Cred Forums General General

We all agree that generals are shit, but what generals are the least shit?

bundes is so shit it goes full circle to being enjoyable

/heem/ by far because of those stupid Schaub posters

/arse/, they don't just shitpost and one can argue with them over why they're shit

>mfw I've lived through 300 post limits, ISketch threads, Ref_Mod, Cred Forums raids, BEAST MODE, 3 Summer Olympics, and Cred Forums when it had no generals and now it's come to this

Any sport that is unpopular enough that it actually requires a general to survive is fine. That's basically why /hoc/ was the first ever general on Cred Forums.

/nfl/, /mlb/, /nba/, and most of the soccer generals need to be fucking purged though.

late night Cred Forums was great, especially the okcupid threads using tensnake pic as profile

/trb/ was the 1st general and autism container

Most alpha general - /bet/
Most beta general - /epl/ /trb/
Most autistic general - /cric/ /heem/

/Hoc/ is most autistic. Go on. Check it out.

/hoc/ is by far the most autistic
/cfb/ is second and making serious headway

I FUCKING LOVE GENERALS!

/afl/, /cric/ are the least shit
/nrl/ is the worst

/nba/ is the absolute worst and it isn't even close

fuck off /cfb/ is the best part of my Saturdays.

Is this /bundes/?

>most autistic not being /bundes/
i don't think that you have ever visited us

If Hiro sells Cred Forums and it gets shut down what will the Jani do?

After all I'd imagine a monitor on such a large social media site would pay paid handsomely

Maybe he'll get severance

/hoc/ is the most autistic general on Cred Forums

/nba/ is at least funny. /nfl/ is the worst. Bland boring bullshit, and the sport doesn't even need a fucking general on Cred Forums.

/putt/ was gud

Top Kek. I hope this site does get shut down and the jani ends up on the street for his crimes against Cred Forums.

>tfw jani wants to delete these meta threads so bad and he cant

He's probably simmering in his hot pocket juice

remove /trb/ and /bet/

This, /nba/ is absolutely shit. No basketball discussion, but the offtopic discussion isn't even funny or original.

/bet/ seems decent, but I only say that because their OP images are funny

/arse/ and everyone who posts in it regularly should be banned. Just post in an Arsenal forum

i know that feel bro

>wanting /arse/ to spread to the rest of the board
Leave it be, they are pretty harmless

europeans ruined the board

I'm relatively new to /spee/ but I don't grt the hate for generals. Would you rather 30 NFL threads or 10, where 9 are short lived and one is the general?

Should a new thread be created for every bit of news?

game threads arent the same as generals.

>no />tfwnogfg/

;_;

What?

Say news breaks about two playwrs getting injured in a sport you dont care about. Would you rather a new thread foe each of them or both of them being contained in a general?

Id much rather the lattet

Don't emberass us please.
Semi-offtopic threads like that should be allowed, but the janny spams cp ten deletes the thread and bans everyone in it.

/hoc/ is ironically autistic though

FUCK I miss autismputt

Severance is equal to 6 months salary for the janis

>/hoc/ is ironically autistic though
Can you imagine actually believing this

/arse/ needs to go, generals for leagues can stay though

I never got why they spam cp

why not just nuke it?

/hoc/ is the best general of the 4 major sports. Maybe a namefag or two but pretty much zero tripfags most of the time I scroll through. /bet/'s tripfags seem like the least bad bunch

Generals aren't actually the problem. The problem is that off-topic threads aren't allowed even though they don't do harm either

Also, go into any /arse/ or /heem/ general when there isn't a match/fight and you will see that less than 5% of posts are sports related. Off topic threads should be allowed, that is the only issue.

The sports bar/pub ideal is what Cred Forums should be.

>rags

SeeI can't fathom why the janny would have cp saved let alone understand why they would spam a thread with it, if it isn't a janny it's a dedicated shitposter that spams any semi-offtopic thread till it gets deleted.
>/hoc/ is the best general of the 4 major sports
Hockey isn't even a major sport and /hoc/ is shit.

Trips fags are more cancerous than generals

How much is that before taxes?

>Hockey isn't even a major sport and /hoc/ is shit.
all of Cred Forums is shit. /hoc/ is fine

thats because you are an idiot.

/bet/ is a scholarly discussion regarding wagers
The rest are autistic manchildren who have no one else to talk too

I'll have to refer any questions you have about the jany's income to his financial advisor. She should be available to answer questions once she gets back from picking up some tendies and hot pockets.

I already checked, the Janitor will not be receiving any compensation.

/bet/ is the pinnacle of Cred Forums, you need to be an elite memer with years of experience to even survive that thread

I can verify. I've been here since 2008 and I can't spend more than a few minutes in /bet/ before the memes make me pass out

Sam Hinkie literally posts in /nba/, you guys got it made

I'm sitting here watching the slow death of /hoc/ btw

Tbh

Janitors are the fucking problem. I made a few joke threads dedicated to Jarryd Hayne two weeks back and got banned for it, even though it was entirely sports related.

APOLOGIZE

LOL

>APOLOGIZE
>WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>I HURT MYSELF TODAY
>Really makes you think
>Is X, dare I say it, elite?
>JUST
>What did he mean by this?
>I know the *insert championship round* hasn't even started yet, but fuck it we already won

Yeah... Generals are the problem...

those are all shit threads but generals stimy creativity. more threads being created would allow the shit ones to roll off quicker

>Cred Forums being about creativity
>ever

You guys have this fake utopia of a website in your memories. Cred Forums was never a bastion of creativity, and taking generals away won't make change that.

/nfl/ is a special thread with special people, if you know what i mean. good luck with that one.

>meme troll threads are worse than threads full of reddit dropout namefags and the same memes as posts
generals undermine anonymous with a concentrated culture. 0-value echo chambers.

>i just come here for glorified chat rooms so no one else knows anything and is delusional
just fuck off to your little safe space.

This idea that you guys have that everyone here discussed all sports before there were generals is just retarded. It's always been:
>American vs. European shitflinging threads
>tfw no gf
>mfw an American was fat near me
>Handegg
>Boreball
>Cuckhoop
>I don't think this semen slurping sport is for me
>Please watch our sport, big strong americans
>Divegrass
If people want to discuss a specific sport in a thread, let them do it. Generals are a good way to help pass league news, and other league specific stuff around.

Also, this board is over-moderated enough as it is. We don't need to give the mods another reason to delete threads.

I would be fine with removing generals so long as mods backed the fucked off and allowed power ranking threads, ect.

I don't know why uppity mods which no one really likes or wants are allowed to dictate the culture and direction of a board so heavily.

/wwe/

But those times were the GOAT era of Cred Forums when we were literally single-handedly churning out all the best memes on Cred Forums

Seriously we don't even have any new sports related memes. Lelbron was gold

/ass/ was the GOAT general until the sick pedo mod ruined it

>safe space
boy that meme doesn't mean anything anymore, does it

Let's be real though. Cred Forums was always essentially a containment board after sports were done for the day. Now that any and every off-topic thread on Cred Forums is banned, all these "funposters", many who probably drink all day, start infesting other boards fishing for (You)'s with stale shitposts and a general douchebag attitude. I think it's fair to assume Cred Forums is the biggest victim, as it's the most related board to sports. Just allow broculture threads on Cred Forums again and you will see improvements beyond this board.

2009-2011 era Cred Forums when broculture was allowed was when Cred Forums was top dog of Cred Forums. OC was cumming by the buckets and every other board started stealing our material.

No shit. Then over moderation followed by general threads aka chatrooms and various waves of horrible newfags who never lurked completely fucked us.