ITT: underrated players

ITT: underrated players

one of the biggest fedora memes on Cred Forums is not rating Pelé. He was a fucking genius. Sure the game was different, sure it was slower (because of stamina, top speed changed little), sure the ball was heavier and you don't have to take the goal tally seriously. But what makes a player world class today was what made a player world class back then.

Phenomenal ball control, reaction time, and spatial awareness (not having to look down at the ball to dribble is a massive aspect of this), exceptional athletes with these characteristics appear in all eras, and they continue to be that today: exceptional, rare. Just watch this unbelievable control and assist: youtube.com/watch?v=-x_54egvXMk or this brilliant run followed by an unfortunate miss youtube.com/watch?v=-UzRsvCsC4c And I don't even have to mention the fact that he had the composure to lob a defender inside the box and proceeding to score in a world cup final at 17yo. If you think, say, Sterling could do any of this just because he was trained in "modern football" then you're absolutely delusional.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_4JQnrFFBnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SsxCARJ2HXU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Top class, definitely.
GOAT? nah

Reminder that literally all other 10 players on his brazil sides were also top class (proof the 62 world cup), unlike Cruyff's, Messi's or Cristiano's teams

>one of the biggest fedora memes on Cred Forums is not rating Pelé. He was a fucking genius. Sure the game was different, sure it was slower (because of stamina, top speed changed little), sure the ball was heavier and you don't have to take the goal tally seriously. But what makes a player world class today was what made a player world class back then.
Have you catually seen Pele? Some second division players here are actually more impressive than he was.

Pele was shit.

>unfortunate miss
>Missing an easy as fuck goal
>Unfortunate

that's like saying messi isn't a top 3 GOAT because he plays in a stacked team

only idiots say that

But Pele didn't even had the technique to be considered one of the top 50 best players ever.Anyone else from Brazill 1970 was way more impressive than him

you have to be both blind and a contrarian to assert such opinion

Messi has showed he is GOAT since the days Oleguer was one of the pillars of Barça. He has also showed greatness with Argentina, even though we all know the team is shit

Pelé is like one of those memes someone spread so they can feel better about their lives. It's a sin to talk shit of him, even though he and his team got BTFO multiple times by the likes of Atlético and Cruzeiro.

How can you say a player was truly great when he played in the US?

>to be both blind and a contrarian
Not even his youtube highlights are impressive.And that is saying a lot as anyone can look good in youtube highlights.
Lucas Vazquez
youtube.com/watch?v=SsxCARJ2HXU
Pele
Lucas VAzquez in a season has shown better technique than Pele in all his career.That tells you how far he is from being an actual GOAT

>Pelé is like one of those memes someone spread so they can feel better about their lives
You shouldn't take your imagination so seriously.

And most of the great brazilians/non-brazilians players end up playing their dying days where there's more money, only a few are loyal to a club and only a few have a club to be loyal to.

With Zico is even worse, whilst pele had great players to play along with and against, he went to Japan to reign over nobodies.

how many full games with him did you watch ?

rhetorical question

Zico atleast could hit a free kick or two. Pelé couldn't.

Give Lucas Vazquez that brick of a ball that Pele and many others had to deal with.

Can't really compare the advances made in sports phisiology and training either.
I'm not comparing the two eras because I'm not an idiot - even because if I did (and I did it before), if we account for all the changes, we end up with the conclusion that both are equivalent and that a player from the old time would do just as good in the present.

And so what? Even Marcos Assunção can hit a free kick better than both. Not a better player because of it.

yep, you're blind
no wonder spain has reached one single world cup semifinal in all its football history

Rivelino,Cruyff or even fucking Tostao did more impressive things than Pele did with those "brick balls".Pele just got lucky to play in the most stacked NT's of the time an winning 3 WCs thanks to that.If Pele played for France no one would dare to call him the GOAT

He was better than both. And has a really long penis.

>Rivelino,Cruyff or even fucking Tostao did more impressive things than Pele did with those "brick balls".
That's one sour drop in a bucket of sweet things. The world disagrees with you and I do too.
Not only that's factually incorrect, that's impossible to think within reason. Rivellino and Tostao were passers, played recessed and would rarely make runs or receive the ball while running. These were tasks fro the men up front. How hard is it to receive a pass when you play recessed? I doubt you even know these players. You talk about them as if they were the Totti of the past, lol.

Get your memes right, Pedro. You don't even know the players you defend as alternate better players.

the reason people don't rate him is because Cred Forums is full of contrarian faggots
don't try to reason with them, it's pointless