#1 offense vs #1 defense next week!

Who ya got Cred Forums? Based Atlanta and their record setting offense or Based Denver and their autism inducing defense

Other urls found in this thread:

windycitygridiron.com/2014/2/3/5374284/seattle-seahawks-chicago-bears-defense-wins-championships-myth
freakonomics.com/2012/01/20/does-defense-really-win-championships/
theguardian.com/sport/2016/feb/06/does-defense-really-win-championships?0p19G=c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

failcucks bout to get their shit pushed in.

this, falcons are going to get fucking rekt.

Atlanta will win. Denvers offense sucks and semen is dead.

Here's to more injuries. I hope that gaudy nigger coon miller tears both his ACLs and gets a concussion.

>dat band wagoner delusion

Ryan and Freeman is going to shit all over denver like Marino did to the 85 bears

lul

>Bong talkin' shit

Have the failcons played a defense even close to Denver? Ryan's gonna get broken. Quote literally.

Carolina

They've shit on every single team so far and Matt Ryan is in elite mode. Reneges offense won't be able to keep up.

>He thinks Carolina has a good defense

>Carolina
>defense close to Denver

uhhhh........

A great defense beats a great offense any day.

>pleb regurgitation of myths

windycitygridiron.com/2014/2/3/5374284/seattle-seahawks-chicago-bears-defense-wins-championships-myth

>in Denver
>Falcons have a reputation of choking mid season
>Broncos are a veteran group of champs

I'll give the edge to Denver

>giving up 48 points in a game and 300 yards to ONE receiver
> a good defense

Nah, your team belongs in the bin

Yeah. Forget the fact that the panthers beat the broncos in the season opener will you...

to be fair the Bowls with that kinda matchup usually favor the Defense. Pats/Giants, Broncos/Seahawks, Bucs/Raiders

>panthers beat the broncos

Is supposed to be shitty Brit irony or does his shitty Brit genetics make his brain as shit as his teeth?

Hey, did you watch the last Superbowl? I mean, I know it was in the middle of the night for you, but still.

They made the "best offense" look like actual retards.

[spoiler] and then did it again 7 months later [/spoiler]

>20-21
Made me check, cheeky cunt.

Are you retarded?

Carolina literally has the worst secondary in the NFL

freakonomics.com/2012/01/20/does-defense-really-win-championships/

I guess offense wins championships then. Just look st the 2000 rams!

>repeated dirty hits that were never flagged

>still would have "lost" if not for a fluke by Gano

What's your point, m8? That the Falcons will win because of the Rams 16 years ago?

That article is dumb.

If you've ever watched the playoffs, you'd know full well that a strong D can put even a mediocre offense into championship contention provided they have a decent kicker.

>team lost

>they would have won if a bunch of shit that didn't happen would have happened

really makes you think

More like a single thing. A missed kick

Shouldn't you be busy sucking Man United's dick again now that they don't suck you bandwagon cuck?

>article is dumb lol look at my anecdotal evidence and let's ignore facts and numbers

Last I checked, the kicker is part of the team

Way to completely miss the point you fucking retard. By getting into field goal range the panthers essentially had the broncos beat.

>sbnation article
>facts and numbers

That article is just as anecdotal as any post in this thread. The author also doesn't conclusively prove that offense wins championships.

He just notes that higher ranked offenses have beaten higher ranked defenses few times in superbowls which is true but those offenses were backed by even better defenses which he completely ignores

If you've ever watched the playoffs you'd know that a good team beats a bad one. I guess Super Bowl 49 means that offense and good qb play wins championships.

>By getting into field goal range the panthers essentially had the broncos beat.

I forgot that they were playing horseshoes

>essentially beat
I'm glad moral victories count as a stat in this sport...

The author isn't trying to prove that offense wins championships. Because that's just as false as defense wins championships. If you actually took the time to read it you'd find that a well rounded team wins championships, one that excels on all 3 phases of the game

Unless of course if we're only counting when you essentially beat teams

>If you've ever watched the playoffs you'd know that a good team beats a bad one

18-1 proves otherwise.

Superbowl 49 just proves defense wins championships. That game was decided by a clutch defensive play

>its a britbomb gets blown the fuck out episode

All three undefeated teams have great defenses. Case closed.

It's not a moral victory. The panthers would have beaten the broncos if not for a fluke. The falcons shit all over the panthers. Your point is that defense always beats a good offense, which is statistically not the case.

>If you actually took the time to read it you'd find that a well rounded team wins championships, one that excels on all 3 phases of the game

Nigga fucking duh, but if you can only have one you pick defense.

That was autism my dear boy

No, the game was decided by an offensively driven 10 point 4th quarter comeback. But again you continue to show no understanding of the sport of football or even basic common sense.

>"Chuck it to Julio" offense
>#1 offense

lmao

And again the 2000 rams and the packers and multiple other games prove otherwise. What is your point?

Also 18-1 was decided on an offensive play. So not the best example you could have given

Broncos definitely have the edge, but it's because of home field advantage, and let's be real here, the Falcons will probably choke. Arguably biggest chokers in football.

any offense capable of going week in and week out racking up 400+ yards is going to worry most defenses though, regardless of opponents' strength the offense is well-rounded, varied, and has an unquestionably elite QB-WR connection in Ryan and Jones. Should be a good game.

The seacocks would have won that game if not for the pats defense m80

>would have
But they didn't did they. Would have won still counts as a loss. I'm not the other guy talking about defenses Brit, my only point is that you're an idiot and you're proving me right

youre prolly trolling but either way watch that kick again and see how close aqib was to blocking it. people say defense wins championships because a great offense can only score points but a great defense can prevent points and score them on the same side of the ball. not to mention that the backups and some starters on a great defense help make up a great special teams unit, like the one that fucked up the panthers 2 games in a row. fuck off

kys

And the seacocka would have won that game if they gave it to their star running back. There lies the point, a good well rounded team wins a championship, a good defense does not mean you will win the Super Bowl.

theguardian.com/sport/2016/feb/06/does-defense-really-win-championships?0p19G=c

>Freeman and Coleman
>best WR in the NFL

Top cuck

TBQH Pham, worried about the mobility of your QB.

>I'm going to keep spouting myths even though data and evidence proves it wrong over and over again

>win because of a missed kick
>tucked up

Kill you self

The Ravens won a superbowl with Trent fucking Dilfer as QB.

I'd rather have the #1 most consistent D than rely on coin flips like an offense does.

>data and evidence

Sports Journalism is not good evidence. Literally anybody with an opinion and a college degree could write that shit

>one time this defense which is considered the best of all time won a Super Bowl lol the rest must mean I'm right let's ignore all the data and evidence that says otherwise

2012 ravens proves you wrong too

You forgot the part where Tom Brady threw 4 touchdowns against the legion of bum

Ignore the "journalism" and look at the actual facts presented. It proves you wrong.

For the record I'm betting on Denver winning this matchup.

This tbqhwufam

The whole cant win without an """"""elite""""" qb meme is pretty fucking tired. More teams with average qbs and great teams have won owls than great qbs with average teams.

Peyton did it with the colts, but thats about it really, unless you fire up the wayback machine, but even then i doubt youll find much because qbs werent nearly as meme as they are now.

>Broncos struggle with Carolina, at home
>Falcons cripple Cam before halftime

>Broncos starting a rookie QB
>Falcons starting the 2016 MVP

>Broncos struggling to get the running game goin
>Falcons literally have to GOAT zone scheme

42-20 incoming

Are we conveniently ignoring the fact that Denver almost lost to the shit defense of the steelers if not for a fumble by toussant?

Steelers o line dominated denvers D and would have won if not for that fumble. Where does this fit in to the narrative? Sure they won but it wasn't pretty and special teams played a huge role in that as well.

you forgot the part where Tom Brady never won a title without cheating

The redskins won 3 superbowls on the back of the GOAT O-Line and a running back with a shit qb.

Offense wins championships?

look up broncos salary cap punishment in 1998, the broncos had the biggest cheat in nfl history

dumbest post i've ever seen

Post your Las Vegas lines senpai

I'm guessing it's Denver -3.5

>Watch a panthers game out of morbid curiosity
>Cam getting targeted by defense, hits to the head almost every game
>Zero (0) flags
>Dude literally how no clue where the fuck he is at this point

I wish the NFL just told everybody that Cam was free game to kill on live TV, but cmon.

The offense was good because of Art Monk best Redskin wide reciever.

>britbong knows football better than most murkins

Its like the old saying, offense gets the glory but defense wins championships.

the only thing I see is that you are soooooooooo 18-1hurt

This tbqh

Donkeys will face the first good offense this season and they're about to get fucking destroyed.

What is the point of a salary cap?

Why can't a team pay a really good player a lot of money?

[citation needed]

And that has what to do with anything being discussed?

Tripfag plz go

Not a chance

>lost to redkains

Haha

>Bucs, Saints, Raiders

Not one good defense there

>Carolina

Panthers have a terrible secondary and most of Atlanta's offense came from Julio exploiting it. Denver has the best secondary in the NFL and a much stronger pass rush than Carolina.

Any Failcons fan deluding themselves that their team is anywhere close to Denver's needs to be shot.

>run with the ball
>lower your shoulder to hit people
>sometimes this leads to contact with the helmet
wow so oppressed

Because the richest teams would sign the best talents every year in FA

>reading comprehension

>just chuck it to Julio
>a good offense

They'll be lucky if Ryan can even get a pass off with the Broncos pass rush in his face, then they'll need more luck that Talib doesn't pick Ryan off and more luck still that Julio isn't shut down.

This game is over before it even starts. To imply the Falcons have a shot is pure retardation. You should seek help.

McManus also missed a kick early in the game

fuck off

THe falcons unironically lost to the Bucs. They're going to get pounded worse than frauleins during the refuge crisis

It has everything to do with the discussion you fucking retard. They just proved the "defense lol" meme wrong.

A good o line rb and wr wins championships look at the redskins

>he thinks "just chuck it to Julio" is the Falcons offense

Kill yourself you retarded ass cuck MLP donkey nigger.

Competetive balance

Each team gets the same amount of money to work with to try and keep it fair for everyone.

Or else it winds up like baseball or worse, like yooropeein soccor where the same 3-4 teams just buy up all the talent and everybody else can kick rocks.

>Talib

Yeah I sure do remember that chimp monkey that Roddy White routinely embarrassed when he was with the Bucs lel

That argument is impenetrable.

No one's arguing anything because arguing requires meaningful conversation between 2 people who have more than a double digit IQ. Something that donkey cucks don't have.

Minnesota BTFO the punthers

2009 saints had the 20th ranked defense an drew bees won the super bowl.

2006 colts had 23rd ranked defense and won the Super Bowl. The bears lost due to a shitty offense.

Except noone said they didnt have anyone good on offense.

Art monk was a great player, sure. But he was not the reason they won owls.

It was an irrelevant comment and proves nothing.

Has more rings than the entire Falcons organization.

Can someone point me to where it shows the Bronco's have the #1 Defense? NFL.com has them as #4 and Baltimore as #1.

Ok so 2x out of how many super bowls?

Thanks for proving our point.

Defense >

They won becuse they had a great offense and o line and run game which helped them control games and keep their defense off the field.

So did Atlanta

2014 patriots, 2012 ravens, redskins x3 with the hogs etc...

>the first good offense this season

Bengals are very good, freindo

You're small dick is irrelevant, I watched those games growing up and Art Monk was the reason they had an offense. You can have a the best O-line and RB but if you're 1 dimensional then you get the Bears 46 defense. Now fuck off as you have nothing too add to this discussion other than your autism.

Bengals were missing eifert.

>ravens
>#1 defense
>loses to the raiders led by "black jack" del Rio at home

Further proves the point that defense doesn't win games.

The number 2 offenses beat the number 1 defense

>very good
>haven't scored more than 23 points all season

Really makes you think

>Time of possession meme
Keeping your defense off the field solves nothing if they give up big plays. Without a competent D, ToP is just a measure of how much time you've wasted.

Finding loopholes in the system isn't cheating farn

Just saying these are the stats NFL.com has. I'm honestly just as surprised as you.

>carolina
>good defense

what year is this?

Question for the literally retarded britfag itt, and other stupid failconfags:

If Atlanta has the best offense, and if we're suddenly living in a bizarro world where offense > defense, why are the Falcons 3-1?

Also, enjoy the altitude! I'm sure your team won't be affected.

Not true, if you can keep your defense off the field and score consistently, then all your defense needs to do is fluke a 3 and out. BEnd but not break. SEe the patriots and ravens.

Atlanta won't score more than 14

Because the falcon have done this for years. Who cares how many wins they have, GUARANTEED playoff loser. They're almost as bad as the Bengals in that aspect.

*in the first quarter

Oops forgot to add that.

The Falcons defense has a better chance of handling the Broncos offense than the Broncos defense handling the Falcons offense.

Matt Ryan and company can literally have an "average" game and still pull this off. The Falcons offensive line is damn good and while they'll surrender many pressures and sacks, they will help string together scoring drives. Not at all concerned with Denvers secondary - Ryan has hit 8 separate targets in each of the first 4 games.

The Falcons offense is incredibly well rounded with tons of threats. 2 above average rushers, 1 above average tight end, 1 above average wide receiver, 1 elite wide receiver.

Falcons win. 28-17.

Carolina's Defense was ranked #3 before today. Now they are #12.

How retarded are you senpai? No one is saying that offense>defense.

They will score 28+ before the start of the 4th my dude

Wait, so does defense win championships or not? So, answer he question.

When people post this shit have they even watched the Falcons play? Julio wasn't even a factor last week and the week before that it was mainly the Tight Ends that got the ball.

The Falcons are playing in Denver. Their defense is going to cause problems for ole Matty Ice. Von Miller was just named DPOTM. The Bucs just got dominated by the Broncos, and if I recall correctly, the Falcons have already been beaten by Tampa Bay this year.

You fucking retard neither offense nor defense neccisarily wins championships. It's literally a coin flip, look at the stats. A GOOD team, that plays to its strengths and exploits matchups wins championships.

>DOUBTING MATTY ICE

It's better to not even respond to anyone who posts that garbage. Julio had like 6 receptions combined in the Bucs and Saints game.

The Falcons offense is dangerous this season because they have home run threats at almost every position in the offense. It's FAR from a Julio show. In fact, I'd say this offense would still be good even if you took Julio out.

>give the Bucs 31 points
>Broncos give them 7
>broncos defense > falcons defense
>score 24 on the Bucs
>Broncos score 27
>Broncos offense > Falcons offense

My argument is stupid, as is yours. The bottom line is the Falcons have blown up shit defenses and the Normon-less Panthers. They have yet to prove shit besides that they can meme score on the league's worst.

I know the bucs aren't great, but why are people ignoring the fact that the Broncos put up 27 points today with essentially two rookie QBs?

Panthers were ranked third before they got BTFO by matty

The Falcons offense is so deadly right now precisely because they have no weakness. People think it's just Julio, but the REASON Julio had 300 yards this week is because the Panthers were trying so hard to cover the run because Free and Cole dominated last week. If the Broncos try to focus on Julio next week, the Falcons will just throw it a TE/RB, or alternatively run the ball down their throat.

This

A paraplegic could get 300 yards on the Panthers' secondary, they'd be better off just laying out traffic cones

every year the Falcons are the "well-rounded no weakness" team. And every year people figure it out eventually because their shit is vanilla.

>4th best defense in the league before today
>THEY'RE ONE OF THE LEAGUE'S WORST GUYS XDDD

I wonder what the excuse next week will be.

(You)

If you looked at it, they got those because the bucs offense sucked and gave them generous field position.

Falcons are going to score and the broncos will have to orchestrate drives from the 25.

Nobody figured shit out last year. The Falcons moved the ball like butter. The reason the points were so low because unusually high number of redzone turnovers, which is a result of poor execution and learning a new scheme. Now that that shit has been cleaned the offense is running like it was always intended.

Koetter's offense was vanilla, but Shanny's is far from it.

They'll just say the Broncos are a shit on defense if Falcons offense dominates. And the funniest thing is that they'll pretend they've been saying that all along.

The Jaguars currently have the 6th ranked defense, above the Broncos. Rankings don't tell the whole story buddy.

>we beat ourselves

Fuck off dude. they started off 6-1 and ended 8-8.

You people don't honestly believe Atlanta stands a chance in Denver right? I wouldn't count on the Pats with Brady winning in Denver.

How many picks do the Broncos have on the season as compared to other teams? I just feel like this is just going to be a repeat of tonight's game. Broncos being the winner.

Falcons are 2-4 in Denver. Not that it's really relevant since they haven't played in Denver in 12 years.

Which means it's also been 12 years since they've played at altitude.

Falcon fans are unironically this retarded

The funniest part is that they couldn't even beat the Bucs in week 1 and think because they've played three of the worst secondaries in the NFL that they have a chance against Denver.

They were #7 before this game, I'm they're not the Broncos...but it's not like they are shit guise....

They beat the saints and the raiders with their run game.

This will be one of those games where Matt Ryan looks like he's going to make a crazy game winning drive but then proceed to throw two pick 6's in a row.

They beat the Saints, the worst defense in the NFL, with their running game. Ryan threw for 400 yards against the Raiders. The Panthers game was 100% won by Julio shitting on probably the worst secondary in the NFL.

Like I said, they couldn't even beat the Bucs in week 1. They haven't played anyone close to the level of Denver's pass defense and the Falcon's defense is mediocre at best. To think they're going to come in to Mile High with anything more than an outside chance is laughable.

Like Besuboru?

Panthers fan were saying the exact same thing this time last week lmao

The difference is the Panthers were 1-2, playing away, and everyone knew their secondary was shit even before the season started.

The Broncos are 4-0, playing at home, and everyone knew their secondary was the best in the NFL even before the season started.

this desu

falcons are going to be lit up like a fireworks show

>Man United
>not sucking

L e l

This is what happens when you're never in the pocket

>ITT People who have no idea the offensive shitstorm the Broncos will be caught up in.

Falcons are too balanced for any defense right now.

>ITT Broncos fans who witnessed the GOAT offense 3 years ago get BTFO in the owl by a top tier defense

not worried. Matt Ryan hasn't faced a good Dline all season.

A well balanced team means shit when Von Miller is pulling your QB down by his drawers

>Tfw its only week 4 and Denver are locked for their second straight owl

feels fucking amazing

TYJE

That Broncos offense was not operating anywhere close to the Falcons level these first 4 weeks, especially in that meme super bowl.

I am not saying what they are doing is sustainable, clearly that Is the issue with and offense, but for now they are insane.

The Falcons offense is insane because they have been playing nothing but shit defenses. This is the first week the Panthers even played an actual good QB.

See how insane their offense looks after they play Denver and Seattle the next two weeks.

What will Pats fags have to brag abour when Denver has 4 owls?

They have the whitest team in the nfl

Well I do like White people so..

when will retards learn that a good defense is usually better than a good offense

plus the falcons d is probably in the bottom half of the league, paxton lynch looked pretty good imo and i think he'll be good next week if he plays

Fucking this.
Real easy to make some deep bombs when playing against shit secondaries.
>Next two games against Denver and Seattle
>In Denver and Seattle

Holy shit, they're about to die.

So salt. Very asspain. Much cry. Wow.

How's their run D? Ask the Saints what happens when you shut down Julio Jones, you get a rush attack from two insane speedsters who can go 100% the entire game because they split duties

Coleman and Freeman combined are a top 5 RB, and for a team that's all that matters, they suck for Fantasy though

>Altitude
you are now aware Atlanta is 1000ft above sea level

That's really not going to be as much an issue for them as it would be someone from a coastal town

I capped this so that when the failcunts lose I can post it all over sp and you'll feel bad

>That Broncos offense was not operating anywhere close to the Falcons level these first 4 weeks,

Matt Ryan (4 games): 1,473 yards, 11/2 TD/INTs 72.1 completion percentage
Manning 2013 through 4 games: 1,470, 16/0 TD/INTs, 75 completion percentage

Manning was also benched the fourth quarter because Denver was raping Philadelphia

Just hope Ryan has another good week

Falcons seriously believe they're gonna put up like 30 on Denver? How deluded can you be. I wouldn't even bet on Brady to do that.

hahahahahah

>our defense without Josh Norman
>good

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>being a Cred Forums Pass user

faggot

How many playoff wins does Matt Ryan have?

1?

>Falcons lose to the Bucs
>Broncos BTFO the Bucs with a rookie QB

See I can use the transitive property too.

The Broncos beat every statistical record on offense that year. wtf are you talking about?

The Broncos will win and you shitheads waiting for their downfall will kneel and A P O L O G I Z E

>Cred Forums can't even interpret stats right anymore

Falcons are overhyped because they lit up 3 of the worst secondaries in the league

>b-but the kitties were a top 5 defense

Maybe that's because they played semen in his first start, the niners, and the goddamn Queens whose defense has more TDs than their offense. I bet you retards that the Ravens were good too because they beat up a bunch of cupcakes

>1000ft above sea level
There's a big difference between 1000ft above sea level and 5000ft