Why didn't his youth coaches push him to being a CM?

Why didn't his youth coaches push him to being a CM?

>big
>fast
>strong
>amazing technique
>decent defence when he tries
>great headers
>vision

I know he is a lazy goal hanging pussy now but if he hadn't had an easy life out on the wing and applied himself to the midfield skillset Messi wouldn't even be in the conversation for most dominant player of all time

because of the blistering pace and penchant for doing flashy tricks?

because he doesn't like tracking back?

because coming in from the left is where he's most effective?

what a bizarre thread

he'd be wasted as a midfielder no? gotta put a body like that in the box

>Why didn't his youth coaches push him to being a CM?
because he's shit there

Not tracking back is a learned trait from being spoilt at Madrid. At United he tracked back a fair bit and was decent at breaking up play.

Why doesn't Ibrahimovic play as a defender? Why isn't Messi a fullback?

why isn't suarez a goalkeeper?

>at United he tracked back

No he didn't, and Ferguson let him get away with it because he was so useful when attacking. It's been the same story with every manager he's played for since then too.

Physically I guess Ibra probably would have been a beast defender. Messi at fullback/suarez at keeper makes no sense at all.

People seem to think CM isn't an important role, he'd fucking boss teams at CM. Any pacey stepover hack can be good on the wing, Ronaldo is wasted out there.

desu i was always saying since the beggining of time that Messi would be the greatest fullback ever

I guess this is why italian football is in the gutter with us

You probably think Moreno is a good left back you fucking retard

moreno is world class la

Because Ronaldo was a skinny stepover pacebabby in his young days.

>>big
>>fast
>>strong
>>great headers

ah yes, all essential traits for a world class midfielder

>why didn't coaches force a great of the game into a position he doesn't fit
>inb4"great"

>Amazing technique
>le step over 20 times then miss 85% of the time

Why didn't his youth coaches push him into being a fullback?

>Ronaldo is wasted out there
>3 golden balls
>3 Champions Leagues
>1 European Championship
>Can't remember right now how many domestic leagues
>over 1 goal each game at real madrid
stop posting, Luigi

He means that if he was a CM, he'd probably get a lot more than these.

>vision

no

>vision
I'm sorry but do you say that based on how many assists he's given? Because I can't think of any other way you'd reach that conclusion. Assists don't necessarily mean a player has great vision, though.

Cristiano only excels at crosses. Most of his assists come from short passes outside the box, just inside the box or a simple low cross inside the area. Quite frankly, the majority of his assists are very simple and he deserves barely any credit for them (as should any player that simply pass the ball back and gets a lucky assist off a great shot from a team mate) except for his crosses which are actually pretty good.

Why didnt his youth coaches push him out of soccer?

he was too heavy

he was world class at 19, peaked and has been shit compared to what he was then since

>strong
Yet falls over so easily when challenged
>amazing technique
Not really. He's a 7/10 technique wise.
>vision
His vision is James Milner tier. It's nowhere near good enough to be a world class playmaker.

300,000£ too heavy

>world class at 19

No he wasn't. He was just a promise at the same level of what Quaresma was. We're talking about 2004 m8.

In 2004 he lit up the Euros and was the starting CF for the biggest club in world football. Comparing him to Quaresma is ridiculous.

Quaresma was looking really fucking good though, its too bad he didnt pan out

So now that the dust has settled, can someone explain to me what happened to Ronaldo at the Euro's i don't watch much of the sport, but I'm confused. Firstly he was obviously not injured it was a non contact injury, which usually is a torn acl or something, but he got up of his own volition, and walked off and then was running up and down the sideline like a madman the rest of the game.
So my question is basically twofold.
1. Was he like faking it to get a call or something?
2. Why didn't he go back in when he was clearly healthy? Is there a rule against subbing back in?
It strikes me as absurd someone who is supposed to be the GOAT woupd miss half the game when he could still run and jump. (leg injury not a concussion)

>amazing technique
>decent defense
>>>>>>>vision
These are the people who you share the board with and argue if Ronaldo is up to Messi

enough FIFA for you Simone

you can't get subbed back in.
ever gotten a real bad strain in your hamstring/anywhere else? no way to play through it

Payet smacked into his firmly planted leg from the side, you could quite clearly see it on TV. I personally think that he suffered an injury of his collateral ligament and maybe some added cartilage and meniscus damage. Considering his fast recovery, it can't have been that bad.

He also didn't run around like you describe it. He clearly had difficulties, was treated next to the pitch 2 times, but in the end the pain became too much.

How is it possible that a player whose technique has been getting worse and worse over the years is going to win his fourth (4th) ballon d'or, while players like Xavi and Modric will retire with zero (0)?. To answer the OP, the truth is that he has zero attributes as a midfielder. In fact he can only perform as a winger that always finishes his plays inside the box, or as a centreforward (but he's too much of a pussy to actually challenge defenders a whole game round).

maybe that's why france football have decided to stop going together with fifa for the ballon d'or