>Ballers and the new shows are dull and have horrible ratings

Will HBO go bankrupt within 5 years?

Westworld has massive hype and early reviews are praising it to high heaven

2 good shows: the network.

And Six Feet Under, which is better than both

It looks good but I'm skeptical.

High Maintenance was absolute garbage.

This is false.

There was really nothing to Six Feet Under. It's a shell of a show.

I'm rather enjoying high maintenance. What's wrong with it?

I agree. While I enjoyed Six Feet Under, it just seemed like there wasn't much depth to it. A good show, but not great.

They are desperate so they are making a new Curb season. It will suck too

they're betting a lot on westworld.

>hbo getting btfo by a service that costs 1/10th as much

Silicon Valley has been getting better over time desu

I've not the web series yet but the first ordered episode focused more on two idiots other than The Guy.

They put all their cards on GoT and will bankrupt as soon as it ends.
Netflix killed it

It really hasn't. Started as a comedy about Silicon Valley and became a sitcom about nerds

I've been digging Vice Principals, but I read somewhere it's only running 2 seasons

that was kinda the point...it's basically a thinkpiece about life and all the drama that occurs with it...the main underlying question is whether life has meaning because we attach meaning to it or is it still pointless in the end...you have to really understand existentialism to get what it was trying to say

>show isn't shit! It's just 2deep4u

>what is westworld?

I guess we can conclude confidently that I do not.

The night of
West world
Vice principals
True detective

>massive hype
where

>the Sopranos ends
>"HBO doesn't have a flagship series anymore!"
>GoT comes along
>easily establishes itself as HBO's new flagship series
>GoT ends
>"HBO doesn't have a flagship series anymore!"
>another flagship series comes along
>repeat

>They'll never do revivals of Deadwood and Rome

>They have literally nothing to replace it

Westworld

>literally nothing
are you this bored to bait and lie?
SAD

There's a Deadwood movie in the works right?

Yeah, they've been working on a script for the past decade

>Rome was a show that supposed to be as long as GoT
>it would have transcended the entire early period of the empire if it lasted
>mfw the motherfucking Brits pulled their funding and forced HBO to end the series

>they will never revive carnivále

>GoT about to end and they have literally nothing to replace it
they'll just try to replace it with something similar just like when lost ended and all those new series sprung up trying to draw in the lost crowd who now had nothing to watch

it's gonna be shit

What the fuck is a dancing bear doing in a war trench?

Veep is still amazing. It's going to win Emmys for Catherine's doc episode.

Is it time to bring back the most based show and what helped craft modern television into the behemoth it is today?

yes

I feel like it has gone down in quality a little, but it's still a great show. And it will definitely be winning awards and continue to receive praise.

Girls obviously

Sopranos ended in 07 so what was there between 3-4 years?

Ending because Dunham is a druggie and the show's ratings are perpetually in the toilet.
The whole point of Girls was to hook hatchetwounds who were only watching for GoT. It failed.

>Rome

SHAME ON THE HOUSE OF HBO SHAME

It was not supposed to end like this...

I've been really wanting books 3-6 for years then again I fear what would happen to the fanbase if it did come back and became as bad as GOT. Speaking of a revival, could they even get everyone back? I mean, Samson's actor must be nearly dead or close with old age.

Nothing from what I recall, the Wire ended in 2008, but the ratings were never good when it was on air, and HBO was in rough shape for a few years after the Sopranos since that's when the economy crashed and everyone was cutting HBO to save money

Then Game of Thrones came on and the economy rebounded so they've been back on top since

Truly we are living in a golden age.

this is all a curse for cancelling carnivale

Yeah, it was just a movie script they had lying around that the stretched out to two seasons of television. They already filmed the whole thing.

Who excited for Westworld here?

I like that. More shows need to be preplanned.

I know nothing about it so maybe it'll suprise me.

I wish Preacher was on HBO instead of AMC and I miss Emily.

yea, i don`t think they could just start over where they left it and if they somehow managed to do that it just would be a fucking wreck. i really would like to see the other 4 seasons they planned to do, but i don`t think HBO has a time machine

S3 was supposed to take place ten years later or so they've kind of got the real time aesthetics down. Then again no idea whether Lodz's actor is still around or not or if he's even acting anymore. I could imagine they'd easily get a younger person to play him if he comes back in another body. Last I checked about Nick Stahl he was still fucked over from drugs or something and isn't really acting anymore because Locke and Key got cancelled.

Agreed about Preacher. I love what they're doing with it, really enjoyed last season, but it could be so much more.

Damn you Americans and your TV ratings.

i didn't realize it was coming out in 2 weeks, i thought it was coming out next year

they'll shit out another unwatchable season of true detective, this time without pizza latte's involvement

Tulip is dogshit and idk how to feel about Enter The Badlands because it should be at risk of sounding edgy more gore and fucked up shit happening.

I do like Cassidy and Jesse but they shouldn't have built up my waifu Emily as much.

i dropped preacher after like 5 episodes because i hated every single thing about it and tulip is a fucking awful character

it's being created by abrams and Nolan

I like Nolan but Abrams can't do shit without being a hack about it.