Sauron is like the archetypal evil overlord. He's got massive armies of monsters...

Sauron is like the archetypal evil overlord. He's got massive armies of monsters. He has a headquarters made of volcanoes. And, he did... you know, he did all of those... things. And... And what exactly? Do tell me, because throughout the entire 2000-hour run of the Jackson trilogy, I couldn't find a single reason why everyone demonized Sauron like he was a Obama at a Tea Party rally

Because he was taken in by the Middle Earth equivalent of Lucifer and tutored by him, but instead of hating the creations of Eru (God) and wanting to destroy his creations, he instead just wanted to dominate and enslave all of creation within Middle Earth, and twist it to his own ends.

That understandably annoyed people on Middle Earth, and the various shenanigans Sauron brought upon them compelled them to act against them.

sauron was an allegory for industrialization

He ruined that human realm, Numenor I think, and before that he was already fucking shit up, but that's way before LotR.

Did you even watch the prologue, you fucking retard?

his minions tried repeatedly to kill the protagonists.

>And... And what exactly?
I don't know. Like trying to take over middle-earth and kill or enslave it's inhabitants?

Even in the movies they show orcs burning villages, making sieges and shit.

I understand the need for lotr-posting, but please, think before you make threads.

He made even more edgy posts than you

>He has a headquarters made of volcanoes. And, he did... you know, he did all of those... things. And... And what exactly?

Basically his boss got so blown the fuck out (quite literally) he took over. Lord Of The Rings is a fantasy post apocalyptic adventure.

Sauron did a whole lot of other shit before LotR.

>manipulated the downfall of the greatest human kingdom ever from the inside
>tricked the elves into helping him forge the rings so he could give them to the most powerful of them and control their wills
>smashed one of their kingdoms in rage after they wised up to his scheme
>indirectly destroyed Arnor by sending Witch-King up to a frozen, mountainous shithole and letting him do his thing, because WK is unbeatable with preptime

And that's not even half of all the grief he caused.

>You cannot hide. I see you. There is no life in the void. Only death.
What an edgelord.

>smashed one of their kingdoms in rage after they wised up to his scheme
What elven kingdom do you talk about? The one in the Mirkwood or the one near Moria?

Remember when Sauron got raped by Ar Pharazon and dragged from Mordor to Numenor while crying like a little Melkor fucboi?
Good times

The one near Moria. It was called Hollin. Sauron led a whole army there to take back the rings after Celebrimbor decided not to put on the trojan horse rings he had been duped into making. Hollin got wrecked and the army got as far as Rivendell.

I don't think he fucked too much with the forest elves apart from filling up Mirkwood with spiders.

Underrated post.

Friendly reminder that Sauron did NOTHING wrong

He just wanted some order

Why could galadriel kick Sauron's ass so easily ?

thats because the protagonists were trying to kill his minions

>post apocalyptic

oh sumbitch you're right

everything's in shambles except for the shire

only weak point of the books

this is why GRRM is spending so much time with the books villain(danny). so her invading westeros and having her horse lords, dragons, dick less followers and ironborn invetiable massacre of the common people a real " what did she mean by this" moment

shit post

Getting caught was apart of his plan. He even left the Ring in Barad-Dur.

She had a Ring of Power and he didn't.