Now that the dust has settled, what is the general Cred Forums concensus on his performance?

Now that the dust has settled, what is the general Cred Forums concensus on his performance?

He was actually decent and funny as mary sue gremlin was a mary sue gremlin that was poorly writen for the sake of a female protag and her acting wasn't very good. It was a reversal of the expected outcome.

I thought he was the most likable charechter

Literally the only good character from that abortion of a """"""""""""film"""""""""""""

best part of the movie, not even meme'ing

Star wars triggers me, not kidding.

Why did fucking Star Wars put so much racism in their movies?

Watto is an obvious jew
Nemoidians are obvious Chinks complete with slant eyes and bad accents

And now we have Finn the Nigger stereotype:
> incompetent at his job
> runs away from his only work
> can't do shit without the white mans help
> tries to hit on and sexually molest the first white girl he meets

>"uuuuhhhhmmmmm ya got a boyfriend at home? ummmmmm got a sexy boyfriend at home? ummmm ugggghhh ..... well.... do ya?

Why the fuck is Star Wars so racist?

I thought it was Lucas being racist at first, but then fucking Disney trots out this horrible stereotype of a Nigger called Finn.

he was fine, only Cred Forumstards were triggered by him.

Exaggerated too much -no wonder Ridley couldn’t keep a straight face during the scenes with him- and is just the token black friend.

>>"uuuuhhhhmmmmm ya got a boyfriend at home? ummmmmm got a sexy boyfriend at home? ummmm ugggghhh ..... well.... do ya?

That line was horrible. It basically establishes Finn as a greasy perv.

My wife thought the Finn character came off extremely creepy.

He's constantly trying to grab Rey when she wants noting to do with him.

And what's with this shit?

> unnnhhhh ummmmmmm Uhhhhhh
> You got a boyfriend at home?
> hungh? hungh? do ya?

Is the Finn character written by Cred Forums or something?

>he actually thinks this was funny

jesus christ kids today

He did fine, his character was basically shit.

I didn't like how he went from basically quitting after seeing a comrade killed to gunning those same guys down without mercy. And of course after that he was just useless comic relief.

Frankly he was hardly necessary as a character. Fucking JJ.

>no young man has ever took a shot and hit on a woman, and to do so would be unnatural and laiden with malicious, insidious undertones

Was quite surprised to find I actually really liked him. He was flawed, vulnerable and has an interesting personal arc. Unlike that other main character, godfucking damn.

He was good.

In fact it was an odd combination of a shitty script with very good actors/actresses. Sometimes you just have to play the role you've been dealt. I bought the blu-ray and saw all the behind scene content. They all seem like really good, talented people. JJ just has a hard-on for the old movies so he demanded that they do it all over again. It's an extreme example of why you should keep fanboys the fuck away from the media they're so obsessed with in production.

We only do that in jest and banter. Most of us aren't racist at all. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. you overly sensitive fuckface.

>thinking that some actor's "performance" even matters in the context of a kid's movie made for babies and manchildren.
Just watch your stupid liveaction cartoon quiet and have fun with it.

I agree, his performance was really good, he's good at acting and portraying personality and emotion depending on the situation. Oscar Issac for what little he was on screen really brought the 60's star fighter pilot to life. Daisy was the weakest point next to Ford and Fisher that just phoned it in for the paycheck. If anything I would have reversed the rolls. Boyega was too human for a character that was supposed to be raised to be a robotic human. Disney got lucky that they Boyega was a good actor when all they were looking for was checks on list to makes sure that some feminist nerd girls and their beta cuck white knights don't give JJ shit at the next Comic Con.

He really didn't act the way I would expect someone who had spent his entire life in a military organization would act. I would expect him to be much less fear-full and much more emotionally stunted.

You're damn right about that. Unfortunately the idiots who tend to watch films wouldn't have gotten that.

>why was he so hard-headed and emotionless unlike me bohoooo

Maybe because he was raised from a child to be a storm trooper? It made very little sense as to why he acted like a hapless moron when he was raised, almost from birth in a military stance.

He was actually better than Daisy but he had a terrible character to portray.

It sounds weird for me even typing that, but that's how I feel about it.

This post was dumb.

>> incompetent at his job
So was Kylo when you think about it.

>> runs away from his only work
To eventually take on the bad guys at the most crucial moments, as well as face a trained lightsaber combatant. Examine the entire film, not just one of the beat of the plot.

>> can't do shit without the white mans help
And they ultimately rely on his knowledge to succeed. They all helped each other. What are you on?

>> tries to hit on and sexually molest the first white girl he meets
It's the first girl of any race at all, it's not like there's a black female character that he skips past to hit on the white girl. How gay would he have to be to have zero interest. And I never really interpreted him as legitimately hitting on her as much as he seemed curious about her past, but OK.

I like how you ascribe these qualities to blackness, though, nothing racist about that.

That's not even the line, though:

>Rey says she's trying to get back to Jakku
>Finn's like wtf why do you want to go back to Jakku

>Finn: Rey. You're a pilot. You can fly anywhere. Why do you want to go back? You got a family? You got a boyfriend, cute boyfriend?
>Rey: None of your business, that's why.

The fuck is creepy about that?

I liked him but I'm pretty easy on TFA in general. Just "not outright sucking" was all I wanted.
Boyega is a pretty likeable dude, at least in appearances and interviews. He was awesome in Attack The Block, which is still the only other movie I've seen him in.

just broadly, I like the idea of a stormtrooper turning away from stormtrooping. And since he's been raised from birth basically with the empire/first order (and was a janitor, i think) and deserted after his first mission, he serves as the audience surrogate.