Am I in Bizarro Earth? Did he really just say that Marvel movie directors have unique signature styles?

Am I in Bizarro Earth? Did he really just say that Marvel movie directors have unique signature styles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JvW-ZGNjBYc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>1v1s winter soldier
>claws through caps shield
>runs faster than a car
>loses to black widow

Who cares he's a nigger

your reading comprehension is for shit

Someone is saying something, OP> I wonder what. Too bad Boseman can' tell us these secret thoughts.

They gonna ask that faggot playing The Flash what Marvel did wrong when Black Panther bombs because no KANGS movie is going to make blockbuster capeshit money?

>Did he really just say that Marvel movie directors have unique signature styles?
No. He said the directors are the ones making the movies at Marvel while he believes the DC movies at WB feel like they're being made by a committee (which they are).

>1v1s winter soldier
he can control bucky's arm somehow

>>claws through caps shield
just the paint

>>runs faster than a car
no

>>loses to black widow
no

BvS weng wrong by trying to be ambitious and have actual themes. People dont go see capeshit to see philosophical undertones. They want to see punching and quips. Also Lex Luthor was not a good bad guy and the plot was a bit convoluted.

>marvel directors in charge of making their capeshit and not the studio execs

TOP KEK

chadwick sounds like a name from a /r9k/ pasta

Maybe he is referrings that the producers can fuck up someone vision if they want.
For example, dropping MOS 2 and making BvS.

No. Marvel producers have a knack for finding good journeyman directors who don't try to call attention to themselves, so the directors can do their jobs without interference.

>"I was there the first night to see Batman v Superman, got my popcorn and everything, and I’m not exactly sure what they did wrong, but I feel like sometimes you see a movie – and I could be wrong, or saying this because I’m in the industry – you can see that there’s at times [too] many people deciding something. That there’s not a clear voice from the director.”
>"Sometimes when you watch movies you see that the producers are saying something, someone else is saying something, the directors are saying something. And sometimes, it doesn’t work. I just feel like, what I have experienced at Marvel is that the directors are very much making the movie. So maybe that’s it.”

In other words, he's saying Marvel has directors will full control of their movies.

>shrugs off bullets
>taken out by taser

Seems like design flaw to me. Wait, what? Just shitty writing, you say? Fair enough.

>tfw looking forward to the Black Panther movie than the next JUSTice League
seriously what went wrong. I never even heard of him before this movie.

The black african body is hard to resist. The only african in Justice League has no human body anymore.

desu, the ones who didn't got control over their movies are not working with Marvel anymore.

Did any marvel flick even imply a meaning outside of the words on the page? Maybe Cap: Winter Soldier about who was the real winter soldier, Bucky or Steve. Even that one is a stretch because bucky is barely in the movie.

The rest were just quips and action.

Iron Man 3?

Maybe Vibranium is highly conductive.

Maybe if it's an integral part of my costume, I don't jump into it just hoping my foes won't be using electric weapons. Lazy plot-driven writing. Again.

youtube.com/watch?v=JvW-ZGNjBYc

Bullshit aside, the only director that worked on Marvel and actually made a movie like he always does is Shane Black, he made Lethal Iron Man 3 Weapon Nice Boy Scout.
The rest literally do the same made for tv movie every single time.

Yes, the scene where Wonder Woman introduces the Justice league through an email attachment was very ambitious and thematic.

Iron Man 3 was terrible.

Shane Black seems to think he's Quentin Tarantino and can write witty natural sounding dialogue but it doesn't come off that way at all.

The kid was especially annoying as fuck.

When you think about what Lex having that info implies, yeah it is.

But it was a movie made with his style, look at GoTG and tell me thats a James Gunn movie...its a water down infantilized memecesspool.
The only thing he managed to do under his Disney Overlords is using his favorite b list actors like Michael Rooker.

The directors don't have a style but Marvel sure does. Everyone remembers Edgar Wright trying to make another meme movie before Marvel stepped in and stopped his plans for bo office poison.

I'd say it's the other way around, all Marvel movies are basically made by the producers

they do though

Yeah, I guess the absence of style can be considered a style.

>not posting the whole thing

What his me most about Winter Soldier was how real the hand to hand combat felt, it was much more realistic and less floaty then the rest.

The tanker seen in the beginner especially, it felt almost like Metal Gear, especially with the score.

It doesn't help that all the marvel movies have the same overall tone to them.
The Russo bros style is very clean and neat so it appears generic at first glance. Their fight scenes are fast and frantic with a lot of cuts, but the characters faces are always clearly displayed during the fight choreography so you can see their every little expression as they battle. It seems like they try and make minimal use of stunt doubles so that they can get maximum headshots out of their actors.

They should make a Cap stealth-action videogame

I'm glad he just kills people without giving a fuck.

Widow wasn't a foe though. She was on his side.

>it felt almost like Metal Gear

>realistic

Are you retarded, or just a shit poster?

Marvel has yet to top even the fights in Dark Knight Rises.

You don't have to be so contrarian. You can admit Marvel can do nice fights sometimes. Don't make yourself look braindead by praising the non-existant DKR choreography.

Poor Whedon. I'm glad he's gone, but AoU was sabotaged.

Why do you think that Jesse Eisenberg, known for playing Mark Zuckerberg, was cast as Lex? It's a commentary on social networks and memes, and how it is used to control us, like Lex controlled Batman and Superman into figthing each other. Why do you think the logos spell WW CIA? It's no coincidence.

Yeah, because there was never a possibility of anyone else thinking to use a taser. In all the years of the Black Panther being a hereditary title that crosses centuries, not once did he or any ancestor ever encounter anyone who uses electricity as a weapon, not one Wakandan criminal, born and raised in the most technologically advanced nation on the planet.

Got it.

Not to mention it's the only overt clue we get to what Lex actually had in mind.

why did he say this??

now wb would never cast him in their films

Marvel directors are making the movie that Feige gave them on a powerpoint sheet

What meaning did that have?

Besides the first Iron Man and the last two Captain America movies, this iteration of Marvel has been a blur.

That's not what happened by the way

Its not like that would happen anyway.

Snyder fans are afraid of black people.

I fucking hate Reddit

I have no clue why you're looking forward to a Marvel movie. Maybe I'd get you looking forward to Spider-Man since he's an american icon outside of Batman and Supes, but god damn.

Quip quip quip quip quip quip quip

Punch punch quip punch

quip quip quip quip

mhmm

jump cut jump cut jump cut offscreen knockout

What happened? And would AoU have been a better movie if "that" hadn't happened?

Motherfucker, what do you mean by "that"?

>I just feel like, what I have experienced at Marlel is that the directors are doing what the suits tell them, cash their checks and go home and don't even watch the movie once it comes out because they are yes-men from tv shows and Troma with no artistic integrity whatsoever

It really makes you think

>forgetting the scene where he, cap, and cucky run faster than cars

>you can see that there’s at times [too] many people deciding something. That there’s not a clear voice from the director.
Except he's 100% right, hence why BvS and SS were butchered in the editing room by suits, and why we got a "Director's" version of BvS.

DC
>make a dark film about a group of criminals
>err, no, wait, shit, a wacky film about a group of misfits! Make that instead! But keep things edgy! Make sure to put all these pop songs in! RESHOOTS NOW WE HAVE TO CHANGE THE ENTIRE TONE

Marvel
>Would you like to make a capeshit film with a more down to earth, spy thriller feel / dumb space action comedy / etc etc
>Okay
>Nice

Whatever meant by "sabotage".

I legit don't get how people can look at this CGI and think it looks realistic.

>Am I in Bizarro Earth? Did he really just say that Marvel movie directors have unique signature styles?

No.

I mean, you can criticize the point he is making, but that isn't it. He's saying that DC films have too many hands fucking with the final product.

The producers, the directors, the editors, etc. all have their hands in the pot and are all making changes based on what they think is best. At Marvel, the director is pretty much given all power and it's allowed to do what he wants. The person who wrote the screenplay for Dr. Strange basically confirmed this.

Edgar Wright is the lone exception in this case though.

Edgar Wright wanted to make his film not in canon with the MCU. He wanted it to be his and his alone, no tie ins.

I wonder why that didn't fly.

Not just that, didn't an executive leak that Snyder made exactly the movie that the suits wanted?

He threw everything in that they asked for without giving much pushback and that's why the tone is all over the place and it feels like a commercial for Justice League.

>He threw everything in that they asked for without giving much pushback

Yes, hes a yesman, that's why they keep hiring him. Because he'll literally do anything anyone tells him and happily fill every frame with product placement so the movie pays for itself twice over before principal shooting even wraps.

There is a distinct difference between the directorial style of Ant Man, Thor (dir. Kenneth fucking Branagh!!!) and Civil War.

Chadwick is right.

Yeah, Cargill said that they spend a lot of time discussing the finer machinations of the story, but Feige's input usually only concerns that, rather than "can we put more product placement there" or "we need to advertise all the other films we're making".

That's the thing that I feel Marvel really got down now.
When you're watching Captain America, you're watching Captain America. There are elements that tie into other stories, but they serve a purpose in the narrative you're watching.
The stingers are the only parts where they push the next project.

The email scene from BvS is one of the most cringeworthy examples of executive meddling I've ever seen.

> we realize that Lex Luthor had bigger plan for the other Meta Human Besides superman by a scene wich coincidally introduces the concept of what will be the next film

What a blatant marketing move it's atrocious to do that in a movie

> a totaly unrelated scene feature a heroes totally unrelated to the plot of the present film to promote another movie wich has no ties whatsoever with the film you're watching

Waow it's pottery

Your reddit level are leaking, just kill yourself brah

Reminder that this movie was nominated for an academy award for Best Visual Effects

I think BvS failed because they spent 20 minutes on the script and then called it a day.

Joss Whedon's signature style is to make a 200 million dollar movie look like a TV show.

BvS theatrical release is perfect, ultimate version too bloated and full of unnecessary details

Well he is a soldier