What is the best Shakespeare adaptation of Cred Forums?

What is the best Shakespeare adaptation of Cred Forums?

Tell me what the Shakespeare kino is.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8133615.stm
youtube.com/watch?v=eG5gqA6cxBM
youtube.com/watch?v=Hjx_ihCkA38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There was that one King Lear movie starring Ian McKellen. Also I heard that the most recent Macbeth movie was pretty good.
There are also movies starring and/or directed by Kenneth Brannagh. And for those who want to see different twist on the story there are Kurosawa's versions.

Spartacus is modern day Shakespeare, erm... minus lots of the faggy love shit.

When you compare empty, boring shows like the Wire and the Sopranos to Hamlet, for example, you see just how shit post-modern society is, with it's drama-less bores.

My personal favorite is Chimes at Midnight.

William Shakespeare could not, unaided, have produced the immortal writings bearing his name.

He did not possess the necessary literary culture, for the town of Stratford where he was reared contained no school capable of imparting the higher forms of learning reflected in the writings ascribed to him. His parents were illiterate, and in his early life he evinced a total disregard for study. There are in existence but six known examples of Shakspere's handwriting. All are signatures, and three of them are in his will. The scrawling, uncertain method of their execution stamps Shakspere as unfamiliar with the use of a pen, and it is obvious either that he copied a signature prepared for him or that his hand was guided while he wrote. No autograph manuscripts of the "Shakespearian" plays or sonnets have been discovered, nor is there even a tradition concerning them other than the fantastic and impossible statement appearing in the foreword of the Great Folio.

Shakspere's daughters were illiterate. His daughter Judith, at the age of 27, could not even sign her name.

If this guy wrote the plays bearing his name how would he have permitted his own daughter to reach womanhood and marry without being able to read one line of the writings that made her father wealthy and locally famous? It makes no sense.

Macbeth 2015 was really good

Not enough will ever be known about Shakespeare to make any definitive statement one way or the other so it's probably a good idea to just let history be history and not completely rewrite it because you feel like it.

Roland, did you get lost?

Coriolanus by Ralph Phines is great.

Also, this.

What's your favorite Shakespeare play, Cred Forums?

The Tempest or Macbeth.

yes I'm aware that Macbeth is the pleb work but I still love it and want to nail Lady Macbeth

I liked Ran better.

That image is incredibly triggering, considering Shakespeare stole material from a person of color to raise his status

Warm Bodies

This. Welles killed it.

Not only that but he stole it from a WOMAN of color!

Comedy of errors or taming of the shrew

The Macbeth movie set in soviet Russia

Shakespeare loved cuckolds - many of his characters suspected they had become one.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8133615.stm

Throne Of Blood
Ran
Kozintsev's adaptations of Hamlet and King Lear
Olivier's adaptation of Hamlet
Polanski's adaptation of Macbeth

Enjoy it while you can retards. /film/ is coming

Yeah but a cuckold back in his day and even like 50 years ago(king and I) meant a guy where his wife cheated on him.

Henry v with Branagh
Richard III with magneto and
Caesar with brando

King Lear

> /film/ is coming
Keep fucking dreaming.

How many drama kids here got so sick of doing Shakespeare plays and monologues?

I did, I didn't like Shakespeare at first, but later I gained a new appreciation for Shakespeare considering how much he's influenced art and culture.

Richard Loncraine's Richard III.

this and welles macbeth is far better than the latest hollywood one. i thought welles othello had great cinematography but i didnt enjoy the pacing.

my other favs are shakespeare: the animated tales and i really love laurence olivier's hamlet and henry v.

animated richard iii
youtube.com/watch?v=eG5gqA6cxBM

olivier's hamlet:
youtube.com/watch?v=Hjx_ihCkA38

Hamlet

A true villain.
A likable villain.
A seductive villain who can sway a beautiful woman just with his words while carrying hideous a hump on his back.
NEET's take note on what to aspire to.

Branagh's hamlet is great but it's like 3.5 hours long.

Baz Luhrmann's Romeo+Juliet

>thinking Billy Shakes actually wrote all those plays

ISHYGDDT

>Shakespeare
>pic of some cum skin

excuse me?

So even Shakespeare got invested with a lame meme that nobody cares about. Just fucking nuke this board.

F-for you

t. Dan Brown

Woah, calm down, Shaw.

Timon of Athens

Bela Tarr's Macbeth, Kurosawa's Throne of Blood, or Godard's King Lear

Modern Shakespeare films are always best when the director uses the text to create his own art, focusing on new, unexplored aspects of the plays. You can do so much with them, just like Shakespeare did with the writings and stories he based most of his plays on.

Sons of Anarchy

>olivier's hamlet:
That ghost is creepy as fuck.

What about Romeo + Julliet?

The best Luhrmann film, still pretty much a straight adaptation of the source material, not going for any new themes or anything but it's good enough. Definitely good at modernizing the story

Macbeth (2015), Fassbender killed it.

Kenneth's Henry V is still my favourite. The long take after the Battle of Agincourt is my favourite scene from any film ever.

Macbeth, tbqh.

Othello

>I am Scotland

Midsummer Night's Dream.

This was stellar.

For some reason I almost actually listened to Cred Forums and believed that it was "capeshit Macbeth" or dumbed down "summer blockbuster Macbeth" but that was just the one shitty trailer. Great film with great visuals and performances. Some people might be turned off because it focused on Macbeth and the PTSD angle rather than Lady Macbeth like most adaptations do but I thought that was pretty original.

My only real problem is Fassbender insisted on doing that throaty mumble growl voice that all actors do now and that coupled with the Shakespearean English made some of his dialogue tough to decipher.

Plebs

The Kion Ling.

WE