Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UWROBiX1eSc
youtube.com/watch?v=GwtGrp0tqz4
youtube.com/watch?v=rXYcFYaN_ns&t=43m19s
youtube.com/watch?v=jQlPr3hxXuA
youtube.com/watch?v=EN0fqt-BjRI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mike liked tfa
Plinkett is an autist who can't cope with change and everything but the OT is the manifestation of satan

Space cop or Ghostbusters

Plinkett is just a vehicle for Mike's opinions with the comedic psychotic episodes on the side

It's gonna be lame as fuck if Mike goes the "I liked it but Plinkett didn't :^)" route

>439,855 subscribers
When did RedditLetterMedia get so popular?

That's not that much

I hope he does the Matrix sequels personally.

Cuckman has over 700k.

why the fuck would it be anything other than a lucas-affiliated project if they promo it with a lucas clip?

We already know it's TFA, user was just memeing. There was a video a while back with Palpy going "arise, Lord Plinkett!" and etc.

Did you know that it's possible to like something and yet be so comfortable with the fact that you enjoy something that you're able to criticise it.

It's not like they haven't done crossovers in Plinkett reviews before. Palpatine's become the second face of the Plinkett reviews (the first face being Plinkett's face).

TFA is what literally everyone is expecting. Maybe they'll do something else. This has been built up to be the hypest thing in RLM history, so I wouldn't be super surprised if they did something a bit unpredictable.

It is for TFA, they put out a trailer for it for fucks sake.

Don't forget they did the TFA review drunk at four in the morning and Mike was giving his initial reaction. I'm sure there's plenty he hates about it now.

Hopefully it'll be funny. I don't consider the Plinkett reviews of "actually alright" movies to be that funny, even if they are entertaining (like the Titanic review showcasing Mike's obvious interest on the actual event)

If it's a red herring absolutely everyone is in on it and they're all incredible 10/10 liars. On the Pre-Rec stream they have answered questions like "when's the TFA plinkett reviews" multiple times and they were all consistently believable answers (ranging from "Mike's not working on it yet" some months ago to "Mike's on it" recently, said by Jay of all people)

What's even to hate about it?
The only thing I can think of to dislike is when they fire the not death star and it travels apparently across the galaxy (???) and blows up a bunch of planets without establishing what those planets are and why we should care and it's really confusing and unclear what's happening and where it is in relation to where the characters are

It's Mike. He's become a total hack since he did the prequel reviews. From all the HitBs, BotW, and re:Views, it's become clearer and clearer that Jay has significantly better taste in movies than Mike.
Plinkett will have the exact same reaction to it as he did to Star Trek 09.

Tfa is great in comparison to the sequels.
As an actual move being judged by actual movie critiques, Its fairly lack luster and by the book paint by numbers star wars with almost 0 risks taken. You can like it and still admit its not that great of a movie.

>what's to hate about it
Uh, other than its a remake of a new hope and its a death star for the third fucking time only this time its bigger, took absolutely no risks, had a really contrived and boring plot, character advances that make no sense (the Mary sue meme isnt just a meme), there's a fucking lot to point out in how bad this movie is. But its better than the prequels, normies got another star wars while Sta wars nerds got a star wars movie better than the prequels, that's all literally anyone fucking wanted.

This doesn't mean its a good movie, it's just better than a steaming pile of Lucas shit.

How come they barely make these videos?

rich's george lucas is good, but salad?

I would never understand Cred Forums riding Jay's dick so much

The guy fucking sucks, he brings up twitter shit, rumors and meme crticisms as things that makes him enjoy the movie less.

Watch the review for Trankstastic Four and you will see what's up

They pretty much had to play it safe because people were skeptical from the start, and reestablish what star wars is supposed to be for the younger audience. And frankly, I don't want them to do anything else with JJ Abrams directing, because then we'll just have a JJ Abrams movie

Kek

Too much editing for too little payoff. They make enough money doing reviews and dumb shit nobody really wants to watch.
Never mind that Plinkett was what made RLM take off in the first place.

>What's even to hate about it?

Phasma, lack of cool ships, mediocre soundtrack, Maz, and Starkiller Base.

Other than that it was OK.

Oh I know they had to play it safe, and it actually gave me hope we might end up with a solid star wars movie at some point.

Doesn't change that the movie was ass.

>rich doing an impersonation of george lucas while reviewing food sounds just like reviewbrah

>I would never understand Cred Forums riding Jay's dick so much

aesthetics

youtube.com/watch?v=UWROBiX1eSc

RLM peaked with this anyway

That was the idea, but they took it overboard because they're morons. They mistook plot for tone. Star Wars is defined by its TONE, not necessarily its plot. You can recapture the tone of the original trilogy without literally copying the plot.

that was like less than a month ago

>Luke, did I ever tell you about George Lucas reviewing salads because he is a hack now? He was a good friend.

yeah. I honestly want more Scientist Man than I want Plinkett

Really? Because I think TFA is barely above the prequels.

>Mary Sue
>Rehashed plot
>Deus Ex Machina ending
>Constant fan service
>On the nose Nazi metaphors

I know that Cred Forums has driven this movie into the ground, but it still bothers me that the whites were scientists and the black was a subway worker who shouted "OH HELL NAW".

It's been more than a month sice I've unsubscribed and I haven't watched a single video from RLM ever since, why the fuck doe Youtube still shove this crap in my "recommended" section?

i hope aids moby doesn't ruin this one like he ruined the titanic one

>they have less subs than OfficialDuckStudios

You goddamn retards, Plinkett doesn't just review films he dislikes. Even the previous teaser was obviously about TFA, stop meme'ing this.

Some of you are probably just mad that he is not going to shit down on it and instead will probably rate it as something close to the original trilogy in terms of quality while defending it from the millennials who grew up with the prequels tbqh.

You deleted your old post just to attach a Pepe to it?

Yeah.

>RANCH

Eric André on BOTW CONFIRMED

It might be TFA. But it also might be something else, if I remember correctly Plinkett was working on something else before TFA

440,000 isn't that much on Youtube, I would consider RedLetterMedia fairly niche, but not unknown. 1 mil subs is when you start getting big

I really hope it's not TFA. that would be boring.

>Plinkett is an autist who can't cope with change

Then he'd love TFA since it's exactly the same as ANH.

Not to mention that some of the writing is easily prequel-level.
>No, the supreme leader is wise.

nigga that's how they talked in the originals

If it is close to the original trilogy it's not due to its own merits, but rather the merits of that which it has taken from.

I don't think it's a 'hateable' movie but it certainly has some flaws they could nitpick at for an hour. The degree to which it rehashes ANH, another death star, wasted characters like phasma, etc.

I think worse than being "hateable" it's just boring.

Has anyone thought about the two directions Plunkett could take? One path is him nitpicking and exaggerating the bad aspects of something to try to recreate the prequel glory, and giving the fans the criticism they want.

The other path is staying mostly on track. Not becoming self aware and bigger than yourself. If something is bad by all means criticize but don't force it to appease fans.

I feel like James Rolfe took the first path with AVGN. Every mediocre game he reviews has to be a pile of donkey shit that makes him chug beers. Once he starts playing into what was previously popular, and trying to force it with everything it becomes overused, unfunny and just looks like he's trying too hard to fake it.

I believe the Plinkett reviews could be in a similar situation if they're not careful.

This movie was tailor made for millennial approval. It's basically saying "hey since it's cool for fans to shit on the prequels and love the original trilogy, let's make an uninspired, superficial knockoff of the original so millennials feel validated for what they weren't alive to experience before."

Just about every millennial I know thinks the originals are kino and loves to flaunt their Darth Vader and Millennium falcon fandom but fall asleep to their lack of CGI and lightsaber flip flights. And every parent I know dislikes TFA because it has no soul and is just fan service to 2nd and 3rd wave fans who think they like what was already popular before they jumped onto that bandwagon.

Reminder that even if this new review matches the charm, wit and quality of the originals people will still complain that it's a disappointment.

Doesn't matter as most people got on the Plinkett train with the Star Wars reviews rather than the earlier Trek ones.

I won't care if I enjoy it

Judging by the preview it looks like it will be higher production quality and writing quality. Even if it's better in every way, some fags will weigh their own nostalgia over objective improvement.

That's because no one cares about Star Trek.

>they liked TFA

This is why I have had no hype at all for a new Plinkett.

Instead of being a corny vehicle for legitimate opinions on the movie being bad, you'll now get an entirely scripted Plinkett that is making up problems that Mike didn't have just to pretend he hated the movie.

It just won't be the same.

>'member r2d2?
>*bb8 appears on screen*
>'member darth vader
>*kylo ren appears on screen*
>'member luke and tattooine?
>*rey and jakku appears on screen*

Etc., etc., so on and so forth.

This.

Star Wars is bigger and more culturally significant than Star Trek and the prequels dropped the ball harder than the TNG films did. The reviews for the prequels had a lot more punch to them because of that. They were describing things that a lot of people had already thought but hadn't ever been able to articulate.

Really fucking obscure reference to a claim by David Lynch that when he was trying to get the job directing Return of the Jedi, Lucas took him out to lunch at a place only served Salads.

I mean he could probably be able to be objective and dissect its issues even though he liked it.
Though maybe they'll just comment on the hub bub surrounding it rather than the movie itself.

>>On the nose Nazi metaphors

Yeah none of those back in the originals.

It's entirely possible to do in depth analysis of something you liked and be funny about it. It's true that a good panning lends itself to this sort of video especially well but I see no reason why he can't express a favorable opinion as a Plinkett review.

Then he showed Lynch a picture of a Wookie... and his headache got worse.

Not him, and while you're not wrong, none of them were as forced as a literal Nuremberg rally.

He also liked Star Trek and Titanic (I still don't get why they wasted a Plinkett review on Titanic, btw). He'll probably say he liked it, but that they played it way too safe, and pandered too hard to nostalgia, among other things. Plus, there's plenty there to nitpick, and plenty of things to make fun of the autistic fanbase for.

I'd still much rather see a review of the Matrix sequels. It's such fertile ground for a Pkinkett review.

Why didn't they do a plinkett review for final frontier?

Rich's response seems the most correct: He didn't like the movie that much, but points out that there's at least the promise of better films to come because it manages to establish a decent new cast, which the prequels did not do.

Star Trek and Titanic reviews were somewhat positive. I think it's more the Plinkett character himself, as opposed to the types of movies he reviews.

I really hope Mike's just fucking with us about the obvious TFA references and pulls another Baby's Day Out or Cop Dog tier review.

It's been what? 5 years since the last Plinkett review? I've lost all interest in Plinkett after all these years of not having anything new. The small little Plinkett videos don't count.

is this kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=GwtGrp0tqz4

Are they intentionally taking the piss out of Reviewbrah with this? it feels identical to his format in the introduction.

>give people money because they might make something worth giving your money for later

American consumerist logic.

He liked Star Trek 09 and still did a Plinkett review of it.

It would be nice to have a review of TFA without Mike slurping its dick like he did at 4AM right after it came out.

>Jay has actual opinions
>doesn't base his opinions on one or two things from a movie
>has seen a great amount of movies which gives him points of reference
>more in depth in his analysis

Mike however:
>has absolute pleb taste in movies
>likes every shit movie and uses excuses like "muh schlock!"
>comes off as bored and not as knowledgeable
>surface level analysis
>made space cop

The darth vader suit video was better.

Why would anyone take the piss out of reviewbrah? He's a good kid.

I like him too but RLM have a habit of taking the piss out of other youtubers, like Jays vlog channel or the clickbait trailer reaction. I'm probably reading too much into it.

I'm actually surprised people like Stuckmanna and YMS have more subs

No one mentioned money, Kikeberg.

Why you gotta talk shit about ANH like that, user?

The only problem with a TFA Plinkett review is that you can basically predict all the critiques they'll make. It's basically A New Hope (insert identical compositions between films); Rey is a Mary Sue (insert Rey gaining jedi powers with no effort); Han is doing the same thing and wearing the same thing 30 years later etc etc.

So how will you see these films without giving someone one, without breaking the law?

they can analyze and criticize things that they like, movies aren't ruined for people if you point out flaws unless you're a spineless sheep who only goes on what other people say

yup hopefully Mike can do something new with it

the delay was the BR release right? Mike probably wanted to listen to the commentary track

I hope they focus on the score more in this review. That's the worst part of TFA, in my eyes; the overuse of music from previous movies, and the general lack of good, new compositions. I don't even blame Williams for it, since it was probably temped to hell and back.

>Rey gaining jedi powers with no effort
Luke's one in a million shot was achieved through 10 minutes of Obi Wan training.
Rey's abilities were forced to develop through stress. It's really not that big of a jump in logic.

youtube.com/watch?v=rXYcFYaN_ns&t=43m19s

He's probably fool with a The force awake us start and then do Space Cop instead, or it may be about the new Star trek flick.

hyped desu

It's just gonna be another cocksucking review like Titanic

don't care

It' s a well. Known fact that Ghost Dad will be the next film Plinkett reviews.

I wonder what will happen to this board, when Plinkett just talks about how much he loved the film for 90 minutes.

>Plinkett doesn't reviews movies he liked
What is Titanic, Avatar, and Star Trek 09

plinkett also made a star wars (1977) commentary track

you guys are hoping for a video that will confirm all the critism you have with the film, but that won't just happen. just rewatch the Star Trek 09 review.

What do they say in that video?

whats the best BotW episode

He hated avatar

"I loved it. It was everything I hoped it would be"

>we'll probably never see mike that happy again ;_;

He was way happier when Beyond was good. Mike likes Trek way more.

RedditLetterMedia is pretty respectable channel, a lot of reviewers were "inspired" by them

No he didn't.

If the new Star Trek show is good maybe Mike will smile again

>jack is the gun toting true american
>rich is the #nevertrump libtard fagboi
so this is the berenstain universe...... huh

He had nothing to do with the Titanic review

Its coming 23th

Think so, too
Why would they mention the date otherwise?

Will they ever top this?
youtube.com/watch?v=jQlPr3hxXuA
youtube.com/watch?v=EN0fqt-BjRI

Because that was the date on the container

considering how much god damn effort they put into their shit compared to most youtubers 500k is like nothing

there are dozens of youtube memers with 1mil+ that make like one halfassed video every two weeks that cost literally nothing to make

>It's a lets blame Jack for anything that goes wrong when he had nothing to do with it and he's actually the second best member of the group, behind Jay, because he makes you upset that he has a hot wife and good life and you're a fat neckbeard permavirgin episode

Nah, I don't believe your simple explanation!

The fact that he has a wife and kids doesn't somehow make him funny or interesting

These are so good, I remember when I first found them

good times ;-;

Doesn't make him a bad person you should blame for things he had nothing to do with either you crying redditfrog pussy. It cracks me up that Jack would literally mozambique drill any of you faggots that are always whining about him if you came at him in real life while you talk about how great Rich is when he would do nothing other than cry and beg you to feel the Bern with him at an Atheists of Wisconsin meeting as he let loose a watery 5 gallon shart into his Wal-Mart pants.

You need help

>Gets told
>Y-y-you need help m'lady

Pretty sure he hit the nail that is you right on the head.

this so much

sure he didn't

>I didn't like the Titanic review as much as others sim going to blame it on someone unrelated because I don't personally like him
Flawless logic

It's gonna be TFA and they're basically going to use it to mock autists who think it's bad

I love Jack but even I admit that he ruined the Titanic review with his constant tittering and what-for.

The fuck are you talking about? Jack had literally nothing to do with the Titanic review.

sure he didn't

>This samefag

Jack literally wasn't in the Titanic review at all.

are you sure about that, samefag?

Instead of pointless shitposting, please explain what his involvement was in the Titanic review.

Yeah Jack's nutrider, even if he was it was inconsequential and Mike is the one who writes and directs everything in the Plinkett reviews so are you saying Jack is responsible for Plinkett? Are you saying Mike is a liar?

Ruining it.

Not that guy I just couldn't resist a drive-by shitpost.

no
yes

Yeah but didn't he say in a seperate discussion about reboots that TFA was masterfully done?

He says it's masterfully done in the context of rebooting a beloved series with a large fanbase.

he said it was a pandering pile of poop on pre rec stream

The only way TFA is confusing is if you are a complete retard. The general's speech literally says "we are going to blow the planets that give finnancial support to the good guys"

he is going to BTFO Lucas apologists who think the prequels were good after all (circle theory bullshit)

If you think TFA is a remake of ANH or that starkiller base was the focus AS IT ACTUALLY WAS in ANH you're a retard

Who the fuck cares what these Disney sellouts think?

prequels had goat worldbuilding. no i mean the worlds were literally built by space goats

Who did? What are you talking about?

you did. i'm talking about you

>george lucas related Plinkett review
Finally they're going to take down American Graffiti, that movie was a complete piece of shit only liked because of nostalgia and contrarians who try to say they liked Lucas before Star Wars

>>Mary Sue
Yes, Rey was such a fucking mary sue, specially when she blew up the death star on her first time on an x wing.
>>Rehashed plot
Yeah, who can forget when Luke, Han and Leia were searching for Luke in the original star wars
>>Deus Ex Machina ending
Yeah, it's almost like if there was an invicible force controlling everybody's destiny, but there's nothing like that in star wars
>>Constant fan service
Agreed, Lucas would have never dared to show us fanservicy shit like child Boba Fett or Leia in a bikini
>>On the nose Nazi metaphors
The first order fucking sucked because of this, they should have used a completly original organization with no historical connotations like the empire.

>that salad video
Rich gives up with doing the george voice and just talks like himself after a while

Less successful youtubers trying to tear down a more successful youtuber, it's what RedditLetterMedia has been doing for years.

ironic...

>Yes, Rey was such a fucking mary sue, specially when she blew up the death star on her first time on an x wing
Except it's established that Luke had experience being a pilot, and was force sensitive, and had dozens of X wings and han bailing him out when he assaulted the death star. And you saw him grow throughout the movie from hitting his first Tie Fighter in the falcon to the death star trench run. There's buildup. Rey goes from being some scavenger to an invulnerable super-being in the course of 10 minutes.

>Yeah, who can forget when Luke, Han and Leia were searching for Luke in the original star wars
Don't play dumb. Even TFA apologists admit that the movie was beat for beat nearly the same as the first one plus lens flare and quips

>Agreed, Lucas would have never dared to show us fanservicy shit like child Boba Fett or Leia in a bikini
Child Boba fett was in the prequels and episode 6 was when the series went downhill. Even still Bikini Leia was a very small part of the movie and made some sort of sense. Constant quips and winks and nods to actual good movies in TFA is capeshitty as fuck.

>The first order fucking sucked because of this, they should have used a completly original organization with no historical connotations like the empire.
>doesn't understand what on the nose means
The original Empire was clearly Nazis in space with a few degrees of separation, but The First Order was being so blatant and obvious about it that it insulted the viewers intelligence.

Honestly I think it'd be like Star Trek '09 one. He'll just say what he liked about it and what he didn't like about and that's it. If he teared the movie a new one like in the prequels reviews he'd surprise me.

his least entertaining videos :^)

Why is Mike back doing Plinkett again? Nobody asked for this.

this, he should produce more pre-rec instead

They lost all respect from me when they said they really liked TFA. especially mike .

They did a commentary for that

They love capeshit, they're gonna love TFA

>I lose respect for people when their opinions don't validate my own
You sound like a pretty big pussy desu

>they're gonna love TFA
They're going to? Gee I can't wait to one day find out what Red Letter Media thinks about TFA.

>he respects someone with shit opinions
lmaooooooooooooooo

wait what the fuck mike is mr plinkett? i've been here thinking that was rich this whole time.

>their faces when this gets millions of views because it's an unboxing video
>their faces when they realize they could be making way more money and have more exposure if they just pandered and meme'd it up a bit

>unboxing clear packages

yeah i'm guessing half&half like the titanic video.

Mike = Voice, Rich = Video-portrayal.

I didn't hate TFA, but it felt very much like a safe and standard Marvel-type movie.
It felt like a movie made by committees and test audiences and focus groups and not an ounce of passion or creativity.
You might say that they had no choice but to play it safe, but I think they did. The name Star Wars gets asses in seats regardless of quality - the prequels showed that already. They just chose to take absolutely no risks whatsoever because there was no real reason for the movie to be made in the first place.

ok but who writes it? i always thought it was rich

jack does most of the plinkett writing/editing

>somebody is going to take this seriously

>Says COMING SOON
>In Star Wars font
>After a trailer showing George Lucas
>After a teaser with Palpatine
>And TFA
>WHAT MOVIE WILL IT BE!?!?!?

It's going to be the Holiday Special.

clone wars

Could be that shit animated film lucas did.

Rich writes his own Plinkett, Mike writes his own Plinkett

>Except it's established that Luke had experience being a pilot, and was force sensitive

Rey too, in fact Luke was not confirmed to be force sensitive untill the death star trench run, while Rey awoke before.

>And you saw him grow throughout the movie from hitting his first Tie Fighter in the falcon to the death star trench run. There's buildup.

Rey also grew from beating thugs to beating Kylo Ren.

>Even TFA apologists admit that the movie was beat for beat nearly the same as the first one

TFA has the same structure as ANH, not the same story or intention. If you dont understand the difference or see the sharing of the structure as something bad, then there is no point in discussing with you.

>plus lens flare

Which one?

>Even still Bikini Leia was a very small part of the movie and made some sort of sense.

Even still the Millenium Falcon was a very small part of the movie and made some sort of sense.

>The original Empire was clearly Nazis in space

Then there's nothing more to say here unless you fail to understand the First Order is the imperial remnant renamed.

The Plinkett review will be about what makrs TFA a good movie and also bashing on the prequel apologist that sprung up after TFA was realesed. He'll discuss how Episode 7 is an actual good Star Wars movie compared to the prequels. He'll also talk about that petition that sprung up about Lucas directing Episode 9.

How is this so hard for you autist to understand?

I hate Jay too. He's such a snob.

>Yes, Rey was such a fucking mary sue, specially when she blew up the death star on her first time on an x wing.

Luke was saved in that engagement twice, by wedge and han in order to hit a target he already though wouldn't be too hard to do.

That feat was hardly impressive, especially compared to the shit poe pulled, scoring more kills in 12 seconds than Anakin, Luke, and Wedge combined

Poe Dameron is the real mary sue of TFA desu

>in fact Luke was not confirmed to be force sensitive untill the death star trench run

Someone forgot where luke deflects laser blasts from the remote.

Only autismos cared bout that

Both of them were. Finn is the only one that would sort of fit in with proper SW characters.

>Farmboy blows up the empire's ultimate weapon
>That feat was hardly impressive
Yes, ANH's ending is so fucking boring.

This. Plinkett liked Indy 4 and he also goes on and on about how Titanic is a great movie.

Chris Stuckman does short 5 minute videos for the ADHD generation, RLM videos are 30-60 minutes long and too much for the usual youtube crowd.

>rabidly defending the honour of the third highest grossing film of all time
>there's a whole world outside

ITS ABOUT GEORGE MILLER YOU FUCKS

I BET 20 $ ITS ABOUT FURY ROAD

Literally no way, I hope you're not actually this retarded and are just baiting.

your right mike isn't patrician anymore

why did jay and rich stay patrician but mike became kinda fat and drunk with power?

>when u notice rich ate some salad in the the video

better than TFA desoo

>Expires on 9/23
>9/23 release date confirmed

v was a tv show not a movie

Why are thy called "The Resistance" when the Empire has dissolved, aren't they just the regular army now?

How did a fraction of the Empire build a many times larger Death Star when the Empire at the hight of it's power barely managed to build much smaller ones?

Why didn't anyone give a fuck about them blowing up the Death Star and killing hundreds of thousands of people that are there not of their own free will but are actually brainwashed?

How can the planets that get blown up see each other get blown up, two object of such mass, so close to each other would rip themselves apart with their gravitational forces.

How did Rey learn to control peoples minds?

How did they recover Vaders helm?

gee i don't know maybe this info is either irrelevant or will be covered in episodes 8 & 9. tfa is not intended to be a complete film in and of itself. it's the pilot episode for disney's entire sw series.