I just finished the first season of X-Files, and i liked it

I just finished the first season of X-Files, and i liked it.

Does it get better on S2 and so on? Should i keep going?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/television/comments/520q8j/what_show_has_the_absolute_biggest_drop_off_in/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You should stop coming here asking people to form opinions for you. Why don't you just fucking kill yourself you fucking piece of shit?

I want opinions from people that already watched. I want to keep watching it, but i want to know first if the show gets better or not.

It gets better and it gets worse.

Form your own fucking opinion. You don't need someone to tell you if it's good or not. If you stop liking it stop watching it. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Season 2 to 5 are probably the finest point of the show. The general consensus is to endure S6 and if you're not disappointed by that point to try S7 then drop the show.

it gets better up through season 4, gets slightly worse in season 5, then rapidly declines after that

I think season 2 is better than season 1.

Also, basically this
And don't try to understand the mythos just enjoy the monster of the week shit.

thanks

Peaks within the 5th season, then the show takes more of a bent to Monster of the Week and goes into a funny holding pattern as it stagnates (not saying motw episodes are bad per se, but they start writing more and more of them proportionately and it ruins the balance of the show).
By the time Duchovny leaves in Season 8 the shows pretty much a corpse. Robert Patrick tries pretty hard but the girl he's paired with has the charisma of a rock, and Scully is wasted no longer being a skeptic or having Mulder to play off of.

Season 2 is a huge step up. The running threads really get going. I think it has the myth arc episodes.

Tell me, OP, do you think/predict they continue this story arc? Just tell me what you think.

Maybe he wants to know if it's worth getting more into before spending his own time watching the show?

Kill yourself you little faggot

But how the fuck could anyone know what he deems being worthwile you stupid kekcunt.

He watched a whole fucking season and he liked it. Why wouldn't he keep watching it until he doesn't? most of the episodes are standalone so it's not like he's going to start an arc and drop it a couple of episodes later because it's shit.

If he liked the first season, then people who also liked the first season that like the further seasons can tell him that it's probably worthwhile to continue watching. It's a pretty hard concept to grasp, but I believe in you :)

fuck off reddit

There are plenty of shows where the first season or two is good and then drop off halfway or near the end, Dexter for example. It's totally understandable to not want to waste your time on shit seasons.

Dexter is a continuing narrative and dexter was shit from the start

Haha, when I get tired I will, feeling a little sleepy :)

reddit.com/r/television/comments/520q8j/what_show_has_the_absolute_biggest_drop_off_in/
That has some good examples.

>It's a Scully goes to Africa and finds definitive proof that Aliens exist and seeded life on Earth as well as every religion, only tells one girl she met five days ago and keeps all of her notes in one place on paper instead of locking them up somewhere even though she knows the natives are thinking about lynching her. She then leaves all of her work unguarded to go into town. Then when the natives burn everything she just goes home, doesn't tell anyone and continues believing in God episode

1-7, then stop. 4-5 is probably the peak, 6 and 7 have some good eps here and there.

1+2>3>+movie>>>>>then I stopped watching

I made it the episode where they go into a video game and tapped out

You must have a lot of friends.

If you had a lot of friends you could just ask them about the rest of the X-Files.

this

Season 3 is the peak of the series, it jumps the shark in season 6 and never recovers

I just miss that time when people could form their own opinions.

>don't try to understand the mythos

i wish somebody had told me this before i started watching. i was expecting it to make sense but it seems like they just made it up as they went along. it got pretty retarded after a while with all the different alien species and shit and the fifteen different versions about what happened to samantha mulder

every season gets better and better up until about season 6, then it jumps off a cliff

>reddit
inappropes

the samantha plot line was worth it for the episode in season 7 with the walk-in spirit things

i cried like a bitch in that episode

I 100% gave up on the mytharc after the movie and focused on the MOTW.

DESU, so did the writers, I think.

They just focusing on twists and turns rather than a actual focused goal or end point.

I was pissed, all this time she was dead. Even though we were teased with them being reunited the whole series.

>Mulder is taken to a farm of clones of his sister
>Mulder meets his sister who then reveals that she is a alien clone hybrid and that there are at least 100 of her
>Later the smoking man, who Mulder knows is the leader of the sister clone program approaches him with someone who looks like his sister
>Mulder doesn't even think that she might be a clone

he wanted to believe

i dont even remember what the hell the clones of samantha were for. was it slave labor for when the aliens came? after a certain point they like completely dropped the whole clone program plot line and like forgot it even happened

Great now you tell me I was trying to keep up with that shit and I ended up dropping the show because it never made sense. Last episode I watched he just got poisoned by that black alien goo

That's where the writers realized they had no way of figuring it out. He literally just comes back and they forget about it

MOTW >>>>>>>> mythos.
I don't even like it when MOTW return, like when Pusher came back.

Did they ever bring back the twin girls who killed there clone or something

The mythos episodes in seasons 3 & 4 are fantastic, but overall I agree

You should also watch the spinoff, Millennium.

and the single season of the lone gunmen

Now that you've told OP what to do he can go back to being the mindless faggot that he is.

delete this

more importantly,someone post some scully pics.

I cried

I'm in season 3.
It's one of my favorite shows as it's consistent, has a comfy yet eerie 90's feel, and the mc's are relatable.

Finished the whole series a while ago, overall, it gets better.

There's some REALLY bad episodes (like, 2 I can vividly recall) and a bunch of mediocre ones but also a bunch of really good ones.

The mediocre ones are still worth while due to the special effects, which are practical the vast majority of the time, and Mulder's antics.

That's literally one of the worst episodes.

watch up to season 6, skipping only the field where i died and the shitty vampire one starring perry reeves, who duchovny was dating at the time

I absolutely hate home, groced me out bad
as well as the episode where they age rapidly on a ship

the vampire one occurred in one of the earlier seasons and may still have some value for people looking to scratch that early 90s nostalgia itch

confirmed pleb taste

Uhm, FUCK THAT?

Skip the fucking video game episode, and for the love of GOD skip Teso Dos Bichos.