Iconic comic relief or Insufferable annoyance that ruins the film?

Iconic comic relief or Insufferable annoyance that ruins the film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lFeLDc2CzOs
youtu.be/V-_mqJLxIww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I laughed.

the latter imo

Eh, there wasn't much to ruin anyway. He was annoying, but I was already checked out by that point anyway.

He fit the world well.

>underlining
>arrow pointing

youtube.com/watch?v=lFeLDc2CzOs
>Green like what?

Comedic perfection

>Bruce Willis glancing up as Ruby's hair threatens to hit him

I always felt Jar Jar was the comic relief the movies deserved. But I wanted him to be a Sith Lord.

whynotboth.gif

90s Chris Tucker is great, except for in this film so it's the latter. The faggot kinda ruined it, but i thought it worked when i was younger

Kek

He added to the overall quirkiness of the movie.

How come chocolate sauce started coming out of his head when the big evil voice was talking to him?

honestly feel that they didnt go either comedic enough with the tone of the movie or not serious enough with it. i think it would be a way better movie if they took it slightly more in either direction.

make it a more serious film and cut this guy out of it, or make it more comedic, but as it stands i lean towards him being an unlikable character.

Insufferable annoyance or Iconic comic relief that ruins the film?

i didn't mind him.

check'd

I always liked when he shows up. Corbin is on this super top secret mission to save the human race and this fucks contest was the only way to get the stones. Hes an amped up dj and i can imagine him being popular in that timeline

it werks

he's one of the many reasons I find The Fifth Element pretty lame.

he's totally insufferable, and a lot of what's bad about him can be said about the rest of the movie.

If you don't find Chris Tucker in The Fifth Element funny or at the very least entertaining, I don't even want to know you exist

sassy, zany 'meme blacks' in 90s and early 00s ruined a lot of movies.

like the Michael Bay idea of what a black person is like. basically a cartoon wisecracking Poochie somewhere between Chris Tucker and Martin Lawrence perpetually exclaiming "oh HEEEELLLL NAW"

How did an evil planet call him on the phone?

or in other words, Rush Hour

>Insufferable annoyance that ruins the film

This.

It sucked up a bunch of communications satellites. Weren't you paying attention?

the useless military craft crew specifically say "it's broadcasting radio waves" and "maybe it wants to make a phone call."

this

Great character and Chris Tucker is the only person who could have ever pulled it off

Eddie murphy could have played that role in his sleep while also playing 5 other fat black characters

Eddie murphy has been borderline comatose for as long as richard pryor has been an invalid.

He doesn't have the voice for it, can't hit those ridiculous high pitch notes that Tucker can.

Eddie Murphy can be annoying, but Chris Tucker is annoying to a level that I can believe he is a space alien which is why he works in the first place

Tucker is okay in Friday but he's just way to meme and annoying otherwise

That whole film was a disaster.

The french should not be entrusted with Sci-Fi.

>Eddie murphy could have played that role in his sleep
He sure was asleep in Pluto Nash.

pure, unadulterated kino

An accurate foreshadowing of our faggot future.

Chris Tucker's life will be spared on the day of the rope.

>The french should not be entrusted with Sci-Fi.
What about Jules Verne? He was a Roux de Poux

they must have at least focus grouped that character with kid and it did well or something? it's seriously one of the most baffling character inclusions ever. I know it's capeshit but Jesus Christ, was Lucas on coke or something? Did executives/investors at least try to talk him out of it?

She's not even that fat, just boxy.

Witnessed.

>Iconic comic relief or Insufferable annoyance that ruins the film?

yes

I still don't know who the bad guy was in this movie.

Was he the asteroid? Or the sun thing...

lol, it's always a black guy.

youtu.be/V-_mqJLxIww