Do NFL refs have too much of an impact on games?

Do NFL refs have too much of an impact on games?

Good, good, blame anyone but the advertisers.

Yes, because any single play can be called back. You can call holding on any given play, and no one can challenge or overturn that ruling.

NFL Live just revisited that fumble user posted last night with the female ref. Even the guys were like why did she make that call. And the league statement was like 'the correct call was made'.

I just hate how officials are essentially untouchable. No matter what they do or no matter how wrong the call is, the NFL seemingly never punishes them or even tries to acknowledge that they fucked up.

>female ref

you've gotta be kidding

Why do you hate women, shitlord? #triggered

Well it's rigged, so yeah

Yes
>49ers vs Cowboys
>cowboys ball on 3rd down
>bs roughing the passer call on what should have been a sack for the 49ers
>1st down cowboys
>td a few plays later
>cowboys win by 7

I know the argument is that the 49ers def should have stepped it up but the refs put them in that position to begin with. They also fucked the 49ers by not calling a clear hold against the Cowboys defense on the next drive

because occasionally they need to use them to make games more interesting.

Yes. They always have money on the spreads and try to fix the games so they can win

Female Ref? The fuck?

It seems like every week the Browns get fucked over completely by at least one call, sometimes more. I wouldn't mind if it was rare but this is becoming an every game thing. I just expect to see ticky tack holding and pass interference calls for 50 yards on top of the phantom taunting and fumble recoveries.

yes

they are on the list:

1) Gambling cartels
2) Owners
3) Commissioner
4) Rules Committee
5) On field officials

yeah, they control that everybody obeys the rules

I don't even really like watching the NFL anymore have gone completely to shit. It's not even just the terrible refs and constant blown calls even though that is large part of it, but even the presentation and camerawork of games is awful. You can see what's going on with the defense because the camera is so zoomed in.

Where have you guys been for the last two seasons?

I was surprised too, but coaching staffs as of the last few seasons have included female coaches so why not refs I guess?

Maybe soon they'll start letting females play.

DAE women can't into sports?

Sometimes. The refs were trying like crazy to bail out the Jets yesterday.

They try to keep it close for the ratings

>You can call holding on any given play

You literally can't. People need to stop with this lazy inaccuracy.

You really can though. On any given play there is probably enough of a "hold" that a ref can call and just be given the benefit of the doubt. Literally any time you hear the commentator say something like "you can see here holds on just enough to get a flag" can go either way

You can. Its a non reviewable play. Other officials cannot convince you otherwise. How many times on TV, "lets take a look and....oh.....well....I don't really see a hold but I guess the official thought otherwise".

>holding happens on literally every play
>refs rarely call holding and when they do it's often on big plays
hmmm

>Maybe soon they'll start letting females play.
Women are allowed to play in the NFL. None have ever been good enough to make a team.

I would like to see a woman punter someday. That's the only position they could play.

With the way the NFL is going a female could play any position because tackling will be illegal

>holding happens on every play

holding is only called when its blatantly excessive

refs don't think to themselves "hmm well haven't called holding in awhile i guess ill just randomly call it on this play"

>tosses ball back to ref
>looks at player infront of red
>ball hits player
PENULTY