Anyone got a meme image that tells me exactly who this fucker is and why I should care?

Anyone got a meme image that tells me exactly who this fucker is and why I should care?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/The_Defenders_(Netflix_series)
comingsoon.net/movies/news/643829-kevin-feige-on-the-doctor-strange-powers-in-the-movie#/slide/1
youtube.com/watch?v=6ZG_pNIMsuw
youtube.com/watch?v=eEpbUf8dGq0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Please someone post that retarded jump

I got your mum in a headlock sucking my dick

He's Benedict Cumberbatch, he's a pretty well liked British actor.

"Doctor Strange was a brilliant but egotistical surgeon. After a car accident destroys his hands and hinders his ability to perform surgery, he searches the globe for a way to repair them and encounters the Ancient One. After becoming one of the old Sorcerer Supreme's students, he becomes a practitioner of both the mystical arts as well as martial arts. Along with knowing many powerful spells, he has a costume with two mystical objects—the Cloak of Levitation and Eye of Agamotto—which give him added powers."

Both DC and Marvel universes gets crazy pretty quickly when you look beyond the mainstream characters.

Sounds alright actually.

I was about to ask why some guy from modern age decided to wear some faggy cloak like that, but your post explained it.

what's this guy's name again?

Bendadick Cuminsnatch IIRC

/thread

Thell them about Hawkman.

What's wrong with this guy? Why is he so fucking odd?

I'll never understand how women find this shit attractive.

Is the movie going to go full cuck and have the nigger "Brother Voodoo" replace Strange as sorcerer supreme like in the comics?

Brother Voodoo will never get to be in a movie. Too problematic.

I cant remember if it was DC or Marvel but my favorite is some obscure superhero who was raised by condors together with their chicks and then eventually learned how to fly just because he wanted too.

> watch trailer for this movie
> he manipulated an entire city, something like the inception
Is he the strongest marvel character?

But how did he get magical powers? One of those stupid gems?

Dr. Doom or some shit

Black Condor or something. He's DC.

I'm quite partial to the Whizzer, who got superspeed from a transfusion of mongoose blood.

Study and practice.

>Both DC and Marvel universes gets crazy pretty quickly when you look beyond the mainstream characters.

He studied. Magic is a learned ability in the MU - he didn't get it by accident and it wasn't gifted to him by some higher being.

The objects are infused with mystical energy. But more than likely in the MCU the Eye of Agamotto will contain an Infinity stone.

>mfw there will be a second trailer out there soon with a suprise cameo at the end of an established Avenger that will get everyone hyped up because otherwise this movie would bomb

bucket crunderdunder

Wanda? I think the movie is about him getting to her

I've always hated the inclusion of magic in both DC and Marvel. It makes it so easy to get away will bullshit magical plot devices.

agreed, i like my superhero movies with flying gods and aliens to be totally logical

That's why I stopped watching Marvel movies after Iron Man 2

I didn't know anything about Doctor Strange's world before. Now I'm REALLY interested

He's really high up there, one of his main villains is basically the devil and he's fought gods before
Still got his ass kicked by the Hulk though

How much interest are we talking here buddy?

That's Benedict Cumbersome. He played an autist at one point and tumblr loves him.
Hence, Marvel.

Isn't this relevant to all the Marvel shit?

blooberblat frickafrak

If Dr Strange the memevie is going to be anything like this I'm going to be well chuffed. Sadly I think it will be tailored to batman and deadpool demographics.

>and it wasn't gifted to him by some higher being.

Sorta. He learned it, but most of his spells are empowered by various arcane beings. A lot of his spells namedrop some godlike being or other (such as "the crimson bands of Cyttorak" and "the images of Ikonn") because he's calling on their power.

In particular, most of his power comes from a trio of super-powerful entities called the Vishanti. When the Vishanti withdrew their power at one point, Strange was almost powerless.

In the movies most definitely. Only because The Hulk really isn't anything compared to his comic counterpart. That being said, Dr Strange and Hulk usually beat eachother depending on what the plot requires and both have some abosoutely ridiculous feats.

formatting and spacing?

OP here. Your image sounds a bit retarded but won me over anyways. I am fractionally hyped.

K, so how can Thanos compete if they're introducing this guy before him?

I remember this shit from Marvel vs. Capcom 3, all of his moves had long-winded names that he said in full literally every single time. A Capcom employee said Marvel was very insistent and nitpicky over little details about Dr. Strange more than pretty much any other character. He was pretty cool though.

Infinity gems

Oh shit another Marvel movie with zero stakes.

money, fame, etc

How exactly do they work? Because from that description it appears that he controls almost every law in every universe, so there is literally no way to harm him, because he will just stop time and make everything as he likes it.

Thanos is an immortal super genius wizard god-mutant. As much as Strange pulls some bullshit, Thanos pulls even more.

>How exactly do they work?
Magic, fuck you that's how. The Infinity Gems are above Strange's powers. In the comics Thanos kills of half of all life in the universe with a snap of his fingers.
Thanos is too tricky for his own good.

What makes comic Hulk different? His strength and speed seem pretty useless against someone like Dr Strange.

t. melee characters kited by magic users

They give whoever is using it complete control over whatever that gem represents, so if you had the time gem then any time bullshit Strange tried wouldn't affect you and you could stop time for him instead
The gems are soul, time, space, mind, reality, and power

This flick will bomb

The Hulk can break planets, heals pretty much instantly and just keeps getting stronger the longer a fight goes on.

>Dr Strange and Hulk usually beat eachother depending on what the plot requires
so just like every mcuck movie, where each hero is either stronger or weaker than another based on the plot?

>Thanos kills of half of all life in the universe with a snap of his fingers.

So why doesn't he just snap his fingers to make all the infinity stones come to him and then just snap them again to destroy earth, or do whatever he wants to do with it?

>so just like every mcuck movie
No, like every comic book ever written.

Comic Hulk is just broken bullshit depending on how angry he is
My favorite Hulk v Strange match up though is Strange thinking hes managed to calm him down and the Hulk has turned back into Banner and Strange goes up to him since Banner is his friend only for him to turn right back into the Hulk and crush Stranges hands because Banner agrees with why the Hulk is pissed at Strange

I'm sure this time your post will become true, Anonymous! I know it didn't the last 13 times and, in fact, they did stupidly good globally, but I believe in you!

Just like BvS

When they fought in the comics, the Hulk basically tricks Strange into letting his guard down and then breaks his hands, which prevents Strange from casting spells.

Then Strange lets himself get possessed by a demon so he can hulk out and fist fight the Hulk, which goes about as well as you'd expect.

>So why doesn't he just snap his fingers to make all the infinity stones come to him and then just snap them again to destroy earth, or do whatever he wants to do with it?
Because he needs the infinity stones first to do the snapping fingers bullshit/

>So why doesn't he just snap his fingers to make all the infinity stones come to him
Because he needs the Infinity Stones to do the fingersnap.
>destroy earth
Well the thing about that is is that Thanos doesn't actually want to win. He realized becoming omnipotent won't actually give him what he wants, so he just sabotaged himself.

How does a guy who controls time, space, every aspect of the universe lose to a guy who's just raw physical power? He could simply erase him from existence or stop time for him, couldn't he?

World War Hulk, was it?

how do these work?

what happens if the stone from Vision is removed? if someone pulls it off, will he die?

how is it anything like BvS?

Superman is stronger, Batman can only win with Kryptonite

Nah, the Hulk would just get so mad the magic didn't work on him because he's the Hulk and he makes money.
It would be extremely painful.

Why will he come to earth in the first place? I mean, it's just one shitty planet in one of the infinite number of universes.

That's pretty interesting, but unfortunately I guess it all boils down to shooting lasers at a not at all abstract supervillain.

Vision has an infinity stone in his head for starters.

gems only work in one universe

Yeah
>Ghost Rider shows up to stop the Hulk rampage and is actually capable of going toe to toe with him
>everyone's face when Ghost Rider looks into Hulks memory and decides his desire for revenge is justified and let's him start rampaging again

>It would be extremely painful.
for you?

that's convenient

>Superman not instantly pinning down Bats and explaining the situation
>hurr durr DC doesn't have dumb bullshit just so their heroes fight, it makes way more sense

While the wording in this image is technically correct, the guy that made the image is exaggerating a little.

Dr Strange's superpower is finding loopholes in cosmic laws. That's how he beats stuff that is more powerful than him. It's riveting stuff if you're a lawyer or accountant.

>convenient
It wasn't when the heroes needed them to save Earth from colliding with another Earth, Cap puts the gauntlet on and then the gems just fuck off.

That is pretty cool.

Isn't your shit relevant to you?

It very much is user

Dumbest shit I've read all hour

The Eye of Agamotto is probably going to be the time stone.

Bentdick Encumberedbatch

Didn't know that Ghost Rider was on this level. I thought he was maybe Fantastic Four tier.

Reminder that cosmic Marvel is patrician capeshit, and streetfags need not apply.

"These universes are often popularly called dimensions."

No, they're not.

As usual, DC does it better.

So Thor is up there with the big guys? Should be pretty easy for him to defeat whoever tries to fuck with them on earth.

Fuck the hell off

Where the last 13 films about wizards and magic

DUMBFUCK MARVEL BITCH
Your sarcasm is so witty

He's a lot weaker in the movies than the comics.

Odinforce Thor is power cosmic tier bullshitery. But the earth pantheons are pretty low on the cosmic power scale outside of the Skyfathers.

Thor is more powerful than virtually every mortal, supernatural or otherwise (excluding bullshit like Franklin Reed). Odin is stronger than him and probably on the level of Thanos, but still doesn't hold a candle to the abstracts.

>Dr. Eon, I'm Mercurial Inbetweener

kek

Gaiman>Marvel>Mainstream DC
DC's just isn't fleshed out enough, despite Grant Morrison's efforts.

The term "elder god" is relative, and most of this information is from a human/mortal perspective. It puts him on the high-end of practical power levels to be sure, but not so high up on the cosmic level.

"Popularly", a in dumbshits call them dimensions, which is accurate.

lol no. Marvel is clusterfuck of conflcting and sometimes irrelevant entities.

Can Dr Strange fuck them up. I want a humanity fuck yeah movie

Odin is quite a bit beyond Thanos's paygrade excluding any amped versions. Only time they fought all Thanos could do was not die.

if only he gave a fuck about midgard

If Doctor Doom can, I see no reason why Strange can't.
>this will never happen in the mcu

...wouldn't clinching Stark's throat in-suit permanently choke him from the neck/collar being squished? Did Thor later pry it loose for him so he could breathe again?

So they are just massive guys floating in space? Seems pretty silly and disappointing.

Holy fuck Dr Doom in the comics looks good. All this minable material and we get jars of piss and quips about orange slices.

trans-dimensional arbiter of justice

Depends on how much help he gets from his friends on the other side.

>angling a nebula so that space Gaylord looks he's wearing underpants

Wtf marvel.

> sees one image
> presumes to know everything about all depicted elements
cute/10

I am quite cute, yes

He's powered by Jesus.

-and conceded. You're the real deal.

I suspect it will be Tiny Stark as he probably meets Strange at some posh party when he was an arrogant surgeon.

I can't think of why Strange would go to Wakanda to whatever mountain/cave hideout Wanda, whom he knows nothing about, is living in, whereas I can think of Mads' character (if he survives) doing that if he uses a certain evil Grimoire.

fuck i hate comics so much

Comics DOOM is a complicated fellow

So how did the Seven Rings of Raggadorr not one-shot everyone?

That's not Doom, that's the hack writers pandering to Amerifats. Magneto could save everybody that's buried instantly and probably repair the towers. Take that bullshit out of here.

Why would I argue? I know nothing about that shit.

>Thell them about Hawkman.

Normies aren't ready for that level of insanity breh.

That shit did not help him in the Flickering Realms.

yet two posts ago you asserted that hey were boring giants floating in space, and now confess to knowing nothing

>Brother Voodoo will never get to be in a movie. Too problematic.

How is he problematic?

>dr octopus in the background

he sure is relevant there

It's an anti projectile counter.

What was "diverse" in the 8090s is now "racist."

I made an assumption based on what I saw and I got corrected. Simple.

Kurt Russel is playing EGO THE LIVING PLANET my niqqas.

oh
He has this one comic in the spell that makes rings that cut shit in half; I thought that's what they were

>pretending a Vertigo book is DC because they folded it into continuity

Are you going to pretend The Authority isn't Wildstorm next?

Juggernaut is easily the most bizarre addition there

Isn't he more powerful than doc oc still? Who's the weirdo in a suit?

The Celestials (who cameo'd in GOTG) are extradimensional robot god-things responsible for creating homo sapiens, the Eternals (who are sort-of related to many "gods"), the Deviants, and implanted the X-gene in Human DNA. They did this across the universe, which is why so many species have a humanoid bodyshape.

He's just a dude with voodoo skills who sees his dead brother. I can't find anything controversial about that.

Kingpin, who is presumably there in order to secure the contract to clear the rubble and build the monument.

>Who's the weirdo in a suit?
Kingpin.

Gaiman's Sandman debuted before DC split Vertigo off.

Its first storyline featured Dr. Destiny, a JLA villain, as well as an appearance by JLA member Martian Manhunter.

That's Derelict Slumbersnatch you fucking pleb

For comparison.

And they very quickly dropped any and all references to DC continuity after what, the first six issues? That was an aberration. Sandman is basically a creator owned title, and we all know it.

Except Chaos

When did they show this? I don't remember it at all.

Benadryl Cumbersome

Especially because he ran into one of the twin towers in the early 90s and knocked it down. He's so out of place it has to be a nod to that.

Don't take it to heart, he's a marvel comics fan, basically a toddler in a fat man's body.

allow me,

There were once tons of Celestials, until the "Aspirants" came around, and they went to war. After a bitter war of attrition, during which the Godkiller destroyed countless Celestials, the Aspirants and the Godkiller were defeated and the Aspirants wiped out. Visiting Earth every few thousand years in groups called "Hosts", they're supposidly responsible for the creation of the Eternals and the Deviants, and, via genetic manipulation, the maybe even the existence of superpowers in mutants. Resenting the Celestials and their monitoring of Earth's progress, the Skyfather figures of Earth (e.g. Odin, Zeus, etc) attempted to stop the Third Host, but were quickly outmatched. The Skyfathers then developed a convoluted plan to stop the Fourth Host via the use of the Odinsword and The Destroyer (See: the first Thor movie), but once again the Celestials prevented the offensive and melted the Destroyer armour into slag, scattering the Asgardians' life forces. Thor threw the Odinsword through Arishem's chest, but he removed it, analyzed it, and then vaporized it. The Earthmothers (eg. Frigga, Hera, etc) however, made an offering of twelve perfect humans, which was accepted and the planet was spared judgment. The Celestials' actions conflicted with the policy of "non-interference" practiced by fellow cosmic entities the Watchers, with the two races becoming enemies.
(from the wiki; eddited for size, relevance, and accuracy)

Semi-recently the Beyonders destroyed many Celestials in many dimensions, so their current relevance/fate is up in the air.

Fun Fact:
Knowhere, as seen in GotG, is the severed head of a Celestial, so they're MCU canon.

Its a whole bit in GotG

I didn't even correct anything, I just mocked his willingness to make assertions based on a single image.

when the Collector is telling them the story behind the stone

>Sandman is basically a creator owned title, and we all know it.

Neil Gaiman doesn't "own" Sandman at all, but exercises de facto control of it by quietly implying he would never work for DC again (or bless any of their adaptations) if they ever abuse his characters.

Twin champions?

So the solution is to kill Gaiman?

Well he wanted to blow it the fuck away during Fear Itself, that count?

*le leddit tip*

>Neil Gaiman doesn't "own" Sandman at all

He does. He "owns" is, yes in inverted commas. The same way Alan Moore "owns" Watchmen. Those characters are associated with their creators and can't ever be separated from them, unlike all other shared universe characters. Watchmen is the Moore series, Sandman is the Gaiman series, and that's it.

>got superspeed from a transfusion of mongoose blood
And here I thought a guy who calls himself Whizzer and dresses in hot yellow couldn't get any better. Thank you.

Funny how none of those will be in the Infinity Crap flicks.

It's sad, they could make something amazing if they were willing to go as psychedelic as the comics sometimes got

>Whizzer, who got superspeed from a transfusion of mongoose blood

DUDE WEED LMAO

Don't remind me, user.

This.

defenders movie when

ghost rider is too good for cinema

Alright lads it may be the gin talking but I want to read comic books, I'm not asking Cred Forums because it's changed and your shitposting keeps me going

What are some actually decent limited series

Transmetropolitan

Hellboy

Never.

Was it this that caused Damage Control (the actual in-marvel company) to rebuild the tower, notice it was a bit crooked and still go "close enough"?

marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/The_Defenders_(Netflix_series)

squad sucks, it's just some street-level guys. Looks more like Heroes for Hire.

Where is my Silver Surfer/Dr Strange/Hulk/Ghost Rider teamup

Blame Fox

This was the series that got me into comics. Beware though, it does reference previous events and some characters act different from what you're used to.

Thanos Quest is better desu.

Why do Odin, Zeus and co. care about earth and why are they pissed by the Celestials' monitoring? Also who made them (the Skyfathers) and what's their relation to the Celestials?

Silver Surfer: Requiem

Only 4 issues and you don't need to know anything beforehand. It's amazing.

On the DC side, Kingdom Come is a fantastic standalone with watercolor illustrations and a well thought-out interpretation of Armageddon. Again, it relies somewhat on understanding established characters, but not to the same degree.

By the way, Cred Forums is 95% shit now, but they'll still give you good recommendations if you specify what you want.

this is the only comic that reduced me to a crying mess.

it's beautiful.

Same here. I always heard it's a tearjerker, but I never expected it to hit me so hard.

Thanks boys, I'll give them a leaf through then hand over the more marketable ones to Max Landis

Wait, so is Odin now gone from Marvel continuity?

No, but there were multiple times where Odin was dead or at least not the leader of Asgard.

>when you have a better thread about comics on Cred Forums than on Cred Forums
Just nuke my homeboard already.

>Why do Odin, Zeus and co. care about earth
Earthlings are/were very much their power source. They are powered by our myths and legends so it was in most of their interests that the earth flourish.
>why are they pissed by the Celestials' monitoring?
Because they're self-serving spergs. They'd do asshole shit like give Apocalypse space armor and time machines just to see what he did because he was the 'first' mutant.
>Also who made them (the Skyfathers)
Descendants of elder gods like Gaia and Eternals-- Zeus and co obviously tangentially related to the Eternals on Titan.
>what's their relation to the Celestials?
Honestly don't remember. Space assholes grandparents?

Cred Forums has its uses, primarily very specific porn

So what's the Celestials' actual agenda? They just experiment on life?

Cross-content threads are always better, because they're devoid of the elitism and shitposting unique to their respective boards.

Nope.
With comics in general it's best to assume that things will eventually go back to "status quo". There are very few things that stay changed for long.
But there are exceptions, bucky coming back would be one. Most people wouldn't have expected that at the time.
It can be annoying since even when something crazy happens, it's often retcon'd or cleaned up by the next wave of writers.

As an aside, I used to love the old fashioned way of dealing with accidental continuity errors, using an editor's note. Or even the simple "This issue takes place before the events of Silver Surfer #51" type things.

>Dr. Orpheus

That panel is from a Spider-man comic

Betamax Carcrash

Thor (in Destroyer Armor + Odinforce) and The Unimind?

Silver Surfer: Requiem
Squadron Supreme

I always thought it would be great if Avengers 3 ends with the moment Thanos kills half the galaxy with a snap of fingers.

>Thanos snaps his fingers
>fade to black
>"to be continued in Avengers 4"
>end credits

Wrong ankh wielding goth... to the X treame!

They don't really have an agenda per se, they're mostly just space assholes. Though the have a system of reproduction which involves laying eggs in the cores of planets, and Earth houses one. Galactus makes it a point of eating planets that have these eggs because Celestials are very annoying to him.
Much like the Watchers they love drama but unlike them they try manufacture a lot of it themselves.

>that shit eating grin

sick fuck is doing it for his own amusement

>conceited

>Tiny Stark
kek

I liked him in Star Trek Into Darkness.

Have no other opinion whatsover.

Cred Forums was never that great with capeshit comics but the Marvel NOW! and nu52 definitely pushed things into a dark place.

His design was extreme but the first series wasn't. Kinda like how Extreme Justice was really an interpersonal drama.

Alex Ross also drew/painted Marvels, a comic which shows most of the Marvel history (up to that point). It's a pretty good start for checking out what heroes you might want to read about and for learning its general history.

Here you go.

It should be noted that this is the backstory in the Earth X alternate universe, and there is zero evidence that it's also true in 616 (or, now Prime) universe.

>hasn't read Secret Warriors

I like that Feige said they'll not shy away from his weird spells. Probably why they chose Cumberbatch, since he has a great voice and can sell that shit.

>“He can do a whole host of things, eventually,” Feige told the magazine. “He does cast spells, which in the comics have very sort of tongue-twisty fun names. We don’t want to shy away from that, because that’s what makes Doctor Strange Doctor Strange."

comingsoon.net/movies/news/643829-kevin-feige-on-the-doctor-strange-powers-in-the-movie#/slide/1

>tfw no Gruenwald Squadron Supreme movie
>tfw no JMS Squadron Supreme HBO series

Carey and Lucifer is better than Sandman.

>this
They way the west thinks about 9/11 as a quasi religous phenomenon is embarassing.

Remember that time in the 2nd world war where all DC characters, good or bad, stopped the holocaust from happening? of course they did not because that would be retarded

>truthers not realising that the Juggernaut caused 9/11 and the planes were holograms.

This is strangely relevant to yesterday's boom boom.

did they ever explain what Mads is doing here?

Reminding me what a saliva trip is like.

I read this comic while listening to Justin Bieber played at one eight speed (like Dredd Soundtrack but for whole album). It was emotional.

According to the new featurette released, he's trying to spill the barriers between dimensions or something like that.

He wants the multiverse to have open borders so he's converging everything with a bunch of realities at once or some shit.

One of the only comics I've ever read was Sandman and I thought it was pretty fun.
It's not kino but really good entertainment, I heartily recommend it if you're ever bored and want to read a comic book for some reason.

old man superman is so fucking cool

We should use CGI for things like this. It's funny how CGI is mostly tied to plots, and art films without plots will use it less (Koyaanisqvatsi etc.). Missed opportunity.

Noice.

In ye olde Earthe-Twoe Superman ended WW2 in like a week when he flew to Germany and beat the shit out of Hitler.

But that's an alternate universe that doesn't exist anymore.

Naqoyqatsi (2002) used CGI and people didn't like it. Maybe it could've worked better with today's technology though

No you didn't

Dude LMAO swear words. Imma steal this for 9gag.

Holy shit this is going to be a drug fuelled movie.

They didn't say that's what he's doing right there in that webm; they just say his overall motivations. Also the Ancient One does it too.

It looks to me like he is viewing various dimensions/timelines from an outsider's perspective on a neutral plane. To see more dimensions, he is splitting them apart from eachother, thereby forcing the previously-opened dimensions to move out of the way (which is what's causing all that weird distortion)

I imagine it was pretty fun to do the CGI for this movie.

>We should use CGI for things like this.
we already do

Oh God, it just looks so terrible. How can they do this to Johnny Blaze?

Good thing it isn't Blaze. Its basically a spic who got the powers as well. But instead of a motorcycle he has a muscle car.

That's not Johnny, that's Robbie Reyes.

>we use CGI for non plot films
>posts CGI being used to hamfistedly represent 4D in a movie about how love would work in space.

The start of Tree of Life would be a more rational post, but still weak.

maybe

>pretending the Civil War comic was good
>9gag

Can doctor strange still kick your ass even as a ghost?

It was the only image I could find, user.

I wonder if they'll play the cloak like the Magic Carpet for laughs.

youtube.com/watch?v=eEpbUf8dGq0

If any of you guys used to watch spill.com. Robert Cargill who was in that webshow is the one writing Doctor Strange. He does an interview with his old buddies from spill.com that now do Double Toasted.

He explains things like what Marvel wants to do with Phase 3, how they wanted the tone of the movie as well as explaining the Ancient's casting choice with choosing Tilda Swilton.

Basically the Ancient One was a Chinese farmer who went to the mystical Tibetan Temple. Can't use that cuz China will not allow Tibet to be mentioned.

Kek people think this is intelligent writing

Pretty good interview, thanks.

What about White Lightning or whomever that got his superpowers from cocaine?

Oh my fuck, I'd love that.

With all the talk of how this movie is ripping off Inception I didn't even realise how much it's ripping off Interstellar.

Hes astral projecting there and if you mean when hes astral projecting,Yes and then just make a new body

Snowflame. I think he was DC.

A comic book around for decades ripping off interstellar?

You can see the guy running in the background getting a small fireball nailed at him!

whats so special about his hands anyway?

he was a world renowned surgeon and got the fucked up

cannot unsee

Oh, its just one of the sparks, not from someone in the background

He is a surgeon. One of the best in the world. Gets in a car accident, the bones in his hands end up getting broken in several places. After recovering from said car crash, his hands now suffer from tremors. He can no longer operate.

So he goes all over the world trying to find any solution that will help him get rid of his unsteady hands. That's when he finds the Ancient One.

This. Mutiple infinities? Just say you don't understand what infinity means. No one will mock you. jfc

Still hype as shit for doctor strange though because I love the occult. Hopefully it will be more psychedelic than "I am very smart(er than you).

>Merlin
>less powerful than Strange

Strange is basically a Magic Lawyer who uses technicalities, loopholes and bullshit wording to beat powerful shit.

Merlin is just an insanely powerful wizard who acts as a God to various other heroes, gifting them power and such.

Thats the whole point, Infinity is a concept we cant even grasp, Its entirely possible there is multiple infinities!

Bs. Everyone knows Doctor Strange, there's a parody of him on Venture Bros.

>Whor killed Odin

'nope'

You think we'll ever get a World War Hulk movie?

Trailer gave me the feeling he's the underdog among the trainees learning magic and he rises to the challenge

Pretty unappealing

woah...

whooshing

No, they are literally cramming it into Thor 3

>The Void

I thought that was just The Sentry being schizophrenic, and not a cosmic entity?

As much hate as Sentry gets he is one of my favorite Marvel characters

He's doing it to impress Death

spoiler alert

she's not impressed

fucking women, am I right

except stories about underdogs winning are well-known to be almost universally appealing

So you're telling me a origin story is about a regular dude becoming an irregular dude and learning to come to terms with such abnormal abilities?

Fuck me user, you're onto something.

Thanos also manages to destroy the universe and then was like "oh, that wasn't worth it" an undoes it all.

Someone may suggest to you the Batman comic "Hush". I beg you, user, do not read it, for they are rusing you, or they themselves have been rused.

That's nothing compared to his stew recipe

Lucifer, Sandman, and Hellblazer are holy kino trilogy of comics

>hero repairs the city instead of fucking it up even more during the final battle

this kills the DCuck

>wifufag: the villain
Pretty brilliant desu.

Scud disposable assasin

Its comedy
Its good, has a couple of stellar jokes but they are spoiler.

FASTER BLACK WATSON! THE CULPRIT IS GETTING AWAY!

>dat title

Kek

This is gonna be the damn time stone

K I N O
I
N
O

Is there a new trailer or something?

>margarine not butter

This is one shitty stew.

leave capekino to me

What's the mystery?

Apparently this was called a mindfuck movie

>Dr Strange comics have trippy shit everywhere
>movie (going by trailers) dulls it down to just boring New York in a kaleidoscope

Why

But the movie is his origin story so his powers will be limited to levitation, kaleidoscope effects, and karate.

that's from a trailer that's like 3 months old

Go to your local comic store and just pick up whatever looks interesting to you. Comics are cheap so if you buy something shit you haven't lost much money and at least you've learned what you don't like.

That giant virtual city they made for The Avengers is really paying off.

you can't actually believe this lol

Marvel is so fucked up with cosmic supers that it is just too awesome for its own good. what does DC have? Spectre? that gremlin looking nigga? fuckin Darkseid? lmao

>dissing Darkseid

Get off Cred Forums, Orion.

That doesn't really help.

How can they not understand that the flames surround the skull, not dance around on top of it? It would instantly make him look more ominous if the skull was obscured somewhat by the fire, backlit by it even.

He's the goddam Ghost Rider. He's supposed to be terrifying, not cartoonish.

>ripping off Doctor Orpheus
Marvelshills will defend this.

Realistic Superman vs Batman where Batman has no kryptonite and no plan.

Give Batman either of those and he's got a good chance at winning so long as Superman is still his usual ethical self and doesn't just fly in at the speed of light and rip Batman's head off or laser vision him from orbit or something.

True, Kingpin is the only one out of the group that makes some kind of sense. I understand wanting to say something about the attacks, but this is so stupid, I'm embarrassed for them. I also hated that shitty scene were some guy is cussing out Spider-man because he didn't stop the attacks.

I like that it's left unclear whether Bruce collected the gas for his grenades from lasering the sample down into the spear or if he somehow managed to synthesize it himself.

The absolute madman!

Gerber got it right when he called them the 7 goth dwarves.

>Everyone is dumb like me
Speak for your goddamned self. I know what infinity is.

You dont though user

Yes I do.

How would you know what he does or doesn't know?

The fact that he doesn't understand the concept of sets and subsets tells me all I need to know.

creating a character does not mean owning them or being associated with them at all in terms of the big two.

reminder that marvel actually sued the creator of ghost rider for showing up at comic cons saying he created ghost rider

There can be no set and subset when dealing with the infinite because it is by definition undefined. This just shows that you are more confident in your own estimation of things than you should be.

what is he doing?

turns out anyone can do magic so long as you make funny gestures and say silly words

You have to BELIEVE. That is the only requirement.

The set of all positive integers is an infinite set. So is the set of all negatives. They are both subsets of a larger infinite set that contains all integers.

Get fucked.

I want to know the condensed version

You're stupider than me.

/thread

Negative integers don't real, moron.

did he die?

>tfw I genuinely don't remember how this altercation ended
Good thing I have the omnibus sitting on my shelf.
Time for a reread.

He becomes space Jesus.

I remember he becomes a god of his own pocket universe, I just don't recall how he escaped the Mad Celestials.

>tfw this comfy as fuck show is returning today

This guy was a great choice for Lucifer.