Why is this show so... comfy?

Why is this show so... comfy?

Is it because of the seemingly low budget compared to other shows such as House MD, or the characters? Or nostalgia for the early 2000s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cTVpoT82toY
youtube.com/watch?v=MasJtEJTOJk
youtu.be/6eHmXgxbaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=FdPCQsdlVt4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know, but I thought it was brilliant that a show so funny could have a lot of very sad moments.

its fucking shit kill you're self

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
P
E
D

It's really bad.

i always watch only the first half of each episode. the second half is always "muh feelings" and other teen drama quotes and bullshit.

Waste of a good hairline.

it's good if you're in your teens
then you realize it's shit (or still be blinded by nostalgia)

>shot like a /film/
>no laugh track
>borderline racist humour
>10/10 soundtrack
>interesting three dimensional characters that grow immensely from series to series
It's objectively the best sitcom.

The first few seasons were good then it just got worse and worse until all that was left was the remnants of something that used to be enjoyable.

>no laugh track
This is enough even for haters to give this show a pass

lol, that german angst

how does it fell to have an uncut and smelly dick?

TELL ME ABOUT COX
Where does he think we are?

fuck fuck FUCK is there no getting away from this? I'm starting to think that hollywood is controlled by jewish people...

> hollywood is controlled by jewish people...
nah

It wasn't even that good, I only liked it when I was 13 and I felt mature for getting to watch the same show my mom was watching at night.

Sitcoms with forced drama and introspection shit make me want to kill myself, that's why out of all these shows literally the only one I still like as much as I did when I was 4 years old is Seinfeld.

I've been told by some doctor friends that other than the zany stuff, this show is the closest to real life in portraying the doctor experience. My uncle doctor refuses to watch this show, said he watched a few times and he already gets the hard stuff at work.

>how does it fell to have an uncut and smelly dick?
Wait, having a cut dick (a literal deformation) is considered good now?

>Sitcoms with forced drama and introspection shit make me want to kill myself

here's hoping you watch enough of them

Nah. It isnt racist.

it was tolerable until season 7 then it dove off the deep end

The finale is goat though

youtube.com/watch?v=cTVpoT82toY

5 years ago

Great show. Recommend the first 5 or so seasons to everyone that's interested in a good easy comedy to watch. The first season is good but a little bit different in tone than the following seasons, a little bit more zany and a more pathetic J.D. so if it feels weird I would start with season 2.

Sad that they kept trying to keep it alive for several seasons after it was clear it should end and ruined the legacy of what would have been a goat comedy otherwise.

>tfw no Elliot gf

Season 6 was the tipping point

Havent rewatched the show in years but i agree.

Shame it went on about 3 years too long but at least we got as much as we possibly could.

No show came close to scrubs, still hasnt.

its like the 2000's version of mashed

For me S4 was when it got so bad I couldnt watch it anymore. The characters were just too flanderized.

>flanderized
this was the exact moment

youtube.com/watch?v=MasJtEJTOJk

Except season 8 was fantastic. In humor and feels.

Obviously no one is counting season 9, since it was supposed to be a spin off, but they ended up just calling it scrubs.

No it was because this:

>House
Wilson and House make bets of hundreds of dollars for fun
House can impulse buy a motorcycle
House and Wilson once literally roll cigars out of hundred dollar bills and smoke them
House and Wilson get prime tickets to sporting events frequently
They're loaded

>Scrubs
JD buys land and lives in a tent there because he can't buy a house
Elliot lives in a moving truck because she loses her apartment when her parents cut her o ff
Carla is Mexican Puerto Rican
They're all poor

We were little kids when this show was on so we have nostalgia for that time. Now we're adults and we see it for what it was: liberal SJW propaganda

fuck now i need to rewatch this show but i know if off by heart and ive seen it like 20+ times

>They're all poor
Thats good though.

I dont know why wanks want shows about rich retards like House where the whole show is completely off the wall insanely implausable

Also

>muh lupus

its the only hospital show ive ever watched

its got a number of characters who are really likable, like probably about 5

thats a huge number for any show

and then combine that with the music and the feels, its a real dopamine trigger this show

>Calls out the broken american medical system
>SJW
>???
Its not sjw is it?

This is the only one to NAIL the characters

youtu.be/6eHmXgxbaeI

it's not good or bad it's the answer to OP's question

OP asks why the show evokes a feeling of comfort when he watches it. The answer is because the poverty of the characters is relatable. Neither is intrinsically better for the show. House was always more of a spectacle and it makes sense for department heads to be making good salaries, but the characters are obviously going to be harder to relate to when you create a spectacle.

i think its down to the early 2000's single digital/film camera 'fuzzyness'

SG1 had it

DS9 and TNG had it in the 90s

i think thats it

This scene for example in scrubs

youtube.com/watch?v=FdPCQsdlVt4

>Soft colors
>Fuzzyness
>Cute yet inappropriate writing
The show has depth as well.

I dunno i really cant explain why its so good it just is?

Would love a concrete answer why 90s to mid 2000s tv shows make us feel like this

>Zach Braff and his troupe of B-list actors control Hollywood
Ok

>what are nostalgia goggles

but I agree I love this show

It also pioneered 'cutaway gags' that family guy ran into the ground and no other show used it as well as scrubs
It literally looks like nostalgia its just that pre HD 'fuzzyness'