How the fuck can the Warriors afford BOTH Curry and Durant next year?

How the fuck can the Warriors afford BOTH Curry and Durant next year?

ibtimes.com/stephen-curry-contract-new-deal-warriors-could-reach-165-million-2017-2423905

And its assumed that Durant will opt out as well
larrybrownsports.com/basketball/kevin-durant-opt-out-warriors/311182

It looks like they can only keep Durant for one season LOL

>It looks like they can only keep Durant for one season LOL

so?????? the best part of the durant deal was watching barnes get a max deal from the mavs

They would have given up Bogut as well for nothing.

I have a feeling Durant is going to have a bad season and after an early playoff exit, he's going to leave hahahhaa

And sign with the team that beats the warriors

>he signs with the Thunder again and they immediately BTFO the Warriors and go on to win the championship
The keks had would be completely unreal.

What makes people think that Durant won't leave again?

Why would you basically sign a one-year contract?

>Why would you basically sign a one-year contract?

cause of how nba contracts work. someone with 10+ years in the nba can get a contract worth 35% of the salary cap compared to 30% for 7-9 years. guess how long durant has been in the league. if he signed a longer deal hed be tied to the 30% max, a one year deal lets him re-up next year at 35%

Why would the Warriors agree to this shit?

>"""dream team"""
>everyone calls for you to 82-0
>lose your first preseason game by 20 points
Lel. The Memeiors won't win 60 games this year.

Because max players get undervalued by the CBA. Durant is probably worth twice what they're paying him.

>would be
This is exactly what's gonna happen.

But with the risk of Durant leaving after this season, why take the risk now?

To win a championship dipshit

He motherfucking better leave or I never watch basketball again

It's all fun and games to watch one year of this fucking dog and pony show where they just run train on the NBA but seriously they cannot allow this talent monopoly to continue.

By paying shitloads of luxury tax monies? As far as I know, the salary cap in NBA is not a hard one.

For only ONE season of Durant?

they had an equally good if not better chance with bogut and barnes. plus they could have kept them for longer.

Shut it you dip

Kevin Durant will never win an NBA championship.
The guy simply is not a winner, never has been and never will be.

Yeah but I feel sure you can there is like a two for all of them can't be like

Watch Russell Westbrook destroy the west this year by himself

If he leaves they can just spend the money on a different player. One year of Durant playing there will give them so many fucking shekels from ticket and jersey sales that it's more than worth it.

The question is if during the season the Warriors become Durant's team, why wouldn't Curry leave?

>spend money of a different player
curry and draymond are both severely underpaid, they wont be able to afford anyone else once they pay them even with durant leaving.

This, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the Hornets because thats all he ever talks about is Charlotte.

Draymond is signed through 2020. Curry is a FA next year, but Iguodala is too which frees up about 11 million if they let him go. If Curry takes a max deal they'll have about 35 million left to fill out their roster which might be just enough to sign a max player and fill their roster out with scrubs and old ring hunters like the Heat did.

the main thing the warriors did was more or less trade bogut and barnes for pachulia and durant, that a no-brainer for any gm. yes theres the very real possibility that durant leaves after one season, but you got to take risks to win championships

>How the fuck can the Warriors afford BOTH Curry and Durant next year?
Lacob has the money and he will pay, that's all there is to it.

>this was his plan all along

jesus..

>I don't know what the cap is
>I don't know what the luxury tax is, let alone the repeaters tax
>I don't know about roster depth
>I don't know about potential lose. management, and projection of the franchise and its interests

Keep KD, get rid of Draymond or Klay. Get rid of KD, keep Draymond, Curry, and Klay. This isn't advanced math. This is simple. 3 all stars> 1 all star. And which one of those all stars won 73 games, and has remained loyal to the team, having the most bond to the the franchise? And which one came along and hitched a ride for a free ring just to have an option to leave the next year?

I know Brazilians aren't that smart but please try and keep up champ.

What's hilarious is that this is all a perfect setup for Durant to gag them out of their championship chase. I mean, we've all watched Durant long enough to know that he can be incredibly unclutch, and that there are numerous times when he hasn't responded to pressure well.

If he can't deliver a championship for GS, they won't pay for him. The pressure isn't on them at all, it's on him.

Unless Durant won't resign, yes, we will have all 4 of them for multiple seasons. Bench will be shit, but you can always sign veteran ring chasers.

this is the year where Russell Westbrook becomes the 2nd best player in the league

>pfw all 4 have to play 40 min a game

This. Same for worthless players like Carmelo, Iverson, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley etc. They seem to play ok for a while but they are team cancers and always fail in the clutch. Players like Durant are only good as all star game and Olympics fodder.

>this is what cuckbrook fans believe

Durant is a 1 year rental. He's gonna leave when he loses to LeGod once again. No ring bitch ass nigga

this KD situation reminds me of the 2004 lakers

>93-97
>20

>they had an equally good if not better chance with bogut and barnes
Nope, because if KD has stayed in Oklahoma once they acquired Dipo that OKC team would have been insanely good. They would have plowed through the playoffs.

>ITT: Niggas dont know shit about the NBA Salary Cap
Durant extends first, then Curry gets his Bird contract.

>post yfw Durant pulls a Dwight Howard at the end of the year

Also the salary cap is going up again next year

Because they want to win the championship...

Yeah but they'll still have to pay the other players