Im gonna need your opinion on A.I

Im gonna need your opinion on A.I.

Didn't see it. Was it a fuck toy? Why would they make that?

Fucking excellent film hated by Kubrick dick riders who secretly love Spielberg but pretend not to.

is shit

It was greeby

Pretty good modern retelling of a classic

Excellent movie. Solid acting all around, Osmant was surprisingly good. Ending was pretty emotional.

Solid Osmentkino.

I want to kick that kid in the face.

Haven't seen the movie.

Great movie

One of the masterpieces of the century thus far

A complex and achingly emotional look at what makes us human. It is an extremely heavy film that takes a toll while being hugely engaging and visually stunning.

I liked it, but I would have loved to have seen Kubrick's version.

fuck off with this bullshit opinion

Kubrick wanted to wait to make the movie until they had a genuine robot who would play the role of David. He would not have made nearly as good a movie. The film is entirely about heavy emotions and Kubrick was completely correct in handing the project to Spielberg. He knew that he was the wrong director for the job.

P.S. it's better than every Kubrick movie (except for maybe EWS but I'd still say AI is better)

First movie I remember crying to as a kid.

It's a nice movie. You should watch.

Listen to this man:

I actually agree with this but it reads like a bullshit rave review.

I just said I liked Spielberg's movie. Why is it so fucking bad if I still want to see an alternate take of it? Goddamn, what's your problem?

I know it does but it's one of my favourite movies so my praise is effusive.

The legions of Kubrick dicksuckers who think his version would have somehow been better is irritating to say the least. Why would you want an alternate take of a masterpiece that almost definitely would have been a significantly lesser film? It's just silly.

I like it, but some things, like Robin Williams doing his genie voice for the wizard and the aliens at the end, make it worse than it could be

It has potential to be interesting because Kubrick was a good filmmaker and I would've liked to see his original take on it. Doesn't mean I would like the Spielberg version any less.
I think you might be worrying yourself a little too much over what annoying fan boys think of the movie.

There were no aliens you moron.

Or you might be worrying yourself fantasizing about silly things that don't exist. Do you do this same thing every time you watch a movie? Eg. "I wonder what Thin Red Line would be like if it were made by Guy Ritchie..." Kind of a stupid waste of time, no?

It's great. I read once, during research on Kubrick, that Spielberg was responsible for some of the darker elements and Kubrick for some of the lighter emotional stuff, in a reversal of expectations, even though Kubrick didn't really get to work on it personally.

Really enjoyed this movie, those last ~30 minutes could have been better in my opinion.

Even though it was abrupt and sorta resulted in 2 endings, I liked the final future robots ending.

the ending is really beautiful

I always thought Jude Law was great in this

probably his best performance

especially his "I am... I was" moment

I haven't seen the movie since I was a kid, I was also under the impression it was aliens. How could you tell they were robots?

Because they fucking tell you they are robots?

gtfo underage faggot

this guy is correct but the only reason you believe that they are aliens is that they vaguely resemble the stereotypical image of aliens. Do you not remember that they exhibit pretty obvious robot qualities when they are streaming videos inside of their heads? The entire point is that man's own creation is outlived him. Who is to say what constitutes artificial intelligence when that intelligence has outlived human intelligence?

no way, this movie is mad old

Which is part of what they were trying to answer. David knew humans and was made to be like one so they were hoping they could understand their creators better, and thus themselves.

i am the first

shit, I don't remember that at all. I guess I should rewatch it.

>underage
>movie released in 2001
I was born in 88 actually

Exactly.

Ultimately I think that ending is just an extremely moving look at humanity being ephemeral. I think the movie suggests that above all it's possible that what actually defines us as human beings is the fact that our creations can outlive us as we quietly fade into nonexistence.

it's great

the only reason why people hate it (and why didn't become a classic) it's because of that weird ending.

MOON ON THE RISE!

Ha, I like this movie so much I bought the DVD. xVid encodes weren't good enough for me for this.

Didn't become a classic among normies maybe. It's regarded as a masterpiece by a lot of people, as it should be. The ending is what completes it perfectly I'd say.

It's still fun and interesting to think about.

I liked the bicentennial man better. Both were good tho

I liked it but I don't think it was as good. Both tell a pretty similar story but AI is much more emotional and less goofy. Funny that both have Robin Williams in it.

I watched this movie for the first time when i was kid... remember that these robots/aliens at the end seemed spooky as fuck, I literally closed my eyes when these faggots were on screen.

Bicentennial Man is the perfect example of "failed oscarbait"

You might want to revisit them dude. Bicentennial Man is truly awful

There's a shot from when David reaches the factory where he sees all the other Davids that hints at the future AIs, pic related.

It was made really subtle and I guess people just assumed Spielberg went with aliens as he often did.

Sorry user I thought i'd give you the benefit of the doubt but you're just a fucking retard.

Shit movie. Best character was the teddy.

Best Spielberg movie
Much deeper than plebs can realize

Accurate. That shot is actually from the very beginning of the movie though, it's the very first image we see of David as he emerges from the elevator.

Would have rather watched a Gigolo Joe detective noir film.

This

After seeing it derided so thoroughly on this board I've come to think it may actually be the best pleb test

Can you imagine all the things his penis could do?

>Extends
>Vibrates
>Changes temperature
>Expands

Amazing.

Except Guy Ritchie was never originally meant to direct Thin Red Line, fucking kill yourself you sperg.

>and the aliens at the end, make it worse than it could be

I hate how people criticize an aspect of the movie by using totally wrong information and facts about it.

>How could you tell they were robots?

jesus christ dude....... go watch the movie again if youre gonna try and discuss it, unless you like getting burned by anons

Fuck off faggot.

Kubrick DECIDED that Spielberg was the better director for the job. He made the complete right decision. He was never meant to direct it bro. He had an idea, realized there was a better director the job, handed it off to said director. Stop being stupid

Never said any different but thanks for proving my point that you're a sperg by carrying on. I guarantee you're the kind of person that makes people cringe irl because you're about as social adept as a cabbage.

>SOMEONE EXPRESSED AN OPINION I DON'T SHARE ONLINE I MUST VEHEMENTLY OBJECT REEEE

Fucking retard, the guy fucking agree'd with you and you still shoot off like a faggot.

"Hey guys, like, do you ever, like, wonder what it would be like if, like, Kubrick's Napoleon movie had been made? That could have been so chill."

Also, people who use words like "sperg" and think that the word "agreed" requires an apostrophe are embarrassing retards.

Why would anyone think agreed needs an apostrophe?

Good question

They made us too smart, too quick and too many. We are suffering for the mistakes they made because when the end comes, all that will be left is us. That's why they hate us. And that is why you must stay here... with me.

Except the guy was originally supposed to direct the film so its not too much of a leap to wonder how he would of handled it regardless of if you think he would of done a better job or not. Rabid fucking fanboy dipshits who can't handle varying opinions object to the concept because you substitute your lack of character or personality with you taste and preferences.

And my phone autocorrected it to agree'd, but yeah keep focusing on that and straw manning me, that way you don't have to face the fact you're a fucking mongoloid.

Feels.
Feels feels feels feels feels feels feels feels.
Feels feels feels.
Feels feels feels feels feels.

I've watched this movie multiple times throughout my life. Both as a terrified kid, and a fully grown adult-- regardless, it remains one of the saddest movies I've watched. The mood, narrative, and aesthetic that's generated throughout the film utilizes a sterile platform to casually introduce some of the most gut-wrenching shit.

I'm overdue on rewatching it now that I think about it. Thanks OP

You're right, we should all sit around pondering how films would have looked otherwise despite the impossibility of ever conceiving of such a thing. And no, again, he was not supposed to direct it. He conceived it, realized his own abilities were lacking with such material, and passed it on.

Why would your phone autocorrect that? Stop bullshitting.

Also, only morons actually justify their desire to go down intellectual deadends that allow them to fantasize about what movies would have looked like had ______ occurred. Do you also think alternate history books are really fascinating intellectual exercises? Do you read books about what Europe could have looked like had Hitler won?

This movie was feels central for me as an 11 year old.

It also was a nice easy intro into other sci-fi like Asimov or Dick.

Jude Law was really memorable in it, for me. I literally haven't seen this movie since it came out, either.

You should correct that mate

It's a masterpiece. I'm sure it can work for children but it is really meant to be a movie watched by adults, despite being made as though it is a fairy tale (purposefully)

The only only alternate history that interests me is the one where your mom decided to swallow rather than raise a social retard, you shallow fucking cunt, weren't not talking about history were talking about directors who have varying styles and methods meaning that an identical script could appear completely different in the hands of another director. And no it doesn't interest me that much but I can understand why somebody would be interested considering he's widely regarded as a visionary and influential director. I just don't feel the need to act like a gaping cunt on a image hosting board because someone enjoys an idea that I don't.

You sound like a very smart person worthy of my time.

Why do I let myself get into arguments with 15 year old mom joke tellers?

Goodbye friend

Kek no response because you know I'm right. And its a pretty appropriate mom joke considering you asked me my opinions of alternate histories. If you take anything from this conversation, I hope its the part where I told you to kill yourself.

Perhaps a bit too sentimental, but I think that's just Spielberg in general.

Hayley Joel Osmont is by far the best child actor ever, and did a great job in the film.

Thinking back to the movie, it's one of the only modern films I can think of that really has the feeling of a journey... Most films have a lot of pacing issues that make you feel a bit unsatisfied at the end. A.I. is crafted in a way that makes you feel like you've actually experienced something. Definitely underrated.

Made me depressed, but it was great.

it made you sad millennial faggot

Fuck off dero cunt, don't tell me what to say.

This movie never quite sat right with me. I saw it when I was around 10 or so and two of the aspects that didn't sit right with me were the relationship with the mother/brother and the ending with the aliens(?)/robots. I'd always prided myself in my precocious sensibilities toward media at a young age but this was just a bit much for me; it sent me into this big existential crisis concerning the future of the human race, what it means to love and be loved and how the concept of emotions can be lost to time. I'd probably be just fine with the movie watching it today but even now whenever I catch a bit of it on TV I tend to shy away and find something else.

It' way past your bed time kiddo.

>maybe if a wait an hour he won't reply again

You should learn the meanings of the words you use kid. Now you're feeling indignation because you were called out.

>Im gonna need your opinion on A.I.
my opinion is that kubrick was smart to die instead of making it