/mlb/ general - IT'S TIME EDITION

>Mariners must win tonight
>Tigers must win Sunday and Monday
>If Blue Jays and Orioles win tomorrow Tigers are eliminated
>If Tigers win Sunday and Monday with a Blue Jays/Orioles loss we get MEME MAGIC

>Who gives a fuck about the NL

Every game is at 3pm tomorrow on MLB NETWORK

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/mlb/
strawpoll.me/11346144
fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=nl&qual=200&type=8&season=2016&month=0&season1=2016&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=8,d
fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=al&qual=200&type=8&season=2016&month=0&season1=2016&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=8,d
m.sfgate.com/giants/article/Giants-Moore-clobbered-at-Dodger-Stadium-9238509.php
forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2016/09/28/here-are-the-2016-mlb-prime-time-television-ratings-for-each-team/
crainscleveland.com/article/20160928/BLOGS06/160929777/indians-ranked-28th-in-mlb-in-attendance-but-had-second-largest-per
crainscleveland.com/article/20160925/NEWS/160929864/indians-playoff-run-is-driving-season-ticket-sales-for-2017
sporcle.com/games/chill11th/mlb-teams-by-market-size
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_and_Canadian_cities_by_number_of_major_professional_sports_franchises
youtu.be/KPjDfN9E74o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mets

every game, all at once? i don't think my screen is big enough

>tfw no MiLB gf

mets WS

Mariner pull to within one.

Seriously

>#here forever

You can only post in this thread if your team has nothing to play for tomorrow

Happy 13th birthday, Cred Forums

>Cred Forums is underageb&

This is now a Mets thread.

Don't the Jays have the tiebreak with the Tigers?

Are the jays not in already?

If they lose tomorrow and the tigers win that'll put the tigers 0.5gb and if they win their game that's a tie and the Jays win?

Or are we waiting on Seattle for all this

Fuck that noise, please win tomorrow Birdbros.

This is now a Minor League Mets thread.

Feels good being a fan of the best team in the league

Didn't realize Nicholas Cage was in the Mets farm system.

Teams that are tied after 162 games play a game 163 to determine who gets the postseason spot.

I train with Pilates in the offseason and in-season on a daily basis. Pilates gets my body into a position where I'm activated, I'm loose and I'm ready to go as soon as I step out onto the field. It aids my warm-up process; it gets me much more ready for the day of activity than any other type of warm-up ever has. And the amount of core strength that I've built with Pilates and hamstring strength and hip mobility and mobility in my shoulders and my spine -- those are all things that directly correlate with what I have to do on the field.

I kind of brought Pilates to the Cubs. I went to Ricketts, Jed, Theo, and I told them this is our way to be innovative. In five to 10 years, every clubhouse in baseball is going to be doing this. I think at first a lot of guys were skeptical. But as time has gone by, the amount of guys that are taking part in either a morning routine of Pilates or an afternoon session is pretty high. I'd say there's been 15-20 guys that are actively using Pilates. And they are all seeing the added benefit.

can we out-meme the meme teams?

>his team has lost 4 or more in a row
>his team hasn't won 14 in a row
>"""best"""

ONE

STRIKE

Daily reminder that beating the Dodgers is equivalent to winning the WS for Giants fans

DESIGNATED

Sleepover at Napoli's?

AWAY

does any dodgers fan here even know what winning a WS feels like?

It's been a while

Good post

MULTIPLE

Count me in.

SURVIVOR

The LA Dodgers have 5 rings
SF Giants only have 3

>his team doesn't have homefield throughout the playoffs

OLD
MEME

No, we've been over this countless times

SERIES

SAVAGE

ONE

that didnt answer my question though

were you alive in 1989?

(NOTHING WRONG WITH ME)

WEDNESDAYS
ON ABC

1988*

TWO

STRIKE

No, stop responding to autists

(NOTHING WRONG WITH ME)

>WE

>BUILT

Cleveland seems to trump Texass in all but HR and SLG

>THIS

Oh, and Texas gets .001 above the Indians on batting average

>CITY

>SOME

>ON

BODY

>ROCK

This is now a shitposting thread.
>what went wrong, besides blue jays winning?

>the state of this general

>heart
>hustle
>determination/focus
>fundamentals/good baseball iq
>clutch
>exciting
>youthful

>AND

>ONE
>STOLEN
>BASE

>ROLL

You're goddamn right!

If you don't make it past the first round (protip: you won't) it doesn't matter much

>mfw mlb network tomorrow

Only way the Jays aren't in automatically is on a 3 or 4 way tie

Who the fuck have the Rockies been playing all year? They're second or third in almost every (regular) offensive measure

Not even in your wildest dreams

>Where the fuck have the Rockies been playing all year? They're second or third in almost every (regular) offensive measure
This should answer your question.

Is this your first year watching or do you not understand the Rockie elevation thing yet?

who teh fuck r u

He looks inbred here.

Well he is Mormon

Just a bad shot of the Bryce "is Right" Harper desu

>oh, hi there san francisco

>tfw the Jays lose tomorrow, and the Tigers win tomorrow and against the Indians, forcing a tie which the Tigers then win

>inb4 JV shelled tomorrow

>racist cartoon
>lawful good

yeah ok man

>mfw the mariners and tigers win two in a row, the blue jays and orioles lose tomorrow, and there is a dual game 163 on tuesday to decide the wild card matchup on wednesday

it would truly be the most autistic three days in /mlb/ history

>implying the Blue Jays do-or-die offence and unpredictable bullpen equate to anything "neutral"

>>>r/mlb

Slow down Hillary

>losing to the fucking braves

>Losing to david fucking price

It's r/baseball dumbass

>David Price in big games

it's not 'october' october quite yet

>Leave carrying the fucking team on my back to me

>>>reddit.com/r/mlb/

TURN ON MLB NETWORK HOLY FUCK

>memeiners making it interesting
>doolittle does little

nice

This memeiner game is getting lit

Tigers have been losing to Native Americans all season.

>A's

>The ghetto of Oakland

GIVE THE MARINERS YOUR POWER

\O/

There is no bigger meme than the even year kind

lmaooo memeiners

felix looks like's about to cry

give ur meme powers to the m's brahs

robot umps when?

I like baseball

holy fuck these seattle announcers though

>This A's Mariners game

this fucking memeiner game

the a's are fucking awful.

damn noice

They're hokey but I kinda like it.

Didn't they make change the rule so you don't actually have to throw the 4 pitches for the intentional walk?

>loading the bases for cruz

Not yet, but Jewfred probably will this offseason.

I really don't want them to, it would fuck with pitch counts

>The state of Cruz

This is all just going to make it more heartbreaking for Mariners fans when they miss the playoffs

plus we'll miss the hilarity of pitchers throwing wild pitches on IBBs

I really can't understand it, I assume it's to help the pace of the game but IBBs aren't even that common

>A'ss

\○/
MARINERS!!!!!!!

>yfw Queen Felix gets SHELLED tomorrow

>Splatoon ads
I always forget Nintendo owns the Mariners, kind of cool desu

not anymore

Nintendo left

Oh dang. When and why?

Only like 10%. They sold their shares last month or so

>help the pace
Yeah that's the bullshit reason they use.

I feel like too sometimes pitchers have trouble re-finding the strikezone after four intentional balls, so it would also take out opportunities for chaos even after the IBB.

>madson
Oh god rip

don't really understand who fred is trying to appease with this bullshit

> Reddick

People who bitch about how long games are but don't watch anyway and don't realize how infrequent IBBs are.

So, basically TV execs.

I suppose cutting down commercial breaks after the 7th inning where it's one long train of bum ass relievers isn't in the question

>Jon Heyman @JonHeyman 3m3 minutes ago Aventura, FL
>Ventura is expected to be out as chisox manager. @CST_soxvan 1st, & says renteria to be replacement.

>Ventura is expected to be out as chisox manager. @CST_soxvan 1st, & says renteria to be replacement.

rip sugar jesus you always had the coolest name

JUST LOSE

Surprised Who's fans aren't celebrating over this.

RIP memeiners

I just can't express my happiness through mere words and pictures

What fans?

ahahahah

do the memes have anyone who doesnt throw down the middle?

JUST
U
S
T

Grats Whos

we could use a new third base coach
pls come back robin

>Memeiners have Cano and Cruz due up

what if they tie it

sun explodes

I'd be shock if the memeiners don't score at least a run

>the city of American League West relief pitching

>throwing sinkers as your primary pitch

Come on Oakland try and not be useless for once

>Chokeland K's pitching

wew lad

He was sick in his last start and he was still hitting 99 with his fastball. I think he's got a few seasons in him before his arm explodes.

Got some bad news for you

>O's in neutral good

thats wrong, swap them with the Sox

How the fuck are the red sox neutral good?

>the city of seattle

finally chokeland being useful

Press F to pay respects.

F

>M's

>memeiners

>Shittatle

what the hell, I wanted you to win too, now i have to pick between the leafs and the tiggers

F.

F

suck this fat veiny dick memenerds

good game
good season.

that was a wild fun game. i thought they were finished after the last homestand but they kept me hoping until the end of game 161.

maybe next year lads.....

15 FUCKING YEARS

Rest in pieces M's

F

F

There's no crying in baseball

>RIP

>Felix Hernandez will never pitch in the postseason

Can we just contract the Mariners at this point?

Cause we have guys like Mookie Betts, JBJ and Nintendo that are just playing their hearts out and loving the game of baseball to offset people like David Price whose a shitty fucking ring hunter and David ortiz who you people see as "dirty"

O's have one good player and hes a pissy little cunt, Memechado and like three steroid users

they fucking aint good, both in morality and on the field

rip mariners
you guys had a good run

Sorry bro

I was rooting for you guys to lose because I'm nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor, but I do feel for you guys. Tough titties I guess

I'm at a party and i hate my self and everyone around me. At least I have the mets.

poor felix ;_;

>tfw you have the best fans in baseball

lolno

>arcade league

>October has arrived

Who can stop us?

That's not the Cardinals

>tfw you find a new team

>current year
>still leagueposting

>letting the giants squeek into the postseason during an even year

i mean if he pitched well this season the mariners would probably be in the wild card by now

Look at how shitty most of the NL was this season, triptard. It's >free wins for over half the league.

The Mets

face it, they were 60-62 and now they're in the playoffs

they're destined to win

Which member of the Giants will win NLCS MVP? Will it be the same one who wins WS MVP?

so what happens now with the jays now that the Ms are out? is there still tiebreaker fuckery or do the jays garentee at least one of the wild cards cause they have the tie breakers over both the Os and detriot?

exactly. he hasn't pitched well, especially in big divisional games and/or in front of big crowds with high expectations.

Who you rooting for, M's bros?

I'll go with bmore i guess

yeah how did that even happen

last time I heard about them their lineup was hot garbage and their entire pitching staff was dead

>doubting the jints in an even year

They're gonna get red-hot and meme their way to another ring. You can't stop it.

>attendance almost half a million higher than the #2 team

Shit rest of the league are you even trying?

if you lose and the tigers win two in a row then you have to play game 163

Overperformed their peripherals. Meanwhile, the jints have massively underperformed theirs for 3 months. Both teams are due for severe regression.

What if the Orioles lose too and they're all tied?

I would expect the yankees to be right behind us. why are they so shit

Pleb taste my friend

Lancaster is superior to Fresno in every way

The Mets meme is strong this year

even numbers can't trump this comeback

you only need one ticket to win the lotto. meme magic rolls on

it's almost like every possible scenario wasn't already covered by every single baseball news outlet

If the Tigers lose to Braves/Indians it's Orioles/Blue Jays

If Tigers win Braves/Indians and either the Orioles/Jays lose today then it's 3 way

I watch ESPN. They don't care about baseball.

The Toronto Blue Jays will host the first game of a potential three-way tiebreaker Tuesday while the Baltimore Orioles have opted to play one home game Wednesday instead of playing two potential road games to earn a wild-card berth, MLB officials told USA TODAY Sports.

The officials spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity since MLB has not publicly announced the teams’ decisions if there’s a three-way tiebreaker between the Blue Jays, Orioles and Detroit Tigers.

The Blue Jays, designated as Team A in the tie-breaker procedure, informed MLB they would host the first game on Tuesday. If they lose, would play the following day in Baltimore against the Orioles.

The Orioles, designated as Team B, decided to host a one-game sudden-elimination game Wednesday at Camden Yards against the loser of the Blue Jays and Tigers’ game. They had the option of having two chances, both on the road, to reach the wild-card game. They instead opted to play the one home game, an Orioles executive confirmed to USA TODAY Sports.

COME ON DODGERS YOU FUCKING BASTARDS BEAT THE GIANTS AND MAKE THEM HAVE TO ATLEAST PLAY THE CARDS BEFORE YOU GET SHITSTOMPTED BY THE NATS AND LET THE GIANTS WIN IT ALL AGAIN

>meminors have not made the playoffs in 15 years
my sides

>he doesn't understand why his league plays in the arcade

Bandwagoners

No they don't. The jays have a winning record against both teams if its a 3 way tie.

Cabrera came back and got hot. Cespedes came back and got hot. Granderson got hot. Reyes injected life into the team. TJ Rivera got called up and his been hitting like .350. Bruce finally got hot. Duda came back.

Also, Lugo and Gsellman have been pitching really well.

its just an off week bro we dont give a fuck

Top kek

Tigers would still be in contention if all teams win tomorrow , if they win Monday...

This is where we have serious meme magic

>He isn't rooting for a 3 way tie

Explain yourself

so tiggs play two road games, nice

Mariners have missed the playoffs for longer than Cred Forums has been around.

>Overperformed their peripherals. Meanwhile, the jints have massively underperformed theirs for 3 months.

no, the jints bullpen collapsed. it cost them multiple wins
the mets survived due to depth

if you win tomorrow its going to be the last win of the year for you cunts anyways, your team is dogshit compared to the cubs and nats and you don't have bullshit magic like the giants

F m's

because I'm rooting for tiggs elimination before monday

The Mets are being held together with scotch tape and Elmer's glue. I think their meme magic is stronger.

this, no one likes the tigers

>thinking we wont meme a win off the nats
>thinking a team without harper can do shit

You got a problem with the radio?

tigers must
>win in atlanta sunday
>win in detroit vs cleveland monday
>win in toronto tuesday
>win in toronto/baltimore thurday ???

this is so fucking confusing thanks manfred

>implying

>>thinking a team without harper can do shit
harper is hitting like .244 this year lol, fucking casual
why not mention wilson ramos being out for the season or murphy being banged up? do all dodgers fans know nothing about baseball?

At least someone gets it

He's going to steal the ERA title and Cy Young later today and there's NOTHING you can do about it

And without their all-star catcher

Or Strasjew being out for the NLDS and possibly the postseason.

harpers finger fell off he is done

Why is he so handsome?

which team is a better match up for the Mets?

No even year meme pls

Got damn tho i would totally motorboat those nachos

strawpoll.me/11346144
strawpoll.me/11346144
strawpoll.me/11346144

Yeah, and then I guess the ALDS would start on Friday in Texas.

cardinals have worse starting pitching and they steal fewer bases

Success preserves the body well

cardinals by nature are a better matchup because they win like we do, via the home run ball, and syndergaard is the best starter in baseball at preventing home runs
the giants offense matches up better with thor and would give him more problems

Cards don't have an ace to send to the WC game, so they're an easier opponent.

To follow up with what Mets fag said, the Cardinals have played shit defense all year. The Giants are a much tougher team for the Mets, despite the fact that the Mets have hit Giants starters well this season.

>Success preserves the body well

So does getting the rules changed so you never have to actually defend home plate

So if M's don't make it next year then Dipoto is blowing that team up right? It'll end up being a 22 year drought

He didn't change the rules, the commissioner's office did

Excessive sodium ages you quick though so your bum bitch ass should lay off of it

why are former players such shitty general managers

Cards:

>No ace
>shit defense
>Solid pen
>Great lineup

Jints:

>Great defense
>Bumgarner
>Questionable lineup
>JUST-tier pen

Good season Ms bros.
Its been fun
See you all next year

Carlos Martinez is a quasi-ace

>Tigers and Red Sox win tomorrow , Tribe loses automatically giving Red Sox homefield advantage , Orioles lose
>Indians forfiet the Monday game
How likely is this to happen?

...what?

unless the other team has an actual ace, the pitching duel is in our favor
giants are by far a worse matchup, hope they lose the play-in game

EVENYEAR
V
E
N
Y
E
A
R

If the jints end up playing game 163, they can just use Cueto for that and send Bumgarner out for the WC game. So the jints aren't hurt at all if they have to play both elimination games. Benefit to having 2 aces.

>Tigers
>win
Not likely.

is there a memier WS matchup than Jays - Jints?

you get to choose literally canada or to continue the even year curse (that's 4 rings for bumgarner and posey)

even year memes aside, I don't see us getting past Syndergaard

He made us look silly last time. Anything can happen though, so we'll see

Royals

They lit him up the first time though. Stole a shitload of bases on him and he looked helpless out there.

You fuckers better win today

That's right huh. Shit man, the early part of this season feels like a lifetime ago by now. Doesn't even seem like it happened after watching the second half. I just hope we can get hot again when it matters

Giants only have one ace

Relax, senpai. Even if we go to game 163, the odds are in our favor to make the WC because of pic related.

(You)

i thought they were going to start samardzija in the tiebreaker game?
>syndergaard allowed more stolen bases than the mets stole this year
feels bad man

F

AHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

>Cueto 5th in the league in wins
>Madbum autism in the playoffs
C'mon senpai

will Cleveland still play Detroit even if the latter one will be eliminated today?

If it's needed to determine home-field between Cleveland and Boston, then yes.

is he the worst manager in baseball?

fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=nl&qual=200&type=8&season=2016&month=0&season1=2016&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=8,d

The CYA should obviously go to a pitcher with at least 200 IP. These are all the guys that qualify. Which deserves the award?

It's too bad the Orioles didn't have Andy Pettitte to pitch the 8th for them tonight, they really could have used him

I really hope it will, like the tie between the Cubs and Pirates didnt trigger enough of my ocd

Indisputably yes.

Who's excited to see the Jints get eliminated by either the Cards or the NYCLippers?

fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=al&qual=200&type=8&season=2016&month=0&season1=2016&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=8,d

And here's the AL version

Only reason why they allowed the tie is cause the Pirates are eliminated and the Cubs already clinched home-field in the NL.

a giants-cardinals wild card game is impossible

Game 163

It's pretty much assured the Dodgers and Cards win tomorrow

yeah i spaced out on that possibility
who's starting for the giants?

So who's a better matchup for the Dodgers in the LCS? Cubs, Mets or Cards?

Matt Moore who was one hit away from a perfect game last time he played the Dodgers iirc

meh

Whatever

Seriously though if this shit DOES somehow continue to happen it's going to start fucking with my mind

He's a bit better with the stolen bases now. He uses a little slide step that sped his movement up, and Rivera is above average at throwing out baserunners.

No hitter, not perfect game

;-;

My b

>3 different players hit 30 HRs
>don't make the playoffs

Daily reminder that beating the Dodgers is more important to Giants fans than winning the WS

>American League "Pitching"

Remember when literally every dude on the MLB network predicted that the NL WC game would be the Giants (because >muh even year) against the Cardinals (because >experienced veterans)?

What a bunch of stupid faggots. Even Cliff Floyd thought the Mets would lose out.

A shame that a great pitcher like King Felix will NEVER pitch in the postseason

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

I JUST WANT ONE YEAR TO BE OUR YEAR

ONE

-1-

FUCK THE A'S

Cubs would probably be the hardest matchup for them, but I could see the Mets meming all over them and making it back to the WS if they get that far.

>watching arcade league

Also go mets

The As fucked us in 2014 and again today
Fuck those guys

Fuck lads I'm so hyped for all of tomorrow's games it's going to be fucking chaos

>tfw mets-orioles world series

Are the A's or Angels bigger rivals?

>1 game left
>Cardinals could miss the playoffs if they lose OR the Giants win tomorrow

O's fans were actually cool in the Mets-O's gamethreads. I wouldn't mind that matchup.

If the Mets make it to the NLDS and sweep the Cubs, do they go from being the loveable losers to being the most hated team in the country?

>Matt Moore who was one hit away from a perfect game last time he played the Dodgers
Matt Moore actually have up 6 or 7ER in 1 inning and was unable to record an out in the 2nd. That was his last outting against the Dodgers.

m.sfgate.com/giants/article/Giants-Moore-clobbered-at-Dodger-Stadium-9238509.php

I think you mean the best manager in baseball

Moore killing our season would be the perfect ending to that desastrous second half and that even more horrible trade

>cubs
>likable

Chicago can fuck off

at least he almost no-hit the Dodgers right? Lmoa

also, can someone tell me why the Mets have already home-field advantage locked for the wildcard game? If they lose and the Giants win tonight they share the same record, whats the measurement for the tie breaker? Same shit like if St.Louis and Giants end up with the same record, why is the 163rd game in St.Louis?

Fuck off Hanz proxy

Our rotation is stacked

Will casuals still care about the Cups when it isn't the back to the future meme year?

y-you t-too...
We'd probably be too elated from making it to the Eries for any real shitposting. And we'd all spend threads laughing at Walgreens for blowing it again.

check the winning percentage. It should also be the h2h record of tied.

You really are a delusional faggot

We're really missing Matt "singles only and no ACL" Duffy right now

we won the season series against the giants, i assume the cardinals did the same

Determined by the teams record against each other during the season.

Our rotation was stacked even before Moore, even better our offense had Duffy and a great chemistry.

Bumgarner, Cueto, Samardjiza and if healthy someday Cain are more than enough, no need for a below mediocre pitcher that will continue to average a 4.5 ERA for the next 5 years

Doesn't change the fact that most of the country are casuals that don't actually follow baseball and will root for the Cubs because of the "curse", just like last year.

Mets own the better record vs. Giants this season. I believe the have the same over the Cardinals as well.

>Casilla still hurting our season even tough he is benched since 2 weeks

you cant make this shit up

go ! red sox !

He's not a mediocre pitcher. He pitched in the AL east this year and is still getting his shit together after coming back. He is literally growing stronger lol

Fuck off with muh chemistry bullshit. Samardzija and Cain as 3-4 is not "stacked" at all you fucking idiot Cain is done

Just watch bro.

no

Name one hitter who was in his 40s who was better.

That's right, you can't.

how the hell can you even defend your opinion that these stats are not good enough to be the third starter? If not for his early game struggle and the complete lack of run support, he would be close to Cueto.

The cards win the WS every 5 years like they did in 2011 and 2006. They have to win but it is also an even year and the giants will make the playoffs

tha'ts big papi :)

Bartolo Colon

You're dumb as shit hanz. Matt Moores advanced metrics are fucking trash. He flashes some talent every now and then but he is so fucking far from cueto it's actually insulting. Cueto has outperformed bumshit. And you're sitting here thinking Matt fucken Moore is anywhere near the caliber of those two?

You're fucking stupid bro. Go watch a different sport.

this

are you retarded? Im talking about Samardjiza, learn to read

>Will casuals still care about the Cups when it isn't the back to the future meme year?
If it gets talked about on social media enough, then yes. Most casuals are already rooting for them.

Ajajajajajajajajajaaajajajajhddhsjahs he was talking about fucken samardzija who is even WORSE GOING BACK A FULL TWO SEASONs

>Shields never recovered

How would you rate your team overall this year in:

Starting pitching
Relief pitching
Hitting
Clutch Hitting
Fielding
Coaching

>5 million replies no one will read

i read this lol haha

Starting pitching
>B+
Relief pitching
>F-
Hitting
>D
Clutch Hitting
>-F
Fielding
>B
Coaching
>C

SF Giants

salmonella is worse than moore and an awful contract.

HEY

FUCK

YOU

Reminder that the baby league gets F U C K E D when they aren't gifted their crutch free outs

>Starting pitching
Kershaw
>Relief pitching
Jansen
>Hitting
Seager
>Clutch Hitting
Seager
>Fielding
Puig
>Coaching
Roberts+Honey

We clinched.
A+for the fourth consecutive year.

are you retarded or do you actually believe this

Reminder that baseball is a 2 part game that involved FIELDING and HITTING

AL teams don't even play real baseball

Reminder that a real game of baseball goes for nine entire innings (27 outs) and not 24 outs with three (THREE) free outs just when you need them the most

>Fielding
>B

jints have the best defense in the country this year what are you smoking

plenty of your fans already believe this. Just check your threads when he gets his shit pushed in for 4+ runs.
The dude is getting paid 90M to post AN ERA of 4 in a pitchers park. He's the definition of a scrub pitcher. Matt Moore is actually better in almost every metric. If your stupidity can't comorehend objective methodology then this sport and pitching discussions might now be best suited for you.

You literally said he would be on the same tier as cueto if he got run support when cueto himself had outperformed Bungarner and every pitcher except for Kershaw, JoFer, and syndergaard

Im done lol

AL doesn't play real baseball.

I dont remember anyone saying that. I specifically remember everyone saying he was hit or miss all year because sometimes he's be lights out and other times he'd give up dingers before the 6th inning. I dont know what narrative you make up in that piss addled peanut brain of yours, but its wrong

Starting Pitching
A
Relief Pitching
A-
Hitting
C+
Clutch Hitting
F that turned into a B+
Fielding
B
Coaching
A-

>mfw the dodgers WS drought is old enough to be saggy and have its fertility rates drop

>Starting pitching
C
>Relief pitching
A
>Hitting
B
>Clutch Hitting
RISP
>Fielding
B+
>Coaching
B

Something something STAWTAH something something USE YA NOODLE

and on top of that, his ERA isnt even 4, dipshit

>Coaching
>A-

>hitting
>C+

really makes you think

>My boy Kershaw has 3 cy youngs and yet it feels like an injustice to how good he is.

Should already have 5.

Injuns

>Starting pitching
Klubot: Excited.jpg,Team: B
>Relief pitching
Miller: Wew, Team: A-
>Hitting
Home: A-, Road C+
>Clutch Hitting
JRam: A, Team: B-
>Fielding
Frankie: A-, Team B
>Coaching
17 popsicles

This team had a 56 year WS drought and almost relocated twice in 20 years

Name this team

cant be the giants, they went in 1989

WS you foolish fuck

yes, the 1989 WS

good job

Lifelong Indians fan here (I watch from home ofc) and I we're A+++ in EVERYTHING!!! Loving my Tribe this year! Going all the way for the loyal fans

They also went to the 1962 World Series, that's only a 27 year gap between World Series appearances. Longest in their history

You know what team currently has a 27 year pennant drought?

wew

We get to watch the Indians play in the postseason in front of a half-empty stadium

jays

>triggered

Home games 1 & 2 already sold out in under an hour.

Autism speaks

Shut up.

Gotta be the first of the season

Make me

It wasn't but good try. Not sure why our attendance makes any difference to you anyway.

It's sad to see a very good team playing in front of 10,000 fans. The entire Indians organization has got to be wondering what's the point, even, if nobody in Cleveland gives a shit
It's sad and it shows the level of loyalty your city has for their baseball team

tfw A's fan watching the game at a Mariners fan friend's house

get so fucked

15 YEARS
>15 YEARS
15 YEARS
>15 YEARS

that's how I felt with those rays team where they had those several years of being really good.

Well it's been a week.

How you holding up, /mlb/?

You're projecting your view by just looking at the attendance without knowing anything else.

forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2016/09/28/here-are-the-2016-mlb-prime-time-television-ratings-for-each-team/
>In terms of the largest increase in prime time ratings, the AL Central winning Cleveland Indians rank at No. 6 seeing an eye-popping 71% increase in their year-over-year average rating in prime time pulling a 7.03 compared to a 4.10 average rating last season on SportsTime Ohio.

The middle column is how many thousands of households. For instance, the Indians had 103k, Rangers had 117k, Giants had 117k. Cleveland is a much smaller market than those and almost every other MLB city, btw.

crainscleveland.com/article/20160928/BLOGS06/160929777/indians-ranked-28th-in-mlb-in-attendance-but-had-second-largest-per
>In 2016, the Tribe's 14.6% improvement was topped only by the Blue Jays, whose attendance soared 22.7% to a whopping 41,729 per game.

>Six teams — the Jays, Indians, Mets (10.4%), Rangers (9.9%), Astros (9.3%) and Cubs (9.2%) — had attendance increases of at least 9% this season. But 18 of the 30 MLB clubs had their gate numbers drop this season.

crainscleveland.com/article/20160925/NEWS/160929864/indians-playoff-run-is-driving-season-ticket-sales-for-2017
>The club's season-ticket holders have renewed their seats at a 95% rate, and the Tribe is already approaching 9,000 FSEs for 2017 — with a postseason trip and an entire offseason still ahead.

Everything points to more interest so please spare me your bullshit narrative when it's obvious you don't know fuck all about it.

Not even close to the same situation. We've got a good ballpark which over the past 2 seasons they've made over $20 million in renovations and our owners added another investor a few months ago.
If anything they're more committed to Cleveland than they've ever been before.

Look, I do appreciate the effort and the research and all, and I truly hope you get to watch an exciting postseason. But, dude, the players can't hear you cheer from home. It's sad to watch your, again, very good team play in front of a crowd that fills 1/4th of the seats
That's shitty and you know it

a) I was at plenty of games so suck my balls.
b) Look again what I posted and click on those links. (>implying I researched this shit for you; I already read them before which is why I knew where to find this info).

It takes more than one year to rebuild a base, They had the second-highest increase in attendance and thanks to playoff priority ticketing they've got a huge start on season tickets for next year. Is that short enough and to the point for you?

>1/4 of the seats
See, this is why I can't really take you seriously. You don't know the current capacity of our ballpark and you obviously don't know basic math.

Raging at me won't put make more people attend Indians games.

Pointing out where I changed thoughts mid-sentence also won't make more people attend Indians games.

Will the Indians have to have a giveaway night during the World Series to fill the seats?

I'm not mad. Just amused at how when you can't dispute facts you revert to back to this Will you admit that you have nothing to add of substance to this discussion?

Even though I'm a jays fan I want them to lose for that intense as fuck tigers Indians game holy shit

>you can't dispute facts
Indians fans don't go to games. This is a fact that cannot be disputed. Your changing the subject and then saying "stay on subject" is a poor way of arguing.

Further, having a full-on rage and sputtering out quotes from ESPN about how loyal Indians fans are because they watched a game on TV in May is some weak shit, my man.

Indians fans don't go to games and that's sad.

Tito would likely rest most of the starters and supposedly would use the back end of the bullpen. Don't count on a competitive game if it happens.

Everything that I posted was cited and sourced. Nothing that you posted was supported by anything.

The only "raging" I'm doing is how you haven't focused on what I posted and are repeating yourself, which shows this wasn't about you trying to understand it.

>cited and sourced
and off-topic. I'm saying you've got bad apples, and you're coming back with "b-but our oranges are pretty good!"

Just take the L, bandwagon.

Doesn't matter though. Twins can beat the Cubs any given night. Would be such a great game to watch in terms of intensity

meme magic. no reason to think about anything.

>You're projecting your view by just looking at the attendance without knowing anything else.
This is what I started with. Then I went on to provide you with more information beyond that which you obviously didn't look at.

If that's really all you've got for me still then there was no honest discussion of the topic to begin with.

I don't really see us winning that game with Jesus Aguilar and Michael Martinez but sure I guess. I'll be following it either way.

Leave October to me

>rags

Indians fans don't go to games.

You don't know simple fractions.

You're dumb.

Indians fans don't go to games.

see

At least you finally gave up.

Not much point if you can't be engaged in a discussion that actually goes somewhere.

There is no discussion. I'm just laying out stone cold facts.

see

You layed out a bunch of shit that shows there is a flourishing baseball interest in Cleveland.

This does not circumvent the fact that regardless of that a pitiful number of people actually support the Indians by going to games, which indicates newness/a lack of dedication of the new fans.

I already posted they had the second-highest increase in attendance in MLB. If that coupled with the FSEs for next season doesn't show you that the interest in translating to actual attendance, then I don't know what else to tell you.

More fans committed themselves to going to games this season. More fans committed themselves to renewing their season tickets for next year. More fans committed themselves to buying new season tickets and more are expected to from there with the postseason and offseason still to go.

That's not "pitiful" if you're able to look beyond just an average that's ranked along with at least 25 larger markets.

DELET

These rank 28 mental gymnastics are something else. You're dead set on convincing everyone Cleveland has the best fans in baseball, and that legitimately shit attendance is really great attendance if you squint and turn your head sideways.

Also, you're proud of a bandwagon. A bandwagon that's 28th in attendance.

lmao the shitty of leaveland

see

Reminder that more people went to white sox games to Watch Hope Die than went to see a first place Indians team tear shit up

>inb4 who

sporcle.com/games/chill11th/mlb-teams-by-market-size

>at least 25 bigger markets
Thats literally false, the Cleveland MSA is the 16th biggest in the country. Considering that there are only 15 larger MSAs and some if them have to split it with another team (always creating a more popular and less popular team that regardless of only capturing 1/3 of baseball fans still has better attendence than the Indians except Oakland) and the fact that literally every single team with their own market that is smaller than Cleveland's (except Tampa) has more attendence, shows that The Indian's attendence is absolutely pitiful. They are a great team but they have shit attendence. If they go deep in the playoffs and make a couple WS appearences soon then I'm sure they will shoot up but right now their current attendence is hilariously bad for the number of people in Cleveland's area.

Y'all actually thought we were gonna miss the post season ? Kek

I TRIED SO HAAARD
AND GOT SO FAAAR
BUT IN THE EEEND
IT DOESN'T EVEN MAAAAAAAATTERRRRRRRRR...

YALL FUCKIN NIGGAS AXTUALLY THOUGHT WE WUS MISSIN THE PLAYOFFS !?!?!?

KEK

>leaf on the flag
>milk in a bag
>If you root for the jays
>you're definitely gay

>Starting pitching
C (AJ Griffin and Martin Perez, wew)
>Relief pitching
B (Tolleson and Wilhelmsen really fucked things up early in the year)
>Hitting
A- (Beltre, Odor, Lucroy, Beltran)
>Clutch hitting
A (ONE. RUN. GAMES.)
>Fielding
B+ (Elvis still makes stupid errors sometimes, Desmond isn't a lights-out CF but he'll do, Beltre's still got it though)
>Coaching
B (Banister's breddy gud)

I'm not the faggot making some nursery rhyme you little americuck

Show me your boipucci cause I'm about to shove my BCC (big Canadian cock) inside your moist little butt

Nice, I like it.

Why are Canacucks eternally unable to handle any amount of banter?

Serious question.

The Mets are probably one of the best or the best team in the NL IF their entire lineup and rotation aren't injured which is exactly what happened this year. They started to trail downwards after the real impact from all the injuries set in but then a bunch of our good guys came back and a bunch of uninjured guys heated up. Also the pitching replacments for having no rotation have gotten good.

Also Colon hit a home run which probably was enough meme power to shoot the mets into the paot season.

>Starting pitching
A+ best in the AL
>Relief pitching
A-
>Hitting
B+
>Clutch Hitting
F
>Fielding
Tulo only making it not an F
>Coaching
GIbbons an F, other coaching is good

I SAID SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING BOIPUCCI NOW

Here's a pussy

Ah, the famous Canadian "banter".

Open up cause I'm about to ejaculate my syrup down your throat

I was waiting for this to be posted.

It was only a matter of time.

I bet you tell that to every moose you fuck

Just the americuck wives I cuck

heem

>the entire shanty town of TEXASS butt blasted we cucked the fuck out of them out of the playoffs last season

Would be a
Shame if it were to..

Happen again ;)

le fall on ass man

I find it quite funny how the Jays are the "red neck" killers aka mop the floor with a (the) rag(s)

I can just imagine their inbred redneck accents screaming in frustration already

HE SLEEP

Jose Bawwtista gets knocked the FUCK out by air! The very wind knocks him down to the ground. Imagine the damage a punch from a Texan would cause. He would never recover!

We find it quite funny how the vast majority of Canadians on here only started watching baseball in 2015.

Jays gonna ejaculate their syrup all over Texass women again lol

We find it quite funny how the vast majority of texass is butthurt with any mention of "blue Jays"

Would be a shame if we were to sweep you again ;))))) tis a tragedy ;)

>mfw the Blow Gays haven't even secured a playoff berth yet

>clenching your butthole hoping the Jays won't make the postseason but knowing they will
Tis a real shame
I imagine you're experiencing the same feelings you experienced last season when the Jays btfo of the raggots lol

When did the Jays sweep anybody?

Would be quite the shame to secure a playoff spot and cuck the rags again ;)))

I wonder, when the Jays win today, will the state of Texas be put on a state of emergency ?

When did you start browsing Cred Forums my little newfriend

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_and_Canadian_cities_by_number_of_major_professional_sports_franchises
Sort by Pop. Rank and counting just the MLB cities:
1, 2. New York
3, 4. Los Angeles
5, 6. Chicago
7. Toronto
8. Dallas-Forth Worth
9. Houston
10, 11. San Francisco Bay Area
12. Miami
13. Philadelphia
14. Atlanta
15. Washington D.C.
16. Boston
17. Phoenix
18. Detroit
19. Seattle
20. San Diego
21. Minneapolis-St. Paul
22. Tampa Bay Area
23. Denver
24. Baltimore
25. St. Louis
26. Cleveland
27. Pittsburgh
28. Cincinnati
29. Kansas City
30. Milwaukee

Considering how fucking huge NYC, LA, Chicago, and the Bay Area are I double-counted them. There's a reason why they have two teams.

MSA covers a huge swath of area, and in particular when it comes to Cleveland it touches on parts that are over 2 hours away.

This also doesn't discuss the difference in economics -- yes, admittedly Cleveland is much poorer compared to other markets. That's a reality that the Indians have to deal with.

increasinglynervousman.jpg

Toronto two teams when?

There's nothing to be nervous my cuck friend, Orioles and detoilet will both be losing while the Jays play today

>this one desperate Canadian shitposter

embarrassing

When your girlfriend quits pussy poppin in my face every Friday night

Toronto (Listeni/təˈrɒntoʊ, -tə/,[10][11] local /təˈrɒnoʊ, ˈtrɒ-/) is the most populous city in Canada,[12] the provincial capital of Ontario,[13] and the centre of the Greater Toronto Area, the most populous metropolitan area in Canada.[14] In the 2011 census, Toronto had a population of 2,615,060, making it the fifth largest city in North America.[6] A population estimate from a city report released in 2013 shows the city is now the fourth most populous city in North America, after Mexico City, New York City, and Los Angeles.[15][16] As an established global city,[17] Toronto is an international centre of business, finance, arts, and culture,[18][19] and widely recognized as one of the most multicultural and cosmopolitan cities in the world.[20][21][22][23][24]

Aboriginal peoples have inhabited the area now known as Toronto for thousands of years.[25] The urban history of the city dates back to 1787, when British officials negotiated the Toronto Purchase with the Mississaugas of the New Credit.[26] They established the Town of York, and later designated it as the capital of Upper Canada.[27] During the War of 1812, the town was the site of the Battle of York and suffered heavy damage by U.S. troops.[28] York was renamed and incorporated as the City of Toronto in 1834, and became the capital of the province of Ontario in 1867.[29] The original borders of Toronto were expanded through amalgamation with surrounding municipalities at various times in its history, the results of which can be seen in the 140 independently unique and clearly defined official neighbourhoods that make up the city.[30]

>
Never fucking write my city's name down in a post without my permission ever again

That was in reference to the ragposter terrified of the Jays

Oh hai Tyrone

Don't blame me for your cryptic Reddit messages

>7. Toronto
>it's actually the GTA
I wasn't aware Missisauga and Oshawa were Toronto.

which one of you is this?
show urself

Probably just more obsessed pissboi false flagging

Nothing new to see here

I wasn't aware Brazil filtered their water

You'd be surprised.

Who do you think you're talking to right now fuccboi?
Do you actually think I make this shit up?
This is what you faggots sound like, not just to me, but to anyone who is even a little read on analytics.

>k-kershaw i-isnt THAT good

>Do you actually think I make this shit up?

Yes

And no, that's not what I sound like you jealous faggot. I admit that Kershaw is easily the best pitcher to pitch in my lifetime. Why are you such an insecure bitch who obsesses over Bumgarner constantly?

>Let the grownups speak here

Cringe. I can't believe you actually spend your time creating these accounts and posts. Not just here,nut even on other websites...it truly is sad mate

>i-i-it m-must be y-you!!!!!
>ignorant SF homers don't EXIST
>EVERY ONLINE COMMENT THAT IS PRO-KERSHAW MUST BE YOU
>EVERY IGNORANT SF HOMER MUST ALSO BE YOU
man it must be really fucking sad to be so sheltered in life that you allow an Internet personality to warp your entire perception of baseball, SF, LA, bumshit, and Kershaw cause of what you see on fucking Cred Forums LMFAOOOO

Deadass I thought the shit I'm posting was funny but your reply just now is the funniest shit I read today.

>4-team fight for last place in the NL

That's where it's at.

elbow/bone spurs/Tommy John/shoulder
elbow/arm fatigue/strep throat
elbow/shoulder/bone spurs
elbow/Tommy John/forearm soreness/ulnar nerve
knee
shoulder/labrum tear
old/fat

>I do the exact same thing on this website
>I just happen to come across the same kind of posts on another website
>"It isn't me I swear!!"

Thanks for the laugh friend. You made it too obvious. Maybes people would actually believe you if you hadn't already made it obvious what a lying obsessed weirdo you are countless times on this site

>DG posting with his trip off
You don't fool anyone, end your life please

are we just going to pretend that SF homers don't exist?
I know people in real life who say all those things

>wake-up
>its kershaw general

The downside to all the games starting at about the same time is most of us have to wait another two hours for it.

>A popular sports team has homers
Truly this is a new and unforeseen development.

No,nut we're also not going to pretend that you aren't an obsessive false flagger and lying sack of shit

>Wake up yesterday
>it's Kershaw General

>Wake up today
>it's Kershaw General again

*No, but

>I know people in real life
You don't have to pretend here.

Kek

some1 explain 2 me how FRISCO can win 3 championships*** in 6 years but still be so insecure that they have to reply to me 100+ times a day proving how much they aren't obsessed.

Makes me think a lot.

By the end of game 162 tonight I'd have ammased at least 300 replies more.

What will it take to secure your suicide? Do you want Kershaw to fuck your mouth?
I'm willing to put in the time to make sure this happens because I want you dead and I know everyone here would appreciate it.

>spends hours false flagging as Giants fan
>he's still posting about Giants fans and has no argument other than "you're obsessed"

His disappointed mother would probably appreciate it too

pissboi is the kind of baiting.
you lost the moment you replied.

>obsessed with jints
>cries obsession over doyers
Really makes you think

Tee bee aich I can't blame her

youtu.be/KPjDfN9E74o

NEW

Hey Hans

>Santiago Casilla
>qualified for LAD MVP

2016 season:
__ SF 7.0 GB of division
__ Casilla Blown Saves = 9
(btw, team blown saves = 30)
(almost 1/3 of the team's blown saves is his)

He single-handedly lost the division for the team

The Mets mathmatically cannot be kicked out of the WC or get in a tie for WC 2, so logically if they get in a tie for WC 1 then they get home field advantage based off of their superior head to head record against the Giants and Cardinals.