Do americans really have to recite the pledge of allegiance in primary school?

Do americans really have to recite the pledge of allegiance in primary school?

I always thought it was a trope in tv shows until my mate told me otherwise

fuck off

no hasn't been done for a while, before ww2 they even held their hand up like a nazi salute. it's not that old of a tradition but it was done.

Do Europeans really recite the Koran?

fuckin weird shit man

cult like behavior

honestly didn't believe it was an actual thing until recently. was so sure it was a meme, alongside stuff like "no singles policies" in theatres or having to sneak food into them.

its not super common anymore and i don't know if there are any places where you absolutely have to

Do i even want to know what this article is about?

> the other guy is yurope

They don't make you.
Edgy faggots like to recite it, but omit the "under God" part.

Yes that do it. And yes it's still common. You don't have to place your hand over your heart though, you just have to stand.

They stopped that shit way back. Only did it a few years in elementary school before they stopped since kids protested during by kneeling.

Do non-Americans really obsess about use constantly?

no but we're required to win gold medals and break world records

>can I go to the bathroom?
>do you have a hall pass?

Can an american please explain this bullshit? Are your highschools like jails?

It's very common if you live in the heartland of America, faggot.

yeah i did it every morning. i graduated in 2009

Here in debt land we sing a short orthodox hymn before the first period.

in usa those kids would be shot dead

If you don't tip $5 to the pledge master you could get detention.

You don't have to but you're basically considered a fedora tipper if you don't.

they get arrested for crossing the street too

they call it "jaywalking"

> land of the free

Well if he's not, then it's all down hill from there.

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
FOR WHICH IT STANDS
SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING.....
AND JUSTICE FOR ALL

ya I mumbled through that shit in school

USA has some great things going for it.
So does Europe. There are lots of arenas in which you can compete that matter, in which the outcome would not be easy to predict, and lots of arenas in which you could compete in which the outcome would be laughably easy to predict that also matter.
Seeing who can swim back and forth in a pool faster is one of the dumbest, most inane "sports" that there is, however, and using it as a way to defend your country is not only lazy but also stupid; if swimming is among the best things you have to offer in contention to "America sucks" then whoever said that has one the argument, because if you believe swimming records mean anything in any relevant context outside of a conversation literally about swimming, then you already believe America sucks, and that swimming is the best you can do.

>primary school
>mate
Fuck off Britcuck.

I grew up in the middle of spicsville Los Angeles and we had to say the pledge every morning.

i went to a private elementary school in hawaii and our whole school would say the pledge every morning in our courtyard before going to homeroom

Last time I remember doing it was in like 2nd grade, and that was the mid 80s

i was born in 1986

all my schoolmates and I stood up every morning and recited the pledge. the tone of your post makes me think that you feel something is wrong with doing it? is this the case? if so, what else would you like to discuss?

>Europeans getting offended at patriotism.

Not surprising. You're literally destroying your own fucking countries because you feel so fucking guilty for being white.

It's common in elementary and middle schools. Not so much in high schools.

> muh euro boogeyman
showing your inferiority complex there

That's not true, none of them are black.

i hope thats pasta

>recite pledge of allegiance
>lol what a sheep
>don't recite
>fucking edgelord

wat do

what about sandy hook

We had to do it every morning at the start of the second class.

You have to do it throughout all of your school years and I was a little edgelord since it had "God" in it so I just wouldn't say that part.
Bingo.

I still think it's retarded because I was one of the most actually patriotic people I knew and teachers would still flip shit when I was too lazy to stand up and recite a speech every morning.

cool reddit post bro. tl;dr

I remember back in elementary school some kid didn't do it and later on got bullied in recess for it.

>lol what a sheep
Only an edgelord would say that to begin with

Up until about middle school for me, it was mandatory to pledge allegiance in homeroom, but in highschool, it was optional, and barely anyone actually recited it. I still put my hand over my heart during it because it felt disrespectful not to

>showing your inferiority complex there

That would require America to be inferior to Europe. Which it sure as fuck isn't.

Only edgelords call people "sheep" for being patriotic.

I remember having to do it in Middle school and Highschool after 9/11 happened.

DUDE, AMERICANS ARE SO BRAINWASHED FOR EXPRESSING PATRIOTISM AND ENCOURAGING CHILDREN TO DO SO, LMAO, NOT LIKE US ENLIGHTENED EUROPEANS
*pays TV License fee*
*denies the importance of a country having a Constitution or a Bill of Rights*
*gets put in jail for questioning the benefits of "diversity"*
*gets beheaded by a missionary of the Religion of Peace*

reminder

Schools do what they want anyway.
I wouldn't do it, in retrospect because I was being edgy, and I was always getting detentions and shit for it.
I'd be like, 'Well, that's illegal' and they'd be like, 'Not here, in this school we love our country'

how is it living with those terrorists over there

I remember the school bullies would watch the other kids and if anyone didn't recite it perfectly they got bullied and ostracized for it.

>wat do
sheep talk

that HAS to be proxyposting right??

Good old days.

All the anti-bullying shit and pussification is going to ruin this country.

Do Americans say the pledge when they stand up to wipe?

Meanwhile, in European schools.

lmao america gets criticised and you go full anti-euro mode

you guys must feel really inadequate

I did during elementary school, but 9/11 was a thing at the time so it kind of made sense. It also wasn't as if they forced you by law, it was optional. Foreigners claiming that it's some kind of brainwashing is silly, it was not that big of a deal and is ridiculously exaggerated.

Because it's always euros who are constantly trying to proclaim their superiority.

>It also wasn't as if they forced you by law, it was optional.
Yeah but not doing it would cause you to lose friends and people would look at you like you had a disease.
Plus the teacher would call you out and humiliate you for it while everyone is quiet and staring at you.

Jews start them young so that by the time their older they'll be subservient cucks.

If it was during 9/11 then yeah, but that's because it was during 9/11. During middle school and high school I remember nobody giving a shit and it wasn't a thing anymore.

That wouldn't happen at all. No one cared.

>meanwhile in Europe waving your country's flag is considered racist

never happened

do americans really have to study american history in school?

I thought this was a meme until I learned that yuropoors find small talk rude

Everyone would think you are weirdo edgelord though.
Which anyone who doesn't do it probably is.

Not inherently. People won't look at you twice if you're waving the flag for a reason, like going to a football match or something.

If you're not going to a match though, there's a 90% chance that any person carrying a flag is some form of racist edgelord faggot. They're basically the only people who even care about flags here.

Well that part's true.

why does that woman shake her head like that

The Great Debate.

What's scary is that in 6th grade, our teacher read us a Red-Dawnesque story about how the commies got us to reject the pledge through "logic".

In the story, a nice lady came to the children, and asked them if they knew what it meant, if they thought it was silly, etc

Basically, anyone who tries to get you to reasonably question to what and whom you're pledging your allegiance to blindly, is a commie.

This was in 2003

Why is Donald Trump still pretending to be human?

holy shit you got a response but do you realize you may have gotten $.05 from your post but you sound like an idiot and influenced no one?

>mudslime asks to imprison german who makes fun of mudslime king

>diversity loving queen of europe, lord of the cucks angela merkel hands him over to be raped and beaten in mudslime jail for years for making a joke

Why do germans allow this?

I wish we could go to war with germany again.

you can get .05 a shitpost for hillary? where do I sign up. I have a shitpost per minute (spi) of 53 I could make a fortune off this election.

This sounds like a true and believable story

We had to in elementary school and in middle school, but not high school. You don't really realize it's weird til you're older or for some people never. They condition you while you're young.

I don't think it's too huge of an issue, but it does make me wonder if it somewhat causes people to be less critical of their country.

how fat and ugly are you?

>over 50 women lied about something that happened in a crowded public square and no one was able to prove them wrong

Must have been those white supremacists alt-right planting another conspiracy in the media though right? Everyone knows only white men rape

seconding this request

you can't get money because you really have nothing to offer. you are that dumb. don't listen to your mother. you are dumb and worthless.

I know it happened but the quotes and wording sound like complete bullshit.

I'm not the person who postedfampai I just want to know if I can make money from shitposting