How the fuck is this the highest grossing movie ever?

How the fuck is this the highest grossing movie ever?

Because it came out at the height of the 3D gimmick and had a lot of special effects

one word: James freakin Cameron

good marketing? honestly I though it was the silliest shit

why do alt-right redditors hate this movie?

from terminator and titanic and aliens

yeah, how could he fuck that up?

Not an argument

Technically it's not. Adjusted for inflation, Gone With the Wind is.

2 years in the media, like titanic, also star wars rip off.

Anyone who uses the term alt-right as any sort of accusation is a fucking moron, I've found.
The left are trying to frame an Internet boogeyman, "Pepe" being the only face they can identify as a racist.

>Cameron fags BTFO

Orgasm ponytails.
Who wouldn't want an otgasm ponytail?

How many butthurt haters can one website produce? Clearly quite a few.

>literally using a 7 year old argument
no seriously, you lost, and it still looks pathetic

it wasn't awful. it was summer 2009. millenials were coming back from college and hanging out with their high school friends and they wanted to go see a movie. chinese were rich, brazilians were rich, american boomers werent tapped out yet and they gave their millenial kids money for the movies.

Bestiality the Movie

Recently watched it again in 3d. You have a fantasy nature that's spectacular, an air combat between technology and the "noble savage," and Big McLargeHuge being a ridiculous over the top villain. It's just fun user.
That, or I'm just a sucker for 3d movies with riding dragons, considering I just watch How To Train Your Dragon recently too.

does the 3D ticket prices inflate the box office?

like where I live the price was like $10 extra

How does the argument's age affect anything? What was true 7 years ago is still true now.

stay mad ;^)

I know it's hated to hell and back, and I know it has a simple as fuck story and questionable acting from some involved, but I still enjoy it.

I just like the atmosphere of it, the world and the action. Lang is a fun bad guy as well.

Came out in winter autist

Good point. But its no way near as fraudulent as the Force Awakens box office win.

Was there ever a movie that made so much and left so little impact?

It doesn't have any memorable lines, characters or sequences.

It has had little influence on movies made after it, beyond the (now dying) fad of 3D which was a blatant cashgrab.

Pop culture in general has completely forgotten about it.

China banned the 2d version

This. In that regard it was more Star Wars than Star Wars.

except when it isn't you fuckin herb

Because it was more of an experience than a good story. Kind of like if flying into space was worth 10 bucks and available everywhere and everybody else were talking about it. That being said I was edgy at the time and didn't want to be a sheeple who pays for a Pocahontas ripoff so I've never saw it in theaters.

kek you got me.

>Using millenia old memetic devices for non-verbal communication
>being right
Literally pick one.

>bad guy

>highest grossing movie ever

Star Wars Episode 7 bumped it to second place m8.

White guilt.

Not to expose myself as /new/, but I saw Avatar before I came here, and I really did not like it at all.

This is coming from someone raised on James Cameron movies. T1 was probably my favorite movie as a kid. T2, Aliens, True Lies, hell even Titanic. That shit was my fucking jam. I honestly was super-hyped for Cameron's return to Sci-Fi when Avatar was first released.

You let me down, Jimmy. You really let me down.

Not globally

If you rewatch those movies you'll probably find they're just as bad

>only 2 of the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time in the united states adjusted for inflation
PATHETIC

I have, and no, they are not.

ah, well they are.

No, they're not.

lol
all four of the movies you listed are genuinely terrible

the sound of music > the ten commandments > gone with the wind > jaws > snow white > star wars > et > titanic > avatar

never seen dr zhivago

>so little impact
>dying fad
>implying 3D isn't being forced onto literally every single major studio production now
>implying even if it is dying influencing movie releases for a decade isn't a massive impact
>implying you're not just being petty and selective on what "counts" and what doesn't

Name a movie that had more impact on the industry. Other than The Dark Knight there's nothing.

So what's going to be the next big gimmick that claims the highest grossing spot. Avatar's was special effects and 3D I can't imagine what could be next.

better special effects probably

Aliens was a fuckup anyway

>lol
>all four of the movies you listed are genuinely terrible

I dunno but it's good eh !?

>I enjoy james cameron sci-fi action films
>I love those incredible special effects coupled with mediocre stories, they're simply captivating
better a fedora-tipper than a pleb

You're using the term left in the same way though.

>better a fedora-tipper than a pleb
Only in your basement.

Zhivago is the best of the bunch, maybe on equal footing with The Ten Commandments. You should watch it user, it'a great.

Neytiri

>blatant cashgrab
How? 3D was fucking nowhere at the time

>>I love those incredible special effects coupled with mediocre stories, they're simply captivating

Could you be any more euphoric?

it basically invented 3D

How fuck do you think?

Daily reminder doubters and haters got blown out.

i can never tell whether guys who wear those kinds of shirts do it sincerely or as a self-deprecating thing