Is NFL dying? thread #532

theepochtimes.com/n3/2165059-nfl-ratings-continue-to-see-a-decline-in-2016/

What will happen when it hits 0 (zero)?

It will never happen. Even Arena Football has fans.

They need to embrace the blood and thunder nature of football, rather than try to placate the do-gooders.
You can improve player safety without wrapping QBs and receivers in cotton wool

They said the same thing about horse racing, boxing and baseball

It won't, it will always have its core audience

>that flag
>doesn't watch baseball
Get out desu

I do watch baseball, but it's time as America's favorite sport has ended. The same thing can easily happen with football.

Baseball is alive and well, user, save for Baltimore because they are Rio-tier and Minessota because their team sucks.

>The same thing can easily happen with football
I hope not, football is easily the best American sport. I'd be happy to see rugby take off in America, but divegrass becoming #1 would be terrible

I have a feeling that American """"Football"""" will become a huge european sport in the coming decades.

Keep showing the cowshits and Joe Buck. People seem to really love that!!

The sjw-agenda is ruining football. Trying to make it female friendly, over-hyping every black quarterback, all the subliminal gay stuff. It's getting over the top.

Basketball is more likely to become the most popular. I don't think soccer will ever reach the popularity it has in Europe unless the American league attracts the best talent from around the world.

Goodell has done a fantastic job of pissing the core fans off. I've honestly never seen anything like it.

>subliminal gay stuff

Bulky men in tight spandex isn't subliminal.

I still think you can put the lion's share of the ratings drop to cord cutting. ESPN is dying because of it. People are ditching their cable packages and either streaming or going to bars.

americans are living memes

I can believe it aswell, but as TV ads are the main revenue for NFL, how will the league sustain when ratings drop massively?

Is this satire?

The NFL might die but College football will always be around, let's not forget that the NFL isn't even that old and professional American Football only became a big deal in the 60's because they pioneered the television experience, before that Baseball was the biggest sport in the USA by a mile.

Psychopath right there. Surely would kill his whole family if God said so-

100% chance he watched football that Sunday anyways

I'll also add to this that people are fine with missing games more often because all that matters to them is increasingly their fantasy team.

This
All people do today is stream RedZone

>League is 70% black and getting blacker every year
>Surprised when a majority white country stops watching
Wow this really stimulates the neurons

>Baseball is alive and well, user

>I watch crippled sports

>look ma I posted it again
Kys promptly son

Fuck the NFL honestly. As shitty as the NCAA is as an organization, I will still take the atmosphere and rivalries of college football over the SJW NFL with the Ginger Hammer presiding over it.

>my team is the gnats
>I fucking hate Odell chimping out every fucking game

Basketball's popularity is increasing every year though.

It's more likely a result of RedZone, streaming and a generally inferior on the field product

>Basketball's popularity is increasing every year though.
Popularity where? And with which demographics?

On which planet do you live?

baseball is alive, but slowly declining in viewership and participation.

>muh 11 minutes.

People are catching on that the NFL is just a vehicle to spoon feed you commercials. Streaming RedZone is best.

ESPNs cable deal is also asinine in that it's over 5 bucks a month to your bill whereas FS1 and NBCSN are like 25 and 33 cents respectively. Cord cutters are fucking the Wolrdwide Leader in Twitter Coverage hard and they have changed their entire show lineup to SJW friendly race baiting talking heads

>remove hard hits
>remove celebrating
>add celebrities
>add reality TV shows
>add insurance commercials
>insert our sport into other countries that don't even participate
>politically correct approach

No wonder this shit is going down hill.

We need more violent niggers, and less white role models.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to have the Peyton Manning types of sportsmanship, but without the Chad Johnson types, we don't have a sport worth watching for any sportsmanship.

There's definitely subliminal stuff. I used to watch football all the time and not feel anything. Recently though, I've noticed sexual urges after watching games - real gay stuff. That doesn't just come from no where.

Negro fatigue.

>Recently though, I've noticed sexual urges after watching games - real gay stuff. That doesn't just come from no where.
thanks for the laugh, user

>Pass interference calls every other play making drives feel cheap
>League is mostly black despite blacks being ~12% of the population. Whitey generally only has the Patriots and the Packers now
>Uppity negroes flashing black power signs during the National Anthem despite getting paid millions to play games for a living
>League is mostly corrupt (Kroenke, Jerry Jones, Jewdell) and the on-field product is weak
>All the pandering cash grabs turning off real fans
>Too heavily commercialized
>Doing a little celebrating after a touch down earns you a 15 yarder
>Prime time games have been absolutely abysmal except for the Denver-Carolina game

Is france being cucked by Muslims? More news at Eleven faggot

B T F O
T
F
O

People are realizing that Hockey and Basketball are the only good sports to watch in USA.

FRANCE ON SUICIDE WATCH

The constant penalties and unnecessary reviews are the fucking worst. It's literally killing the game.

> ice honky
> ever

Reminder that College Football is the superior product. NFL is plastic as fuck these days. I'll watch the playoffs and the odd big game but I'll watch college football every week.

Basketball is unlikely to reach football popularity. The constant flopping goes against 'murican sensibilities. In addition, 82 meaningless regular season games gives few people to care prior to playoffs. The physicality of football combined with a regular season that actually matters is what makes football more popular every weekend than church.

yes, tell me more about my country's sports

do you root for notre dame

"Fighting Irish" is very offensive. I cannot support that.

This year I bandwagon Michigan

Horse Racing is alive and well
and unfortunately so is boreball

patrician spot-
welp

once tim bradley returns the ratings will go back up

Horse racing looks really comfy.

except all three of those are still played