What different types of vampires are there in film and TV...

What different types of vampires are there in film and TV. I find that many vamp movies never give us clear rules on the universe

every movie sets up its own rules so I'm at a loss as to how anyone could answer your question.

On a side note, the only proper way to kill a vampire is a stake through the heart AND cutting off the head. You shouldn't be able to just stake them and they certainly shouldn't burst into fucking flames.

Also, the best depiction of turning includes vomiting up ALL the blood that's in their bodies. That's the blood of a deceased human and must be expelled.

>I find that many vamp movies never give us clear rules
You should then watch Guillermo del Toro's Strain.

Only Lovers Left Alive were the best Vampires.

>Hipster Vamps ftw

Normal vampires (can't go in the sun, drink blood to survive, infect others with vampirism by biting them) and snowflake vampires (anything else, AKA our vampires are so different we're cool watch our movie/tv show)
See: Twilight

Twilight's blinking vampires are the fucking worst.
Also the younger a vampire the stronger he is for some reason?

I crave rewatching 30 Days of Night. It's the only vampire film I've seen that isn't BDSM SEX LMAO
shit.

The original Universal Dracula (1931 I think) and Peter Cushing as Van Helsing in the Hammer Draculas provide a clear set of rules which are generally applicable to most vampire movies ever made. Obviously there are deviations but in general I think the rules provided in those movies are most universal.

kino

>Also, the best depiction of turning includes vomiting up ALL the blood that's in their bodies.

which movie is that in?

I just don't like that the coven ran away and live to feed on another town.

there's the vampires from the tv series Ultraviolet.. who explode into dust when exposed to sunlight.. and who can regenerate from that dust. weird af

Out of our way, gweilo fucking shit!!

Chinese vampire superior!

Is there a vampire love movie?

Im not talking about shitty human falls in lvoe with vampire and then gets turned, the end.

Im talking two vampires falling in love.

I just watched it and its not what i want.

Those two have been together for centuries. I want a vampire movie that dives deep into the sad condition of being immortal and has two vampires falling in love.

Who cares when all of them are shit to the Trinity that is
>Alucard
>Ultimate Kars
and pic related

That's what it's about

Its not, you fucking moron.

What part of "falling in love" dont you understand? Do i have to draw a picture for you, peanutbrain?

The Strain shows vampire in the most real way possible.

As parasites.

Strigoi
Von Carstein
Lamia
Necrarch
Blood Dragon

was a really nice division.

Malkavian and co. were pretty good too for that game, but the WH division of vampires remains my favorite for all media.

VC > BD > Lamia > Strigoi > Necrach

Unless they stick to the books.

fucking angels, man

>He doesn't like FABULOUS vampires.

>implyin

what about zombie vampires

George A Romero's Martin is pretty interesting. It's basically just a skinny 20 year old weirdo virgin loser and the only thing vampiric about him is that he needs to drink blood. So he's gotta wrestle people twice his size around and inject them with some very slow acting tranq and it's pretty hilarious how he's gotta chase them around the house and shit.
It's also a commentary on the vampire horror genre, sensationalism in the media, religion.
Highly underrated.

What We Do In The Shadows gives a pretty broad perspective on vampires and does so hilariously

Are you scared of vampires?

*bounces comically*

Lost boys is pretty vague on just how much power they have like they can fly, go out in the sun, turn rice into maggots. What can't they do

Wut did dey mean buy dis?

Mobile fag

Near Dark has the best vampires, kiddo.

He's not a vampire though, he's a crazy dude who thinks he's a vampire. Still a good movie

>character is fighting a vampire
>says "are you hungry? try this stake" as they kill it

>clear rules
>on imaginary beings