Why did Lime call Martins over from the beginning if he was gonna play dead the whole time...

Why did Lime call Martins over from the beginning if he was gonna play dead the whole time? Did he want to get caught deep down?

Anyone????

I got nothing

maybe he was just an elaborate ruseman

Been a while, but wasn't it a combination of Martins stumbling onto him by accident and ruffling feathers that pointed towards him being alive, and the fact that they were old friends?
Lime wanted to kill two birds with one stone by cutting a friend in on a deal and thus keeping his mouth shut.

But why if you're gonna fake your death, would you invite a guy to stay at your house the day after?

Paranoia, a need for someone to do your bidding while you're permanently "gone" and just a genuine desire to keep an old friend close by. But It's been years, so I might be misremembering the subtext.

You see those dots on the ground OP?

He really wanted martins to come work for him?

Soundtrack was amazing and so was the old timey companion radio show
Comfy as fuck
And lime wanted to die

watched this less than a week ago after seeing that fucking brilliant look he gives on a best characters intros video. five minutes in, and all the way to the end of the movie, I was asking the same question.

>74459517
whole film was, still, comfy af.

Why are you posting about the 3rd man here? People only watch super hero films on this board.

It was an attempt to retain some of his morality and normality by reconnecting with an old friend from a time when he was a good man he didn't need him for business reasons as holly was pretty incompetent, its similar to one of the final shots where he tries to reach out to the city through the sewer grate but cannot due to his base morals. Also anyone else think the final shot is one of the best pieces of cinematography?

And it was all done on this

>Also anyone else think the final shot is one of the best pieces of cinematography?

The whole movie looks incredible. With a lot of older B&W films, even the good ones, you can feel the stagey-ness of the direction, it can be very flat and simple in the conversations scenes.

The Third Man feels like it could have been shot yesterday.

I just watched this too. The last 20m is killer

Because it would lend to the believability of his death.

>And lime wanted to die
This.
He felt bad about the dead kids but he had too much pride to turn himself in. He wanted Martins to kill him because he was a good friend

If I recall he wanted his friend in on his sweet deal of selling fake medicine

He was the true hero

Do people think of this as a dark crime drama or more as a romantic drama? For me it's the best romantic drama I've seen, maybe the only good one

>romantic drama
what did he mean by this?

Martins motivation is wanting to fug lime's gf, what else would you call it?

Drama?

I know right. It's not like it took weeks and weeks to arrange and travel to Europe back then. What could have possibly changed so drastically in the 9 hours it would have taken to take a 747 to Vienna?