What's your favorite scene from the Wire, Cred Forums?

What's your favorite scene from the Wire, Cred Forums?

This is mine

youtube.com/watch?v=jHuCn34NMl8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lvTTt_VvffQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9EpLpy6pmJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=PwuckTkE7T4
youtube.com/watch?v=wT3J7-ZSaXw
youtube.com/watch?v=FNEDJPeoHZo
youtube.com/watch?v=pVvUTogRHBs
youtube.com/watch?v=eCNLiHmEUxA
youtube.com/watch?v=_yncfY_hrX0
youtube.com/watch?v=MxsiZjHO7SA
youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck.

Cutty's "The game ain't in me no more" scene. Cutty quickly became my favourite character in the show, which is weird because I started liking him because I thought he was going to be an absolute badass and he totally went against that.

I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.

Lol it's not supposed to be "deep". It's a procedural crime drama that was incredibly topical for its time, and a good one.

HBO throws in some shit to humanize the characters, and to me the conversation about the chess pieces seemed natural. I also think it's the first time D really starts thinking about how "disposable" the game sees him and his hoppers.

you can kinda see this same realization in D's eyes when he's getting choked

Criticizing the Wire is like criticizing Robert Frost; just because drunk, boring slobs like it, doesn't mean it's objectively bad.

tryingtoohard/10

youtube.com/watch?v=lvTTt_VvffQ

fuck!

>hung himself
*hanged

youtube.com/watch?v=9EpLpy6pmJ0

Poor son of a bitch

youtube.com/watch?v=PwuckTkE7T4

better cutty scene
youtube.com/watch?v=wT3J7-ZSaXw

youtube.com/watch?v=FNEDJPeoHZo

youtube.com/watch?v=pVvUTogRHBs

youtube.com/watch?v=eCNLiHmEUxA

Daniels was the police Baltimore deserved

youtube.com/watch?v=_yncfY_hrX0

I was never a fan of him

youtube.com/watch?v=MxsiZjHO7SA

this.

snake eyes
n
a
k
e

e
y
e
s

when Spiros and Nick Sobotka are overlooking a kids field hockey game and Spiros says, "Why don't they use their feet?"

also in the final season when McNulty says to Lester, "We must kill again!"

both crack me up.

da one where dey be playin chess. shit so deep

both of the

>well, get on with it motherfuc-

I watched S1 about 5 years ago. Can I jump right into S2, or do I need to re-watch S1 first so it's fresh in my memory?

As a Baltimoron, I can say that Elba and West did have pretty good accents

> fuck

Everything about the docks in the last four or five episodes if season 2 is just tragedy piling on top of tragedy and I love it.
>You're more like me then you know. You're a Sobotka!
And Nick going to his parents house after it's raided, the look of disgust in their faces.
Ziggy going postal too, didn't expect to be so enraptured by it.
>I FEEL ALRIGHT
Can someone tell me why Spiros was so willing to let Nick be a part of their operation? That was too deep for me.

you know they threw those in there because they have the worst accents in the show right? it's a troll copypasta. idris does a standard black thug accent with no hint of baltimore and dominic west breaks several times

Slim Charles is the best and if you disagree with that statement you are wrong and should leave

you're asking us about your personal fucking memory??? kinda not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you? jeez, the dunces you meet on Cred Forums never ceases to amaze me.

Well Satan, the only character with an authentic Baltimore accent was Lt. Mello and that's because he was the real life Jay Landsman with the BPD

>Can someone tell me why Spiros was so willing to let Nick be a part of their operation?

For starters, it probably has to do with the foundation of the relationship with the Greek and Spiros. The Greek trusts Spiros to run the operations of their organization as the front man, the guy on the street. Also the two are very comfortable with each other. This implies that their relationship goes way back, as the Greek has a high amount of respect and trust for Spiros. He probably found the kid on the streets of some Eastern European ghetto and took him under his wing. The Greek also mentions that Spiros should have had children, the implication being Spiros sees Nick as the son he never had. So I see that as Spiros returning what the Greek gave him. One day he possibly sees himself in the Greeks spot, with Nick in his, running the day to day of the organization or whatever, running the street end of things in Baltimore.

It's probably way simpler than that though, Spiros probably just liked what he saw in Nick.

Bubbles boy.

Slim is one of my favorite characters. Probably my favorite from the street life. Other than him, Spiros and the Greek round out my favorites.

I watched the show all the way through for the third time. Nick Sobotka is the greatest character Simon created.

that's not true there's loads of characters with local baltimore accents like snoop, prop joe, dookie and all the extras

Rank the finale montages:

2>4>1>3>5

Yeah it sounds like you're right on with that. Looking back it's heavily implied that Spiros has certain paternal feelings for Nick.

One of my favorite season 2 scenes is one of the first meetings between the Sobotkas and Spiros. Ziggy makes an ass of himself and they tell him to go away, so Ziggy goes to the bar where the Greek if sitting and bumps into him. The look the Greek gives him is fucking hilarious

>be me
>watch the first 3 episodes of the wire
>oh shit, court proceedings
>this show is going to be really interesting
>I love law and order and The West Wing
>get to the hood
>aw fuck are we in for some hollywood ghetto action shit
>D'angelo starts teaching the little ones how to play chess
>realize the crazy allegorical implications of the chess pieces and the gang organization
>realize this show is deep and patrician as fuck
>watch the rest of the series in the next 3 days

omar comin'

>people are still replying to this pasta
c'mon niggas

any scene where that black guy says SHEEEIIITTT

Omar.

Marlo is a prick

robert frost is bad, the wire is not

Yeah that was a great scene, I love how the Greek looks at him and slides his cigarettes and shit away from Ziggy, closer to him. That diner looked maximum comfy. I just wanted to set at the bar smoking cigarettes, drinking coffee, occasionally nibbling on a nice sandwich.

For some reason I felt bad for the Greek in that scene where he and Spiros are at the airport, and the Greek realizes he's left those beads of his behind. But then I realized they held probably no value to him at all, least of all sentimental. Maybe an object like that had held that in his eyes at one time, but not any more, not those beads. No attachments to anything material.

I thought the way season 1 handled the Barskdale organization was great, but the Greek and his outfit was brilliant.

Yeah Avon was great too. Didn't get mad. He was a true OG

Yeah, the idea of the Greek was essentially what Avon Barkadale was in the first three episodes (no criminal record, bit even a photograph, very mysterious in general) spread out over a while season. It was a very interesting idea and I'm glad they flushed it out now.

I don't want to fling shit in a Wire thread but I was very disappointed by how season 3 turned out. The story itself was brilliant but on a rewatch, I noticed that every single episode had a violent, bloody gunfight. Every one. That would have been unheard of in the first two seasons. I suspect Simon was told by the execs that he had to ramp up the violence.

The one in season 5 when Beadie explains to McNulty the difference between friends and family and McNulty confesses to faking the serial killer case

The co-op scenes were great too, Stringer is my favorite character for being such a professiona businessl, even though he's somewhat naive, considering Shiiit Davis cons his ghetto ass

*not even a photograph

youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo

Clay was the realest nigga in the game