So I just found out that the Jaguars and Colts are playing at Wembley tomorrow...

So I just found out that the Jaguars and Colts are playing at Wembley tomorrow, and another 2 games scheduled to be played in the UK this month

Why do Americans pressure others into watching their sport? You don't see BPL teams playing over there during the regular season. Why are they so desperate?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they need to put their commercials somewhere else so they can make money selling their low grade shitty products.

Most of us don't care for it either, but the NFL sees dollar signs.

You have to understand something. The NFL has basically gotten to the point where almost every American watches it. If you own a TV, and you're not in some sort of demographic that the NFL would never appeal to anyway, you probably watch the NFL. At some point, the NFL can't grow anymore in the US.

They tried growing into Mexico, but Mexico is a third world shit hole that will never care about anything other than soccer anyway. Canada has too low of a population, has its own football league, and much prefers Hockey. England is really just the next logical choice. They're going to put a permanent team in London. It's stupid and impractical, but it's going to happen. Give it a decade or two, and there will be teams in other countries, too. The NFL is a fucking behemoth.

>implying brit """girls""" aren't craving to see american BBC in London

>Why do Americans pressure others into watching their sport?
We didn't buy the tickets for the people who are going
>You don't see BPL teams playing over there during the regular season
Only except pic related happens every year, even if they are reserves.

>regular season
>july 28

they're trying to build a fanbase so when they put the London Bearskins here permanently, there'll be people to attend matches.

I don't really have a problem with the sport getting more attention here, I enjoy it. A few years ago there wasn't really any attention on it, but now there's two NFL highlights shows on the BBC per week, and these London games get televised live on prime weekend BBC.

I just wish they'd broadcast more live games on the BBC, because there's fucking zero big sport on free TV anymore. They could at least show all the playoff games instead of just the Superbowl.

m8 they don't even air the World Cup final on free TV here.

They typically are contractually obligated to do that, the rest of the world watches the World Cup final for free

They only want Islam in London m8

I enjoy it but I doubt it will ever get big enough here in England.

Imagine the controversy if an EPL team played a season game in another country. The fans would literally riot. Americans are plastic and NFL isn't popular enough for them to care.

I don't think he will leave Leicester, m8

It's a fucking disgrace. Completely fucks the pitch with those fat bastards running around on it.

>implying our (any?) women are as degenerate as yours

You literally have an "E"PL team based in Wales you stupid fuck

They wouldn't riot. Remember the talk about the 39th game? Everyone hated the idea, just like Americans hate this idea, but we all just threw our hands up and lamented that this is how the world is now.

Hand egg is sooooo much better entertainment.

You want to see vicious hits? We have perfected the equipment that you can get absolutely devestated and only have long term head trauma.

You like strategy? NFL teams literally throw out 90% of their playbooks EVERY WEEK.

You like athleticism? Wait until you see a 250 pound MAN launch himself with abanddon at larger men and win. Wait until you see a kick return for a touchdown. Wait until you see men airborne.

This sport is BY FAR the best ever invented, they literally adapt and evolve it every year. There is no tradition, the best teams are not the richest, and everyone has a chance every year at making a run.

Fuck soccer, screw rugby, what the fuck is a cricket. The NFL is your sport now.

Nah m8 we're just not that insecure to get mad about it

And those are YARDS marked off. Motherfucker jumped 18 feet with full equipment on and hurdled a man.

they've been trying to force it here for like 10 years

>(((Americans)))
And we don't really care if you like it.
Honestly seeing the league move a shit team like the Jags there to have

>What is television

OI OI M8 IF U LEAVE PAKISTAN IMMA HOOK U 1 RITE IN DA GABBER

>wake up
>Britsharias are obsessed with us
>look outside and the sun has risen in the east

Looks like another typical day

>America's lap dog will be happy over America's scraps

And now Bob with the weather

lol its fucking boring pal

It's the MLS regular season

>Walking billboard
>Advertisement so around the field

Face it, soccer is a 90+ minute commercial

>that thumb

There already were teams in the UK, Germany, etc in the 90s

It won't happen. They polled players and many of them said they'd refuse to move to another country, not to mention the London team would have a huge home-field advantage.

It's just a dead idea that's being kept alive by one guy in the league that won't face reality.

> He doesn't know an "English" premier league team already exists outside of England (Swansea)
>He calls other fans plastic

Throwing stones from a glass house m8.

>They adapt and evolve it every year
They should've stopped adapting and evolving it about 10 - 15 yrs ago. The hitting is neutered, which allows for a lot more offense and underneath routes. I miss the older NFL where QBs could actually be hit without a flag immediately coming.

England and Wales are both in the same country

Then why do they have seperate leagues, national team, player nationalities etc

It's nice on the east coast because we get games from 930am to midnight

Completely besides the point. England and Wales are both in the same country.

Pedro pls. Mexico is the second biggest audience for the NFL.

Actually I'm going to watch Raidshits v Toxins this November here in Mexico City.

Feels good familia

It will never be successful in Europe, I hope it does far worse than expected this season all these Wembley games

Then why don't Celtic and Rangers also play in the English league?

Delete this.

Why do you fuckers keep selling out the stadium when they do?

>The NFL is a fucking behemoth.

This is what Americans believe.

Why is it that American "men" literally always have black cock on the mind?

>grassdive is exciting

oh you :-)

Gets too cold in america in some cities to play outside in winter and it snows alot

We usually don't really want them there but you guys always give the NFL tons of money every time. Apparently Football is moderately popular in England (don't meme, the ticket sales and facebook shit already spoke)

This is probably the most you'll ever get though as there are more Football fans in Canada and Mexico (especially Mexico it is VERY popular over there, like 1/3 watch it or some shit)

Revenue-wise it is the biggest league in the world, followed by the MLB then the EPL. It is over twice the size of the EPL revenue-wise

When will the EPL have league games here? Sounds like easy money to me.

I'm going tomorrow. I went to Vikings/Steelers and 49ers/Jaguars in 2013, enjoyed it enough but me and my mate said we'd only do it again if it was my Colts or his Pats.

Spurs new ground is being built with NFL in mind, I'd probably go down for a few London Spitfires games each season.

The Welsh league was only formed in 1992, so before that Welsh teams could only play in the English league system unless they wanted to play in some irrelevant regional village league. When it was formed, some of the smaller teams moved over to the new league whilst others stayed.

There's Swansea, Cardiff, Newport, Wrexham, Colwyn Bay and Merthyr Town that play in the English system.

It's history and tradition, which whilst I enjoy the NFL it is sorely lacking in both.

>It's history and tradition, which whilst I enjoy the NFL it is sorely lacking in both.
This has to be the most fedora and ignorant post I have ever seen on the subject of soccer v. football, professional soccer in England is literally 30 years older than professional football, they both have significant history and tradition. Football isn't even my favorite sport, Baseball is, but this post is just retarded.

A paki throwing stones, imagine that.

It was maybe a little blasé but it's true.

The NFL has a history and a couple of old teams (some rebranded and relocated beyond recognition), but for the vast majority it's 60s and later franchises. The NFL itself has changed, nobody except the Packers even talk about pre-Super Bowl titles. The organisers are not stymied by traditions like our owners are.

Meanwhile every team in the Premier League is over 100 years old and have played in the same colours in the same area for most of that time.

Same goes for every team in the rest of the Football League (except MK Dons).

My own club, the owner wanted to change the name from Hull City to Hull Tigers. And quite rightly on the back of mass protests, the FA told him to fuck off. In the NFL they'd have been printing the new name over everything no questions asked.

32 of the 50 most valuable professional sports teams in the world are NFL teams.

The playoffs are mostly in American primetime, so that definitely doesn't help. I doubt you'd want to be up at midnight watching a wildcard round blowout.

Calling someone dumb before realizing there are teams founded in the 1800s that are playing in england.

I believe you have some valid points however:

>some rebranded and relocated beyond recognition
Not a single team has been severely rebranded beyond recognition. The only old team that has moved a lot is the cardinals because they decided to always move to cities with other teams until recently, but regardless they have always been the Cardinals. The Browns also technically got completely rebranded but thats a complicated story because its not that simple to just rebrand a franchise, especially if its well established. Also if an owner wants to relocate they have to have the rest of the league comply, they can't just move their team on a whim and very often they aren't allowed to by the rest of the league, only a few cases with cities that are too weak/hate their team.

Also EPL owners can rebrand if they want and they do. As a matter of fact in the early days of professional football in England, teams rebranded on a whim. Arsenal used to be called something else and was changed several times.

They played but they didn't get paid, if you want to go back that far then you could argue down to the beginning of time to when a sport started. I am going by when professional editions of the sport started. Going by this professional baseball started 10 years before professional soccer which started ~30 years before professional football.

>The NFL itself has changed, nobody except the Packers even talk about pre-Super Bowl titles.
technically thats incorrect because the equivalent titles for pre-bowl era are still gotten, just getting them is the ticket to the super bowl.

>In the NFL they'd have been printing the new name over everything no questions asked.
objectively incorrect, for established teams there would be an uproar

Atleast the match isn't stopped every 5 fucking seconds.

>Boreball

Somehow people pay to watch luckswing? ffs.

>Meanwhile every team in the Premier League is over 100 years old and have played in the same colours in the same area for most of that time.
>Same goes for every team in the rest of the Football League (except MK Dons).

And Arsenal.

Because the NFL actually believes that you fucks would like to have your own team, even though everyone knows what happened the last time the NFL tried to work outside of the country.

Jaguars have the worst coach in the NFL not named Fisher.

>Handegg
>Much Better.

Chose One and only One.

Please Reginald go read an interesting novel about a man and a bridge u crumpet dippin scoundrel

Literally this. It has nothing to do with Americans giving a shit if you watch it or spooky big brother trying to force their culture on you.

Its literally a cash grab by the NFL and that's it

That was an entire league, though. This is much less ambitious. The plan is to move the Jaguars (who nobody gives a shit about anyway and who have a British owner) to London. They'll play in Tottenham's new stadium 8 times per season. All they need is decent attendances in a 60,000 seater stadium, which is absolutely tiny.

You're talking completely out of your arse mate.

A few teams before the first World War changing their names as they grew from work sides into clubs representing larger areas is an organic process. Wholesale introduction of franchises in living memory isn't.

No, Arsenal FC had settled down in North London before the first World War, that's more than a century ago now.

this picture is laughably out of date

The end result will be the same though. The team will probably get sellout games in the first few games or even for season, but as the season wears on, not to mention competing against the Premier League, it will eventually wind down to a few ten or so thousand. If even that.

Hopefully then the NFL will stop trying to expand outside of the United States.

I wouldn't laugh too hard.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue

I can understand Niggerball, but how the fuck is luckswing still there? How many baby boomers are still fucking alive to watch that shit?

Not really

>believing memes ADHD-addled chicanos post on Cred Forums

Baseball isn't actually dying

Sorry jamal us white folk still run this shit

If you would walk outside you would realize that it is still extremely popular, it literally isn't dying. I could understand you not seeing it if you lived in the upper midwest but if you live near major city you have no excuse but just not going outside

>yurosemen "money" is the default

I never said is was dying, 'Im just shocked that people actually liked that shit. Handegg and Niggerball I get, but luckswing is almost as bad as Golf, and in extreme cases worse than it.

Baseball has 162 games a year.

Most of the players spend most of the game standing in place or slowly jogging. The only thing that doesn't stop is the clock.

m8

even football fans find football boring and don't want to have so many games played in the US

Yeah man i'm sitting on my couch forcing and pressuring you to go to an nfl game

Are you that dense?

>Exhibition games = league games

seriously proving that 99% of americans are fat retards

to be fair lad, the game is played during the MlelS regular season. But regardless he is still giving the rest of us a bad image.

We don't want more games because the game is dangerous and more games = more injuries. More injuries = lower quality games

International Series is a meme