Are there any non-cringy contemporary hacking-related movies?

are there any non-cringy contemporary hacking-related movies?

just spent the last few hours reading up on stuxnet, the equation group and all that. want a nice contemporary hacker/conspiracy movie. anything?

Other urls found in this thread:

gregconti.com/publications/893-conti.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Unless you want a documentary, there's no realistic hacking movie. All of them are cringy in some way or another.

Black Hat

Ghost in The Shell.

Anything from this:

gregconti.com/publications/893-conti.pdf

Scroll all the way down to the movie section.

Having just seen the signal (2014), agreed.

>Ghost in The Shell
Really? I mean, the mangas maybe but the anime adaptation has very little to do with hacking.

Of course the whole plot revolves around it but I'm sure you know what I mean when I get at it being 'Not a hacking movie'.

I really don't think so.

I bet to differ.

Maybe not so much for the movie, the 2003(?) tv show has some great concepts and neat application of how hacking/cyberfare can be utilised. Even if the technical detail is garbage.

Die Hard 4 brah.

Hacking is inherently gay as fuck so no

>bet to differ.
?

What about Mr. Robot?

*beg to differ

That's because you're retarded and thinking hacking is ddosing

computers are inherently gay as fuck

>non-cringy

>he says whilst operating one and carries one around in his pocket

guess that makes you a faggot then

Real hackers don't make for good films. You want to watch two hours of a dork coding, jerking off to hentai, and cooking micro wave lasagna until the feds knock on his door?

I don't own a smartphone.

And yes. I am gay as fuck, we are all the faggots of modernity.

>gregconti.com/publications/893-conti.pdf
>Hackers
>Swordfish
That list a shit, user.

Would someone really do that? Just go on a Nepalese yurt building message board and espouse uninformed opinions?

Based Ted

If they look at the reasons they list those movies, it doesn't matter if the film is shit or isn't technically accurate.

This tbqh

>Implying anyone wants to see a neckbeard bruteforcing for 4 hours

exactly

this is why Hackers is the GOAT movie about hacking, it turns it into something fantastical and fun

>movie

Words cannot describe how much I wanted to be Zero Cool.

You were 'zero cool" your whole life m8.

The signal is the best example of hacking in a movie, but it's still cheesy as fuck.

Luckily it's only a small portion of the movie and more of a metaphorical device for being "wicked smaht!"