How can people watch movies with subtitles? You have to pause the movie in order to read the lines...

How can people watch movies with subtitles? You have to pause the movie in order to read the lines, Why not just dub movies? It will be so much easier.

>UK represented by The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
>Spain represented by a Mexican film

>You have to pause the movie in order to read the lines

hahahahhahahahhahahahahahah, shit son

Most films and media subtitles are fine

But w/ some fast moving anime it's disorienting, you either read the text and lose sight of the visuals or vice versa.

Because dubs are pleb tier and most languages work differently making the dub sound unnatural.

>You have to pause the movie in order to read the lines,

Once you past 6th grade it doesn't take you that long to read a single line of dialogue.

That's just pathetic, user

>It's an user is illiterate thread

I know this is Cred Forums and not /lit/ but you should at least learn basic reading skills, it will really help you in life.

How slow do you fucking read?

>OP in charge of not being a retard

nothing to see here folks, move on.

Why not Alatriste for Spain?

Watching movies with English subtitles is a good way to learn pronunciation and build vocabulary as a non native speaker.

>Made "El Laberinto del Fauno" in Spain with spanish producers
>Got choose by Mexico for Oscar Academy Awards

cuck'd beyond existance.

that's an awful film
at least pick Celda 211, it has some entertainment value

Alatriste movie was mediocre cut and paste 4 books in 1 movie piece of shit work.

Photography was ok tho.

>Got choose by Mexico for Oscar Academy Awards
What did Pedro mean by this?

>cut and paste 4 books
>cut and paste 4 awful books
ftfy

Seriously? I've never heard of anyone having to do that.

I'm not a native english speaker, as a child most of the movies I watched were subtitled, I just got used to them, not missing any detail from the film while reading the subtitles.

In time it actually was how I managed to learn english and speak it fluently, subtitled films and unstranslated videogames. Nowadays I either watch films with subtitles in english or no subtitles at all. I also draw for a living so I often put a film on a second screen while drawing in the main one.

tl;dr: It's a thing of habit, and that's all.

If you need to do this you should see a doctor.

>americans

Well, excuse me for not being an english native speaker, sorry for not magically being fluent in english.
I learned everything i know by watching subtitiled movies and series and i have literally 0 fucking problems with reading and watching at the same time. Actually, subtitled movies are the most efficient way to learn a langage.

If you can't read the subs and watch the movie at the same time you're either an American pleb or an out and out retard.

Nice bait

>You have to pause the movie in order to read the i hope that this is a bait

I prefer watching movies with subtitles, even english movies. It forces you to pay attention to the movie so you don't get distracted too easily.

Secon'd

Germany, Austria, Russia dub movies

>Poland represents a movie about jews

same here

They do and it sounds like shit.

This is what Germans actually believe.

>Why not just dub movies?
Because that fucking ruins the movie.

I don't even use subs with English stuff anymore, haven't for many years but I watch plenty of Korean stuff and subs don't bother me.

Poles and Russians too.

>indigènes
fuck right off

You guys are damaged beyond repair.

We don't dub movies.

I honestly watch all movies with subs even though English is my native language

Are you 6?