Imagine being a normie in the theater watching Batman v Superman and then this scene just randomly pops up...

Imagine being a normie in the theater watching Batman v Superman and then this scene just randomly pops up. How flabbergasted are you? There was practically no narrative build-up prior to the scene, no explanation during the scene, no anything. Then all of a sudden you're bombarded with flying creatures and now you're really confused. At this point you just feel like leaving the theater. Nothing makes sense. You want your money back. You want your real Batman back. You want your real Superman back; but instead you have this mess. A mess that you could have never been properly prepared for.

This is what it's like watching Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

>realize they're referencing your frat
>hoot and holler the rest of the movie

>Then all of a sudden you're bombarded with flying creatures and now you're really confused.

Normie here. I just thought it was a random nightmare and all the flying things are demons from hell or something. It didn't make much sense but I had lost interest in the film long before that part. Had a finger up my gfs ass by then.

There should not be a hole in your hand large enough to fit a finger into, go to the ER.

Scene is legit kino

reminded me of lost highway

this, it was excellent

why is there independence day ships in the background and what are the demons?

Are you asking seriously or making commentary as above like, it wasnt clear for general audiences?

I say, accept the mystery, not everything has to be understood immediately in a film, and it's ok to plant seeds for later in the arc. But more specifically it's Darkseid and his and minions. The grapefruit of the DCEU

You realize the literal defintion of "kino" is "all style no substance," right?

style is substance REEEE

Because darkseid took over earth and superman joined him because lois died.

Leaving only batman to try to free the earth while wearing all three outfits he was able to save from wayne manor.

It can be.

But if it is, it isn't kino.

>Are you asking seriously
Yeh, as serious as you can get with that movie. I saw the crashed independence day ships and wondered if it was going to have predators and terminators in it as well. Load of old shit m8.

Explain in great detail
I want comparison scenes too and lynchs thoughts on it from SAG

Thanks, Cred Forums

>Because darkseid took over earth and superman joined him because lois died.
but why? why would superman join the big bad only because his gf died?

watching this part all i could think was how much i would have preffered this movie to what i was actually watching. when the trailers for this first dropped i thought the whole point of the movie was that superman was playing god, had a bunch of nazi-esque followers worshipping him and there was going to be a group of rebels fighting against him with batman and i thought it seemed like a really cool premise. then i got another superhero movie.

Because the film is badly written.

The lengths people will go to to defend this scene are insane,

>It's totally related to the plot
Only in the most tentative way; let's not pretend that this scene was anything but an executive screen test to see how audiences and critics would react to an expanded Justice League universe.

>It's in the comix d00d
I've not read comic books since I was a child, and barely remember anything from them. For all their problems, at least the MCU normally has some kind of cohesive narrative introduction to their own fucking lore.

Was the Mad Max sequence actually created by the Flash before that bit where he comes out of Batman's computer, or did the Flash coincidentally travel into his mind to warn him about Superman at the exact same moment Batfleck was having a dream about an evil Superman?

movie is objectively shit and you have objectively shitty taste if you like it

This. If anything, it reinforces Batman's view that Superman is a dangerous, violent retard.

wasn't it confirmed that this was originally a post-credits scene but they didn't want to seem like they were copying marvel so they stuck it in the middle?

Very. Normies immediately did not know what was going on and in their frustration they blames Snyder a d the end result was a movie that is scored lower than iron man 3 by RT

Go back and watch Civil War some more Marvelcuck.

Bump

The whole dream sequence is a waste of time in this movie, being put there completely out of context. It's confusing and making the already long movie even longer.
Such is the consequence of making it as a S01E01 of JLA show, instead of a standalone movie.

this is the only good scene in the entire movie, and the high point of Snyder's career

that was an insult, btw

it's about the psychology of batman you retarded pleb

If by "normies" you mean "people who like cohesive stories without random incongruous dream sequences which have an extremely tentative connection to the plot and are reliant on unexplained lore you're supposed to have done background reading on from children's picture books", then you're correct.

>here guys a zero stakes dream scene before the zero stakes showdown begins

so you hate Lynch, Kubrick, Refn and Malick too?

>dood we want to be held by the hand and spoonfed eberyting

He probably means "people who know fuck all about comics and DC world"

Kubric movies dont require background lore to be enjoyable

>Equating "here's a completely pace-wrecking tone-clashing Mad Max scene including a guy in a Superman costume and a guy in a Batman costume" with surreal (but nonetheless complementary) sequences devised by real directors.
wew lad

So you're both admitting that DC effectively jingling its keys in your face and cooing "Here's [insertname] from the comics isn't our movie great?" trumps a good story? At least when Marvel does that shit it pretends to have stakes and tie in to the plot.

you've clearly never seen a lynch or malick movie in your life user.

I only watched the UC but I've been tempted to watch the theatrical just to see if does feel like a fever dream

Parademons, they're Darkseid's shock troops.

so you're saying when flash appeared in front of bruce, you wanted him to say his name was flash?

....even though he realized bruce didnt recognize him

>bombarded with flying creatures
Normie audiences have been used to flurries of gratuitous cgi for 20 years. If anything there needed to be tornado sized dust devils and falling meteors and erupting volcanoes in the shot.

The lengths people will go to bitch and moan about nothing. Jesus.

I'm assuming this would eventually tie in somehow if they keep it up with the DCCU. Not even Snyder is retarded enough to just throw a completely irrelevant scene in the middle of the film.

Lois? I thought it was Martha. And that's why they wanted to prevent Martha from dying so that Superman wouldn't go mad.

>Not even Snyder is retarded enough to just throw a completely irrelevant scene
Of course he is. He's more interested in individual shots than what it contributes to the narrative.
Snyder is a follower of the Unity of Defect.

I'd rather not have an unintroduced superhero shove his fucking mug in my face at all, particularly given that the movie's supposed to be about Batman's personal dilemma instead of that time the Flash goofed around with time travel.

"Martha" is even more unbelievable when you know that it's not just Batman being cautious and uncertain about the future, but a guy from the future literally told him that Superman would be evil.

Also, it's stressed that Lois is the key, but Batman displays no interest in Lois after the vision. It's almost like they came up with that scene only after they shot everything else.

I will even go a step further and say that those elements is what made the movie shit. Whoever watches it without any background knowledge will just wonder why in the fuck would anyone include such a long sequence just to show that Batman fell asleep.
Easter eggs are good if they don't require the audience to get them to enjoy the movie.

I don't read comics and I had no problem with that.
It's easy to make sense of it if you are not a retard.

I thought "Superman is now a dictator, has an army and even flying soldiers with kryptonian tech".

It was a great scene, but I'm amazed that it wasn't completely cut from the movie in favor of more of the actual plot and character development for Clark.

Plus, we already know Batman thinks Superman could become a force for evil. Why do we need a really long and specific dream sequence to show this?

I knew it was a dream but I was like why the fuck is Batman going all commando with guns on everyone.

Also, I didn't know if it was Flash or Cyborg warning Bruce at the end of the dream, but it could be anyone. The important part is the audience understanding the message.

You people are really dumb if you couldn't get that.

It's another reason why the DCCU fails at world building where MCU has so far succeeded.

They create grandiose foreshadowing which over steps and ignores the immediate problems of the plot to introduce extremely vague concepts which will remain nebulous for movies to come.

Marvel so far has kept their foreshadowing and world-building relevant to the plot at hand. It doesn't overstep it's purpose and devote entire scenes to itself. Main point: the Infinity Stones started with the tessaract. They introduced it, it's power, it became the McGuffin for two movies, and they dropped many hints before they finally confirmed it's true larger purpose. We didn't get an entire scene of Captain America fighting Thanos or his minions in his first movie which didn't explain anything. That would have confused people and made the movie worse.

We can pick apart DCCU movies to death, but the fact remains that they're failing on a fundamental storytelling level.

No. Batman is Dorothy and Superman is the Wicked Witch of the West, who transformed the Earth into its dark mirror that is Oz.

>le watch a movie with years of backstory in comics

>le he didn't spoonfeed me
>le don't even know who darkseid is

>"muh this isn't muh batmans and supes"

This. Lots of retarded Cred Forums people itt

kinda makes it moot when no one but autistic manchildren and failed normies care about the story.

im not sure if the same can be said for dc as it tends to be incoherent but at least it feels like a real movie instead of a tv series, something your dimwitted brain is only used to see

People haven't actually watched Timm's cartoons, you see. They just circlejerk Luke Skywalker Jokester because they're little shits who've played Arkham.

how can it be anyone, he literally wore red armor

who else in DC comics does that/?

>Imagine being a normie

Stopped reading there.

God, DCfags are so bitter still. Nobody with a brain likes your movies. Get over it and ask the studios to improve.

i almost fell asleep because I had no interest in the story.
I've never even almost fallen asleep during a movie, even at home.

I'm a normie and I was absolutely confused as to what the fuck was happening throughout 40% of the film.

Fuck this nubatman

I don't know and I don't care, because I don't read the comics.
That's the point. All the audience needs to know is that someone is trying to warn Bruce.

I'm not a dc fan virgin. I just happened to like BvS. The rest are dogshit except the first Batman film

do i fall into that category if i actually watched a bunch of episodes? not necessarily close to a majority, but a bunch?

BvS sucks, bro.

Cool

>DC movies director and screenwriter are so shit at assessing the importance of their work through internal structure that it requires years of reading children picture books to interpret some scenes in a toy catalog
>DC fans are so braindead yet so pretentious that they believe this to be a good thing because it does not emulate the success of DC's competitors.

why do filmmakers have to water down a movie just so people, who don't even care about the characters the movie is about, understand it

So who's to blame for this? The writers or Snyder?

It's a retarded way of communicating something bluntly to the audience that they should already have inferred, and it wrecks the crucial point of the movie in favour of introducing silly comic book bullshit.

Why would Bruce fall for the "Martha" thing when his fear of Superman is not driven by his own character, but by the fact that a time traveller from the future straight-up told him Superman would become evil? It relegates Batman to not having a change of heart, but instead being either incredibly stupid or having a selective memory.

Because a movie is not a comic book.

>water down a movie

You mean flesh out the characters and make a coherent story? I have no idea.

>years of reading children picture books to interpret some scenes
>years
Are normies this stupid? Literally takes 5 minutes of reading wiki.

>why do filmmakers have to make it so that people, who don't even care about the simultaneous media targeted at a different demographic which features characters with the same names and similar costumes but vastly disparate characterisations, motivations and histories, understand it?
fify

>just so people, who don't even care about the characters the movie is about

Writers write on the basis that their audience will care about what happens to the characters and the structure of the plot should reflect that.

The reason you're not a writer.

I shouldn't have to do research in advance of watching a man in a bat costume smacking a man with a receding hairline.

Are you this stupid? Movies literally shouldn't require you to read a wiki to understand the content.

>reading wikipedia articles on drawn cartoon characters to understand a movie
This is why the DCEU will keep struggling, they should get their head out of their ass, nobody cares if your characters come from '39, Peter Pan is from fucking 1902 and the stories with him written this year still have to have an actual structure.

Capeshit as a whole is in the worst state it's ever been.

Civil War sucked (webm related)
BvS Sucked.

X-Men: Apocalypse I enjoyed though to be honest.

>caring at all what others think of a movie
This is why you're a cuck. No meme about it.

What is so confusing about that segment?

It is obviously there for TWO reasons :

- to establish why Batman is so paranoid about Superman, he thinks Superman is a dangerous alien who can reduce the entire world to rubble if he wants to and can command fanatical obedience from those willing to join his side

- to establish a possibly future where Darkseid invaded and why this needs to be prevented

As you're watching the scene it may not be immediately clear what the purpose is of what is shown but it falls into place once future Flash appears to give some sort of warning and in the very end when Lex conveys that he's aware of an alien invasion that will soon take place.

I'm a Batman fan, not a Justice League fan, so when that and the Flash scene poped up i was "what in the God's name is this shit". No context for general audiences whatsoever.

Shhhhh let the a/v/tists shout. It's funnier than seeing them flirting

After Lois' death, broken down Superman was easily susceptible to Darkseid's influence.
"Lois is the key".
Don't listen to retarded "it's Injustice Superman" shit.

Stupid strawmanning let me lay it out again.

It's not confusing. It devotes entirely too much time to itself and distracts from the movie to tell us something we already know. We already know Batman is paranoid about Superman being too powerful and capable of God-knows-what. We already know that the aliens are coming. We don't need this overdone scene to take us out of the plot entirely.

It's bad structure. It's out of place. It's excessive.

nobody cares lmao. your stretching way too far

>Batman having a dream where he is somehow aware of both Darkseid and his army of parademons
>Flash appears for no goddamn reason to set up some future bullshit with no context at all
>Wonder Woman literally gives a power point presentation on the Justice League

Jesus Christ this movie sucked

I understood it; it's still retarded and extremely damaging for Batman as a character (and therefore the film).

>to establish why Batman is so paranoid about Superman, he thinks Superman is a dangerous alien who can reduce the entire world to rubble if he wants to
Batman literally says this several times. It's all they're been talking about for the past hour-or-so. We don't need to see a fantasy non-sequitur with no stakes to emphasise it.

>to establish a possibly future where Darkseid invaded
Batman has no idea who Darkseid is. Darkseid hasn't been established in this universe. As with most film adaptations of things, we tend to assume characters don't exist until they appear or are referred to, so it's also weird for the audience. It's not of immediate relevance to the story. Batman has general concerns about the viability of Superman as an intergalactic defender; it shouldn't be devolved to him having a bad dream about one specific guy he knows nothing about taking control of Superman in a very specific set of circumstances.

it's avant garde you faggot, holy shit

dood all movies have to follow the formula or else they suck

Did you even watch the movie?
Batman was suspicious from start. His paranoia only gets worse as the story progresses.

You talk like he was a fan of Superman and that dream made him do a 180° turn.

>Lois is the key
Batman proceeds to do fuck-all about Lois. Later, allows Superman to live AND allows Lois to blunder onto a battlefield with monster who can level entire blocks of the city with his dubstep-farts.
Totally an important and well-considered plot element, guise.

>avant-garde
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Not in a million years.

Pretty much the mentality of film illiterate/v/ermins.

I know understand feminists who desire to chop their balls off

In my mind, i think they might be planning a multiverse situation.

There's a huge difference between "I am naturally a cautious and protective individual, and am suspicious of this man" and "I know with 100% certainty that this fucker turns evil because a time-traveller literally told and showed me"

Introducing the latter as a motivation completely undermines any sort of logic or believability in having Batman do anything except kill him.

>he says after he read all the articles explaining what the scene was about

>they could introduce silly comic book shit that reduces the stakes even further. Get hype, guys!
Great.

Batman isn't "naturally" anything, man. It's like YOU don't know the character.
He is crazy and extreme.
The movie has dream sequences every now and then. Why? So we can see his mind deteriorating step by step.

>The important part is the audience understanding the message.

But how does the message impact anymore of the plot? "Lois is the key." Bruce doesn't investigate Lois Lane because of the Flash nor does Bruce rescue Lois in the warehouse. He rescues Martha instead. "Lois is the key" does nothing for the movie.

U just don't get it, Zak snydrr is a artist

Hey I never realize about the Omega symbol on the ground, what was it about

That it is the end
Classic Snyder's trademark subtle symbolism

Only an autist would leave the theater calling it a plothole instead of understanding it as a step for a future movie.

For a future movie that nobody has any interest in, it's like DC doesn't know what a movie is and that movie =/= comic book

omega sigil,its a signal for darkseids arrival

Yeah, nobody will see a Justice League movie, you are right.

I imagine you leaving the theater in 1977 and complaining that we didn't see Vader's corpse or his ship exploding.
Also:
"who want's to see another one of this shit, we didn't even learn who Luke's father is".

>nobody has any interest in
this denial, holy shit

>40posters
>105 posts
this pretty much just one or two faggots same fagging again and again.

>it's avant garde you faggot, holy shit

Well, it was a fucking mistake.

>Be Snyder
>Be able to have live action Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman in a movie for the first time in forever.
>Got the nerds in a goddamn hype coma.
>Got the normies hyped because of the 1st and 3rd trailer.
>Got the SJWs hyped to see the film to tear it a new one.
>Fucks it up by doubling down on everything that detracted from Man of Steel and throwing a giant "fuck you" to both casuals and nerds alike.
>Movie with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman doesn't clear $1 billion due to shit reviews and wom.

How do you fuck up that badly?

Terrible, and I mean terrible comparison, and this is a website known for its retarded food/shit analogies.
Star Wars had an actual structure, and they literally mined any expectations for a Justice League movie with their braindead shensnigans.

>WAAAAA I SHOULN"T know things
Do you also complain when books have allusions/historic references...jesus
>le turn off my brain

>Terrible, and I mean terrible comparison
no it isnt, quit splitting hairs

>40 persons
>37 neurotypical people with actual taste saying how shit the movie is
>3 pretentious increasingly insane comic book reading manchildren getting mad at people disliking a shit movie
>he still thinks justice league is hyped and not the general audience's last straw with Snyder
>he still thinks it will be a success
>because of 40 people in an imageboard
Imagine being this deluded

>comparing knowing about drawn cartoon characters to knowing about religious figures
>comparing comic book trivia to actual knowledge

Most comic book characters undergo complete transformations in style, design and characterisation when they're put in films. Why should I give a fuck about the comic history when the film itself should do a competent job at telling a story?

>being oblivious to a cultural icon like superman or batman whom had countless incarnations
>comparing two mediums to illuminate your degeneracy is wrong
>"Bu-bu--bu its 2 hardz for ma brainz to do a little research...i i i just want to see mindless punching lel I played arkem im tru fan"
A mentally handicapped child can interpret this fucking movie without being a cuck detached from popculture, kill yourself.

>doing mental gymnastics this badly to justify liking a bad comic book movie
>having to use buzzwords to do so
>still comparing drawn cartoon characters to religious figures
Here:

Are you seriously trying to say that that scene wasn't jarring and nonsensical in the context of the story if you recognise parademons and darkseid from the comics and cartoons?

but iron man 3 was good

I didn't say this movie was great, at least it tries to be more than the regurgitated formula.
>doing mental gymnastics
Its not mental gymnastics, I just like antagonizing "muh bandwagon" retards who's complains of the movie are worse than the movie itself.
>"he...huhe martha rite guise? I'm ahead of thhe curve xd"

>still comparing drawn cartoon characters to religious figures
Superman is as much recognizable as Jesus, not to mention he's literally a 21st manifestation of jesus (hurhur another world, powerful, self sacrifice)

You deliberately went into a movie (by a comic autist like Snyder mind you) based on comic books and complain that it had too many comic book references. Go play arkem nigger.

The references should intertwine with the story as seamlessly as possible. You're not there to see a bunch of comic book references, you're there to see a movie that should stand on its own two feet as a narrative.

Batman's power armour was a comic reference, but it made sense for him to have it at that time. Clumsy dream sequences (often cited as one of the worst storytelling devices) that clash tonally, have terrible implications for subsequent characterisation and add nothing but runtime are not a good idea.

Superman is Moses, not Jesus.

He's only Jesus in Snyder's dumb fanfiction that WB inexplicably lets him turn into feature films.

>it tries to be more than just a formula
It tries to be three movies at the same time following a predictable formula and fails at it terribly becoming a clusterfuck, no amount of symbolism and self referential bullshit changes this.
I don't need to read comic books to understand a comic book movie, it defeats the purpose of comic book movies being popular and a viable business model nowadays
The thing is you could admit people finding it shit to be perfectly valid but you need to keep defending a shit movie and chasing your own argumentation into a corner and having to use insults to say anything at all.

kek, you are fucking deluded

>Superman is Moses, not Jesus.
He was literally created by jews as a modern day jesus allegory you stupid fuck

No he wasn't
He's Archangel Gabriel

no

The only people who have the credibility to be mad at this film are comic book reading manchilds themselves.
>I don't need to read comic books to understand a comic book movie
The only infuriating thing abou normies getting mad is their frustration at not understanding some references thus they are lost in the convoluted story, than they turn their angst towards shit complaints like "it did spoonfeed me waaaaa"

You would think after Man of Steel (which needs minimal comic knowledge to understand) people would maybe delve into the backstory instead of expecting the directors and writers to pack character development and story driven battle into 2 and a half hours, you should meet them halfway, especially when its an extended universe jesus
>moses
?
>Clark
>raised by farmers
>Talks to his cosmic father sometimes
>supposed to inspire people
>sacrifice himself to show people he cares
uhmmmm
wow, an actual constructive complaint about the movie's arrangement, unlike the other cuck who keeps complaining about not being spoonfed.

>You would think after Man of Steel (which needs minimal comic knowledge to understand) people would maybe delve into the backstory

No, you would think that after a movie which needs minimal comic knowledge to understand the sequel would need minimal comic knowledge to understand

>actually having nothing to say but muh comics
Every time
Thanks for trying snyderdrone

>people would maybe delve into the backstory
The burden is on the filmmakers. If a movie is adapted from a novel and it's expection is to read the novel first, then the filmmakers didn't do its job, and worse makes the movie unnecessary.

>second movie
>three characters
>two villains
Yes I would think so.

As a rebuttal to the shit "spoonfeeding complaint" yes, you don't see me arguing against the movies arrangement and structure.
>>>>marvel

>not liking one of the only good scenes in the movie
This and the Asian lady sex slave house with batman were the only hype moments in the whole thing. The actual batman vs Superman sucked as did the doomsday fight save for batman grappling hook noping his way out of there

This 1 million %

It's not spoonfeeding, you dense motherfucker
It's about understanding that adaptations need to stand on their own, a movie does not need a bibliography, even movies that HAVE a required bibliography like Salo can still tell their story without it, why can't some toy catalogue do the same thing?

>You would think after Man of Steel (which needs minimal comic knowledge to understand) people would maybe delve into the backstory instead of expecting the directors and writers to pack character development and story driven battle into 2 and a half hours, you should meet them halfway, especially when its an extended universe jesus

Um, if Man of Steel needs minimal comic knowledge to understand, then why would I assume that I would need to brush up on my DC knowledge in order to better understand its sequel?

I feel like Snyder/WB tried to cram way too much into a single movie, edited out the wrong sequences from the Theatrical Cut, and then got justifiably shit on for their subpar product.

The usual idea of when the world ends, so do the rules we follow I guess.

it was a pretty random scene desu

Omega psi phi?

That was the "batman watches luthors home videos of other JL members" scene.

Drop Snyder

Just drop him

DC was a mistake

bait

Yep. I knew what it was about because I read comics but you could clearly notice my entire showing scratching their heads during that sequence.

Yeah I was expecting Batman to protect Lois at least once.

But really that would have been super cliche and also had no dramatic point because it was part of another plotline that doesn't need to be resolved in BvS.