We live in a world where a cartoon episode about the suicide squad is better than the film

>we live in a world where a cartoon episode about the suicide squad is better than the film
Why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TjAFbEP0wK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To be fair, the DCAU is better than virtually everything else superhero related - aside from a select few masterpiece capecomics.

That being said, the last few DCAU movies have been pretty shitty with the Killing Joke being a culmination of years of decline in quality of writing, animation, etc.

Still, Mask of the Phantasm is perhaps the best superhero movie ever made with the first two Raimi Spider-Man films being the only real competition

because the show was made for kids, and while it can be clever, it isn't trying to force characters on us. Also, the characters in the show act more serious on a regular basis than the characters in the movie. It's short and it's sweet, and most of Timm's work has a message behind it.

Because it's a cartoon. Superheroes work way better drawn than in live action because that's the way they were created.

>That being said, the last few DCAU movies have been pretty shitty with the Killing Joke being a culmination of years of decline in quality of writing, animation, etc.
That's mostly because they're doing straight adaptations instead of very loose ones like Mask or original stories like Return of the Joker. But yeah, shitty animation doesn't help either.

I wouldn't say that, it's not really about the visuals. It's the story, the episode hits the ground running, is about an infiltration rather than saving the world and the bad guys are actual bad guys, deadshot doesn't care about if plastique lives or dies just about the mission, in the film he disobeys a direct order to save someone he's know for a couple hours.

I remember the glory days when the DCAU influenced the comics (e.g. Mr. Freeze, Harley+Ivy) now it's all shitty adaptations

God Justice League was so fucking good. First one was fantastic, and they did Unlimited so perfectly.

Reminder that the DCAU ended years ago with JLU and that all of the movies they've been making since have been self-contained movies that have had NOTHING to do with the actual DCAU. They're called DC animated original movies for a reason.

That said, they really have been terrible lately. Gods and Monsters was probably their last good one.

But it is nice to see some DCAU love on Cred Forums though.

>shitty adaptations

Flashpoint is God tier

Suicide squad was a doomed concept because literally none of the squad characters had ever been in a movie before.

As suicide squad is something that only happened in the comics after they had been running so long they could fill a literal fucking stadium with side characters that were never mentioned.

Crisis on Two Earths was so fucking good it blows away ANY live action DC effort.

They should just adapt it wholesale for the live action Justice League movie.

Too bad James Woods is too old to do Owlman he was perfect.

Yes it's very good

that assault on arkham? if not assault on arkham is better

The biggest problem about SS is what people complain about all the time, it's an origin story, not just for the Squad but for Harley quinn and the Joker.

The Squad should have been something that Waller already had going for years but it was at the time more grounded, with Deadshot as one its most successful candidates in that he's the only one who has come back from the missions not maimed or driven insane, his driving force is that mission success means money set to his daughter.

James Woods won't be too old for anything till the day they put him in the fucking ground,.

Because capeshit is its best when in it is done in more flexible, stylized formats: comics and cartoons.

Live action capeshit is inherently bogged.

Yes, the idea of having t origin stories in a single movies was beyond retarded.

>I almost lost it when this bonehead set off the metal detector
>75 cents is 75 cents, I'm supposed to throw away money?

Why was Captain Boomerang so based?

Thats not assault on arkham

There are way too many things wrong with that movie to list in a single post. Probably one of the worst movies ive ever seen; pointless scenes, absurd character development and a senseless plot. Nothing to do with the "origin story" aspect. Case in point, you can go watch assault on arkham without having any knowledge of the characters and it would still be enjoyable

>capeshit is its best when in it is done in more flexible, stylized formats

This. Sometimes things should just stay 2d drawings.

That and not mangled by hollywood egos.

I get it, Deadshot isn't that well known to the general public, but what is he to them now after Suicide Squad?

Will Smith character with a gun and 'tude #541

>2D>3D

What a shock!

This. It only had a few jokes but still better humour than the film.

>Thats not assault on arkham
I'm well aware of that, AOA was ok, I feel the "task force x" episode was better though.

I honestly don't understand the love for Phantasm. I am a huge fan of BAS and the Justice League follow up. Phantasm just seemed too obvious and plain.

>tfw Waller and Batman interact ever
>tfw she calls him rich boy and Batman actually looks surprised

>Phantasm just seemed too obvious and plain.

With scenes like this I don't know how you can say that.

youtube.com/watch?v=TjAFbEP0wK4

>we live in a world where stupid comic books for nerdy 12 year olds are better than any capeshit flick of the last 20 years

Really makes Thou Thinkest

Is Batfleck the Batman Animated Series Batman we've been waiting for?

>Suicide Squad movie
>90% of the advertising is Harley Quinn and Joker

Never gonna watch it.

felt kinda bad that he died for some reason

ditko was great

The DC cartoons are better than every single film they've ever done

because they subtly humanized him throughout the movie.
this is something the DC-CU has not been able to achieve with its heroes, much less than its villains.
Maybe this is because they're trying to fit too much into each film to setup other movies, while Suicide Squad animated knew it was self-contained and could pace it's characterization accordingly.
Or maybe WB just like ruining their own movies with reshoots.

It the theme of the movie, its about batman facing the posibility of happiness, its the first time something like that is addressed.

The way he reacts to it is impressive and very well handled. He built his whole life and personality around the pain caused by his parents death, by accepting happiness he feels like he is throwing all of that away, like if all was for nothing. "You mean i could have just been a happy normal guy instead of a vigilante full of pain all this time?" There is even some guilt attached, he feels that by being happy without his parents then he is implying his parents deaths werent such a big deal.

Its about the theme, just like "under the red hood" is considered on of the best because it forced batman to deal with the consequences of his "no killing" policy.