How do you counter/ win against a high pressing team Cred Forums?

how do you counter/ win against a high pressing team Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/27/how-did-diego-simeone-make-atletico-madrid-the-most-brutally-eff/
youtube.com/watch?v=vhrzqTB8UiU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good midfielders like Xavi or Iniesta.If you dont have them jus hoofballing and highpressing.Highpressing teams are also very weak against counter attacking teams

Didn't Arsenal win that game?

2 banks of 4 on the edge of the box and welly it up to the pacy nigger desu.

Let them press until they get tired by the end of the match.

hoof the ball to the pace babbies

Park the bus like Atletico and wait for them to be exposed with their high line or wait until they tire themselves out.

By playing 5-3-2.

this

6-3-1

take PEDs and press them harder and faster

Hoofball

Keep the ball well

4 4 fucking 2

hoof it to the big lad up front

this

just miss out the midfield entirely, hoof it into the channel or slide it along the line to the winger

just because it's not fashionable anymore doesn't mean it doesn't work

Offer passing options to the pressed guy.

but we cant have classical european football anymore because of le zig-zagging spaniard meme. at this point i doubt that any european team will win the WC.

A lot of things can change in 2 years, but right now I'd put my money on Argentina winning it. They can't keep on losing finals forever.

Why is it always Americans who say the atletico bus parking meme?

Why do you literally know nothing about football and yet comment on it?

>Higuain

>I'd put my money on Argentina winning it.

Because it's true.

telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/27/how-did-diego-simeone-make-atletico-madrid-the-most-brutally-eff/

Half of their last wins are 1-0

>Park the bus like Atletico
Atletico actually presses pretty high. They are just very good at not losing lots of spaces when the pressure fails

>Half of their last wins are 1-0
They won Buyern 1-0 with pretty high pressure. They also really a lot on set pieces to score as >Torres was the main striker in those games

Ladies and gentlemen, England will be playing, 4 4 fucking 2

>implying englel will even qualify this time

>keep a decent amount the passing options
>constant fast flow of the ball through one touch passes passes
>push your fullbancks/wingbacks high
>frequent long range passes out to the flanks to change the angle of attack
>one-twos just before or in the other team's own third

By standing in the goal with my entire team, then win on penalties

Mind you, do have to be not PSV for this to work

Let them press and try to find Ramos on a corner

PUNT IT

big sam was literally mike bassett and he fucked it after one game lel

Passing triangles and composure.

Sit deep and force them to attack you. If a team's main strength is pressing, you can deny them that strength by voluntarily giving up the ball. Minimise the potential losses of possession in dangerous areas by minimising your own ball circulation. Circumvent the midfield with a direct approach. If you're at home, make the pitch as shitty as possible, so they can't pass the ball.

Having a regista like Verratti to remove the pressure.

>regista

can you stop using that word please. it makes you appear reddit.

Lobbed through ball.

Or learn from Spain and just keep hitting the deck until you get a free kick within shooting range.

>implying he isn't reddit

It is a normal word, used for a long time. I just don't know how to translate it into english.

>regista
Your post starts with 71, redditor.

murderball

Hoofball

Atletico is a high pressing team. Other examples: Liverpool, City, Dortmund, Tottenham

Is there any tactic Uruguay wouldn't try to counter with murderball?

I'd really like to see Honduras face off against Uruguay
Ultimate murderball match

lol no

kek

Memes aside, I always liked watching Uruguay's games in World Cups, just because they were always interesting, you never knew what will happen. And then again, Uruguay is one of the few teams that can show some real quality except just playing standard murderball and hoping for the best

>I'd put my money on Argentina

Any decent pressing team is covering those options and possibly forcing the team in possession to pass it to a specific player who is more likely to make a mistake, most likely a fullback

>using italian words makes you reddit
Nice try reddit, but you're trying too hard to fit in. It's time to go back now.

not him but
>implying Higuain won't be sitting on the bench for the whole tournament

the argentinians need to get their shit together and do as following:

Dybala - Icardi
----- Messi

simply unstoppable

>They can't keep on losing finals forever.
gambler's falacy iirc

To counter this you have to pass into space and to do without in danger you have to have players, central midfield players, who are mobile and intelligent and can move when the center halves and full backs have the ball to drag players covering them with them. Then there is space to receive the ball from other players more safety. You can't have static wide players either. If you have players composed enough you can eventually tired the high press off and buy your team more time.

From the same game. Arsenal strategy:
When they have the ball in your half, close the spaces and especially the half spaces (channels) in the middle of the field and force it out wide. When it's wide don't commit men (more than 1) in those areas or you'll get stretched,

When they have the ball in their half don't sit back in 4-4-2 or back 6 or what have you, go high in a 4-2-3-1 yourself and cover the spaces. Force them to pass the ball wide and of course press their passing options. It's easier to do wide because you are utilizing the touchline as if it were a permanent defender. That's the form of high press they used other than pressing an isolated center half.

>this flag

you flagged me good Cred Forumsro

this

pace babbies and a great centre-forward

More often than not you'll just give the ball to the opposition

press harder desu

this
it would translate into creative holding midfielder

or deep lying playmaker, not sure about that one

not if you're good at it.

but if you can't outpress and outpass your opposition then you're pretty much fucked already, you'll miss everything you try anyway

oh, and borderline-murderball. we often try to pass our way into the win in the libertadores and uruguayans bully us with blatant murderball and win. it werks.

The more players you commit to your half the more effective the high press. You want to get the ball into their half as quickly as possible. You can hoof it (not effective) or move opposition players waiting to press around with off the ball runs and make space. Usually this would be a CM running diagonally forward and a 10 or a striker or wide forward dropping centrally because the CB covering them would be reluctant to drop deep and the midfielder covering the CM would be dragged to keep up with the other CM.

Yea, even if you're good at it (at team that resorts to that strategy probably isn't good at it anyway).
If you don't have the ball you don't press. The best way is to pass

You could just use a GK (or a CB) that knows how to pass the ball. That was great part of Benfica's tactic last yr against Buyern

>If you don't have the ball you don't press.
LET ME REPHRASE
If your player has the ball in his own half who is pressing? Now you, them. You are the one being pressed. If you mean when they have the ball, in this scenario they've just won it in a dangerous position so you most likely won't be able to do it properly. Even the counterpressing teams try to avoid losing the balls away from their halves

Fuck you pussy we only watch atletishit in the champs league where they park the bus all throughout the knockout stage. You crumpet-eating bitch.

he's right and you're wrong

just deal with it

I refuse. For the past 4 or so years that I've seen Atletico (they only come on during UEFA matches here) they've been the most boring, 11 guys in the box, bus-parking, and overall uninspiring sack of shit team I've watched. I don't care if they press against Alave on the weekends they are still as boring to watch as mourinho's chelsea. Fucking baboca

you don't have to succeed all the time, just 2 or 3 to score one or two goals.And then you can swith to a different strategy once the opposing teams starts getting tired. It's also useful when both teams are tired though. Neither has the energy to play through the middle, the errors are easier and the defense doesn't have the energy to run after your attackers, especially if you put in a fresh pace babby in the second half.
a perfect execution here at minute 8:39.(sure it's against israel but it's to show how it looks when it's done well)
youtube.com/watch?v=vhrzqTB8UiU

they're a pressing team, not a high pressing team, but a pressing team. they play what would be perfectly acceptable football if weren't for the dumbasses that try to fit everything into the barcelona way so that everything that's a bit left out is called 'bus parking'
Parking the bus is what Celtic did against Barcelona.

and let's remember, it all depends on the players: if they can't stay in the single digits error margin of passing/tackling/finishing, they won't be able to enforce their gameplay over a team like barcelona.

how often did a team do to barcelona what barcelona does to other teams?
it's not fair that just because you can't outpass barcelona you should be deemed too defensive.
and I mention barcelona, but it applies to everyone else. you have to play the game you have in hands.

Atletico have 2 pressing modes:

A high press, to undermine the opponent's buildup play. Usually applied when the enemy team is trying to circulate the ball around in their own half.

A deep press, once the ball comes over the halfway line. It completely shuts down most teams once they reach the final third.

Atleti press everywhere, except for the middle of the pitch. They know, that they won't win the midfield battle, so they simply don't commit to it.

And Atletico is perfectly capable of taking the game to their opponent, as seen during the last CL final, which they would have won, if OUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-man weren't so bad at taking pens.

idiot

with a pacey striker you only need two or three quick direct passes to cut through high-pressing teams. The point is to not take your time with the ball, they'll kill you.

Short passing to players strong on the ball, eventually they'll get tired on your side of the pitch and that's when you hoof it over to your Pacy target man

Ehh I guess the simplest way would be simply to do the opposite of what the opposition wants. Drop deeper, let them have the ball in their own defence and have your midfield keep their shape and stand off.

I think some choking magic is also behind this. Against bayern they could have scored 2 more goals but >Torres and >penalty by griezzman stood in their way.

>Honduras vs Uruguay

Jesus Christ. Better than some UFC matches

Ask SAF. He beat these high press teams for fun. Simeone too.

Hoof to Fellaini

murderball

How can Arsenal make it to the UCL semifinals this year? With better pressing

For those that don't understand what he is trying to explain, let me sum it up

Park the Bus and wait for them to slip.

Wasnt it JuanFran that fucked up the pen and most it?

cause that went well against jupp heynckes