Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RLyyArevZGU
youtube.com/watch?v=NzakrA2NUpg
youtube.com/watch?v=mw3H3OFg-2g
youtu.be/2jE2ZlPnJD8?t=38m
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/62957319/#q62957319
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*piano arpeggio*

Season 3'll be the first time I get to watch the show weekly with Cred Forums, one of the few things I'm looking forward to in my life

Season 1's opening is still my favourite although I get why the 2nd's a better fit. Reminds me of Carnivale's, I love that style

As the season progressed the opening for a lot more depressing.

>Season 3'll be the first time I get to watch the show weekly with Cred Forums, one of the few things I'm looking forward to in my life

You sad creature you.

Is this some kind of Silent Hill character?

It's not even starting until April.

Can you make it that long user?

It only gets harder the closer we get. I'm fine for now, I think the week before it premieres will be the danger zone for me

not even memeing
he is our guy

are there any other shows you're looking forward to that start before then?

i'm kind of looking forward to TWD just because it's gotten so cheesy at this point its like watching a televised b-movie for me.

I'm going to cry very hard for this last season and I want to make sure Cred Forums will be here to comfort me.

Post Leftovers scenes that made you cry or at least tear up.

youtube.com/watch?v=RLyyArevZGU

>JIIIIIIILLLLLL

this scene made my cry tears of you know what from my you know where ¦:¬) ¦:¬) ¦:¬)

couldn't find it but the scene where Nora gets upset that she woke up without Kevin next to her and brought out the handcuffs

describing it makes it sound like an encounter with the crazies but seeing it gave me such a huge feeling for relief

best scene in the series imo

NO ONE KNOWS FOR CERTAIN

youtube.com/watch?v=NzakrA2NUpg

Nah, just Rectify

Unironically looking forward to TWD though. That finale really shat the bed but everything involving Negan was done incredibly well, I've rewatched his entrance a good number of times and looking forward to see him being a regular

It's the first show since Mad Men ended that I'm looking forward to weekly threads on, and of course it's ending right after

I wish more shows aimed to make the audience emotionally invested in whats happening and hopefully care enough to cry. Too many shows are about empty thrills and cynical anti-hero shenanigans

youtube.com/watch?v=mw3H3OFg-2g

So anyone have any predictions for what direction season 3 is going to take? I listened to an interview Lindelof gave in April and he said something I found pretty damn interesting:

"Thematically, if the audience knows the show is ending there's actually an opportunity for us to play with the idea that the world is going to end and the audience would; say 'they might actually do that because there's not going to be a season 4'.... What does that look like on a Leftovers frequency, how do we do that idea a little bit differently, maybe even with the same kind of sense of humor and emotional pathos of 'International Assassin'. I think there's a way to do the apocalypse that we haven't quite seen before."

youtu.be/2jE2ZlPnJD8?t=38m

>the apocalypse as we haven't seen before

The first thing that comes to mind since he mentions the hugely Sopranos-esque International Assassin is a take on it that isn't panic and chaos, but the same existential dread as the rest of the show. "It's all a big nothing", "you don't even hear it" kind of stuff

Now that I think about it the majority of apocalyptic films are really about people that survive the apocalypse, more about civilization's death than the end of humanity. A story that actually says "we're all going to end and that's all there is to it" would be pretty compelling

That sounds about right. The fact they they're moving to Australia where Kevin's dad has been going on shaman vision-trips and shit and they've cited Picnic at Hanging Rock and The Last Wave as influential in addition to all the apocalypse talk makes me think that Kevin's dad is going to reveal that the world is going to end and then multiple Departures are going to start taking place or something along those lines. I really can't wait to see how crazy things get now that they see how well-received International Assassin was.

>I get to watch the show weekly with Cred Forums

Hope you're ready for live threads with 8 replies.

Do you think this means we might see another sudden departure or possibly even get hints or an explanation as to what it is?

I hope they leave at least most of it as a mystery, the explanation is always less satisfying then you would think.

>implying
this is the International Assassin livethread. It was one of the best livethreads I've been in
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/62957319/#q62957319

For what it's worth Christopher Eccleston has said they're still not going to give an explanation for it and I really doubt they'd pull a 180 and try to explain it when they've been saying since season one that they're not going to do that. Not to mention that Lindelof would never take the risk of trying to explain it and being viewed as coming up short again.

I think we'll probably get a few vague hints/possibilities suggested in a questionable dream/trip context from Kevin or his dad, especially if more departures start happening, but that'll be about the extent of it.

Daily reminder that this terrible show is routinely praised by this shit board with no taste

Case in point

Too morose for me.

There's a Big Brother general you could be posting in.

They won't listen though man. Half the inbreds on here don't know good TV.

like Stranger Things and House of Cards?

>mfw

Full of the same people that populate Leftovers threads fucko and at least Big Brother doesn't pretend that it's high art.

>fucko
How's senior year going?

It's going great someone asked what nihilism was in class the other day and my teacher's five minute response had more insight and entertainment value than two seasons of The Leftovers.

Enjoy homecoming, champ.