Game of Thrones is better than The Lord of the Rings

>Game of Thrones is better than The Lord of the Rings

Prove to me that i'm wrong.

the more she drank the more she shat

They have barely anything in common. Only actual retards compare the two.

obviousbait.jpeg

Prove to me that OP isn't retarded.

True... however

You are absolutely correct.
Next thread please.

>lotr
>sophsticated pretend mythology with 10,000 years of well written and cross checked history

>got
>shock value crap written in a few years by a guy who used to write sleazy "erotica"

Nigga you've gone full Feanor.

They're both highly popular and well known fantasy series
Those are pretty fucking rare, fantasy isn't all that big in a pop sense

got is not a fantasy series. It's a soap opera for men.

>for men

No Dwarves.

And no, Tyrion doesn't count.

LOTR = universe based on human mythology

GOT = dude war of the roses LMAO

You're right. I apologize.

It's just a soap opera.

There are fantasy elements though. Although LoTR and GoT have their differences it is not so wrong to compare the two.

Magic, dragons, fantasy creatures, and races, and so on.

lotr = lindt

got = hersheys dog shit

Writing is way better in LOTR. Fat fuck martin created too many characters and its become a bit of a clusterfuck, season 1 of GOT is GOAT tho.

But you're right user.

Game Of Thrones
>Main characters are played by terrible young actors, while the side characters are played by good actors and are much more intriguing
>Said side characters are killed off because GoT is built around shitty out of nowhere deaths that wind up having ZERO repercussions for the characters involved most of time (Doran, Trystane, Roose)
>GoT has 6-7 filler episodes per season because they have to save their budget for the big battles (which are nowhere near as good as LOTR battles)
>LOTR actually has many good interesting characters while GoT has very few and the few that they have get killed off (Tywin, Stannis)
>Game Of Thrones has garbage writing/dialogue throughout and I find myself cringing at some lines
>Fake out deaths used as cliffhangers.... The books and the show do this all the time (Arya getting stabbed and then becomes a ninja the very next episode!!!! Ridiculous!!!!)
Do I need to go on? LOTR is a superior piece of literature and the movies are way better than Game Of Thrones. Game Of Thrones is a television show on that is barely above TWD and may only be above it because it has such high production values for a show and that is impressive, the writing is on par with TWD (post season 3).

>hurr durr what is Aragorn's economic policy

economics gurrm brings up in the books:
>how does debt work 101
>war is expensive

Made me reply

>>Game Of Thrones has garbage writing/dialogue throughout and I find myself cringing at some lines
What, you didn't like the trial of that midget guy?

You are right

The greatest "white" author tbqh

You mean the part where Dinklage showcased how weak his acting skills are?

FAT PINK MAST

Fuck off.

>GoT has 6-7 filler episodes per season because they have to save their budget for the big battles (which are nowhere near as good as LOTR battles)
That right there pisses me off the most. The first couple of seasons were good about spreading the plot across the entire season, but all of the rest have consisted of +80% talking about what needs to be done with the rest being ~15% buildup to what needs to be done and 5% watching the main characters ham-fist their way through what needs to be done only to be saved at the last moment by a deus ex from one of the more interesting side characters that will get killed randomly next season.

\
Laughed

Lotr Comfy threads can be found on Cred Forums Cred Forums and /lit/ which speaks volumes about its quality

Game of Thrones(the books anyway) have a greater sense of realism, the characters in the book generally act how people fighting over power would. It also doesn't adhere to the classic "bad guy gets what coming to him" trope and this is refreshing considering how well it was pulled off. LOTR(again the books) is just a literary masterpiece both in use of prose and world/character building. But to compare 3 movies to a TV show which tries to adapt a story that almost can't be told outside the books is pretty retarded

I don't know its name.

I've sat through the first four seasons of GoT and gave up. It's the tv equivalent of clickbait.

You won't believe which character gets killed off! The one you never saw coming!

They made her an orphan, now look which girl is out for vengeance! The answer will shock you!

Which character just gave the best comeback in Westeros history? I could hardly pick my jaw up off the unvaccuumed ground.

It's pandering. Wanky. Forced. Pandering.

Like it all you want, I don't judge, but comparing it to LotR is like saying Galaxy Quest V Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, which is better?

What the fuck did I just read?
And can anyone give me context on the second one? Because it's like a fever dream.

never heard of galaxy quest, but looking at the pics on google it looks more like a star trek parody

And GoT is more a King Arthur parody than LotR, so it fits.

Lord of the Rings has nothing to do with modern times. It was written relative to the Great War era. Game of Thrones has septs exploding. QED

Thrones tries too much sometimes with its tone.

Yeah I get it, everyone rapes and kills.

The series tries too much to show the futility and warring nations when LotR's does it much better in much simpler scenes.

>The series tries too much to show the futility and warring nations when LotR's does it much better in much simpler scenes.
this
lotr belongs to the epic genre. in themselves the single scenes are quite simple, but they are loaded with meaning

/thread

Daily reminder that Feanor did little wrong and it was all mostly Mandos's fault.