Eight current and former Premier League managers stand accused of receiving “bungs” for player transfers after The...

>Eight current and former Premier League managers stand accused of receiving “bungs” for player transfers after The Daily Telegraph found widespread evidence of corruption in the English game.

ITT: we recklessly speculate on who the eight are.

Or who the seven are because there's no chance that 'appy 'arry aint one of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YcBwp8WOVlI
youtube.com/watch?v=v5vD2mQgudA
theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/27/ambulance-and-police-spotted-outdide-sam-allardyces-cheshire-home
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Joorabchian
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It will be the types you'd expect. People like Bruce, Warnock, Curbishley, Redknapp, Pardew etc

Guarantee they will all be British.

oi it be 8 bungs innit

>Pardew

Anyone who deals with Black French players

Klopp, Pardew, whoever manages Burnley, Raineri, Pep, Mouyes, Moyes, everyone who has managed Southampton in the past 10 years

Bruce seems like an honest manager, why suspect him?

Just look at his body. His life is obviously defined by greed.

Fergie, Wenger, Les Reed

Avram Grant

>Raineri
>Klopp

No chance

Why are British so corrupt?

Souness, Pardew, Redknapp, Curbishley, Warnock, Pearson, Jol, Avram Grant
what do i win

Why does the rest of the world turn a blind eye to corruption? Remember it was our journalists that exposed FIFA a few years ago, and no one backed us up. Blatter only got brought down once the FBI got involved.

they dont have culture of rabid competitive press

bit prejudice innit lad

>your next "exposé" is based off the comments of a couple of football agents
>you're so unsure of them being libellous, you don't print the names of any of the accused

Yeah, I think they've blown their beans on the Allardyce story.

Pards no plz

Pardew, Pulis, Redknapp, and whoever they pal around with. No chance it's Mourhino, Ranieri, Wenger, Klopp, Koeman, Monk, Brenny, Howe, Pep, etc

>No chance
That's exactly why it will be them.

Nobody that manages a club usually in the top 4

Harry Redknapp x8

How hard will /arse/ melt down when Wenger is one of the 8?

Wenger is too intelligent to get caught up in shit like that, they asked him earlier and he said no, they also asked Rodgers and he looked guilty as fuck....was hilarious.

/arse/ would cum buckets if it happened. Half of them are probably already rock hard at the prospect of a genuine reason to call for Wenger's head.

Wenger said Arsenal fans can rest easy

Link to brenny

IIRC there was at least one book also written on FIFA corruption by a UK reporter. Must have been a bit satisfying for him to be proven correct.

>Klopp

I think you can discount any manager who arrived in England in the last few years, the whole point of this operation was to find managers who had inside knowledge about the FA. That's why they're almost certainly all English or a non-English who's been there for a really long time (Wenger, Mourinho, Moyes, etc.).

its brendan rodgers btw

Oh, and Rodgers too. He's been coaching in England for like 10 years.

I can see Klopp naively walking into trouble by misinterpreting scouser slang thinking it's an advertising deal.

Can't find it. It was on Sky Sports News a couple of hours ago.

>Brits
>Taking bungs left and right
>Britbungs

hehe

"What a tactic that is," said Rodgers in reference to the undercover sting operation.

"The poor guy's going into a job. It's actually embarrassing to some among the profession but I've got nothing to say on it."

"I heard it this morning on the way in but I've nothing to add to it," said Rodgers, who is preparing his Celtic side to face Manchester City in the Champions League on Wednesday evening.

- Rodgers

This doesn't seem like something that would happen at the huge English clubs, there is too much for them to risk.

youtube.com/watch?v=YcBwp8WOVlI

Its probably not 8 current PL managers

Bog Sim is also probably one of them

Redknapp
Pulis
McClaren
Pardew
Hughes

Probably some other dodgy lads too

Sparky ain't the type imo

>Sam mocking Woy
youtube.com/watch?v=v5vD2mQgudA

>arguing with gary neville over when to bring Rashford on

>england could have won the world cup with bog sim but they sacked him after one game for chatting shit

lmao

theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/27/ambulance-and-police-spotted-outdide-sam-allardyces-cheshire-home

Holy shit lads, he's topped himself!

I can guarantee this leeds to an enquiry into media sting operations.

You serious m8?

Look at the state of his agent:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Joorabchian

>Irani
I am so PROUD of this man. Kia shireh, shaheh engelistan bah bah

what is a bung

A bribe/backhander.

cash under the table

>outdide
>leeds

Obviously Pardew and Redknapp

Britbungs
when will they learn?

If all 8 are British that will be classic and very likely

is this the end of the Premier League?

It's the beginning, no more shit managers destroying English development with Pulis or Pardewball

" In June 2005, Pagliara, by then general manager of Venezia, was stopped by police carrying a briefcase containing €250,000 in Genoa. He was handed a five-year ban by the Italian FA, which concluded the cash was part of a match-fixing agreement. Pagliara returned as an agent in 2014 with Cardiff City under its Malaysian owner Vincent Tan. "

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer possibly number 6? He signed a number of absolutely shocking players for Cardiff.

Seen this on his wiki page too:

" Solskjær prompted Cardiff to purchase three Norwegian players: Magnus Wolff Eikrem, Mats Moller Dæhli and Jo Inge Berget; his best friend Jim Solbakken was on the other side of the table representing the players, according to Josimar - a Norwegian football magazine "

Solksjaer must be one of them that's very damning

That Cornelius guy too.

>they also asked Rodgers and he looked guilty as fuck

God, I have to see this.

Yeah but those were his players at Molde. Makes sense he wanted to bring them in.

what is the mechanics of this scam? A manager tells the club to sign a player (I guess by more than they are worth) and then he gets a payment from the player's agent to return the favour?

Bumping this

It has to be this honestly.

#toomanybungs

Mourinho/raiola guaranteed to be involved

2 has got to be Redknapp, 6 is possibly Eddie Howe.

Who is 8

Pulis or Warnock maybe.

sounds like a plot for an Owen Wilson movie

so which one would you be Cred Forums?

>Pulis
Definitely can believe it.

It's going to be a bunch of fucking nobodies, otherwise they would just come out and say it was alan shearer or whoever

Bumping this.

Pearson's been sacked by Derby so I think he's one of them

why would he think that gary neville was arguing against bringing Rashford on earlier? Is that confirmed?

transexual prostitute.

Carrier bag of cash for me please la

3 is Moyesy

Probably Nigel Adkins

Koeman probably

The Tadic deal

Technically it's just a suspension at the minute, but yeah, and only a few hours before a match in the hotel they were staying at. It's either that or he called the club owner an ostrich. The first team coach has also been suspended from Derby.

nah, Moyesy got fired for being shit

3 has got to be Pulis or Pardew.

you guys have now received another unexpected chance to appoint a non-English NT manager

will you take it this time or blew it away again?

english managers are utter shit, when will you finally realize this over there on your foggy island?

Not against having a foreign coach desu but who is good and available at the moment?

I'm sure mourinho/mendes is one of them.

It also makes you think about all these expensive premier (and other) transfers recently.

but tadic is a decent player

What the fuck was Sam thinking though

>swiss bank account

Won't be any British manager. They'll stick it in the Yorkshire Building Society because their mam had an account there for years and the girl on the desk is nice.

It's the current year
There is only one option
Hope Powell

Mostly agree with you except for Harry Redknapp. He did well with Spurs and had them playing fantastic football. Should have got the job over Woy in the first place and I think he would do a good job with England.

But he's probably about to get EXPOSED by the media for being a corrupt bastard so that won't happen.

>Mourinho, Koeman, Brenny,
it's them info 95%

LvG, Mancini, Bielsa, Hiddink to name a few

or how about Mirko Slomka?
he almost achieved the impossible and won the German championship with >schalke in 2007

maybe he can almost achieve the impossible with england, too

Like who? Mancini?

Start a twitter campaign and change.org petition

Foreign people talk weird

Jim McGuinness

Nah get that RB Leipzig guy in

I would happily take Hiddink or particularly Bielsa.

LvG can fuck off, he's a dinosaur and would be a rehach of Sven and Capello.

Hasenhüttl?

he hasn't really achieved anything yet other than promoting Ingolstadt, a club heavily supported by Audi that had a huge budget for 2nd league standards, and now having a decent start with Leipizg, a club owned and supported by Red Bull.

at England he won't be having some CEO he can call up to buy some new players every year

>2
>Redknapp

>3
>Pulis

>6
>Hughes or Bruce

>7
Rodgers

>8
>Ferguson

pretty sure Fergie was set for money

Pulis for 3 would explain the Palace firing

maybe ralf rangnick?

So how does this reporter choose their target? Did they go to each manager and pretend to be a businessman?

Apparently there was a lot of rumours behind the scenes. Someone on here yesterday compiled a big list of all the dodgy dealings he's been accused of.

Also, the only managers you could really call 'long-serving' are Ferguson and Wenger.

Guess it depends how you interpret 'long-term serving manager'

Ferguson bribed the Sun when pictures surfaced of Ferdinand taking cocaine in a Leeds nightclub.

i don't think he's interested in coaching jobs anymore

he's the sports director at RB Leipzig now

Absolutely this. It's just speculative bullshit at this point.

When your source is a shady Italian agent trying to big himself up, your story has no credibility.

Will they ever tell us who they are?

They'll do it in next Sunday's paper, that's the biggest seller.

They should publish the name of the guy who they said was straight.

bump for vicious rumours

So Wenger already confessed?

The last one is Neil Warnock

Heard of him doing precisely this with sheffield united

The 3 trusted players: Michael Brown, Shaun Derry, Paddy Kenny

Underrated

>Jew

You could be on to something.

Sounds like it could be Arry desu, didn't he sign Niko Krancjar like 5 times?

It would have been at QPR rather than Sheffield United. He actually got results there, he sold Derry as soon as he arrived and the other two were a shoe in for goalkeeper and the best player in the squad full stop.

But yes this is what Jason Puncheon and Joey Barton have accused him of doing, who both played at QPR.

which one will commit suicide first/

Journos in the UK are all middle class and most of them hate football, nothing in life satisfies them more than shitting all over it and the fans. This would never happen in any other country. It's like how our own newspaper brand all English football fans as violent hooligans even if they're being set upon by machete wielding turks.

Anglo-Protestantism.

The English-speaking world is far less corrupt than any other civilization.

I reckon Warnock would top himself. I think his wife has cancer, so would possibly tip him over the edge the poor bastard.

F

this,he always fucking signs them,I mean look at his time at leeds
>paddy kenny
>michael brown
>michael tonge
>andy gray

>Cellino is involved in this mess

wew

>no chance
Dude we already know that Leicester were dodgy as fuck with their finances in the championship, bungs wouldn't be a surprise

ITT no Everton manager.

Massive corruption is inerent to neoliberalism and England is covered by neoliberal cum since 1979.

Because you didn't 'expose' anything. It's common knowledge that every single international board from FIFA to the Olympic Comitee is political and rigged af when it comes to designation.

You just got butthurt with their choice this time. Yet your FA didn't move a finger because it's just as political and full of shit as FIFA, instead passed the hot ball to Murica to dive in numbly into the shitfest.

And Murican football is gonna be cucked by FIFA until pigs fly as a result.

GJ

big sam liked big checks

This kind of thing seems to happen every 5 years or so. The football community goes crazy over "bungs" people are named, they may perhaps resign from their positions, everyone calls for """""change"""" and then it's forgotten about.

Nothing changes.

The press would destroy him after his spell at United, wouldn't even get a chance

How surprising

don't be ridiculous, your own fa was exposed as trying to bribe fifa to win the wc bid but they simply were too stingy and were outdone by other countries

of course this info wasn't revealed by your journalists initial investigation, I guess it would have soured their narrative

Maybe when Sven was manager, but Pearson sold all of Sven's signings apart from Nugent who was free and Schmeichel who Leeds let go. And Leicester spending shit loads in the season they got promoted is a complete myth.

8, you just need someone you can trust and it's free money, plus it's hard to actually prove because of the few people involved, and the low amounts of cash going around.

Moyes long serving
same for Pards

List seems to have been leaked

Steve Bruce (Without Club)
Alan Pardew (Crystal Palace)
Mark Hughes (Stoke City)
Ryan Giggs (Without Club)
Tony Pulis (West Bromich Albion)
Eric Black (Southampton) – Club requested full article from Telegraph
Harry Redknapp (Without Club)
David Moyes (Sunderland)

Surely Giggs has no say in transfers and hasnt been a manager apart from 3 games after Moyes left, not much time to sign players

seems odd he would be there

>8
>Ferguson

top fucking kek, as if they'd give Fergie that shitty billing in his description

The Eric Black stuff has been released. It doesn't sound very exciting/particularly terrible, but I expect he'll wind up getting sacked anyway.

Which of those descriptions matches Giggs? He hasn't even been a manager during a transfer window.

Nigel is pure

Pure shit

Didn't she manage Millwall for a bit?

The guy who currently manages the women's team would be a good shout, if anyone can remember his name.

Not every manager; just the successful English ones. It didn't take long ;_;

I can absolutely imagine Sven doing this, although he won't be one of the ones on the list because he isn't English. To be honest, if they don't have to be managing now, they could all be ex-England managers.

Except possibly for the Nordic-Lutherans.

Norway, Sweden, etc.

Is "bung" a word specific to the transfer business or is it common in the UK? I've never heard it before.

doubt it will be an ex liverpool manager
didn't they have a transfer committee or something?