What went so horribly wrong

What went so horribly wrong

It's been downhill since episode 1

Writing got a lot worse and it got much slower. Cast is still solid imo.

Nah its good you just hate whats popular

anyone else think during this scene that rick was sarcastically crying and just mocking carl?

>OH NOOOO AHHAAHHUHUH

It's shit. The first season was good but then they got rid of the showrunner and it's been downhill ever since.

AMC executives happened. Despite bringing them steadily increasing ratings and ad revenue, they kept slashing the budget and forced them into a formula that only enables them to have the budget for maybe one or two exciting episodes a season. Some shows can thrive with limitations like this by forcing writers into a corner where they actually have to be creative, but instead they opted to go the opposite direction by having an ever-rotating team of writers pander to the lowest of the lowest common denominators watching it because dude zombies lmao and they want to fuck/be Daryl.

I'll probably get made fun of for this, but I thought season 2 was great. The midseason reveal, the slow spiral of Shane, and the manipulations of Lori, and good character growth of Daryl, Glenn, and Andrea (Carol had some but she really came into her own s3-4).

Yeah, Darabont gave us such classics as the gangster nurses and the retarded CDC episode. It's not like the only good parts of his season were the parts that were taken word-for-word from the comic or anything.

Shane's arc in season 2 was 10/10

I loved all the gif edits of that scene back when it happened.
>you're no T-Dog

First season was decent, second was dogshit, everything after that has been decent.

It objectively becomes shit after they leave the prison. Or maybe before the whole Mulberry (or whatever) town story.

How was the ginger girl so fat in an apocalypse

idk, started fast forwarding the first episode first season, don't think I watched an entire episode before quitting entirely season 3.
I just want a zombie series where people aren't stupid as rocks, aka a zombie killing endevour.
Would be sweet to watch clever minds come up with nice ideas of killing zombies.

>everything after that has been decent
I can't believe I have to share a board with people like you.

Season 5 was objectively the most kino season.

can't say probably yes. I felt insulted after the second season and although there is no coming back from something like that I kept watching until Lori died and I was fucking laughing, seriously, I was cheering Carl on to fucking end that cunt. Doesn't sound like a normal reaction you should have when a main character tragically dies by the hand of her son while giving birth. And all you idiots should be ashamed that you kept watching. I mean ending the last season on a fucking cliffhanger, how is that not just plain hostile against fans in favor of rating for the next season.

The insulting the viewers tipping point came for me when they started driving a brand new Hyundai Tucson around the apocalypse in-between non-stop Hyundai ads.

it's a glandular problem!

Why can Jon Bernthal always save otherwise mediocre second seasons?

Yeah but how great will it be when they reveal that Hyundai was the only thing to survive and keep producing and that they have been leaving the cars on the streets for their loyal costumers to take

>Hyundai, lifetime warranty

This is now a Walking Dad thread

I hate these people. There is a fat fuck on my facebook that bitches about fat hate and then every other post is a new cake she baked. Disgusting, we should execute them all.

Season 2 is some of the worst television I have ever seen. You can literally feel how low budget it is.

The escape from cannibals was a cool though. That is the last time I thought the show was not shit.

Also, the characters are fucking retarded.

> Hey Rick. We have tons of zombies hitting against the wall. What should we do?
> Let's just wait for Daryl. He should be back soon.
> but the zombies.
> NO. We wait for Daryl, but you can reinforce the wall if you want though but thats it.

The episode with the two sisters, one being crazy, was the most fucked up. Could have been a standalone feature.

i dont remember such an episode

The writer has the mind of a child and you can easily tell that by how utterly clueless he is at developing characters and making them express their emotions. He has this one dimensional view of things. Notice how the characters literally take turns at seeing who's gonna be the next one to lose-their-temper-out-of-nowhere-and-then-bash-a-zombie-mindless-with-blood-splattering-on-his-face-while-endangering-himself-screaming-like-an-angsty-teenager-as-someone-watches-in-shock-then-they-proceed-to-connect-to-someone-and-reveal-their-one-secret-their-entire-personality-gravitates-around-and-then-they-magically-fix-themselves-and-stay-in-the-background-forever-as-the-next-character-does-the-exact-same-shit.

This is literally the entire plot of the show. Every character is one-dimensional as fuck, every progression follows the exact same steps every single time. Two or more characters simply do not develop at the same time because it would completely overwhelm his child's brain capacity.

I watched the first season and got the fuck out. It's pleb shit of the lowest tier. It's for people that would be entertained by low quality anime and parades

that's a big hyphenated sentence

For me.

S6 part 2 was probably the only consistently good part of the show

>lemme ax you sumthin Matt

You did good. I still watch this shit for a reason I don't even know why. I think I haven't fully enjoyed an episode since the very first season but somehow I just keep hoping it will start getting good "anyday now". It's funny because I know a lot of people in the same situation. I think it has to do with the fact that you have several complete shitshow episodes but then there is a really good moment and you think to yourself "NOW they are getting the hang of it", and then you realize you've been saying this to yourself for 6 entire seasons so you might as well just keep watching since you came this far.

I think the show peaked at the end of season 2 and everything since has just been meandering and awful. They deflated all the emotional tension and tried to please comic book fans too much when the comic started getting stale even faster than the TV series.

>le humans are le true evil xd

Who started this shitty cliche and why is it literally everywhere

The human subconscious started it, it is as old as the bible at least. Original sin as an idea was often implied to mean we ruined paradise not just for ourselves but everything else.

Im not sure if the walking dead is a shit show with good episodes or a good show with shit episodes

good on you

an average or better than average show with both

That's awful generous

Not really, most TV shows are complete trash compared to TWD, not even including reality TV garbage

To me the problem is simple. This show could have worked on a small budget focusing mostly on human behavior because that's what the comic does as well... but the show is badly written, over acted and the conflicts among humans are soap opera level.

Not to mention that, like on most zombie movies, characters are retards or obnoxious.
On movies that work because you want to see them die horribly as they attempt to escape but on a series you need to like them a little and generate empathy.

Lori was so obnoxious, pedantic and retarded that no writer could have made it tolerable to spend 12 episodes or so with her on a farm.

I blame her terrible terrible performance and overacting for most of TWD dropouts but half of the cast is just as bad and the conflicts really don't approach the apocalypse scenario on a convincing nor interesting manner.

For me, zombies are just corny and the showed played it out to long. First season was the only one I really enjoyed other ones were meh. The Terminus hype was cool though I give them that one

The Walking Dead is to drama/genre television as Chris D'Elia's Undateable is to sitcoms.

what a weird, esoteric reference.

and you're probably still wrong.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how the zombies are basically not even major threats anymore. They're used as a convenient plot device to move things along. Part of the reason why the first episode was so good was because zombies were an actual threat.

the fact that zombies were ever actually a threat is dumb as fuck honestly

You were talking about the average show and I mentioned a sitcom that was running on NBC until this year. What's esoteric about it? I was pretty clearly saying they were both bottom of the barrel, lowest effort imaginable trash.

Zombies shouldn't even exists at that point. After 3 years all of them should have been killed by the humans.

>I was pretty clearly saying they were both bottom of the barrel, lowest effort imaginable trash.
the only reason you think this about TWD is because it's one of the most popular shows, in reality there are much worse shows out there, but they're not popular enough for you to have watched them or even think about them when thinking of the worst of the worst

>you hate it because it's popular

No shit. He's posting on Cred Forums.

It's not like the show is the most amazing in the world, but the only thing that really pisses me off is the retarded gurgling noise the zombies make, it makes them seem like a generic monster and zombies are pretty fucking generic to begin with. I also hate how they have to make the zombies appear angry, every encounter would have so much more emotional weight to it if the enemy was just a mindless husk that made a woeful moaning sound reminiscent of a cry of sadness. And was only moved by the motivation to consume without any disposition. But they sound and look like fucking Linda Blair in The Exorcist so it's just comical.

I watched the first 3 seasons and stopped after the season 3 finale. I really didn't think any particular part of it was terrible, everyone shit on season 2 at the time but I didn't mind it. After the season 3 finale when the battle with The Governor never actually happened despite the whole season building up to it, I just gave up on the show as a whole. I remember turning the TV off as the credits were rolling, and me and my older brother both said at the same time "I don't think I'm gonna watch this anymore." We both have not watched it since.

With that said, the very first episode TWD is pure fucking kino. Great acting, great atmosphere, great pacing, great writing. There's like 3 characters in the entire episode and 75% of the episode has no dialogue, and it manages to tell the best story of any episode. With the way the episode ends, they could have just ended the whole series with it. It would have been a perfect little 45 minute comic book short film.

i dont see how the first episode is that much better than the rest of the season, felt consistent to me

I agree, zombies aren't supposed to show or even have emotions, that's what makes them scary. And the noises they make make no sense to me at all. It's so unnecessary, just breathing and moaning sounds way more intimidating and fear inducing to me than just fucking roaring and gurgling

they know most people are plebs

Of course there's going to be worse things out there, but that's not the point. Do you think Movie 43 is also average because some guy made a shitty slasher movie in his backyard once? The Walking Dead takes almost every shitty television trope and ratings bait tactic there is and cranks them up to 11, it's insulting.
>waaaaaah my taste is trash waaaaah everyone who disagrees with me is just pretending
This is legitimate autistic behavior, see a doctor. Half the thread has been reasons people have for disliking the show, and the fact that your retarded ass can't come up with a better defense for it than "lmao haters fall back you just don't like it because it's popular" is extremely telling.

At least someone else gets it. Pretty much anytime they stick to the comic, the series is pretty good. Once they diverge, it becomes complete shit.

Look at the flowers, user.

As soon as they get out of the city (episode 3 I think?) it drops off in my opinion.

It's a bit slow but overall good.It's not Breaking Bad tier but passable.Anybody who doesn't like it is a neckbeard fagget.

>once they left the city
Atlanta was the only place there was any non-artificial sense of tension or danger in the whole series. They could have lived out the rest of their lives in goddamn tree forts in the woods if it weren't for all the contrived conflict.

Common sense (like in the comics) is to get the fuck away from Atlanta. Way too many zombies. Of course they spend the entire first season there.

The zombie virus in this show is vague as fuck. Everyone's infected and will turn regardless of how they die. Bodily fluid contact with the zombies will kill you, but that's not what turns you. The guy at the CDC explained that it invades your brain after you die and that's why you turn, he also explained that it's the brain stem that activates and it's the part that needs to be destroyed, but throughout the show the characters take the zombies down by barely penetrating the skull in the frontal lobe, going an inch through the eye etc. The fuck.

I mean the zombies got so easy to kill they've become a plaything or sth

>Look at the flowers, user.
hah, forgot about that, wtf was her problem>?

Prison should have been about rebuilding society. Then each season could be about the troubles of building society , and dealing with a post zombie world.

Instead it turned back into wandering bullshit again. Good for a couple of seasons but ultimately boring as shit. In my head the show ended at the prison.

They killed off all the good white characters such as Beth and introduced too many spics and shitskin niggers