What movies releasing next year are on your radar?

What movies releasing next year are on your radar?

Think that'll be Scott's last movie? He's like nearly 80...

Alien is definitely way up there. Are there any other horror or sci fi you guys know of coming out?

This, and some other Space kino I can't remember. I think the one with Jennifer lawrence

scott's a hack now though Op

Hell be fine

Shut up

The Alien series died with Aliens. Alien 3 tried bringing it back on form, but failed to deliver. Resurrection is...yeah. Prometheus was the last nail in the coffin for the franchise. It was a mess of a movie that tried explaining things that didn't need to be explained, and Scott seems to have no idea what constitutes a good horror movie.

As far as I'm concerned, there's just Alien.

Prometheus is awesome yo. It is a mess, but it's real rad.

I want to see some of the qts from the cast list get facehuggered or otherwise die in nasty ways, otherwise I don't give a shit

I remain optimistic with Covenant. Hopefully ridly acknowledged the criticism from Prometheus

>no involvement from Damon Lindelof

It will be great.

TRAILER FUCKING WHEN

>danny mcbride
yeah no

Another Alien movie?

That franchise should have died with 2 like Terminator.

>Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant find what they believe to be an uncharted paradise. What the crew discover, however, is a dark, dangerous world, whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition. The film is expected to answer some of the series origin questions raised by the Prometheus film.

Huh, why is only David alive? That ginger chick should be with him I thought

Nice visuals, one good character, mess of a story and ruins the mystery of Alien. The whole idea of Alien is that the creature is the very core concept of the word, it's an alien, it's the Other, a lifeform incompatible with humanity. It's some nameless thing, a symbol from the vast, hostile universe surrounding us. It's such a simple idea that works on a lot of levels.

And then Ridley Scott goes and ruins the mystery. He converts a near-perfect horror movie into sci-fi. I love Alien to bits and Prometheus shits on it. I don't see how Scott will come back from it.

I never got anything mysterious out of Alien, outside of the first one, and I think it was still ambiguous and the answers we were given were alien feeling enough. Prometheus really only added scope to the mystery of that world's universe and the engineer race and everything.

I hope Covenant doesn't blow it all open, but I was definitely left in awe by some of the implications and things we saw in Prometheus imo.

Originally, Ridley Scott revealed that he is planning three sequels to Prometheus, eventually leading into the first Alien film. At the same time Scott stated: "Maybe [there will] even [be] a fourth film before we get back into the Alien [storyline]."[45] Scott confirmed in November 2015, that Alien: Covenant would be the first of three films before linking up with the original Alien,[46][47] and stated that the Prometheus sequels will reveal who created the xenomorph aliens.[48]

The sequel is scheduled to release in late 2019.

>mess of a story
Prometheus right? You have no idea how Covenant will turn out

Obviously yeah, how would he know what the visuals in Covenant are like?

will it have any more blacked scenes? Will they take it up a notch?

depends how long after Prometheus this is

also xenomorphs probably using her as a baby factory, fuck if Scott has the balls he would make them transform her into a proto alien queen

But Alien was never meant to be grand and mysterious, it was simply an encounter with an uncomfortable truth, just a single denizen of an unimaginably large, hostile universe. The horror of Alien comes half from the creature's simple, inherent, fundamental otherness, it's incompatibility with human life, and the fact it reduces human beings back into prey animals. There's nothing more to it, it's just a glimpse of a strange, terrifying beyond. You were never meant to know more. There's a neat little conspiracy behind it to add to the overall bleakness of the setting, but it's about humans. The aliens are just...things, out there, in the dark, that man should not tamper with.

My other problem is Prometheus was a huge rip off of H.P. Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness and the way this shit is going, if it's true, it's going down the xenomorph/shoggoth route even more than I was expecting. I've read that story, I know how that turns out, and there's no mystery left at the end of it. It just makes me so sad because Ridely Scott made a fantastic film with Alien, one of the best horrors ever made, and now he's completely undoing it with totally subpar material.

>transform her into a proto alien queen
That'd be fuckin badass.

But Noomi Price is going to be in Covenant and at the end of Prometheus they flew away together in the ship

your missing the point, we don't know how long it's been

plenty of time might have passed for her to have become mutated into a half alien queen abomination or just fucking eaten

Yeah you're right. I guess I'm just excited and eager to find out.

I fuckin love space sci-fi movies. I wish there were more desu

>tfw this movie is being called Prometheus 2 in my country

eh?

i thought noomi wasnt coming back for the new movie

yeah i agree with all this. one reason i dislike Aliens is because turning the xenomorph into a generic action movie mook retroactively ruins the whole point of the first movie. i mean, Aliens is a good movie but it should have come up with its own original monster instead of using the one from Alien

I'm waiting for that Nolan ww2 movie for the possible meme value.

She's on the IMDB page

Kong Skull Island

Haven't heard about Alien which is odd since the original is my favorite film of all time.