I just bought the oculus rift. it is an imax screen in front of my eyes...

I just bought the oculus rift. it is an imax screen in front of my eyes. There is no reason to ever go to the cinema again. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3-8nmwuQGEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How are you supposed to enjoy a bucket of crab legs with a pair of goggles strapped to your kino holes

drop dead faggot

The social element. The sound. Enjoying going to the movies, making plans. Cuddling.

Has anyone been murdered while wearing one of these things yet?

Do you live in some sort of shithole where your personal security is really an issue or are you get paranoid?

I'm just curious about facts and statistics, things you are actually afraid of.

Someone's going to get murdered wearing one of these things eventually, I just want to know if it's happened yet and if so when

yeah, imagine how lonely your falcon would get

Everyone always brings this up, the 'social element' as being some positive for going to a cinema.

Have you met people? They're cunts, they're disguting, rude, and totally unaware of anyone but themselves. Everytime I go to a big movie premiere there's people talking, people texting, people taking your armrest, etc.

People are generally shit to be around, I'd rather enjoy my own space, my own food, be able to fart and eat hot crab legs with garlic butter while I watch a movie in my underwear

Probably about equivalent to how many people are randomly killed while they're sleeping every night

>I'm just curious about facts and statistics
Just how often are people murded in the own homes while taking a shit? What difference does it make?

>things you are actually afraid of.
Hah, that's a laugh coming from the guy who is afraid to cover his eye in fear someone will stab him.

> I just want to know if it's happened yet and if so when
Why? Do you have some irrational fear of covering your eyes? How do you ever sleep at night?

is it good for masturbating

>covering your eyes is completely normal guys, don't worry you won't get stabbed to death by the invading horde of refugees and illegal immigrants and out-of-work inner city coloreds
Hm, yeah, I think I'll wait for the initial murder statistics to come in

My aunt used to take me to the imax and let me feel her up during the film

that has to be so fucking bad for your eyes

Do you live in fucking south africa or something?

There's like a murder every six months in my city of 1 million

You literally spend about eight hours a night, the time when most murders happen, with your eyes closed in a state of unconsciousness. Why are you worried about VR being anymore dangerous?

> you won't get stabbed to death by the invading horde of refugees and illegal immigrants and out-of-work inner city coloreds

Ah, because you're a Cred Forumstard who thinks the world is flooded with refugees despite probably never having met an illegal immigrant in your life. Enjoy your paranoia

Well I'm not friends with rude cunts nor do I date them. I don't know, I usually don't have a terrible experience. Someone yells, one of us will usually tell him to be quiet. Friends can make a lot of bad movies enjoyable and terrible movies awesome to watch. They will never understand how often I quote this board though. Even sausage party was okay because we all disliked it so much and had so much to say about how bad it was.

Also your other organs, can you imagine being shot to death while completely unawares?

Your second amendment rights wouldn't even help because you'd have no idea what was happening to you while criminals were murdering you

lucky

You sound like a massive pussy. Did your mom make you wear a helmet on the schoolbus when you were a kid or something?

Mine too, then she got married and said we couldn't anymore.

Fucking Steve ruining my fun.

What does your falcon use to watch the movie?

Yes, like any rational parent does.

Do you know how many fights break out on school buses? Do you know how unsafe those things are when the crash? You're just not taking care of yourself or your children if you let them go to school without a helmet.

I just like to have all my senses available whenever possible, I mean it isn't like the Rift interacts with alarm systems or anything. Alarms can wake me up when I'm asleep, what's the Oculus currently going to do if a Syrian invader approaches me with a sword while I'm using it?

yes there must be like hundreds of blind people being killed by sword wielding syrian invaders every minute in their living rooms

Blind people have government handlers watching over them 24/7, at least in the US. It's not like just strapping on some dangerous device which obscures your vision with no alarm connection or government staff to ensure your safety.

But user, that's an HTC Vive.

So the average American goes to the theatre 2 times per year and the Occulus Rift costs $600 so divide that by the $20 you would have otherwise paid for theatre tickets and that little device will have paid for itself in only 20 years.

Uhh you do know you're supposed to place your gf in the care of the cinema bull, right?

How can i shoot people if I am at home on an occulus?

>he doesnt know about the oculus no singles policy

youre in for a rough surprise kiddo

Xbox Live

>being a normie
You're forgetting most people here aren't normies

Vive is much better. And you actually posted it instead of Oculus. OP you are so stupid.

Like I agree that a lot of movies do have to thrive on a social element (Rocky Horror, The Room, pretty much every popular shitty horror movie, The Tingler) but by and large if you're gonna be making something that you need people's full attention drawn towards you should make it so it can only focus on one person at a time.

Not realistic enough

>The social element.
waiting behind people, waiting behind people
>The sound.
people ruffling through packets and drying not to cough making them cough more and setting of other people
>Enjoying going to the movies,
I enjoy the low rumble and popcorn smell and paraphernalia. easily replicated in a home set up
> making plans.
basically "lets go to the movies" "ok"
>Cuddling.
you can have your best waifu augmented

Good thing I can't enjoy the cinema anyway ever since they instated their No Singles policy on all days of the week.

Really makes you *tip*

My local cinema has one day where singles are allowed, but they don't turn off the lights on those days, so it still kind of sucks.

they make us wear headphones with an aux jack in the armrest so the noise doesn't affect the couples cinema experience

I think they think it distracts us so we are more focused on the movie and "quite down"

Its bullshit and gave me tinnitus in my right ear

>tfw tinnitus

Haven't you ever heard the saying "if everyone around you is an asshole, chances are you're the asshole"?

>I talk all the way through movies because I'm an inconsiderate cunt

it's still kinda bothersome, it's light straight at your eyes instead of a screen receiving the projection

but yeah pretty cool

that's only good for comedies

>local theater chain implemented a no singles policies

f-fuck the movies

>cuddling with a qt girl
look at this faggot

>arguing with 000

Kek has spoken user, let it be.

he has his own

literally OP
youtube.com/watch?v=3-8nmwuQGEI