One of these QBs will make the Hall of Fame and the other, superior QB won't...

One of these QBs will make the Hall of Fame and the other, superior QB won't. Is this ths greatest injustice in sports history?

2 rings bich

eli is such a fraud and defense baby

giants D won those ships. eli was just along for the ride

true for 07, but he shredded NE defense in 11

explain to me why phill sims isn't in the hall then retard?

If they keep up their current trends for a couple more years, as in Rivers dominating and Manning shitting, Rivers will get in instead of Manning. He's been garbage for 3 years now.

>shredded the worst pass defense in the NFL
kek

eli scored less points and threw for less yards than the pats D were allowing on average

rex grossman had better games against that shit D than eli did in the superbowl

once again if it wasn't for that D eli would have zero rings

edleman was a slot corner for that fucking defense

that D was utter trash. brady carried that team to the superbowl and was still one wes drop away from another ring

Any argument that can be made for Rivers based on stats is even more true for Romo.

Romo is statistically better than Rivers if we're not talking about championships.

it's too late. casual plebs who only watch the super bowl + NY media + loud Giants fanbase + Pats haters means no matter what happens, Eli is getting in. He's in and there's nothing we can do about it.
Guys like Philip Rivers, Donovan McNabb and Tony Romo who are statistically head and shoulders above him won't because they have no rings.
It's already been written, there's nothing anyone can do about it but complain.

Neither of them are really HoF worthy.

doesn't change the fact that the Giants had like 50 first downs that game and controlled the ball for like 40 minutes

Romo is a garbage time babby

>ball control offense against the worst D in the league
wowitsfuckingnothing.jpg

they also would have lost if not for wes welker dropping that pass

also because the giants D was getting 3 and outs and safeties

That's retarded. Cowboys under Romo are notorious for being close games.

congrats on making a losing game close by the end against prevent defenses I guess

Let's not talk about close games, prevent defense, or anything of the sort when Chargers are even remotely involved in the topic

Chargers are the team that lets up the lead in those games

As much as I love watching Rivers, he couldn't win a meaningful game to save his career.

Philip Rivers, the first person to throw for over 500 yards in one game without an interception, lost the game anyways. Happened last year

I don't even know to which you are referring to OP
>they sucked because they destroyed a shitty defence.
How is that their fucking fault?
What were they supposed to do? Use voodoo magic to make a better defensive team win the AFC? Dominating is dominating. Also protip, it's not THAT shitty of a defence if it's in the superb owl.

>2x Super Bowl MVP
>not making the HOF

Lol yea ok

Rivers should have bitched his way out of San Diego too. Never going to win shit there.

jim plunkett

>team A would have won if they didn't make mistakes
>implying that doesn't apply to almost every game ever played

Yea and if Wilson didn't throw that pick against the Pats they most likely would have won the SB. The point is he did and they lost.

I can never remember how the NFL Hall is
Where does it score on exclusivity from 1 to 10, with a 10 being apehoop where anyone who has ever touched a basketball in their life gets in, and a 1 being baseball where the criteria changes annually based on how many voters died of old age and so they have to limit it to like 3 at a time to prevent the youngins from letting in anyone who wasn't a lifetime yankee

>Jim plunkett

2x Super Bowl champion but only won the SB MVP once

except Eli has never been a top 5 NFL QB in any season in his entire career

he's been a bottom 10 QB multiple times

> tfw watched two GOATs waste their careers in SD

Being a Chargers fan is suffering. Only Brownsbros know what it's like

Yea but compare Eli to Plunkett. Plunkett had injuries, came off the bench later in his career, has an all time record of 72-72 and threw 198 int's compared to only only 164 tds. Eli may not have the stats of a top 5 QB but he's MUCH better than that.

Not really. He's only 12 games above .500 and throws tons of INTs in an era where good QBs don't get intercepted. He's always had a good receiving corps to boot. Maybe Plunkett shouldn't be in the HOF but that doesn't mean that Eli should get in.

Actually I don't think even browns fans had GOATs to waste their careers on.

Like, seriously.

Can you name a single person who was a great player for the browns?

Jim Brown
:^)

>Jim Brown
I mean like, in the past 20 or 10 years

Eli should most definitely get in. The longevity of his career, 18-1, consecutive starts, over 100 career wins, playoff record, top 10 in all time passing yards, 2x super bowl champion, and 2x Super Bowl MVP. It's pretty much guaranteed.

Phil will get into the hall. His stats will demand it. It may take a few ballots but he'll get in

yea, he'll get in but he doesn't deserve to

being in NY, being carried to some Owls, and having volume stats because of the era he plays in will put him there but he clearly isn't even top 30 QBs ever

Well at this point it seems like you just don't like Eli for whatever reason. I don't think he was carried to any of the owls and even IF he was Qb's will always take majority of the blame if they lose and majority of the credit if they win. As for not being a top 30 QB I seriously doubt that as well. When you think of the most important thing a QB can possibly do it's not stats. It's winning football games. The most important game you can possibly win is the SB. Eli not only won two of them (which only 11 other qbs in NFL history have done) he's also only the 5th player to have multiple SB mvps. I don't see how it's possible for him not to deserve a HOF spot

Because as I said before, he's never been a top 5 QB in any season ever. He won the first SB MVP because QB's always win that unless someone else has a superlative performance. He deserved the second one. But basically it's a meaningless award. As for winning football games, he's barely above .500 with consistently good teams. It's not like he dragged shitty teams to those Owls, those teams were stacked with talented players on both sides and they just under performed in the regular season.

Neither deserve to make it, although it's hard to argue against two SB MVP awards in Eli's case. Rivers is and will always be a loser, and his defenders will always have excuses for him.

Simms didn't play in the 1990 super bowl

Eli is the clutch dragonman.

That counts for something.

As I said before stats aren't everything. Like you said, this is the era when all good qbs have high volume stats. To me that says that stats don't carry the weight that they used to. What does still has weight is winning championships. You think Rodgers or Brees wouldn't want to trade away their great stats for another SB ring? You think Rivers wouldn't trade his away for his first? Eli didn't drag shitty teams to those owls but I assure you they didn't drag him either and when the time came in those games for Eli to step up he did and that's why he won the MVP both times. You know how many qbs in NFL history have great stats? Plenty of them. How many are multiple SB mvp's? Only fucking 5 and Eli is one of them.

He averages like 19 points per game in the SB, not that clutch.

2011 Eli was insane clutch, 32nd ranked rush defense was nowhere as good as 07

NFCCG game 49ers got 38 QB hits and he pulled that out. Too bad that guy doesn't exist anymore

>32nd ranked rush defense
meant offense

Jeez

Eli will get in because he has the rings but he is shit. You can't be great when you throw all those picks. He sucks. He will get in but there are better QBs than Eli

It has nothing to do with what Brees or Rivers would want. There are countless players that never won a championship that would trade anything for one, but that doesn't mean that someone who won is better. And again SB MVP is basically the QB of that SB award unless another player had an all time performance like Miller last year. Just looking at QBs last year- Peyton, Brady, Ben, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers... and if they can stay healthy: Newton, Luck, Wilson... all obiously better QBs than Eli. Eli is basically Flacco with 2 rings instead of 1.

Eli is the only "elite" QB with a fucking 83 career QB Rating even the pick machine Favre was at 86. His career completion % is under 60 he also leads the league in interceptions since the year he entered more than the scrub cutler. Yes he has two Super Bowls and he made some nice clutch throws but his defense held Brady and the pats to 17 and 14 points in the games they deserve more credit than him for the rings.

>owl MVP is a meaningless award
Nigga please

>Phil will get into the hall. His stats will demand it.

I don't see it happening. He's already 34 with a 4-5 playoff record that's likely staying that way until he retires. He has zero significant victories in his career. There really isn't any comparable QB currently in the HoF to him. After Peyton, Brady, and Brees get in, it's probably just going to be Ben, Eli, and Rodgers (depending on when they retire). I can easily see Rivers and Romo getting passed over from this era. Actually I give Rivers about a 25% shot at this point.

Chucking it as hard as you can and praying for a miracle doesnt make you clutch, it makes you lucky.

If he's lucky enough to win 2 Owls, I'll take that luck any day.

Well if you REALLY want to get into it I can say that better stats don't mean you are the better QB either. Where do you play? Do you have a better system? Do you have a better offensive line? Do you have better receivers? Does your team throw more? You have to ignore all of that and just look at the stats for what they are. They definitely play a role in determining those stats but if you really throw them in it's impossible to judge anything. Same thing for SB wins. Either you have them, or you don't. I don't care who had the better stats or who is statistically better than Eli. I'm looking at who won the big games when it really mattered and who didn't.

The worst part, Satan, is that Romo is the quarterback of the Cowboys, and that might get him extra consideration.

Rivers is clearly better, but Rivers is on the Chargers, a team nobody pays attention to unless somebody on the team dies. He has no shot.

>only brownsbros know
>forgetting the team that crushed the spirit of Barry Sanders and made Calvin Johnson retire early

He's not wrong though. It pretty much goes to the QB of the winning team by default unless someone else goes out and has a monster day to force them to give it to a non QB (Santonio Holmes, Hines Ward, Von Miller, etc).

07 Eli wasn't close to the MVP of that team, the D-line won them that game and if I have to give MVP to one guy probably Justin Tuck.

11 he earned it I guess, that was just such a shitty boring rematch that no one outside of the Northeast cared about.

Doesn't really matter anyway. Whether or not you think Eli deserves to get in the HOF is irrelevant. Bottom line is you said Eli will probably get in and the people that are in charge of deciding who gets in or not are people that know more about football than you do. You are entitled to your opinion of course.

what a hot take

You are a retard. Eli's going to get in but he doesn't deserve it. Let's outline the reasons he gets in.

1. He does have 2 Super Bowl rings, regardless of how they were acquired.

2. This one is key, his last name is Manning.

That's it. He's played like a mediocre starting QB for the majority of his career (with PLENTY of offensive weapons) and got hot in 2 postseason runs. If his last name wasn't Manning he wouldn't even be in consideration.

Ive watched Romo is whole career. He is in no way a garbage time qb. now stop throwing words around you heard from bill simmons to make you seem knowledgeable dumb fucks.

Lol well that's all I can say at this point. I'm not gonna sit here and try to convince anyone of anything. We both made out arguments and we both aren't changing our opinions. We both think he'll get in but only I think he deserves it. Realistically it seems like a hot take to say he will get in but not deserve it because you only get in the HOF by deserving to be in but whatever.

>He is in no way a garbage time qb.

Right. Time isn't necessary.

>he will get in but not deserve it
>consecutive starts
>2 time SB MVP (something only 4 other players in NFL history have)
>top 10 all time for total passing yards

Well like I said before, everyone is entitled to their opinion but if he does get in it's going to be because people smarter than you decided he deserves to be in.

why do you think smart people decide on football?

I said people smarter than you. I mean why should value the opinion of some dude posting on Cred Forums over people that are actually entrusted to make the decision?

>player gets inducted into HOF
>"omg he doesn't deserve it because some random dude on an image board said so!"

Lol