So what did Cred Forums think of the premiere of AHS season 6

I just watched the episode and was wondering what Cred Forums though of it.

Much better premiere than Hotel

A step in the right direction!

Need more BM/WF couples

I liked it, but the preachy, preachy stuff made the characters seem very stupid.

>Sir you live in the middle of bum fuck nowhere and we aren’t going to be able to protect you all the time.
>Maybe you should get a gun.
WHAT!!!!!

>Hey someone might have broken into the house
>Maybe you should get your gun
Nah, i got a wrench, anyway it’s were it belongs in a safe™

Better than Hotel by miles though, thank god there ain’t dozens of characters already.

What's the season even about?

They haven't said.

Fucking really? It started and it doesn't even hint to what it's about?

It seems to be another murder house

I find the setting/theme reaaallly boring

>what can we do
>let's do the falsback parts of Coven again
>but in a murder house
>yeah, that's sort of okay, let's wrap it up guys

fuck, I was really hoping for AHS6: The Mist like some evidently fake spoilers were saying

Well it's not really flashbacks more so, a parody of shows like Dateline.

Horrendous acting
Bland characters
Shitty gimmick that dissolves tension
No into, they even showed all the scares at the start in the opening sequence

Not impressed, only cool part was the breathing forest

>It's BLM preaching season

>white trash vs new black man in the neighbourhood

i predict this trope will be turned on its head

>the rednecks were actually trying to help the newcomers all along from some larger sinister force

I was amazed the black lady
1. Wasn't shot by the cops
2. And was telling the blonde chick to let the cops do their jobs

I know its not the writers intention, but those things only makes them seem stupid.

Not even 5 minutes in, and there are two black male, white female couples, and a black man is suckerpunched by a white thug as part of a gang initiation.

It also starts off by saying it's based on a true story.

10/10

Don't forget the blonde chick left her knife in the kitchen after hearing a nose, the day after her house was broken into.

Also
>Why are they doing this?
>Confederate flag.

*Noise

The title of the season is "My Roanoke Nightmare," though it is taking place in modern times.

Right now, yea, it's just a seemingly haunted house. What's unique about the season is how the story is framed. The show is presented as a horror documentary series, like "I Can't Believe I Survived" and "Let Me Tell You Bout this Ghost Dick."

There's one set of actors who are talking directly to the camera, narrating what happened to them. Then, there's another set of actors who are performing a dramatic re-enactment of said events.

It's not shot like a dramatic re-enactment, though. It's shot like any other episode of AHS, so that's disappointing.

Literally race mixing the show

That was my immediate guess when I saw they were trying to buy the house. To keep the scary murder hut from falling into the hands of people who don't know it's a scary murder hut.

it is a bit disappointing, although i'm not sure the re-enactment style would work for a whole season.

i hope they have a plan for how they're doing the documentary style and not just that its an easy way to fit their regular actors into the story by doubling them up

>It's not shot like a dramatic re-enactment, though. It's shot like any other episode of AHS, so that's disappointing.

Disappointing and distracting. The whole documentary framing style added nothing but interruptions with shots of the other actors sighing and crying.

>So what did Cred Forums think of the premiere of AHS season 6
I haven't really been into it since ALIENZ, and FREAKPENIS
Because each show seems to have one or two good/decent hooks but shits all over everything after some point because they can't write for shit.

LOOK HONEY ITS RAINING TEETH

It about Roanoke Island which is the home of one of the first colonies in America. Which completely disappeared.

The whole season is based around mystery. There is a setup of the "missing" colonists at the very start. My bet is that they might actually put a spin on it and make some of it revolving around the fake that there are alot of fake acting troupes around there doing shit.

There is also a haunted house, a pigman and a scene where the entire ground in the woods was moving like the island is alive. So there's plenty of shit going on. The whole island cult and moving island looks like some eldritch bullshit which is pretty good.

My bet is that the reenactment is actually real but the voice overs are just a distraction setup by the island or some dodgy shit.

Super happy with this season so far, just waiting for all the other actors like evan peters and emma roberts to rock up.

Needs more Lily Rabe.

So, is this show any good? Felt like watching a horror series but i never paid attention to AHS. It's an anthology show, right? With each season starting a new story? In that case, should i watch it in order or can you guys just recommend the best seasons/episode s

I wish she was the reenactment lady instead of the interview lady

It's pretty decent for seasons 1-3, with 3 being my favorite (I have a weakness for witch drama).
I skipped 5 and wish that I had also skipped 4.

for me i enjoyed a certain magical aspect of season 1, then continued to be disappointed by the rest which i still watch chasing the feeling of s1

Watch season 1-3 and maybe 4 if you really really like the actors, avoid season 5 like the plague and season 6 just started and is already better than season 5

Do not watch 3

It would be great if they dropped the stupid "real" people narrating bullshit.

Half the time they are just saying exactly what we are seing and the other half of the time they interrupt the fucking show and destroy what ever scene is happening.

As of right now it is one of the worst ideas I've ever seen. My only hope is that it goes away soon with some kind of trick. They moved so fast and covered so much ground the first episode I can't imagine they can keep going with it anyway.

Do it for her

Yeah and it gives away that these characters survive the whole ordeal

Worst by far.

She was great but she gets completely fucked over. She gets the worst end despite being an absolute pure qt ;__;

vicous white street gangs

I see, i guess I'll give it a try. Btw, isn't Gaga in season 5? I thought people liked her

Well season 5 goes for more of a shock than a horror vibe 1,2 and 4 generally try to be horror, for example this image is from the first episode and gives a pretty good picture of what the season tries and fails at.

Forgot to mention the episode ends with this image and pans out for a solid minute or two

Croatoan

5 is pretty good. Gaga has great intro.
It has the same problem as many of the other seasons where they don't know how to end it.

It was awful:
>zero tension due to faux documentary style
>blair witch rip off
>opens with a fucking ad instead of the usually cool opening credits

I did laugh pretty hard at "MOMMA'S STILL PACKING" though

Hotel is complete and utter trash, and any who says otherwise should have their opinions immediately discarded. It's a convoluted, disjointed, and unfocused mess that is all style with absolutely zero substance. What little plot they have is all over the place, none of the characters are likeable, and the show's conflict and resolution leave a lot to be desired.

They got Lady Gaga on board, and made the horrible decision to make the entire thing look like a shitty music video director made it.

It's basically a bunch of COOL SPOOKY SETS AND IMAGRAY AND OUTFITS AND GLAM without any actual narrative threads to connect them or make them interesting.

Also, the first episode literally ends on the song Hotel California. Get it? It's a HOTEL, and it's in CALIFORNIA! AND THERE ARE GHOSTS THAN CAN CHECK OUT BUT NEVER LEAVE! CLEVER, IT'S POETRY

You cannot get more hack.

they like her ass. Extremely limited range/performance though, don't let her golden globe win fool you

Correct, each season is a different story. 1 and 2 are the best, 3 and 4 aren't as good (4 was just a complete bore in my opinion). 5 everyone seems to hate, but I don't know, I thought it was better than 3 and 4 easily.

>a pigman
I thought that was a pig being held up and having his head cut off.

it's officially American Horror Story: Roanoke. At least, that's what it says at the FX website

>So, is this show any good?
Tried watching it after hearing all the praises here on Cred Forums
Season 1 was like an insult. Glossy, polished turd. After first two episodes throwing every possible painful cliche and trick in my face together with masturbating and crying Nathan Drake i just couldn't stop looking how deep that rabbit hole of shit goes and whether they're rally going to just do a fucking Rosemary's Baby like that
Season 2 embraces it's shittiness and just goes batshit, i'm still in the middle of it but it's great. The only thing it lacks so far is probably Dracula and classic zombies
Tried watching season 6 and it felt like i'm numb drunk watching MTV. It wasn't even trying to pose some fucking mystery to hook me up, it's just a fucking vampires and ghosts? Also that fucking orgy while Tear you apart plays, did the thought they're making awesome fitting PV for it with this shit? Felt fucking insulted. Dropped midway second episode
just my 2 cents

Interesting, I hadn't considered that there might be fuckery around the whole re-enactment gimmick. Personally I doubt it though, you're giving the writers of AHS too much credit, these are the same hacks who made season 3, 4 and 5, I reckon it's just straightforward. Personally the re-enactment thing ruins it for me, unless there is a twist there.

so..on to more important things......why did the clown turn into a giant spider?

Also, anyone who is waiting for Emma Roberts to show up:don't get your hopes up. Apparently she's only going to make a brief appearance at most.

You mean a drider?

>after hearing a nose
Like poetry

What kind of scares does this show use? Cheap jump scares or "girl crawling out of the TV" scares?

Mostly the latter. The show isn't even scary, they just use a lot of horror tropes.

No scares. It's basically just Halloween drama.

both depending on the episode.

the biggest scare you'll get from this show is goosebumps on your forearms. they don't really try for anything more, thankfully

S1-3 are good, S4 is not that great, has only one redeeming element and that is:
>Dandy and his mother

Skipped s5 so idk about that one

So kind of like Cabin in the Woods?

Not really. Cabin is a comedy with winks and references to popular works in the genre like Hellraiser. AHS is a drama with ghosts and monsters and shit

Terrible.

bump