bowls very easily. Brady would make any team miles better instantly and they become contenders almost immediately.

More like he only knew one system and was too thick headed to run any other type of offense. Meanwhile Brady has been in literally every single type of offense in his whole career. He's been with 3 different offensive coordinators. Bellichick has always been a defense guy, he doesn't have much to do with the offense. He just calls the game plan and Brady executes it flawlessly, which is something Peyton never could do.

I love this "brady doesn't have weapons" meme that bandwagon fans shout.

what do you call randy moss, julian edelman, wes welker, gronkowski? chopped liver?

>this flag
>those opinions

He won 3 superbowls without all of them you under aged twat. The only time he ever had a running back was in 04. Meanwhile manning had a hofer and a great rb for most of his career

>Edelman and welker are considered ""weapons""

They wouldn't be shit without Brady.

Brady was throwing to guys like Deion Branch and Troy Brown half his career.

Welker and Edelman are dink and dunk manlet slot receivers. The one year he had Moss he put up the greatest statistical passing season in NFL history.

Meanwhile PeyPey had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Edgerrin James, Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Eric Decker, and even Wes Welker for literally his entire career.

Edelman could be, Welker proved he wasn't more than a slightly above average slot receiver

Defense won those. Brady was like Peyton last year. Just a part of the system.

He won MVP in 2 out of those. And he should have won it in 04 too but they have it to branch.

He made Deion branch into a Super Bowl MVP. Fucking lol.. just lol. He wasn't shit when he left and played for the Seahawks too

Also you fucking retard bellichicks defense broke down against jake delhomo and Steve smith and Brady had to bail their asses out because of that and vinateri left 6 points up on the board

Tell me again how "defense won it".

the defense is the system

>32-29 with two missed field goals
>defense won it

Holy fuck kill yourself

>2000:
Throws 3 passes all season as he rides the bench.

>2001:
Throws only 1 TD the entire playoffs as spying, defense and Adam Vinatieri carry him to a Super Bowl victory.

>2002:
Throws for less yards than Kerry Collins in regular season as Patriots finish behind Dolphins and Jets in the AFC East to miss the playoffs.

>2003:
Throws for fewer TDs than Aaron Brooks in regular season; spying, defense and Adam Vinatieri carry him to another Super Bowl victory.

>2004:
Throws for fewer TDs than Jake Delhomme in regular season; spying, defense and Adam Vinatieri carry him to another Super Bowl victory.

>2005:
Throw 2 INTs and gets outplayed by Jake Plummer as Patriots lose to Broncos in divisional round.

>2006:
Throws 3 INTs with a 57.6 QB rating while barely getting by Chargers, implodes against the Colts in AFC Championship loss.

>2007:
Throws only 1 TD and gets outplayed by Eli Manning in the biggest choke in professional sports history, blowing immortality and a perfect season. "MVP" year.

>2008:
Throws 11 passes before missing the entire rest of the year because he can't withstand a basic hit. Patriots still manage to win 11 games without him.

>2009:
Throws 3 INTs at home with a 49.1 QB Rating in wild card round loss to the Ravens.

>2010:
Throws INT after not throwing one since Week 5 and gets outplayed by Mark Sanchez in divisional round loss at home to Jets. "MVP" year.

>2011:
Throws 2 INTs with a 57.5 QB Rating while barely getting by the Ravens, gets outplayed by Eli Manning in the Super Bowl... again.

>2012:
Throws 2 INTs with a 62.3 QB Rating in AFC Championship loss to Ravens.

>2013:
Throws only 1 TD in AFC Championship Game loss to Broncos.

THIS
FUCKING
MAD
@
4 OWLS
SOON
BE

What an uninformed and ignorant opinion. I'm almost surprised you didn't put "2014 - Malcom butler carried him"

I know you are trolling but for the people that legitimately believe that crap please get off this board and back to espn.

that pasta is older than dirt you dumb newfags.

Sorry if I don't spend my every living breathing moment on this shitty forum.

>Foreign glory hunters
Commit sudoku

Im aware faggot. doesnt change the fact hes mad.

It's okay to admit you're new here

>muh sekrit club

>muh secret club

Pretty much anything ending with "babby" is a buzzword that people use to make themselves sound smart and interesting.

It seems like Bill focuses his attention on the defense during games and lets Josh/Tom handle the offense

Is this true?

For the most part yes. When it comes to things like trick plays or crucial 4th down calls then bellichick has input.

Bellichicks only hires a coordinator he trusts.

its weird though because the patriots defense was god awful for a pretty sizable stretch
i always though belichick switched to being an offensive coach during that stretch or something

"System baby" is a fallback term for mental twelve-year-olds who don't grasp the concept of a team being a collection of individuals working together to achieve a common goal, winning as many football games as possible being the goal of the New England Patriots. They're the morons who think a single individual can carry a team.

As for Brady, he's so good because he's intelligent and poised, remains calm under pressure, can read defenses and audible a play accordingly, and has one of the most accurate throws of any professional NFL quarterback, and Bill Belichick takes full advantage of this. The Patriots have won the past 3 games because Belichick has taken stock of his available personnel before every game and drawn up a gameplan that plays on their strengths. The Patriots system is designed to be flexible enough to do that.

I hope you retards realize Cred Forums was actually better when it was a secret club

Not really, I mean, they weren't so bad that they were dead last.

I know in 2009 when Brady came back from injury, they went like 5 or so games without a big play, so they sometimes have a funk, it happens with every team

>Matt
>Cassel

Matt Cassel was good for a while with a chiefs though, then they pushed him out the door because of injuries and what not.

Why is it so hard for you Jew England fags to accept that the Pats have a system and that Brady might not be the best QB ever?

It's not against the rules to have a system. You guys get more offended when someone brings up the word "system" than when they bring up cheating.

>and that Brady might not be the best QB ever?
First of all, nobody here is offended about system nonsense, they're more offended that fellow human beings can be as stupid as many people have shown themselves to be.

Second of all, Brady will go down as better than Montana, or Behind Montana. you may have a different oppinion, but the concensus will be absolute. Personally, I think he surpassed Montana after 16-0, but finally after Superbowl 49 many other people caught up with me.

Are there really people who think the first three super bowls were not slightly above Trent Dilfer game manager tier?
Kekek sure is teens in here

tbf Welker was retarded by the time he left the pats