I just watched the first episode and I'm not sure if it's worth continuing

I just watched the first episode and I'm not sure if it's worth continuing

I'm not a big fan of the premise of the series so far with a washed up ex tv show star type of thing,
if I wanted to watch rich people bitch about their lives I could just watch some woody allen movies

also most jokes didn't do much for me

does it get better or is this what I can expect for the rest?

It doesn't get good until near the end of the first season.

If I remember correctly I also didn't enjoy the first episode very much but was thoroughly entertained by episode 3 and onward.

Season 3 feels a bit forced but 1 and 2 are great. I recommend continuing OP.

>>>/reddit/

okay thanks, I'll give it a try then for the next few episodes

(You)

>Season 3 feels a bit forced but 1 and 2 are great
Exactly my thoughts. 1 starts slow but gets really neat and 2 ends with a real jab to the nutsack, while 3 just felt that they needed to make it REAL SAD. I hope 4 will be good. Also fuck Penny.

Escape from L.A is the highest point of the show

I only watched and liked it cuz I'm an alcoholic with crippling depressing.
I don't know why anyone who can't relate would watch the shoe?

What would you think is the lowest point?

Because you can relate to the characters beyond traits like alcoholism. It's also just pretty interesting.

Bojack Redditman

>cuz I'm an alcoholic with crippling depressing.
people here say this shit so often it's almost a meme

it's not worth watching, it's awful. don't waste your time. fucking retarded family guy tier humor.

How many episodes did you watch? The first few episodes are chock full of that shitty callback humor, but it gets better.

i watched the first two seasons and didn't bother with the third

Alright then. To each their own

So what the hell are they going to do about Wanda? They just sort of cut her out of the show and then mentioned that she was heading a production company out of nowhere. Are they bringing the character back next season or something?

>tfw every time when there's a Bojack discussion on Cred Forums it dies

Bojack's never getting her back.

I know that, but they might do something with her. I'm just wondering what exactly that will be.

I haven't watched anything this bad since father of the pride

I think this show might just be aimed at upper middle class kids who never had any real problems and think its as deep as their life even though they are not over 20

this one pays off once you get further in, it probably helps to be living in Los Angeles though.

oh yeah i forgot being an alcoholic really helps

this

the type who take drugs and complain about their parents and their rough childhood, while their parents pay their rent

Its absolute garbage,even the hipster art style is deigned to attract them

>I'm rich and famous but still sad lol

Hard to feel sympathy for a miserable asshole protagonist when you don't have the humour to back it up.

>feeling sympathy for Bojak

this show is just a meme it's not actually good, it's just for Cred Forums circle jerking.

But most of the Cred Forums circlejerk seems to hate it at this point.

>not understanding how depression works this bad

you're the type of people who think that people with depression need to quit being lazy and get over themselves

develop the ability to see other perspectives and maybe you will be able to appreciate the show better...though you are probably autistic so that may be difficult for you

the people I know who had legit depression lost 40lbs in body mass and needed medical intervention to make them eat

I enjoy the show. The whole no matter how many breaks bojack gets he still fucks it up is relatable. And if you are either in the throes of alcoholism or depression the show can strike a few nerves. I get how people can see it as a mixed bag but I find it to be on point.

stick to it fggt it gets better

all i remember is the drug fueled romp in i think ep 11. thought it was ok. filler tv for me but that ep i enjoyed

The concept of Bojack is better than the show itself. A delve into the life of a washed up star who yearns for an illusory fulfillment that he sometimes doubts even exists, set in "hollywoo" (where dreams are made) which strengthens the theme of fantasy vs reality.

The show itself is a bloated, schizophrenic mess that is half bad comedy and half melodramatic stage-play. Every dramatic moment comes down to a kind of rehearsed monologue where a character spills his guts in an overly theatrical style. The concept of subtlety eludes the creators who apparently believe the audience needs to be told exactly what to feel.

I have a feeling the creators had these very big ideas, but didn't know how to bring them to life, which is why you have the first 6 episodes of Season 1 made for the purpose setting up a kind of 'subversion' of the typical animated sitcom formula, which sounds like it could be great, but in reality you just have 6 episodes of bad comedy that are pretty universally panned as being garbage and turn a lot of people off the show.

So what would the show look like with better execution? Is there another show that does something similar but better? The main problem I had with the show was, as you said, the monologuing.

I stopped the episode 5 minutes in

omfg jesus christ

>omfg jesus christ
What? The first few episodes aren't very good and it does actually pick up quite a bit.

These people that don't use the 3 episode rule. Suck a dick fat shits.

>potentially losing out on something good due to impatience

only the first 3 episodes are good. the rest suck i couldn't even get through season 2

Season 1 and 2 do it right. Funny, running jokes, actually moves things along, and a satisfying end. Season 3 they got too full of themselves, I think because everyone I know was jerking off about how "dark" it gets.

I gave the show 6 episodes and I still want to keep trying. The whole show feels like a bunch of jokes and misdirections that fall flat. I had to shut it off during the Vietnamese Boston family episode. That was painful.

Still I want to give the show a shot because I get this weird feeling it gets better later. Also people in the thread have said so.

Push through. You've almost reached the turning point.

>ability to see other perspectives
>my sadness is special
Irony being, it seems like every person I meet who's "totes dpressed XD people dont understand" lacks that exact ability. Here is a reason to avoid the community to this show. The people who seem to "connect" with the show are often sad retards who are surprised that life isn't a movie and they aren't the star.

wtf I hate bojack now

more so

The character or the show? Either one is acceptable at that point.

Valid point.

Well, which is it?

GET THAT FETUS

KILL THAT FETUS

BRRAP BRRAP
PEW PEW

I'll say it again...

Bojack Horseman is a comedy show that people enjoy more for the drama than the comedy.

I've watched all 3 seasons and the only time I've chuckled out loud is in Season one with the drug trip scene, and it doesn't usually take much for me to laugh.

This comedy show isn't funny which is the problem, although they do the drama well.

>that part when Princess, Diane, and Aquafina are in the car making pew pew noises with finger guns
Mildly entertaining, desu ne.

So are there any animals in the Bojack-verse that aren't part human? Is there any explanation to why the human-animals exist?

it's really try-hard

I know that term is thrown around a lot but that's the only thing that comes to mind. they try really hard to be weird and transgressive and extreme

it feels like something mildly talented teenagers would make.

its the type of show reddit retards can obsess over and come up with alternative theories and look for symbolism and background hints because "actually its deeper than it looks"

Just keep running.

>season 3 is 100% on RT
Dangit

You're wrong though.

Bojack horsemen is a weak drama that, recognizing itself as weak, added shitty comedic elements in order to claim the contrast between their failed attempts at comedy and their failed attempts at as an excuse for why the drama/comedy is so weak.

the people who thought it was shit never watched the subsequent seasons so all thats left are people falling all over themselves to deep throat the horse cock.

I was jsut like you, but I powered through and after the first 6 or so episodes it gets really good. The first 5 are awful. It's like they wrote a whacky comedy to get picked up then half way through the season said fuck it, let's do our own thing. Then it turns into a really great show.

I know that doesn't instill much hope, having to watch 5+ episodes for it to get good, but it's worth it.

>although they do the drama well.

No they don't

They go out of their way to set up Bojack in contrived situations where nobody else is responsible for their actions but only Bojack is.

None of the characters behaviors are even semi-believable.

To make matters worse, the fifth episode is really obnoxious.

>They go out of their way to set up Bojack in contrived situations where nobody else is responsible for their actions but only Bojack is.
Can I get an example or two?

DUDE IM SOOOO DEPRESSED LMAO

So is The Legend of Korra it don't matter

How do my fellow Bojack Bros feel the show should end? I've seen three seasons of Bojack running in circles (his words,and I have a feeling that's because he's a horse and he idolises a race horse and the animals in the show demonstrate behaviours indicative of their species, so he runs in circles, and that's why season 3 ended with horses running free across the plains, far away from Hollywood, where he could break out of the cycle). I hope it's a happy ending. I hope he gets his shit together. I know the show is hard hitting and feels very real and raw for a lot of viewers, but I don't think it would be thematically fitting for the show to end with him just doing the same old shit over and over again. I don't think it would work if he ends up self destructing like Secretariat did.

It's shit, watched up to the second last episode of season 1 and it didn't get any better

>happy ending
I hope he dies. It's the only real way for his life to improve.

>just wait until a few episodes in, keep going until halfway through the second season, trust me by the last episode of the third season it'll pick up:The series

DUDE IM REALLY SAD EVEN THOUGH IM RICH AND FAMOUS LMAO

>its the type of show reddit retards can obsess over and come up with alternative theories and look for symbolism and background hints because "actually its deeper than it looks"

i ran into one of these types on Cred Forums once, he wrote this huge wall of bullshit about how todd is the physical manifestation of bojack's depression. it was hysterically pathetic.

there seems to be a whole bunch of retards now trying to analyze movies and tv shows, and most of the time they're reaching. kind of reminds me of all the autists who try and pick apart the shining because it apparently has the secrets of the universe in the frames

Where do all these retarded theorists come from? They don't seem attached to a particular fanbase.